Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

It's a deconstructed bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Does a fork setup like that count as a leading link or is there another classification for it?

All that effort around that paintshaker of a motor seems like a waste, but it's a hell of a conversation starter

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

This is why Buell keeps going out of business, FYI. Erik might know what he's doing in a shop but he's a loving terrible businessman. The people who understood this campaign already knew whether or not they were buying a Buell, and to everyone else it was "why are they crushing their own motorcycles? Are they really bad? I'd better not buy one..."

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Dog Case posted:

http://www.bikeexif.com/buell-blast-custom

Best custom build of the best bike ever made

The front suspension looks like something that BMW engineers dream about before waking up in a cold sweat.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

That's one way to improve reliability.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Dog Case posted:

http://www.bikeexif.com/buell-blast-custom

Best custom build of the best bike ever made

So, does the oil filter nipple just drain oil all over the exhaust pipe? Seems like that exhaust wrap is going to get saturated pretty fast.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Sagebrush posted:

This is why Buell keeps going out of business, FYI. Erik might know what he's doing in a shop but he's a loving terrible businessman. The people who understood this campaign already knew whether or not they were buying a Buell, and to everyone else it was "why are they crushing their own motorcycles? Are they really bad? I'd better not buy one..."

What was their point with this?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Acknowledgement that the blast was bad I guess?

a cute sea otter
Apr 24, 2017

I shall personally eat your entrails on my tummy!
All will be absorbed by the HORG. Resistance is futile.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

goddamnedtwisto posted:

The front suspension looks like something that BMW engineers dream about before waking up in a cold sweat.

(e: better view)

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

http://www.viberider.com

Of course this is a thing

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Jazzzzz posted:

http://www.viberider.com

Of course this is a thing

Hahahahah that is amazing.

The seat on my tuono has a raised spine to keep you from sliding back at warp speed or whatever, and it extends back into the pillion "seat". Without fail, all of my most beavis & butthead friends have immediately pointed it out and guffawed how women must love it. I took my ex on it a few times and she loving hated it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Day Man posted:

What was their point with this?

Erik and friends hated being told by H-D to make a cheap starter bike because they wanted to keep pretending they were Ducati Corse. In my opinion, they kinda half-assed the design (it would have been possible to put a balance shaft in the engine, for instance, if they'd pushed for it) and that's part of why it was so poorly rated by serious motorcyclists. When they were finally allowed to cancel it, they gleefully crushed their remaining stock and made that ad campaign to demonstrate how much they hated it.

Then Buell went out of business three more times and continued not winning anything, because they don't understand that all the big manufacturers support their racing programs by selling oodles of mundane but functional entry-level bikes that get people interested in the brand.

The Blast (and descendants) could have saved the brand but Erik was snotty about it, and that ad campaign is the perfect encapsulation of his attitude.

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

The seat on my tuono has a raised spine to keep you from sliding back at warp speed or whatever, and it extends back into the pillion "seat". Without fail, all of my most beavis & butthead friends have immediately pointed it out and guffawed how women must love it.

I feel sorry for your friends' wives and girlfriends

"haha, women must love that! i know that girls like mashing  their  junk  into  a  hard  blunt  edge"

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 26, 2017

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Men have literally no clue about how women's genitals work news at 11

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
I've found another beautiful custom thing

http://www.bikeexif.com/custom-bmw-c-evolution

I like how up close the fairing looks like somebody's styrofoam and cardboard cosplay prop

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Dog Case posted:

I like how up close the fairing looks like somebody's styrofoam and cardboard cosplay prop

Half finished batman moto?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

M42 posted:

*sucks an ice cube before giving Slavvy a blowjob because Cosmo said it was a good idea*

M42
Nov 12, 2012

cosmo-glazed-donut-blowjob.jpg

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Dog Case posted:

lol posted:

On the mechanical front, he’s lowered the C evolution, taking out the shock absorbers to make it fully rigid. 
So I don't know anything about drag bikes, but wouldn't a rigid rear end handle like poo poo when launching?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Chichevache posted:

*sucks an ice cube before giving Slavvy a blowjob because Cosmo said it was a good idea*

You read Cosmo too?? :swoon:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

MetaJew posted:

So I don't know anything about drag bikes, but wouldn't a rigid rear end handle like poo poo when launching?

A rigid rear helps with anti-wheelie and keeps the geometry dialed to a specific amount.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

M42 posted:

cosmo-glazed-donut-blowjob.jpg

youtube-grapefruit-technique.mp4

Dog Case posted:

A rigid dragster e-scooter that looks like the lovechild of an F-117A and the transmission case from a dump truck. Instead of looking like something more than the sum of its parts, this instead looks like a collection of parts.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Jazzzzz posted:

youtube-grapefruit-technique.mp4

youtube-banana-method.mov

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

M42 posted:

I searched Youtube for "Banana method" and the first hit was some bottle blonde chick who does ASMR videos trying to summon Satan with bananas in a "pentagram".

Hail banana Satan.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

M42 posted:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Thanks to YLLS the only thing I think of when grapefruit is mentioned is that one bodybuilder dude.

Kai Greene

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My sumo wrestler shirt arrived :woop:

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Both of mine fit a bit big. I should have gotten small. :(

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Coydog posted:

Alternatively
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dW7n2UP60bk
(This guy is awesome and you should watch this video)

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

M42 posted:

Women are bad at sharing that knowledge, blame men, news at 11.

I know when I ask my SO about specifics she gets all shy. And since each woman is different... yeah. Yup.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Your SO gets all shy when I ask her about that, too. It's not just you.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Coydog posted:

The material feels like it's going to shrink, maybe wash and dry one of them?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Coredump posted:

I know when I ask my SO about specifics she gets all shy. And since each woman is different... yeah. Yup.

goon bad at sex

news never, because that's obvious as all get out

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Coredump posted:

Oh wow

Edit get up in there

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

M42 posted:

Coydog posted:

hot sauce posted:

The material feels like it's going to shrink, maybe wash and dry one of them?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

A MIRACLE posted:

Oh wow

Edit get up in there

But maybe that's what she dislikes?

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

If she dislikes receiving head from her lover idk how to handle that

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

No thread turn left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Slavvy posted:

No thread turn left

*Countersteers right*