Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
When I was mega poor for years, PoE gave me hundreds and hundreds of hours of entertainment for free. Now that I have a big kid job with a real paycheck I get shiny sparkly things and play dress up. I regret nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

leaving screen shake on in tyool 2017

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Jinnigan posted:

What's this boot worth?

Just as a general tip for pricing, you'll want to only search the relevant valuable mods, and you'll want to search a little bit below your rolls as well. It can also help to search for the generic amount of plus res, as opposed to the specific resists you have. In this case, a 60+ life, 60 resist, 30% ms boot can be searched for like this. The boot enchant, while nice, doesn't really add much to an otherwise mediocre boot.

terrified of my bathroom fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Aug 25, 2017

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Kitava with ice crash is like punching myself in the dick. Can't do the melee part of your attack because you're too far away, or you can't do the ice part of your attack because it decides not to loving spawn because of the cliff edge.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Vasudus posted:

When I was mega poor for years, PoE gave me hundreds and hundreds of hours of entertainment for free. Now that I have a big kid job with a real paycheck I get shiny sparkly things and play dress up. I regret nothing.
It definitely feels good supporting the dev team and seeing how the game has grown so massively over the years.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Control Volume posted:

Kitava with ice crash is like punching myself in the dick. Can't do the melee part of your attack because you're too far away, or you can't do the ice part of your attack because it decides not to loving spawn because of the cliff edge.

Can Searing Bond do any damage to Kitava at all yet?

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

Delpino posted:

So I tried playing on my laptop a bit since I'm at the beach, and found my old Intel 3000 graphics chip won't even run a new character well. I think this would actively break the laptop.

I couldn't even watch the youtube video without almost lagging out and crashing. I can't imagine what it would do to my laptop actually trying to run graphics like that. 4 alarm fire probably.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

gonadic io posted:

I know my Wither totem couldn't :argh:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I just swapped it out for blade flurry and a crappy sword and beat him in 1 life. It would be a great boss if actually hitting the fucker wasnt godawful

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I found Kitava pretty easy with cyclone, just spin along the edge and move out of the way of his attacks.

Also, Slayer overleech seems to negate his fire breath.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Bob NewSCART posted:

Two questions:

1: I'm having a poo poo load of trouble choosing between dark pact, frostblades, and cyclone. And if cyclone, do I go pure phys berserker? Or meatball slayer?

2. Is there a list I can sign up for so that I can ensure I get an invite to the guild when there's room? I've asked more than a few times in discord and have had no luck.

Anyone :smith:

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I've had more fun with dark pact berserker than frost blades raider. I say dark pact all the things.

Shayl
Apr 11, 2007

Is it pretty normal for a person to get stuck on a certain tier of maps because they don't drop? I haven't been able to get anything above tier 8. Maybe I just need to run more maps and that's just how it is.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

gonadic io posted:

I did Kitava just fine with my Reverse Shockwave Searing Bond Chieftan so yeah. Kitava's hitbox is pretty fat all things considered.

Dave Matthews Big Fan!
Nov 10, 2009

Shayl posted:

Is it pretty normal for a person to get stuck on a certain tier of maps because they don't drop? I haven't been able to get anything above tier 8. Maybe I just need to run more maps and that's just how it is.

I play self found and it can get rough around 8-10, yeah. Abuse harbinger orbs, keep all yellow maps so you can vendor them for higher tiers, and run uber lab if your build can handle it cause the end chests can drop a handful of red maps.

Or just buy some if you're not playing self found :shobon:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Shayl posted:

yes, the game right now expects you to either have mates (i.e. us) that complete the atlas with you or that you simply buy maps

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Shayl posted:

buy the higher tier if you need to. or use one of the orbs to make your tier 8 turn into a 9. but yes bad luck streaks can happen. Just keep filling out more of the atlas and that bad rng will be less of a thing in regards to maps. Make sure you're going for pack size if possible.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Reverse Shockwave Searing Bond Chieftan

btw that build? yeah it's shaper viable because everything is :psyduck:

J
Jun 10, 2001

Shayl posted:

Yeah, just run more maps. There will be short term periods of bad luck but over time your map stash should grow assuming you're alching the maps and raising your atlas bonus along the way. Don't get caught up worrying about the exact tier of maps you currently have, alch what you have and go. You can shortcut the process by buying/begging for maps from other people if you want but you don't need to.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

I've never tried dark pact myself, but everyone playing zerker DP says it's really powerful. I wouldn't be surprised if GGG nerfed it in a mid-league balance patch, though.

I'm playing Ngamahu's Cyclone Slayer this league and I love it. It's powerful, cheap, and fast. If you're looking at builds for it and getting scared off by the price of Xoph's Blood, I promise that you absolutely do not need one to crush T15s. A 5L and decent rares are plenty. If you have any interest in doing uber lab runs, it's an ideal build for that too. Slayer's super-cull is great against the third Izaro fight.

Shayl posted:

There's no sense in waiting for maps to drop; just buy them from players. Everything below upper-level red-tier maps are really cheap compared to the profit you get from running them. My experience is that once you're over the initial mapping difficulty hump, pretty much every decent build very quickly reaches a point where the tier of maps that you're "naturally" accumulating is way too easy. This league I just bought everything and filled out T1-T10 in a day.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I'm definitely looking into ngamahu as a league starter next league after doing a regular cyclonemans and being disappointed by the lack of single target damage.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Is Bear Trap/Herald of Ash ignite still a build? Or did that get destroyed with the ash prolif changes? I just love that clink sound so goddamn much.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

gonadic io posted:

Is Bear Trap/Herald of Ash ignite still a build? Or did that get destroyed with the ash prolif changes? I just love that clink sound so goddamn much.

yeah of course it's a build, Saboteurs are p awesome imo

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Goa Tse-tung posted:

btw that build? yeah it's shaper viable because everything is :psyduck:

That build was my league starter in both breach and legacy, it's pretty much my favorite.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Gents, I need some help. I'm currently slamming my face into T10 maps and losing. I'm a Frostblades Scion, level 88 with 5.2k life and 443k DPS in path of building against bosses. I party a lot with another Frostblades character and hes level 90 and just wipes the entire screen before I can get a shot off.

Here is my character link: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/lechtansi/characters/lech_ofthousanddeaths

Heres my Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/5eNmm0hy

I've got about 60c currency, so I can respec points around or buy some upgrades. I swap in between a stibnite flask for defense and a Lions Roar, which gives me an extra 100k DPS. I'm stacking evasion and I know i'm missing evasion on my chest, but i can't find any evasion chests with GRRRRR. I could swap out melee damage on full life for cold pen and buy a GGRRRR chest with evasion for about 60c. I could also buy a Touch of Anguish claw, which would be a boost in DPS and might even be a boost in survivability depending on how effective chain and freeze is. I added a lycosidae shield in an effort to boost survivability, but I could swap in a second claw like ToA as well.

What do you think?

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
Anyone know if these links are ok for an Ice Shot - Doomfletch Prism build?
Iceshot - Weapon Elemental - Phys Projectile Attack - GMP - Increased Crit Chance

They seem to be the recommended links for my build with Tornado Shot, but I wonder if anything at all changes with LA or Ice Shot.

Edit: Thanks guildies; Chance to Bleed.

Acht fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Aug 25, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
the only issue with buying maps is when you have to spam whisper 10 people and they all say sold. Doesn't always happen but can. One night I just gave up and ran some more maps connected to the one I was trying to buy.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I want to use Kaom's Roots on my crit GC mines saboteur, but I'm using a staff (Tremor Rod, 6S/5L presently) and have no on-tree attack speed to speak of. What do you all recommend for movement? Just get used to the slow Leap Slam, switch to 4L Lightning Warp, get a QS of Adrenaline? Or give up on Kaom's Roots?

The life and chains immunity is so good though.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Aug 25, 2017

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Holyshoot posted:

the only issue with buying maps is when you have to spam whisper 10 people and they all say sold. Doesn't always happen but can. One night I just gave up and ran some more maps connected to the one I was trying to buy.

This. Every time this happens, I lose interest in playing and go do something else. It's the reason I'm only just barely in t9 maps right now.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Just do a live search on the map you want, its way easier than digging through x number of people to find the one person who hasn't sold theirs

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:

Ciaphas posted:

I want to use Kaom's Roots on my crit GC mines saboteur, but I'm using a staff (Tremor Rod, 6S/5L presently) and have no on-tree attack speed to speak of. What do you all recommend for movement? Just get used to the slow Leap Slam, switch to 4L Lightning Warp, get a QS of Adrenaline? Or give up on Kaom's Roots?

The life and chains immunity is so good though.

Flame dash/inc duration/arcane surge/faster casting.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Huh, that's new.

Looking around it seems like only Ascendant has a new portrait.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Huh, that's new.

Looking around it seems like only Ascendant has a new portrait.

I think they want to redo portraits/models for all characters (including giving Templar pants, rip) it's just that they got Ascendant done first

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Maddot_66 posted:

Flame dash/inc duration/arcane surge/faster casting.

Yeah but the charges are rather limiting on map travel. :(

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
There really should be a Faster Cooldowns Support.

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012
Could really use some help here. All of these stats are relevant for Frost Blades, or no? I tried to price-check this jewel I found (even using lower threshholds of 10/5/5/10) didn't find anything:

Carrion Run
Viridian Jewel
14% increased cold damage
5% increased attack speed
6% increased maximum life
11% increased projectile damage

Is that like a gg FB jewel, or am I way off? Have no idea how to price it.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
There is a new portrait for both the Scion and the Ascendant. I find the Scion portrait kinda jarring due to how it clashes with the rest but I suppose the other characters are getting new portraits as well.

At least no more death stare.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

dead in real life posted:

Could really use some help here. All of these stats are relevant for Frost Blades, or no? I tried to price-check this jewel I found (even using lower threshholds of 10/5/5/10) didn't find anything:

Carrion Run
Viridian Jewel
14% increased cold damage
5% increased attack speed
6% increased maximum life
11% increased projectile damage

Is that like a gg FB jewel, or am I way off? Have no idea how to price it.

Yeah its super good. Probably like 50c

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Azran posted:

There is a new portrait for both the Scion and the Ascendant. I find the Scion portrait kinda jarring due to how it clashes with the rest but I suppose the other characters are getting new portraits as well.

At least no more death stare.

Now they just need to fix her VO...and give us back the old Ranger and Zana VOs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Original content do not steal plz.

I made a skelly mages build that is insane. I'll do a write up of it later today.

Liar >________<