Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

IceOrb posted:

Hard when I go over $1000 spent on this game can I have a special "Historical Edition" of the game that has all the maps.

No but i'll send you an R6 Chibi. Whether I stick it in my butt prior is up to your choosing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Hmmm, tempting. Is it the Frost Chibi?

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Hard posted:

No but i'll send you an R6 Chibi. Whether I stick it in my butt prior is up to your choosing.

I'll hold you to that.

The.. first part. I think I can do without Hard's butt juice.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Deltasquid posted:

Hmmm, tempting. Is it the Frost IQ Chibi?

FTFY

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I get removing maps from ranked, because balance should be paramount in ranked, but maybe just implement a vote system or preference system for casual matchmaking. Similar to COD for voting or rocket league for preferences.

tjones
May 13, 2005
So we should be able to pick spawns in casual now right?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

tjones posted:

So we should be able to pick spawns in casual now right?

Oh gently caress I forgot that's not a thing in casual. This makes this update a lot worse.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Knifegrab posted:

I get removing maps from ranked, because balance should be paramount in ranked, but maybe just implement a vote system or preference system for casual matchmaking. Similar to COD for voting or rocket league for preferences.

Preference system already existed and now is apparently being removed.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Is the pro league even popular enough with players that people will recognize they are only playing the ESL maps? I don't understand the rationale at all tbh even if I don't care that the maps themselves are removed from rotation.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

The Duggler posted:

Is the pro league even popular enough with players that people will recognize they are only playing the ESL maps? I don't understand the rationale at all tbh even if I don't care that the maps themselves are removed from rotation.

Designing the game around pro league is dumb as gently caress, the change to ranked to be 3 minutes was just catering to esl which literally is one in a hundred thousandth of the playerbase for the game.

Meanwhile every pro league match is a giant clusterfuck with restarts, hacking, racist bans or just plain broken gameplay because there's no real lan client and the servers shat themselves.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 25, 2017

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

"What do you mean we're not in compliance?"
Mechwarrior Online has a decent system for this. It rolls four maps and two game modes that players on both teams can vote on before the match starts. If a thing you (or your party leader in the case of a party) voted on doesn't win you slowly build up a multiplier until you can 8x or whatever a vote and win a good (or bad) map/mode for sure.

All maps are fun maps in casual, be a shame to remove them.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
3 minute rounds are good.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Party Plane Jones posted:

Designing the game around pro league is dumb as gently caress, the change to ranked to be 3 minutes was just catering to esl which literally is one in a hundred thousandth of the playerbase for the game.

Meanwhile every pro league match is a giant clusterfuck with restarts, hacking, racist bans or just plain broken gameplay because there's no real lan client and the servers shat themselves.

Then just play casual.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Party Plane Jones posted:

the change to ranked to be 3 minutes was just catering to esl which literally is one in a hundred thousandth of the playerbase for the game.

the 3 minute rounds are amazing & one of the major reasons I'm annoyed about having to go back to casual to get an actual variety of maps again

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://streamable.com/xmk02

Diamond level player, knows exactly where I am, shoots shield. Shoots me when I flee cover as they know where I'm going to go. The only thing that throws me off is aiming exactly where I am through the wall. I'm perfectly fine with saying this is a legit Good Player.

But then I looked at his stats.

https://r6db.com/profile/04a0f2c9-2fe8-4cc9-ad73-bbc6af0df97e/simple

Silver in season 1 and 2, then nothing til season 6 where they are a Diamond. 112 wins, 2 losses in US. 40 wins, 3 losses in Europe. General stats don't match up with new Ranked stats.

Is it a legit Diamond and this is just their smurf account they came back to?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

yeah there's absolutely no way this guy ain't hackin considering he's tracing you through the wall so he is lined up on your chest when he looks through the door again. That would probably have been an outright headshot had you not vaulted over.

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

"What do you mean we're not in compliance?"

Admiral Joeslop posted:

https://streamable.com/xmk02

Diamond level player, knows exactly where I am, shoots shield. Shoots me when I flee cover as they know where I'm going to go. The only thing that throws me off is aiming exactly where I am through the wall. I'm perfectly fine with saying this is a legit Good Player.

But then I looked at his stats.

https://r6db.com/profile/04a0f2c9-2fe8-4cc9-ad73-bbc6af0df97e/simple

Silver in season 1 and 2, then nothing til season 6 where they are a Diamond. 112 wins, 2 losses in US. 40 wins, 3 losses in Europe. General stats don't match up with new Ranked stats.

Is it a legit Diamond and this is just their smurf account they came back to?

That boy be cheatin'

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

That's some incredibly obvious hacking if I've ever seen it. Probably just a wallhack, though.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Cup Runneth Over posted:

That's some incredibly obvious hacking if I've ever seen it. Probably just a wallhack, though.

Yeah definitely not aimbotting but it looks like he was probably tracking you through the wall. We had a guy aimbotting last night but we wrecked his team two matches in a row using traps and getting gud.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Long con is to remove maps and then re-add them with minor changes after the third operation health.

Also what sort of endorsement is it for the season one content if half of it is being removed lol

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm sorry to everyone on discord that I dropped out on. As long as my computer continues to crash with no warning and without any hint of what is wrong, despite replacing nearly half of my computer trying to fix it, I cannot play anymore.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Just want to remind everyone I did it first and best

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Needs some minus signs to denote removal of maps.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
As long as there is new waifus I'm playing this game.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

What if they start removing waifus though.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Jehde posted:

They can remove a lot of them and this will still be the finest collection of waifus in video game history.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Ela delayed 5months

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Just make all the new operators waifus.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Jehde posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDgq-K2oYLo

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Jehde posted:

Wooper posted:

Just make all the new operators waifus.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Ying's backstory is she crashed her car. Not a great moment for women asian drivers.

Her gadget follows the wall rather than bouncing off it so you can get it through drone holes with right angles. Looking forward to having it rubberband out of the kitchen drone hole on the spanish map.

CJ fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 26, 2017

tjones
May 13, 2005
I guess people like the lore poo poo but I can't help but think it is cringe worthy every time I hear it. Not sure how I feel about the ops. They seem over-powered as gently caress at first glance.

Ubi nerfing the map preference options in the settings is really going to suck now with the change in play lists. The new map actually looks cool.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Got the angel headgear for IQ out of a 15% alpha pack, that's my luck done for the rest of the game.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

tjones posted:

I guess people like the lore poo poo but I can't help but think it is cringe worthy every time I hear it. Not sure how I feel about the ops. They seem over-powered as gently caress at first glance.

i don't think even the people writing them take it that seriously lol

iirc Tom Clancy himself actually wrote the Rainbow 6 book around the development of the game instead of the game being based off one of his existing books

i totally ignored the little bios and poo poo but flavor text is generally cool in games and i've managed to read them all after sitting in a group that's waiting on a person to join or whatever because the operation health update is actually good and now lets you do stuff while in que

Orv
May 4, 2011
Almost every operator is some variety of crazy or mentally unwell and it's great that all these nutjobs have high stress, high risk professions. Some of their crazy even gives them superpowers, like Jackal who turned insomnia into a footprint tracking helmet(???).

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Dual side Op Ding Chavez when?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Hard posted:

Free weekend is the full game.

If you buy the game it keeps your unlocks progression.

What happens if you unlock all the base champs in the free weekend then buy the starter edition?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Pretty sure there's an Ubi FAQ somewhere that states free weekend progression doesn't apply to the starter edition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L-ZhN19MdM

having now actually seen Yings ability in action i am even more excited to play her. i already use flashbangs unironically but this new operator looks like everything a Blitz player wished they were in the dubstep preview vid

also them goo grenades sure are somethin' lol

butt of course the real winner here is IQ

• Locked thread