Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

business hammocks posted:

I thought people called her dread abuela because it showed how utterly out of touch and un-savvy (and racist) she was to try and brand herself that way.

I coined the loving term as a portmanteau of Dread Queen and Abuela as a moderately tongue in cheek term of endearment. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

botany posted:

a tweet so nice, he made it twice.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/901190479798312961

"Just arrived at Camp David, where I am monitoring the path and doings of Hurricane Harvey (as it strengthens to a Class 3). 125 MPH winds!"

Why would you end a disaster announcement with an exclamation point!
Oh poo poo some of you are going to drown! -The president.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

PhazonLink posted:

Also reminder Donnie thinks Clinton used bleach on emails and some poor intern probably has a gallon of bleach, gloves, and a brush.

bleaching a hard disk would be a stupid dumb person way to erase a server but it'd definitely work.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

KickerOfMice posted:

this is some exciting tv!!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

KickerOfMice posted:

Watch him talk up how his administration had the fastest winds at the post-apocalypse press conference.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Aug 26th has always been Women's Equality day, since it's the anniversary of ratifying through 19th amendment. Most presidents recognize it well in advance, Trump was in danger of being the first one not to in a long rear end time.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

KickerOfMice posted:

Oh poo poo some of you are going to drown! -The president.

I mean, look at the size of that hurricane! Holy mackerel! Someone should do something about it!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mantis42 posted:

Trump is basically a stock King villain to begin with.

Oh God, you're right. He's the non-supernatural villain minus the desire to light fired and masturbate.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Yeah he's gonna gently caress it up. Sorry blue-voting Texans.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Your Taint posted:

That is the most early 90s thing ever.

check, and raise

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

RuanGacho posted:

It's kind of amazing how right from the get-go it was obvious Trump would only take credit for successes and blame congress for literally anything that doesn't meet his campaign speeches. Yet they still lined up for it.

How do they imagine this ends? I don't think they know.

I think they assumed there would be a lot more successes, because he just wanted to play around in the White House with his big trucks and fire engines and stuff, and would sign whatever they sent him. If they got lots done it wouldn't matter too much if Easy D got all pissy (in his diapers) when the occasional thing went wrong.

But because they had previously assumed all they were going to have to do was obstruct Hilary Clinton, they didn't actually have any plans in place for real, substantive policies. And because, in turn, Ryan and McTurtle are themselves stunningly incompetent at everything except hucksterism, there was no way to get their poo poo together in time to do anything useful.

Basically it's incompetent dipshits all the way down, and they're all cowards held hostage by a rabidly insane segment of their base, so there's no way out.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

boner confessor posted:

check, and raise

The NES came out in the 80s :colbert:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
You think the state gov is going to have the balls to tell Donnie not to tour down there after the storm?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

botany posted:

a tweet so nice, he made it twice.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/901190479798312961

"Just arrived at Camp David, where I am monitoring the path and doings of Hurricane Harvey (as it strengthens to a Class 3). 125 MPH winds!"

Nothing says "lead from the front" like flying north to watch something in the south.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Your Taint posted:

I remember 4th grade me loving the dancing cat.

that's mc kat to you

on the rap so mic it

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Office Pig posted:

https://twitter.com/LuchsLikeRain/status/900936322386350080?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Crossposting to credit the kindly goon who typed out the entire thread and to remind everyone that your boss is your mortal loving enemy.

Doesn't Texas also have some of the worst labor laws in the union? I look forward to people like the Corpus Christi mayor (who still hasn't ordered a mandatory evacuation last I heard) saying poo poo like "Well its THEIR fault for not leaving!" (ignores financial ability to leave).

gently caress its Katrina all over again. Our stupid country hasn't learned a god drat thing and people will die as a result. :(

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

seiferguy posted:

Yeah, but RBI Baseball 3 came out in '91. :colbert:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/NWStornado/status/901189431067107329

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Doesn't Texas also have some of the worst labor laws in the union? I look forward to people like the Corpus Christi mayor (who still hasn't ordered a mandatory evacuation last I heard) saying poo poo like "Well its THEIR fault for not leaving!" (ignores financial ability to leave).

gently caress its Katrina all over again. Our stupid country hasn't learned a god drat thing and people will die as a result. :(

last time they blamed it on black people
this time they'll just blame it on the poor

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Solaris 2.0 posted:

gently caress its Katrina all over again.

Nah, I have full faith in Trump to somehow gently caress things up even more than Bush did with Katrina.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Solaris 2.0 posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...m=.d1416a75318f

quote:

City officials in Corpus Christi insisted they’re ready for the worst.

“Game on,” said Mayor Joe McComb at a news conference. “We’re looking forward to having a very good positive result from this storm. We’ll get through this, we’ll be better for it because the community has been pulling together.”

But many people here are nervous. In Aransas Pass, 66-year-old Mike Taylor said he was left behind during the evacuation process. As part of routine hurricane preparations, the town maintains a list of residents who need help evacuating. Taylor, who doesn’t own a car and lives with his disabled 40-year-old son, said he thought he was on the list.

No one ever came for him.

“I thought I had been on the list, but no one came so now I am just out trying to find some groceries,” said Taylor, who was trudging down Route 35 in a yellow raincoat, even though all the grocery and convenience stores appeared closed. “I lost my driver’s license because I am nearly blind.”

Taylor declined an offer of help and said he was resigned to ride out the storm in his one-story house just a few blocks from the water.

gently caress

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

AriadneThread posted:

last time they blamed it on black people
this time they'll just blame it on the poor

You mean looters?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

seiferguy posted:

and The Legend of Zelda was made 1 year after Nintendo was founded.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

boner confessor posted:

check, and raise

Nah, I still think mine wins. The early 90s had no shortage of cheesy crap like that. The "trying desperately to be 'hip hop' cool" poo poo in particular.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

AlternateNu posted:

Yeah, but RBI Baseball 3 came out in '91. :colbert:

rbi baseball is gay?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

What is Congress' approval rating? 19%? Less? People always hate Congress. Even people who love their own Rep and Senators, hate Congress because everyone else's Reps and Senators are bad. This just seem like a natural extension of that feeling.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

PhazonLink posted:

and The Legend of Zelda was made 1 year after Nintendo was founded.

After the NES was founded. There's a difference.

Nintendo has been around since 1889 and they were,I think, a producer of playing cards.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

are we sure that this whole thing isn't just a really, really convincing advertisement for GeoStorm (coming October 20th)?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

You mean looters?

Only if they're black. If they're white, they'll just be people who find things.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Push El Burrito posted:

The best music video was Paula Abdul's Cold Hearted because it made me feel funny when I saw it as a kid.

Surely it was Swim by Fishbone.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Mustached Demon posted:

You mean looters?

white people aren't looters, they're finders.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Xae posted:

The only thing more fake than professional wrestling is celebrity drama.

To be fair Kayne is literally a crazy person so the degree to which he can hold to his corporate narrative is always in question. Taylor Swift though yeah, her active persona was made in a loving lab by a team of culture scientists.

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

farraday posted:

... credibility ... MTV music awards.
:lol:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Ice Phisherman posted:

High ground if they can find any. Odds are they won't. Feral hogs and other wildlife not accustomed to shitloads of rain will die and push back into the area over the years.

The fireants will do okay though. They form giant platforms made of ants and use one another to float. So they'll be everywhere after this like usual, don't you worry.

Oh, right, I forgot the stinging ant boats made of stinging ants.

God bless Texas.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Your Taint posted:

Nintendo has been around since 1889 and they were,I think, a producer of playing cards.

This was tweeted out.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170823233250/https://www.gop.gov/legend-zelda-american-tax-code-common/

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Your Taint posted:

*wooooooosh*

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

botany posted:

white people aren't looters, they're finders.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to respond to this. He's bummed he got left behind in the evacuation, but then refused an offer of help? That doesn't make any sense.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Deteriorata posted:

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to respond to this. He's bummed he got left behind in the evacuation, but then refused an offer of help? That doesn't make any sense.

You don't know the circumstances. He has a disabled son. Maybe he's just hoping it won't be so bad because if it is he and his son are hosed anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

seiferguy posted:

Aug 26th has always been Women's Equality day, since it's the anniversary of ratifying through 19th amendment. Most presidents recognize it well in advance, Trump was in danger of being the first one not to in a long rear end time.

The last president to not acknowledge the anniversary of the Nineteenth Amendment was Taft.

• Locked thread