Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

hottubrhymemachine posted:

Can I just say that I'm having some health problems at the moment that mean I haven't been able to do much for a while but watching the presentation PiP while reading this thread has been amazing. It was worse than I think really any of us expected. Lol

I'm sorry about your health problems but I am glad you enjoyed this moment in video game failure history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

what a shitbag

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

quote:

Have you worked on a large project at a major corporation before? Have you ever seen the timetables on major construction projects?

This is SOP for a project manager.

This was a reply in reference to how it's loving ridiculous that they continually put out 'best case possible' timetables and achievables and made up gantt charts.

Apparently every PM always assumes the best and then when things go wrong will continue to assume the best, with absolutely no lead times or flex or slack or anything but perfection assumption.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

neonbregna posted:

What if the webcam is on my swollen nuts with a face drawn on them?

To be honest, it would probably work just as well. It's kind of a neat technology, but the implementation sucked. The characters looked like muppets.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Erenthal posted:

if you want a vision of the future, imagine two idrii noclipping into each other at 8 fps forever

time to rub now?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

"We choose our partners better now"

Isn't every previous CIG partner out of business or close to it?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"and I can say that because Mad Catz is gone now"

can't wait for "and I can say that because Sandi is gone now" as RSI is reduced to crumbling ashes, the rioting Shitizens having smashed Chris' dreams to dust

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
i still cannot believe that chris had the huge bullsized balls to announce a rsi-branded webcam for what is sure to be no less than 149.99 when you just showed the burning caravan that was the gamescom demo

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Erenthal posted:

if you want a vision of the future, imagine two idrii noclipping into each other at 8 fps forever

))<>((

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Even the morale threads on reddit are full of filthy wrongthink

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6w1bmf/getting_in_front_of_any_criticism_of_todays_demo/

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Natron posted:

To be honest, it would probably work just as well. It's kind of a neat technology, but the implementation sucked. The characters looked like muppets.

How often are you going to be face to face with another player? Less than 1% of the time? And most of that with a helmet on. It's the wrong game to put it in. It is a total waste of development resources, server resources and client bandwidth. It would be really fun in some sort of face to face social game.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Derek: I'm going to put Chris Roberts in jail!

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

kilus aof posted:

How often are you going to be face to face with another player? Less than 1% of the time? And most of that with a helmet on. It's the wrong game to put it in. It is a total waste of development resources, server resources and client bandwidth. It would be really fun in some sort of face to face social game.

Or for making some really weird machinima.

Ser Davos Seaworth as "the Tickler"

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

kilus aof posted:

It's A Thing in a bunch of social VR games so I bet croberts saw an article for one and said "poo poo we have to have that"

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
The last thing I need is my gurning grimacing gargoyle like face being replicated in a game

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I think my favorite part was us rooting for the game to crash, yet realizing deep down inside we really didn't want to watch that part a 3rd time.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

It's A Thing in a bunch of social VR games so I bet croberts saw an article for one and said "poo poo we have to have that"

"How can we do this VR thing but revolutionise it by making it impossible to do, but only impossibe in VR? - I bet no one has thought of THAT before!"

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
A citizen told me they currently have planets in game that take a week to fly around

I think I watched the wrong stream

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I cannot wait for the HBO Miniseries about how badly the development of this game bombs

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
I'm fascinated to learn what this RSI Webcam will cost. Faceware's website is still down, but in looking at cached pages it appears they only sell very high end products - as in, the cheapest hardware is a desktop GoPro setup for $2,000.

now presumably the webcam will be using much cheaper parts than a typical GoPro and will be priced accordingly, but still, I think this thing could be $200+

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Man of many anuses, post.

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

I was at a wedding today so i missed the gamescom presentation; anyone mind summarising wtf happened? I don't think i can slog through 3,000 posts.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Latin Pheonix posted:

I was at a wedding today so i missed the gamescom presentation; anyone mind summarising wtf happened? I don't think i can slog through 3,000 posts.

It was really good

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Latin Pheonix posted:

The game crashed and then a ramp destroyed the first space transsexual

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Latin Pheonix posted:

I don't even think its possible to summarize all the LOLs that happened.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Latin Pheonix posted:

Picture the 2016 presentation but with more FIDELITY, some facial capture technology for gamerz and exponential higher levels of jank

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

IrvingWashington posted:

The game crashed and then a ramp destroyed the first space transsexual

Holy poo poo how can this be an accurate statement?
But here we are.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Latin Pheonix posted:

derek smart was right

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Like seriously, think of the most janky piece of poo poo you can imagine and elevated by 100. You'll still fall short

it cannot be explained, only experienced

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

ben lesnick's mass will shield crobblers from the fallout, all according to plan :thunk:

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

The cultists are waking up https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6w22z5/opinions_on_the_stream/?st=J6SHYBOS&sh=401f4349

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Latin Pheonix posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBQyksGkGKA

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Golli posted:

Or for making some really weird machinima.

Yeah the believers i was watching were all talking about how this would be so great for their youtube roleplay videos

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

peter gabriel posted:

Holy poo poo how can this be an accurate statement?
But here we are.

This makes me feel so much better about integrating with multiple janky uk gov web services. I've still never seen any CIG devs on the train around Manchester though; I'm worried they never get to go home :ohdear:

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
I just wonder who roped Faceware into this stinking abbatoir of failures since they at least seems to be a competent company making actual working software

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
*paaaaaaaaaarp*

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Erenthal posted:

I just wonder who roped Faceware into this stinking abbatoir of failures since they at least seems to be a competent company making actual working software

I'd sell CIG a licence, why not. If even they can integrate your stuff succssfly that's a pretty good advert

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

WarpDogs posted:

I'm fascinated to learn what this RSI Webcam will cost. Faceware's website is still down, but in looking at cached pages it appears they only sell very high end products - as in, the cheapest hardware is a desktop GoPro setup for $2,000.

now presumably the webcam will be using much cheaper parts than a typical GoPro and will be priced accordingly, but still, I think this thing could be $200+

The PS4 camera has two cameras pushing (at minimum) 720p60 and four microphones for 40 pounds. I cannot speak to how much extra a high resolution glass lens adds on though, because up to now cameras have used pretty low resolution glass.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Calling $199 for the camera right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

1985, a good year