Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Sara
Claire
Sharon
Crow
Olivert
View Results

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
She is the Gary Coleman of trails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Cryohazard posted:

How old is Towa supposed to be, anyway? Is she just really tiny?

18, year older than most of the group. Yeah, she is just short.

Edit: though it means she at 21 and Rean at 20 are teachers in 3. Trails has a serious problem with updating education system to the post-industrial age, what with primary education also being from Sunday School

OddObserver fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Aug 19, 2017

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Rean as a teacher is pretty out there, but tiny sensei's whole character was basically doing the work of a dozen people, often including teachers, on her own nonchalantly.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

With no sleep.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cryohazard posted:

Towa is a japanese name (well, kind of, there's some towns in japan named that and like two japanese musicians named that) so I always figured the reason for her being so comparatively short is her being partly fantasy-asian in a world of fantasy-europeans. that's literally just a thing i made up based on nothing, though, there's no implication of her having any foreign ancestry. why am i posting about this.

But yeah, she's the same age as the other third years, she's just short. Even outside of my ~headcanons~ plenty of people are just randomly short.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
respect shorties

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

list of good rpgs with shorties:

trails of cold steel
fate/extra
tales of xillia

list of bad rpgs without shorties:

mass effect andromeda

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Endorph posted:

Towa is a japanese name (well, kind of, there's some towns in japan named that and like two japanese musicians named that) so I always figured the reason for her being so comparatively short is her being partly fantasy-asian in a world of fantasy-europeans. that's literally just a thing i made up based on nothing, though, there's no implication of her having any foreign ancestry. why am i posting about this.

But yeah, she's the same age as the other third years, she's just short. Even outside of my ~headcanons~ plenty of people are just randomly short.

It's been a while but IIRC in the festival one of her events has her mention specific that Towa is an unusual name for her to have and that some of her family are actually foreign.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Cryohazard posted:

Rean comments on this when they first meet in Chapter 1. She's a very small 18.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Man they really made boss S-Crafts way more powerful in this huh? C's is basically an instant kill to everyone but Alisa and Angelica (if she's buffed).

Had to burn him down after a lucky faint before he could use it, sheesh.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Aug 20, 2017

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Not just boss S-crafts...everybody's S-crafts got buffed in the Cold Steel series, to the point where spamming them is considered a viable strategy especially against HP-sponge bosses.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

It's been a while but IIRC in the festival one of her events has her mention specific that Towa is an unusual name for her to have and that some of her family are actually foreign.

i cant believe i was actually right. i own. feed me more power.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Justin_Brett posted:

Man they really made boss S-Crafts way more powerful in this huh? C's is basically an instant kill to everyone but Alisa and Angelica (if she's buffed).

Had to burn him down after a lucky faint before he could use it, sheesh.

Angelica's got a 45% chance to faint that enemy, so that's pretty much your best strategy outside of Chrono Burst/Moebius cheese.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Aug 20, 2017

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Just randomly discovered the way you get Zemurian Ore in this game. Amazing.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Well, you get it in 3 ways. (4 in New Game+) Collecting books, collecting "sets", paying attention in the final dungeon and collecting insane amounts of U-materials.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Speaking of the final dungeon this guy's gimmick really sucks.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Uh I'm guessing this wasn't supposed to happen? (Chapter 5 spoilers)

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
LOL, no it wasn't.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/899712834195513344

So hoping more for October than December.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Is it just supposed to just end like that, no credits or bonus movie like FC had?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

There should be credits, at least. but lol yup

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Tae posted:

https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/899712834195513344

So hoping more for October than December.

Durante explicitly ruled out a release before December since there were "still only 80 workdays in his week" and he still had support for CS1 to worry about. It's great that S and V will now be voiced. I really, really hope that NG+ sidequest in the epilogue will be voiced too. I know it's a sidequest, but yeegads is it plot-relevant.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Instructor Thomas wants me to keep an eye out for Unique dishes. Since the maid Lotte wants me to keep an eye out for Superb dishes, does that mean Thomas wants BAD dishes?

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Aug 22, 2017

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Instructor Thomas wants me to keep an eye out for Unique dishes. Since the made Lotte wants me to keep an eye out for Superb dishes, does that mean Thomas wants BAD dishes?

Yes. He wants bad dishes.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Instructor Thomas wants me to keep an eye out for Unique dishes. Since the maid Lotte wants me to keep an eye out for Superb dishes, does that mean Thomas wants BAD dishes?

I thought he asked for Peculiar dishes? Either way, yeah, he wants the ones the worst cook makes.

Some of which are actually pretty awesome.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Some Numbers posted:

I thought he asked for Peculiar dishes? Either way, yeah, he wants the ones the worst cook makes.

Some of which are actually pretty awesome.

Yes, that was it. As should be obvious from my question, I didn't quite understand what he was asking for. My initial impression was that he wanted exotic dishes from the different regions. It was only the maid asking for the best dishes which made me think Thomas might have been asking for the opposite.

Not that it matters much since after talking to nearly everyone through Day 1 of Celdic, I know two recipes and can only make one.

I've noticed certain enemies like Acerbic Tomatrios have their information in red. Does that mean they are rare enemies, or they only appear in groups of different enemies, or is there something else special about them? (Like if they have the hollow stars of their Unbalance vulnerabilities in red, does that mean something?)

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Aug 22, 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I've noticed certain enemies like Acerbic Tomatrios have their information in red. Does that mean they are rare enemies, or they only appear in groups of different enemies, or is there something else special about them? (Like if they have the hollow stars of their Unbalance vulnerabilities in red, does that mean something?)

Red info shows up thanks to the Information quartz. It won't actually be recorded in your notebook until you analyze the enemy in question(or kill them enough).

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Yeah, the information quartz allows you to view enemies' complete profiles and vulnerabilities, but it'll show up in read (meaning it won't be recorded) until you analyze them or until the stuff unlocks manually.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Whats the proper way on defeating the 3 gargoyle devil beam things on hard? I managed to beat it and felt I got pretty lucky. Whittled the first one down to low life using 3 of the super arts in the beginning. I hobbled my way through the fight expending a whole bunch of revive/recovery items which I haven't been forced to until now. Ended up with at least one teammate dead majority of the fight and having Fie dodges many hits which would've ended the game if they hit.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

poe meater posted:

Whats the proper way on defeating the 3 gargoyle devil beam things on hard? I managed to beat it and felt I got pretty lucky. Whittled the first one down to low life using 3 of the super arts in the beginning. I hobbled my way through the fight expending a whole bunch of revive/recovery items which I haven't been forced to until now. Ended up with at least one teammate dead majority of the fight and having Fie dodges many hits which would've ended the game if they hit.

Move Rean so that he hits two of them with his line delay attack. Spam said attack while the rest of your team kills the 3rd, then find a way to ensure that Rean has enough CP to last him the whole fight.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Trailer for the third game is up for japan and it spoils the poo poo out of the second (and first) games. So probably shouldn't take a look at it til you beat cold steel 2.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Happy International Women's Day...

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
That's an image which is both hilarious and terrible at the same time.

Playing on hard, I've now had two TPK's to Zwordars in Chapter 2. I guess the lesson I'm supposed to learn is "Holy gently caress delay the poo poo out of them or you will die".

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

That's an image which is both hilarious and terrible at the same time.

Playing on hard, I've now had two TPK's to Zwordars in Chapter 2. I guess the lesson I'm supposed to learn is "Holy gently caress delay the poo poo out of them or you will die".

Not so funny that it happened to me, huh?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

This is not going to apply for months when CS 2 comes out, but don't rely on triple advantage all day. They change how field attacks work, and it's much much worse and slower.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Tae posted:

This is not going to apply for months when CS 2 comes out, but don't rely on triple advantage all day. They change how field attacks work, and it's much much worse and slower.

you can't spell "field attacks" without Fie

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Some Numbers posted:

Not so funny that it happened to me, huh?

No, that's still funny.

Fighting them without Rean in the party is certainly interesting, though. Lots of healing and use of Impede crafts and Speed Down.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

in cs2 all you do is hit multiple times instead of once and you can circle around them just as well as in cs1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Just use ranged attackers/run away until they turn their backs :confused:

• Locked thread