Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

MMF Freeway posted:

Yeah its super good. Probably like 50c

I'd potentially go higher than that, even. It's a shame that it's cold damage and not a more generic affix, if it was crit multi or crit chance I would probably drop 5ex or more on it for my wander.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
And Ice Shot/Tornado Shot raider. That is frankly crazy good, and although I don't know how to price anything over 1ex, that is definitely it.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Bring back the original chatty scion.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

nevermind im retarded

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Bugsy posted:

Bring back the original chatty scion.

Ciaphas posted:

nevermind im retarded
thats what she said!!!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

rude

Any other uniques a crit GC miner sabo would be happy to have, or is everything else down to rare investment? I'm using Tremor Rod, Essence Worm (Hatred), Belt of the Deceiver (90% sure I want to replace this), and Kaom's Roots (will replace if I'm not satisfied with Flame Dash or Lightning Warp)

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Biscos, ventors, goldwrym, those iiq gloves, perandus blazon.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

McFrugal posted:

There really should be a Faster Cooldowns Support.

There's The Flow Untethered belt, which gives 15-20% cooldown recovery.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008

dead in real life posted:

Could really use some help here. All of these stats are relevant for Frost Blades, or no? I tried to price-check this jewel I found (even using lower threshholds of 10/5/5/10) didn't find anything:

Carrion Run
Viridian Jewel
14% increased cold damage
5% increased attack speed
6% increased maximum life
11% increased projectile damage

Is that like a gg FB jewel, or am I way off? Have no idea how to price it.

That's a really nice jewel for a lot of builds but projectile damage is not something frost blade looks to scale. It's one of the fastest clearspeed builds with mediocre single target so most people go for increasing the melee damage part not projectile.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

McFrugal posted:

There really should be a Faster Cooldowns Support.

I'm pretty sure GGG has acknowledged this point when they first released Trap Cooldown Support and their philosophy is that if there's never any reason to not link this with Blink Arrow/Flame Dash then there's no reason to put it in the game since it just creates mandatory links for no real benefit.

Also yeah that jewel is ridiculously good for Ice Shot and possibly some cold-based ST/Nuro's Harp builds. It's incredibly good for Frost Blades too in that no one can ever expect to run life + 3 optimal damage property jewels, but it's not a "perfect 4 prop" jewel.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

I almost vendored this. I wasn't expecting Tower to drop something that insane.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Got put into Global 1 by accident today.

It is a magical place.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I stoppes caring about metabuilds and fi ally started off my first character doing my own build.

So far so good.

meat on a Friday
Dec 9, 2010

I found a The Baron helmet, and apparently they go for aound ~150c. Why are they so expensive?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

meat on a Friday posted:

I found a The Baron helmet, and apparently they go for aound ~150c. Why are they so expensive?

they make most minions extremely strong

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

meat on a Friday posted:

they're decently rare and BIS for summoners who typically just throw money around in general

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
I don't understand what's going on with these prophecies. I've cashed in a few coins, and gotten a lot of rare drops off the mini-bosses on the quests, but is that all there is to it? You do prophecies just to occasionally fight better monsters with better loot?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
One way or another that's what most of them do. Some modify crafting or strongboxes or zones, but being reductive they almost all come down to that.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Doing things to get better loot is basically the entire game, why are you confused about this

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

there are some prophecies that are just pointless though

if you know one is bad you can just seal it

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

I just got to T9/T10 maps! I had things to do!

It's still very good!

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I 6L'ed a nice shavs, and want to use it for something. Maybe low life essence drain. Occultist or Trickster better for that now? Trickster gets the charges, but I am not sure how I would maintain them on bosses. Occultist seems like a stronger match with going high ES.

Scags
Nov 12, 2005
I didn't ever apply to join the guild because I only play every 3-4 days. Is it still busy enough that I'd get kicked for inactivity or are things quieter now?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So I'm leaning between lacerate and bladeflurry. Lacerates aoe looks insane but bladeflurrys single target looks insane. And then there's darkpact still looming as a decision. Anyone who's ran BF or lacerate wanna weigh in?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'm playing a Gladiator Blade Flurry and it's the most fun I've had in the game so far, watching entire mobs explode with bleed never gets old and the single target DPS is good.

Also If you want to go elemental blade flurry there is some insane DPS you can get at some point

J
Jun 10, 2001

Bob NewSCART posted:

So I'm leaning between lacerate and bladeflurry. Lacerates aoe looks insane but bladeflurrys single target looks insane. And then there's darkpact still looming as a decision. Anyone who's ran BF or lacerate wanna weigh in?

I think the answer will depend on what you want the character to do best. Going by what I've seen from other people playing those builds, I think dark pact will have the best clear speed, blade flurry will be the best at killing bosses, and lacerate will be somewhere in between both of them in both regards. A cool upside to dark pact is that you won't have to care about physical or elemental reflect maps.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

just watched someone playing for awhile on the xbox version. looting looks loving horrible and i think you are stuck with the default loot filter. otherwise it looks pretty smooth.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Dennis McClaren posted:

I don't understand what's going on with these prophecies. I've cashed in a few coins, and gotten a lot of rare drops off the mini-bosses on the quests, but is that all there is to it? You do prophecies just to occasionally fight better monsters with better loot?

You get a lot of bad ones, a lot of decent ones, and a few really really good ones. The good ones include one that makes your next jeweler's orb create a six link automatically, one that replaces every pack of monsters in a map with a strongbox, and one that gives the Hinekora's Sight unique amulet.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
Well those are actually very impressive. Awesome good to know.

I wanted to use this skill https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Anger on my Chieftain build. Right now, my mana pool isn't that great and this is just way too expensive to use.
Is there anyway to get Anger to hold less than the 50% mana, make it more affordable to use?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Filthy Monkey posted:

I 6L'ed a nice shavs, and want to use it for something. Maybe low life essence drain. Occultist or Trickster better for that now? Trickster gets the charges, but I am not sure how I would maintain them on bosses. Occultist seems like a stronger match with going high ES.

Now vaal it.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Dennis McClaren posted:

Well those are actually very impressive. Awesome good to know.

I wanted to use this skill https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Anger on my Chieftain build. Right now, my mana pool isn't that great and this is just way too expensive to use.
Is there anyway to get Anger to hold less than the 50% mana, make it more affordable to use?

Use Herald of Ice/Thunder/Ash instead.

There are some nodes on the skill tree that do this, as well as the unique helmet Alpha's Howl, but they're much more of a late game thing.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
To add to what gonadic said, Anger and Herald of Ash have two different uses for how they get you extra fire damage. Anger adds flat damage to attacks and spells. If you're doing lots of quick hits (example: Blade Flurry), this would be the optimal choice. Herald of Ash adds a percentage of physical damage as fire, which is more suitable if you're doing very few but very powerful hits (example: Earthquake). There may be other reasons why to pick one over the other, but most likely it'll be that distinction.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
This game has some wild latency right now, and I never used to have any issues. It spikes every couple of seconds from 50, which is where it is when it's normal and for other games, but spikes to a couple of hundred so often it's basically unplayable.

I've looked at the official forums and a lot of people have a similar problem but there doesn't seem to be a fix. Anyone else having this issue or know a fix?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Awesome! posted:

just watched someone playing for awhile on the xbox version. looting looks loving horrible and i think you are stuck with the default loot filter. otherwise it looks pretty smooth.

No lootfilter indeed. It's not *that* horrible to loot though. Stand on top of loot, use right stick to move cursor between items. Takes a bit getting used to but not as bad as it could be. Now, basically playing SSF though, that's what'll really keep me from playing it.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

gonadic io posted:

Use Herald of Ice/Thunder/Ash instead.

There are some nodes on the skill tree that do this, as well as the unique helmet Alpha's Howl, but they're much more of a late game thing.

Heralds don't work with Chieftains. It's not an aura.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Zenithe posted:

This game has some wild latency right now, and I never used to have any issues. It spikes every couple of seconds from 50, which is where it is when it's normal and for other games, but spikes to a couple of hundred so often it's basically unplayable.

I've looked at the official forums and a lot of people have a similar problem but there doesn't seem to be a fix. Anyone else having this issue or know a fix?

Try a different gateway. A friend was having issues in some instances on Amsterdam, switched to London and everything seems fine.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

McFrugal posted:

Heralds don't work with Chieftains. It's not an aura.

Totem damage is based on your damage, so the part of a herald that increases your damage increases the damage of totems. They don't get the part that causes a specific effect when killing an enemy afflicted by their status, that part only applies to you.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

..btt posted:

Try a different gateway. A friend was having issues in some instances on Amsterdam, switched to London and everything seems fine.

If I don't use Australia gateway I'm boned anyway so :shrug:

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Belly of the Beast dropped for my SSF Tornado Shot ranger, and it feels pretty nice improvement overall even if the armour counts as half with Acrobatics. Once I get my resistances sorted out again after the chest armor switch, I'll be ele capped, 30+% chaos res, closing at 5k HP and even should be able to throw fusings at Vorici for five-link on the chest for some extra oomph on the Shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
edit: never mind