Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Shitbirds of a feather flock together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Hey God if you're real can you up the scale of Harvey by about 50x so we can just end all this fuckin poo poo already tia

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

hey guys :member: when 2016 was the Worst Year Ever?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Who wants to be Trump picked this moment to pardon Arpaio because he knew it would be buried by coverage of Harvey.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

lol

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

psydude posted:

Who wants to be Trump picked this moment to pardon Arpaio because he knew it would be buried by coverage of Harvey.

Trumps not smart enough to think that, this was one of his cronys that told him it was a good time to sign it.

Hopefully someone picks up the good headline once the worst is over "While ignoring Texans in trouble Trump pardons sheriff who committed human rights abuses"

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

:siren: GORKA RESIGNED :siren:

https://twitter.com/adegrandpre/status/901236628915703808

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

M_Gargantua posted:

Trumps not smart enough to think that, this was one of his cronys that told him it was a good time to sign it.

Hopefully someone picks up the good headline once the worst is over "While ignoring Texans in trouble Trump pardons sheriff who committed human rights abuses"

Now doesn't this mean that anyone suing the department can now call Joe to the stand and force his testimony since he's no longer given 5th amendment protections? And now he can be forced to testify against pretty much the entire department?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Lmao.

I look forwarding to another farther right movement arising to throw out these RINOs because this "populist" movement wasn't true enough because the tea party wasn't true enough because the old school Republican Party wasn't true enough

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

FastestGunAlive posted:

Lmao.

I look forwarding to another farther right movement arising to throw out these RINOs because this "populist" movement wasn't true enough because the tea party wasn't true enough because the old school Republican Party wasn't true enough

Its RINOs all the way down.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

shyduck posted:

:siren: GORKA RESIGNED :siren:

I thought the source was kinda thin, but CNN is backing it up with their own reporting.

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/901239170378719233

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Nystral posted:

Now doesn't this mean that anyone suing the department can now call Joe to the stand and force his testimony since he's no longer given 5th amendment protections? And now he can be forced to testify against pretty much the entire department?

I mean, he just got pardoned out of a federal contempt charge, so why not ignore the court again?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Holy poo poo the clown show is out in full force. Resignations, pardons, policies that are going to get thrown out in court cases.. Guess a Friday night landfalling Cat 4 is something they think will cover up their bullshit.

Trump is going to get loving bar-b-qued Monday morning and thats before anyone really gets a grasp on how big a poo poo show the response to Harvey is going to be.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
This will be the scandal that gets an impeachment I repeat to myself for the 999th time this year.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
trump gonna do a lot of dumb poo poo while he has a possible national disaster covering for him lmao

whoda thunk it?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

trump gonna do a lot of dumb poo poo while he has a possible national disaster covering for him lmao

whoda thunk it?

Everyone.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Infrastructure week means tearing down all the old infrastructure in Texas

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Why Trump Can't Pardon Arpaio

Well now that article's title didn't age well. I know the world is operating in Trump Time so things are warped and crazy but how long ago was this written? Two months, three?

"By MARTIN H. REDISHAUG. Aug.24, 2017"

Welp.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

god drat trump is such a loving bitch boy waiting until a literal goddamn hurricane hits to try and squeak this through.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
They're giving Gorka the same "you didn't quit, you were fired" deal that they gave all of the advisory boards.

https://twitter.com/JesseRodriguez/status/901249016687710208

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/901249785323286528

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

i can't believe how goddamn bad the optics on pardoning a shitbag like arpaio is when he had nothing of note to say to a state about to get flattened

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Our president isn't a manbaby bitch and defnintely fired this dude we swear

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/225620165138726912

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

cool gently caress gorka

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
countdown to sheriff joe getting a spot on trump's cabinet, or maybe not anything official but something like an "advisory role" or some poo poo

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

countdown to sheriff joe getting a spot on trump's cabinet, or maybe not anything official but something like an "advisory role" or some poo poo

I doubt it with the purge going on trying to distance the administration from nazis. Trump probably wants him but it won't happen

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Two Finger posted:

i can't believe how goddamn bad the optics on pardoning a shitbag like arpaio is when he had nothing of note to say to a state about to get flattened

If you're a tough on crime conservative or just hate foreigners, the optics of pardoning Arpaio aren't bad at all. This isn't going to turn anyone against him who didn't already hate him.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Brietbsrt commentator

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Dead Reckoning posted:

If you're a tough on crime conservative or just hate foreigners, the optics of pardoning Arpaio aren't bad at all. This isn't going to turn anyone against him who didn't already hate him.

You're probably not wrong.But I more mean the timing, when one of the states is about to be underwater, is just beyond belief. Especially combined with that clip posted earlier of him going 'good luck everyone, good luck'

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
What else are they going to try to sweep under the hurricane shaped rug this weekend?

Mueller and Russia? Maybe a blow-up on the Keebler Klansman again? Who else collects their axe this weekend?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Well there are a lot of conservatives in Texas so his response to what happens there could change things up quite a bit.

lol what am i saying, this is 2017 and no one with power will give a flying gently caress, trump 2020 hail gay satan

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Well there are a lot of conservatives in Texas so his response to what happens there could change things up quite a bit.

lol what am i saying, this is 2017 and no one with power will give a flying gently caress, trump 2020 hail gay satan

whatever happens now will be forgotten in a few weeks, and the people in texas who get hosed over will blame the democrats for some reason. trump will say he is trying to get them help but obstructionist democrats won't let him or some poo poo.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

whatever happens now will be forgotten in a few weeks, and the people in texas who get hosed over will blame the democrats for some reason. trump will say he is trying to get them help but obstructionist democrats won't let him or some poo poo.

But they can't ignore their physical reality and must now change heir mind the pundits will continue to insist as they shrink

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

livestream from TX coast, GBS hurricane thread is p. good too

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1OyKAroWmkoGb?q=hurricane

if you're interested in watching a man die via livestream, this is the place to do it. a key line from the coverage: "The buildings in front of me have disintegrated."

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Obamas weak policies weakened the federal ability to respond to natural disasters.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

if you're interested in watching a man die via livestream, this is the place to do it. a key line from the coverage: "The buildings in front of me have disintegrated."

I think its here now: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1zqKVRbYXWWKB

Also, I think this is from Gorka:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

yeah this is the correct link, my bad. forgot periscope links to the broadcasts, not to a channel

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

ded posted:

Obamas weak policies weakened the federal ability to respond to natural disasters.

and seven months isn't enough time to fix anything

now watch this drive...

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

I mean it's always the Democrat's fault, no matter what. Look how many people criticize Obama for his failure with the Hurricane Katrina response. The exact same thing will happen here. Job numbers and the economy under Trump are 100% the result of his hard work and Art Of The Deal-ing but when Texas gets rear end hosed by a Hurricane it will be about how terrible Obama was with FEMA and how he left Trump a failed organization with no leadership that couldn't respond appropriately.

No, it will not matter to them that Trump hasn't appointed that leadership and it's the Republicans who scream day in and day out about starve-the-beast politics. In the minds of Trump voters it will be entirely the Democrat's fault. That's just the reality we operate in now, where about a third of the country isn't in anything connected to that reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Texas already has the Lt. Gov blaming all the bad things in Texas on cities which are conveniently Democrat controlled and of course people are eating that poo poo up so dont think for a second this people will have some come to Jesus moment about politics while theyre drowning.

• Locked thread