Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I have never understood why people think suprise parties are a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Surprise parties are as dumb as shitheels who use the word 'adult' as a verb and I'm sure there's a correlation there.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I got thrown a surprise party once. It was a surprise brunch and, oddly enough, I didn't really take to suddenly having to entertain a bunch of my friends without being able to mentally prepare for it before I'd even had my coffee yet. I have not had any surprise parties since then.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

loquacius posted:

Speaking as a 30-year-old, 30 feels really loving old when you're 29

i'm 29 and don't give a poo poo

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I'll be 30 in September. I can't wait.

I'm gonna go from the oldest twenty-something to the youngest thirty-something.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
One thing I learned with the years is that you can always lie about your age, to others - to yourself, it's not difficult at all!

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah, I remember when I could still get it up.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Who celebrates birthdays anymore? Just be a normal adult, like me, yeah i eat rear end, and get drunk at 10am and stare at your facebook hoping your notification count will break double digits this year.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Who celebrates birthdays anymore? Just be a normal adult, like me, yeah i eat rear end, and get drunk at 10am and stare at your facebook hoping your notification count will break double digits this year.

But do you really eat rear end?

Asking for a friend.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

LingcodKilla posted:

But do you really eat rear end?

Asking for a friend.

yeah.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Having my parents show up on my birthday is probably the last thing I'd want to happen for a surprise.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Irradiation posted:

Having my parents show up on my birthday is probably the last thing I'd want to happen for a surprise.

Yeah, the only surprise involving my parents I'd want for my birthday is hearing they died suddenly

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
komodowagon is that you?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
at first i was gonna be like "lol you guys have bad parents" but then I realized that you were effort posting in the AC thread and was all "lol those parents have a bad kid"

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
the last time anyone "surprised" me for my birthday it was my mother in some dumb chain restaurant having the waiters sing to me when I was eight. I hid under the table and had a panic attack because I am a huge :spergin: and goddammit I'm 36 now and that poo poo still terrifies me on some primal monkey level

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Nooner posted:

at first i was gonna be like "lol you guys have bad parents" but then I realized that you were effort posting in the AC thread and was all "lol those parents have a bad kid"

I don't want my parents to show up for my birthday because I just wanna get high, play video games, and maybe get a BJ when I get older. That makes for awkward parental visits.

I do like seeing them any other time tho.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

TheKennedys posted:

the last time anyone "surprised" me for my birthday it was my mother in some dumb chain restaurant having the waiters sing to me when I was eight. I hid under the table and had a panic attack because I am a huge :spergin: and goddammit I'm 36 now and that poo poo still terrifies me on some primal monkey level

Those situations are terrible for everyone involved and gently caress anyone who makes servers do that.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

limp_cheese posted:

Those situations are terrible for everyone involved and gently caress anyone who makes servers do that.

:yeah:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Theophany posted:

Surprise parties are as dumb as shitheels who use the word 'adult' as a verb and I'm sure there's a correlation there.

My friend's (now ex) girlfriend threw me a big surprise party once. She even got friends from out of town to fly in and rented out my usual bar and everything. I never make a big deal out of my birthdays, but it was probably my favorite one. Can't remember which one it was though. I think I turned 33 maybe? My 37th is coming up and I kinda want to do something big again because making it a decade after 27 is a pretty remarkable feat for me.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

RFC2324 posted:

maybe get a BJ when I get older.

How old are you now that getting a BJ is something to do when you're older??

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

yeah I eat rear end posted:

yeah i eat rear end, and get drunk at 10am

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I think lottogoon's approach to life is what's busted here.Volunteering for three days a week at what I'm guessing is a very easy position screams "No ambition." I know plenty of people with sufficient financial freedom to not work (mostly family wealth) and the dividing line between normal and perpetual child is whether or not they're working. It doesn't need to be a 40 hour a week slog, but it needs to show one wants to better themselves.

Lottogoon, wasting your winnings is the trap. Spending wastefully is the most obvious way into the trap, but idling forever is just as bad even more sad because you don't have the fuzzy memory of blowing 100k on a week-long cocaine binge in Vegas.

Holy poo poo gently caress you. He should be commended for giving his time to the community, not railed. Most with the means have no desire to give back.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

A Strange Aeon posted:

Some sort of weird age because once you get married it's something you remember happening to you when you where younger.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You got a lovely spouse if they stopped sucking dick.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Just throwing a huge blanket statement good job
also thumping jungle music

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

You got a lovely spouse if they stopped sucking dick.

Stopped would imply they ever did.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

LingcodKilla posted:

Stopped would imply they ever did.

dude are you just every redpill comic ever

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Sjs00 posted:

dude are you just every redpill comic ever

Dicksucking is the only measure of a relationship gotcha.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well.....yeah. Both partners being willing to perform as much oral sex as possible is second only to both partners being bale to make awesome breakfasts.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

So if he/she makes awesome breakfast, lunch, dinner and baked goods but can't suck the chrome off a trailer hitch then bounce em to the curb?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yes. May as well just marry a restaurant then.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yes. May as well just marry a restaurant then.

Good point. She can't make a martini to save her life.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

A Strange Aeon posted:

almost 40, so lingcodkilla is pretty close to correct.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Being good at sex is an irreplaceable quality in most partners, simply because most partners aren't ok with you outsourcing that particular need. Food and drinks you can buy from professionals, you can have friends to scratch you nerd hobby itches or go to the events your partner doesn't care about, and so on.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
My wife is rarely in the same country as me on my birthday. That's my story.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Being good at sex is an irreplaceable quality in most partners, simply because most partners aren't ok with you outsourcing that particular need. Food and drinks you can buy from professionals, you can have friends to scratch you nerd hobby itches or go to the events your partner doesn't care about, and so on.

Come on this is basic: never go long term with someone who can't cook or won't learn. Twenty years down the road when you've got a mortgage/kids/forty cats etc together you aren't going to be that bothered about loving your brains out every night, but you'll be eating their cooking till you die.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

My confession is that I'm probably the youngest person in the thread.

My other confession is that most of the 30 and 40 yo's I know are dorks

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I've got news for you, they were dorks in their 20's.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

SciFiDownBeat posted:

You're the one posting on a dead, gay, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

You give less of a poo poo about being a dork when you're older. In some ways anyway, I play less JRPGs now but I tell more lovely jokes v:v:v

Speaking of dorks I don't know what this is

quote:

In the konasuba thread I tell everyone that my favorite character is Megumin due to her explosions. But the truth is my favorite character is Wiz the Lich who runs the magic shop.

Wiz manages to keep not turning into a skeleton while being an undead wizard and as a person who has aspirations to be a undead skeleton wizard one day I wish to learn how to mantain my flesh parts since it appears she doesnt murder people to replensish her flesh.

or just imagine the GRASS TELL ME YOUR SECRETS image macro but the man is right over a skeleton with the text SKELETON WIZARD TELL ME YOUR SECRETS

If that means something to you, I hope you enjoy it

Otherwise, I have more content now so I can say "that one didn't count" and post 3

quote:

My PS4 stopped working last night and I cried about it for a good 2 hours. I'm 36 years old.

:rip:

quote:

I'm an alcoholic and have been since I was 17 or 18. I'm 32 now. I'm sensing this confession becUae I'm currently at the lowest point of my life. My wife just kicked me out of the house and I'm sitting in the parking lot of the mall, leeching their wifi and trying to find a cheap hotel nearby.
I have started drinking again for the first time in several years.

I married my wife and she already had a daughter; my wife was a teen mom and faced a lot of challenges. My stepdaughter is 15 now and amazing, just a really great kid especially considering how tough her upbringing must have been. My wife too, she touched it out and graduated college and became an HR rep for a Fortine 500 company.

She could do
Much better than me and I always feared that a si gel fuckup would cause her to dump me. And, that's what happened.

I jerk off about once a day, human nature and something I got used to during my college days. I met my wife 6 years ago and still kept up hacking off, never had an issue with sex though and always got her off.

Today I got off work early and came home to an empty house. So I jacked off. Unfortunately my step daughter came home early, unknown to me, and walked in on me Jacking off. I was in the living room. My step daughter freaked out, understandably.

My wife was furious. This was the 4th time I've been caught Masturbsting. Twice before by her sister, to the point my wife thought it was a fetishe for me. This wasn't the case and still isn't.

Ok first off, I don't think this is bad enough that it's completely unsalvageable. Go make things right with that poor woman.

Second off, if you've been caught jerking off repeatedly maybe don't do it in the living room.

I dunno what getting caught jerking off has to do with being an alcoholic anyway

loquacius fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Aug 26, 2017