Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Alright, got it. It was the Sheep Rustler quest, which I thought I'd competed because the monsters were gone, but apparently they don't spawn until you talk to the quest giver in this particular quest only. Every other quest that involved monster slaying had the monsters already present, so that kind of threw me off.

In other news: Master Mode has exactly one (1) instance of each kind of red/regular enemy just kind of chilling somewhere in the world so you can photograph it for the compendium. I've found the lizalfos and moblin; does anyone know where the bokoblin is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

That's not entirely true; I remember monsters on Hateno Beach or whatever had a camp that was empty until you activated that quest.

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

That's not entirely true; I remember monsters on Hateno Beach or whatever had a camp that was empty until you activated that quest.

Pretty sure that's the quest he's talking about.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Spergatory posted:

Alright, got it. It was the Sheep Rustler quest, which I thought I'd competed because the monsters were gone, but apparently they don't spawn until you talk to the quest giver in this particular quest only. Every other quest that involved monster slaying had the monsters already present, so that kind of threw me off.

In other news: Master Mode has exactly one (1) instance of each kind of red/regular enemy just kind of chilling somewhere in the world so you can photograph it for the compendium. I've found the lizalfos and moblin; does anyone know where the bokoblin is?

I'm pretty sure it's just to the south of the plateau because I remember thinking it was a bugged spawn.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Spergatory posted:

So far I've only seen the red hinox, as part of that shrine that requires you to murder the three hinox kin. Red one is youngest.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Today was a good day to Zelda

Stormed a huge rear end maze out in the ocean, got the diamond circlet and traveller rune which activates a pant making GBS threads surprise

Then I bought a house and tricked it out

Now I'm helping this lad start a village out in the middle of nowhere

Goron City is next on the agenda

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Jigsaw posted:

Pretty sure that's the quest he's talking about.

Maybe I'm confusing that one with the one south of Lake Hylia then. I didn't remember sheep being mentioned in the beach one.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I've been wearing the korok mask almost exclusively since the DLC dropped, it hasn't signaled I'm near one for a while, and I still am missing 218 :stare: This game.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Couple of things that have me stuck:

To max out the Ancient Armor, I need star fragments - is there a regular way to get them to spawn or do you just have to wander around at night and hope you see a shooting star?

Second - what is the max defense you can have? I think the highest I have with my current sets of armor is 80 (some combo of Champion Tunic, Diamond Circlet and random 4* pants).

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 25, 2017

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Sab0921 posted:

To max out the Ancient Armor, I need star fragments - is there a regular way to get them to spawn or do you just have to wander around at night and hope you see a shooting star?

Second - what is the max defense you can have? I think the highest I have with my current sets of armor is 80 (some combo of Champion Tunic, Diamond Circlet and random 3* pants).

Go to the top of a mountain, make a camp fire, wait until night, look around, repeat.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Not sure of numbers, but for highest defense:

Head - Diamond Circlet or Soldier Helm or Ancient Soldier Helm
Body - Champion's Tunic
Legs - Soldier Pants or Ancient Soldier Pants

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nephzinho posted:

Go to the top of a mountain, make a camp fire, wait until night, look around, repeat.

This. Just make sure you get to it before dawn as they disappear then. Just mark them and warp to the closest shrine.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mega64 posted:

Body - Champion's Tunic

Huh, the champion's tunic is high defense? I never upgraded it or even really used it since it wasn't part of a set.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

The Bloop posted:

Huh, the champion's tunic is high defense? I never upgraded it or even really used it since it wasn't part of a set.

Yeah - it's the highest defense tunic in the game. You'll need a bunch of dragon horns from each dragon to upgrade.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Champion's Tunic has the highest defense in the game in addition to the "show enemy health" thing.

Set bonuses are usually better though since you can dodge/eat to recover anyway, so it's better to use less stamina climbing or swimming or to creep around at night dressed like a green weirdo more quickly.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Is there any kind of overview or tips on how to use the amiibos? Is it one per session for the supplies? Is it worth using each one you have every time you turn the game on? I haven't encountered any kind of vault yet, so I'm assuming any gear that comes from them is either going to go to the inventory or on the ground.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

^burtle posted:

Is there any kind of overview or tips on how to use the amiibos? Is it one per session for the supplies? Is it worth using each one you have every time you turn the game on? I haven't encountered any kind of vault yet, so I'm assuming any gear that comes from them is either going to go to the inventory or on the ground.

One use per real-world calendar day. You'll get random ingredients from anything and chests from Zelda-related amiibo. Some very powerful items in there, especially early in the game. The Twilight Bow in particular is so good it's game breaking and I would actually recommend avoiding it until the late-game/post-game korok hunt.

Also I hear that you can only spawn Epona once, so if you use the Smash Link amiibo, do it by a stable so you can register her right away.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Can you revive Epona from the horse god if she's killed?

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

The Bloop posted:

Also I hear that you can only spawn Epona once, so if you use the Smash Link amiibo, do it by a stable so you can register her right away.

You can get another Epona if you wind up having her despawn unregistered, it will just take a very long time.

And yes , you can ressurect a dead registered Epona.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

SeANMcBAY posted:

This. Just make sure you get to it before dawn as they disappear then. Just mark them and warp to the closest shrine.
If you think you won't manage to reach it before dawn, you can light another fire and wait for the next night. According to this video, the star fragment will not disappear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNC4ejkmuQA

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
You can also get star fragments by killing silver/golden Lynel. I wound up with around 30 by the endgame purely from beast-slaying. :black101:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Nephzinho posted:

The 100% way is:

Go to Dueling Peaks (or another high place with a good view of a flat area without too much mud/water/malice fragments might land in).

Build a fire, sit by it till evening.

Save, quit out of game, reopen game.

Gaze meditatively over plain (try and make sure the bridge isn't in your field of view; I lost a fragment in the lake that way).

You should get a star fall sometime that night. Mark it, teleport to the nearest shrine/tower, glide/run like hell.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Spergatory posted:

You can also get star fragments by killing silver/golden Lynel. I wound up with around 30 by the endgame purely from beast-slaying. :black101:

I got one from killing a silver Lynel, but that's it. I've killed a bunch of them. No DLC so no gold lynels

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Spergatory posted:

Wait what? I've killed dozens of them and don't remember one ever dropping. I've gotten fragments at night way more since the dlc, though.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Spergatory posted:

I've killed many many many lynels when I was trying to farm good bows, and I never got any star fragments (or if I did I got like 1)

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I'd love some tips for killing lynels in master mode. They're the only enemy I still struggle with in the whole game.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Sab0921 posted:

Shooting stars ONLY happen at the full moon. In the Dueling Peaks Stable there is a guy you can talk to who will tell you the phase of the moon for that night. You can sit at the stable's cooking fire until night time, talk to him to figure out the phase of the moon, and if it's not a full moon that night, sit at the fire again to the next night, and so on.

The phases of the moon are:
Full Moon
Smaller than full
Three Quarter Moon
26th Day Moon
New Moon
Crescent Moon
7th Day Moon
13th Day Moon.

Remember that a blood moon can block the cycle.

So once you figure out what the cycle is, go to a high point and light a campfire and sit until night. Once you get to the night of the full moon, keep an eye out towards the horizon with plenty of sky showing. Between 11pm and 3am (iirc) on the night of a full moon there will be a shooting star. Watch it go all the way down (zoom in on it) and mark on your map where it lands. At that point, start trekking towards the star fragment. It's a good idea to look towards an area that doesn't have a lot of mountains so you don't have to climb over them to get to the fragment. Also be aware that once you get close to the fragment, it will start rolling downhill if it's on a slope.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm pretty sure that's not true. When I was farming them for the Wild set, I was getting one drop every night.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'm pretty sure that's not true. When I was farming them for the Wild set, I was getting one drop every night.

Agreed. When I needed Star Fragments, the only thing I needed was a few bundles of wood, a decent view of the sky over a land area such as from the top of Dueling Peaks, and the willingness to watch the screen up to seven (real) minutes or so each game night for a star to fall. Got one almost every night.

maltesh fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Aug 26, 2017

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Mega64 posted:

Body - Champion's Tunic

This combo will get you 88 defense. I use this a lot.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I think the shooting stars are guaranteed on full moon nights, but by no means limited to them. This was at release though.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I grinded mine after the first DLC pack.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Tonight I decided I was going to kill my first Lynel. I had run in to one in the snow area near the labyrinth so I figured I’d take him on first. I had a fairy and Mipha’s grace and several 16 heart meals. I fought the poo poo out of that thing and after probably 15 minuets I barely scraped by and killed it, after burning through every item in my inventory that could give me hearts, the fairy and Mipha’s grace.

And then I looked it up and apparently that’s a Silver Lynel?

I feel pretty proud of myself that I survived the fight if that’s the case.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Like other monsters, lynels also change colors and get stronger as you progress through the plot. You've got the basic red ones, stronger blue ones, still-stronger black ones, and the strongest ones in normal difficulty are silver.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Does the ability to permastun from well timed face arrows still work? Because it was kind of disappointing but also good for farming.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

To be fair, though, that one does start out White-Maned, which is the second-to-highest tier in Normal Mode.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Linear Zoetrope posted:

I think the shooting stars are guaranteed on full moon nights, but by no means limited to them. This was at release though.

Ah, right, thanks

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Bongo Bill posted:

Like other monsters, lynels also change colors and get stronger as you progress through the plot. You've got the basic red ones, stronger blue ones, still-stronger black ones, and the strongest ones in normal difficulty are silver.

I was so scared of them after the first one killed me that I decided to avoid them until I was stronger. I finished all the Divine Beasts... and now they are all silver. :shepicide:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Just completed Tarrey Town and holy poo poo the music

Game good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Is the Lynel on the Great Plateau the only significant "this wasn't here before" thing in master mode apart from the flying platforms?