Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Jerry Cotton posted:

No that actually makes it a lot worse.

have i told you lately i appreciate your posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

sweeperbravo posted:

have i told you lately i appreciate your posts

I don't know; have you had brain problems lately?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

I don't know; have you had brain problems lately?

i am drunk; the point is, thank you for getting my joke. :)

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The devices you can put on a frying pan to ensure that eggs don't splay out far and wide are called Egg Rings, and are common-as-poo poo items and not the "I saw them once, somewhere, can't remember where, and rue the fact that I didn't buy them" rare jewels I figured they must be.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

MisterBibs posted:

The devices you can put on a frying pan to ensure that eggs don't splay out far and wide are called Egg Rings, and are common-as-poo poo items and not the "I saw them once, somewhere, can't remember where, and rue the fact that I didn't buy them" rare jewels I figured they must be.

:psyduck:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

That's pretty much what I did when I found out. I've literally only seen them once and never since, and chalked it up to them being some stupid as-seen-on-tv gag gift. (I was being facetious about the Rare Jewel bit)

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 03:31 on Aug 26, 2017

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MisterBibs posted:

Fun fact! You can use metal cookie cutters for the same thing! Gingerbread man shaped eggs for the kids on Xmas morning!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

You can also make them for free by cutting the bottom off your tuna can after you use it.

Walla!

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

you can also use onions

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

poly and open-minded posted:

you can also use onions

You have to cut them just right to make sure they fit inside the egg ring, though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The lifest hack: just buy a small frying pan. Or a pancake pan if you think you might be frying more than one egg:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

The lifest hack: just buy a small frying pan. Or a pancake pan if you think you might be frying more than one egg:

Cooking eggs in a pan is a sucker's game. Microwave them in a coffee mug like the rest of the people in the 21st century.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Cook the chicken first then all the eggs will come out cooked, loving iditios.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Cook the chicken first then all the eggs will come out cooked, loving iditios.

I want to see a cooked egg gently caress some iditios.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Solice Kirsk posted:

Fun fact! You can use metal cookie cutters for the same thing! Gingerbread man shaped eggs for the kids on Xmas morning!

Just make sure to spray them with cooking oil first otherwise they'll stick

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Mixing paint is nothing like adjusting RGB values in photoshop and if you go at it only having digital experience you're going to have a bad time. This is something I've learned only recently :(

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
Today, at the age of 31, I finally figured out how to properly fold a fitted sheet by myself. I had always been using the method taught to me by my late great Single Dad, and they always ended up looking like a lumpy pile of elasticized poo poo. Today after flailing around with one for several minutes like some moron from black-and-white infomercial land, I finally thought there must be a better way!

I am equal parts proud and ashamed of myself.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

genetic_knockout posted:

Today, at the age of 31, I finally figured out how to properly fold a fitted sheet by myself. I had always been using the method taught to me by my late great Single Dad, and they always ended up looking like a lumpy pile of elasticized poo poo. Today after flailing around with one for several minutes like some moron from black-and-white infomercial land, I finally thought there must be a better way!

reach in and find the corner method? what was your poor old dad doing all the while

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Baronjutter posted:

Mixing paint is nothing like adjusting RGB values in photoshop and if you go at it only having digital experience you're going to have a bad time. This is something I've learned only recently :(

Oh no. Ohhhhhh nooooooo.
There is a program called ArtRage that simulates real world art materials. It hosed me up because I was still thinking Photoshop rules.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Solice Kirsk posted:

lol if you don't make your kids eat the rest of the carrot they left out for Rudolph for breakfast on Christmas morning.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

genetic_knockout posted:

Teach me your ways. I just kind of roll them into a tube and it feels wrong somehow.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to have a dad that plays video games, mine thinks it's a foolish waste of time. Which, okay, I can't really argue with

I probably have one of the oldest video game-playing dads, and he only ever plays first-person shooters, only ever plays on PC, only ever plays the singleplayer campaigns, and has zero interest in any sort of gaming culture.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Sucrose posted:

and has zero interest in any sort of gaming culture.

A smart dad

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Phlegmish posted:

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to have a dad that plays video games, mine thinks it's a foolish waste of time. Which, okay, I can't really argue with

My dad is in his mid-60's, and he used to be exactly like that when I was growing up, but then he discovered World of Tanks and now plays a match or two every night. He really likes tanks.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sucrose posted:

I probably have one of the oldest video game-playing dads, and he only ever plays first-person shooters, only ever plays on PC, only ever plays the singleplayer campaigns, and has zero interest in any sort of gaming culture.

My dad had an Atari 2600 (sorry I can't be sure about the model number) since he was a kid.

And on the other hand he threw my brother and mine's SNES down the stairs saying NINTEND-NO because we were up in the hallway beating the hell out of each other about who got next on metroid or zelda or some poo poo.

SNES held up well.

He could play those old atari controllers with his feet and whip me and my brother and cousins at Pole Position.

And he grew to love PS1 Ridge Racer

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

syscall girl posted:

SNES held up well.

Yeah if there wasn't a pit of molten lava at the bottom of those stairs there's no way that thing would be affected. Nintendo consoles (at least up to the Gamecube) are solid as hell.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
My gamecube was solid as poo poo. Still works today.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Up to and including the Gamecube I meant. I don't know how well the Wii/U takes punishment and the Switch seems fairly fragile

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Sucrose posted:

sounds kinda like your dad just likes killing folks

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

ladron posted:

sounds kinda like your dad just likes killing folks

Who doesn't?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
The French name all of their dogs with names that start with the same letter. The letter changes every year. They go through the alphabet in order but they leave out q, x, y and z.

If they don't do this they're not allowed to register their dog with the local government.

What the gently caress, France.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Memento posted:

The French name all of their dogs with names that start with the same letter. The letter changes every year. They go through the alphabet in order but they leave out q, x, y and z.

If they don't do this they're not allowed to register their dog with the local government.

What the gently caress, France.

From what I can tell from not very clear googling, that's something restricted to wankery by breeders and people who register purebreed dogs with the most prominent kennel society, the Société Centrale Canine or SCC. If you're just registering a mutt to show they've had their shots and everything then you don't have to adhere to it, but people do for fun.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

Huh? You open the can of base, put it under the nozzle, go on the RGB tab, enter the RGB values, base type, and can size, press GO and wait :confused:

e: Didn't school wherever you live not have art classes? (Or DEPICTING SKILL as we children of the steppe call it.) Or does it have classes but no budget for actual paint :(

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 13:52 on Aug 29, 2017

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Jerry Cotton posted:

Huh? You open the can of base, put it under the nozzle, go on the RGB tab, enter the RGB values, base type, and can size, press GO and wait :confused:

e: Didn't school wherever you live not have art classes? (Or DEPICTING SKILL as we children of the steppe call it.) Or does it have classes but no budget for actual paint :(

He's talking about school, and mixing paints that way. Not working at home depot.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Up to and including the Gamecube I meant. I don't know how well the Wii/U takes punishment and the Switch seems fairly fragile

The Switch develops a bend just from being in its own dock.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Teach me your ways. I just kind of roll them into a tube and it feels wrong somehow.

Lol!! Basically what sweeperbravo said. Disregard the elastic, and find the little peaks in each corner. Line those up like you would do with a normal flat sheet, and fold away! Make sure the elastic parts stay tucked in somewhat and aren't spilling out the sides. Still a little lumpy, but an actual rectangle!

My Dad used to make me help him, and we would.....like tuck one of the corners into the other, which resulted in kind of a curved long tube shape, and then fold that in on itself. I don't even know.

Today my lesson is that it is difficult to describe how to fold a fitted sheet.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Aphrodite posted:

The Switch develops a bend just from being in its own dock.

I hear some docks even prefer switches with right kind of bend.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

ishikabibble posted:

From what I can tell from not very clear googling, that's something restricted to wankery by breeders and people who register purebreed dogs with the most prominent kennel society, the Société Centrale Canine or SCC. If you're just registering a mutt to show they've had their shots and everything then you don't have to adhere to it, but people do for fun.

the breeder that bred our dog did that in the states too

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

genetic_knockout posted:

Lol!! Basically what sweeperbravo said. Disregard the elastic, and find the little peaks in each corner. Line those up like you would do with a normal flat sheet, and fold away! Make sure the elastic parts stay tucked in somewhat and aren't spilling out the sides. Still a little lumpy, but an actual rectangle!

Why does it matter if it's a rectangle or not? It's in the loving closet when it's folded away and I don't think they use fitted sheets in any army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Jerry Cotton posted:

Why does it matter if it's a rectangle or not? It's in the loving closet when it's folded away and I don't think they use fitted sheets in any army.

Need to fold your fitted sheets in a hurry? Dump them on the floor and sleep on the sheets on the floor like an animal