Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

smellmycheese posted:

Just compare the Shitizens fidelitous dreams of finally getting to be Han Solo in their chariots with the mission we saw - the very worst kind of basic as gently caress WOW 1.0 fetch quest

Thinking about it, through my intense pounding headache, SCs fidelity vision could have worked as single player co-op. Roberts could have everything scripted, there'd be structure to the gameplay, you could join up with your space chums and have jolly good larks. Definitely doable. Just have the multiplayer be the Battlefront esque shooter that we've seen all week. Dump the MMO part entirely.

There you go Mr Roberts, I just solved your crippling development hell problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/169790592?t=26m58s

:gary: :yarg:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

alf_pogs posted:

imagine havin this on your resume

this thing is going to end like jonestown
'Here's uhm... your cup of err... poison'
'Heh... I wish it were poison. Oh, it its! Thanks, Chris. Cheers!'

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Woke up this morning and my face and jaw actually hurt from laughing so hard for 3.5 hours last night. Being on this board with y'all and watching/reacting to this presentation as it unfolded live makes this in the top 3 best video game experiences I have ever had in the last 23 year of being in this biz.

Major props to our mod Beet Wagon as his were the last words I can remember being uttered before we all plunged over the edge into the abyss that was the Star Citizen live stream (QFM) "Guys, please don't do anything inappropriate in the forum, the thread is starting to pick up speed!!!!AAAIIIEEEEEE!!!" or some sort of squealing/pleading for a last moment of calm before the madness

I will definitely need a few days to refill the tank after that blowout. When's CitizenCon?

Mne nravitsya fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Aug 26, 2017

ModernSociety
Jul 12, 2017

Holy crap, you've all been busy.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

loving the mail order bride guy

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

smellmycheese posted:

loving the mail order bride guy

This is just hosed, after that trainwreck of a presentation...

Yeah.. but like.. will it work with my glasses?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Will someone make a YouTube highlight clip of all the comedy or will CIG make a copyright claim if that happens?

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Will someone make a YouTube highlight clip of all the comedy or will CIG make a copyright claim if that happens?

Someone posted this Greatest Hits compilation earlier upthread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azZ0WqhM_ps

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

BeigeJacket posted:

Watch from 3 minutes in. Miles Eckhart is there for one player, but not for the other. Fidelity

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

smellmycheese posted:

Watch from 3 minutes in. Miles Eckhart is there for one player, but not for the other. Fidelity

Its because CIG had to build a company from the ground. Duh-uh

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
All I can think of after that embarrassing showing is this:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

BeigeJacket posted:

If you watch at 3:10 the stereo image is the wrong way round.
Left and right channels are swapped, so when the character walks off to the left, her audio moves off to the right.

e: 3m10s

"So if you notice there, so it's... it... so the... the... the voice is fully DIAGETIC"

SomethingJones fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Aug 26, 2017

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
It's hard to pick a favourite part of that glorious dumpster fire but I really enjoy the advert that was still images aka jpegs

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Here's something Croberts could possibly do well in...

http://www.egremontcrabfair.com/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
also thanks to the stream I now know CRoberts thinks the Idris should be pronounced EYE-dris, thanks stream for the fidelity

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BeigeJacket posted:

My favourite moment has to be when the thingy blew up, they failed the, by then, hours long mission and didn't mention it at all.

In retrospect it's so obviously clear that Roberts wants to make Immersion Simulator 20xx rather than a normal space game. Or any regular game.

All the nonsense and tchotkes - mobiglasses, live video chat, shady fellows in bars, etc etc didn't really matter a spit when the sweaty, panicky intern speed-ran through the replay. If he was the least bit self-aware he'd have designed SC to be a sandbox where players make their own fun. These games can be entertaining in their own right. But he wants to micro-manage everything to ensure players are having the right sort of fun.
Chris Roberts is the world's worst dungeon master

No Mods No Masters posted:

It seems as if, so to say, derek smart was right

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Berious posted:

It's hard to pick a favourite part of that glorious dumpster fire but I really enjoy the advert that was still images aka jpegs

I'm enjoying the collage of jank. Like, in this video, there's this bizarre wobbling int the animations, and then it takes like 10 seconds for the guy to figure out how to get into the seat...

https://clips.twitch.tv/SwissCovertWerewolfYee

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I could tell how funny the presentation was today, by looking at how many empty bottles and cans of drink I'd had. :D

My head is pounding.

One of the funniest things I remember, was Dereks impecably timed and very loud "GUYS..! GUYS..! GUYS..! TESTING..!" over voice and the resulting laughter and goons mimicking megaphone announcement sounds in repsonse. :)

It was a good night, not so much for CR though.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lando is live. How will he shill his way out of this debacle?

Nov 24, 2014

Hav posted:

Have a scripted railgun shot to sweeten the deal;

https://clips.twitch.tv/FriendlyFamousSaladLitty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpOGxzMuYVc&t=105s

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Did they really try to justify the delay yesterday by saying they had a watch that was an hour off? They only noticed that on day 3?

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Sabreseven posted:

I could tell how funny the presentation was today, by looking at how many empty bottles and cans of drink I'd had. :D

My head is pounding.
My throat is hurting from all the laughs last night.
Also, apparently I opened a bottle of the best wine I've had in the house and drank lots of it.

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
So how was the presentation? Late? Useless? Did it have audio issues?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lando is now going to explain why what we saw last night was actually good for Star Citizen

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Kellanved posted:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Here again we have the wobble wobble animation jank, and one of my favorite momes, the random cut to that freaking preposterous face. The audience literally sounds like a laugh track in a pgabz video.

https://clips.twitch.tv/FuriousSassyArtichokeFunRun

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Foo Diddley posted:

"We choose our partners better now"

Isn't every previous CIG partner out of business or close to it?

We choose better partners now because we literally can't choose previous partners that don't exist anymore

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:smug:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Summary of today's Twitch stream so far

1. Ship sales, buy them now before the prices go up
2. Trading cards
3. Damage control
4. Damage control

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Sabreseven posted:

My head is pounding.

One of the funniest things I remember, was Dereks impecably timed and very loud "GUYS..! GUYS..! GUYS..! TESTING..!" over voice and the resulting laughter and goons mimicking megaphone announcement sounds in repsonse. :)

It was a good night, not so much for CR though.

I'm so pissed my corp VPN blocked the Discord VOIP port. But then again, I needed full focus to capture those fail clips.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

SomethingJones posted:

Summary of today's Twitch stream so far

1. Ship sales, buy them now before the prices go up
2. Trading cards
3. Damage control
4. Damage control

and now - why GurningTech is going to be amazing

smellmycheese fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Aug 26, 2017

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Take a break every two or three minutes because everything is so broken you won't be able to take it all in.

Why did no one talk chris out of doing this poo poo seriously? did they not rehearse anything?! why just...WHY?!

Coke logic

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I'm not saying buying another webcam is a BAD idea, just that our camera is specially adapted *wink*

How about them features?!

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Lando - "So what else, what else went on?"

(silence)

(blank stares)

"Quantum travel, quantum travel was cool""

Lando - "OK so lets move on"

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Kellanved posted:

Let's put it this way: it did not have audio issues, and it wasn't useless… as such…

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ewe2 posted:

I'm not saying buying another webcam is a BAD idea, just that our camera is specially adapted *wink*

How about them features?!

well standard-issue webcams just don't pack that extra oomph of cringe

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Someone mentioned earlier about having a pang of empathy for CR and SG. I feel pity because this whole thing is such an insecure, desperate Hollywood status thing; and they must both be absolutely miserable.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

PC Gamer shilling this fuckin' thing in this state after everything just disgusts me, holy hell. What a loving mess

They literally said December for 3.0 in the past day or two.

No year is mentioned goonie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Someone mentioned earlier about having a pang of empathy for CR and SG. I feel pity because this whole thing is such an insecure, desperate Hollywood status thing; and they must both be absolutely miserable.

nah