Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

tumblr hype man posted:

IIRC credit card fraud protection is better, you have longer to contest charges and of course the money hasn't actually left your DDA account if someone falsely uses your credit card.

Yeah, I've been lucky on that one. I've had to replace two cards recently for fraud, but didn't lose any money because the fraud alert finally correctly predicted fraud instead of a dozen false positives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
My brother had fraud on his debit card and it took months to get paid back. Most credit cards will fix it instantly. I put almost everything on my Delta Amex but that is because it helps me earn my status with Delta. I do carry a boatload of cards though because I have a credit card and keycard for work, three personal credit cards, my ATM card and two theme park annual passes. I try to keep other ones in my car but those I need on my person. I used to keep more in there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but the countries that use debit all the time also have better protections and fraud handling on them.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Pretend I posted pictures of a couple hundred dollars worth of PDF RPG sourcebooks that I will read but likely never play.

I used my credit card for the purchase, to stay on topic.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Subjunctive posted:

Pretend I posted pictures of a couple hundred dollars worth of PDF RPG sourcebooks that I will read but likely never play.

I used my credit card for the purchase, to stay on topic.

Ok but what underwear are you wearing?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The Ferret King posted:

Ok but what underwear are you wearing?

I'm buying RPG books by the dozen, of course they're stained tighty-whiteys.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I wear Hanes tagless boxer briefs. They're dirt cheap and even though the fabric over and around the elastic is starting to erode it does a pretty good job of covering my nutter butters.

Hold on lemme find my camera I'll show you...

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Speaking of RPGs, I just picked up the PDF for Starfinder. It was all the rage at Gencon. Never played Pathfinder but this is pretty intriguing.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I too am reading Starfinder! Has been solid, I expect game to be solid since it already has good bones.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

mfcrocker posted:

I do this but mainly because credit cards give me a fuckload of cashback for using them and debit cards don't :shrug:

Yeah, it's like an ounce of free weed/fancy Japanese fishing rod twice a year.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jerry Cotton posted:

Mostly spending money you own instead of money you don't own is probably somehow communism.

I think those might be illegal here? Nah they just don't exist for some other reason :shrug:

Also, "A 2010 public policy study conducted by the Federal Reserve concluded cash back reward programs result in a monetary transfer from low-income to high-income households. Eliminating cash back reward programs would reduce merchant fees which would in turn reduce consumer prices because retail is such a competitive environment."

Yeah, exactly!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Picked up the 8th edition Chaos Codex for 40k. Haven't played since...4th?

All the new rules are a colossal improvement imo. Might dust off the old box of berserkers.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
You bought loving what for 40k?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

a warhammer

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Does it vibrate or something?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
That was a joke line way back in Warcraft 3.

"This Warhammer cost me forty k! Heh."

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Signed up for a kettlebell class so I can be less fat while also not breaking my spine. Yelp reviews are good, the instructors are RKC certified and I don't detect any Crossfit bullshit on their site so it sounds good.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

but how are you going to get crossfit ?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

Signed up for a kettlebell class so I can be less fat

This is really good.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Mu Zeta posted:

Signed up for a kettlebell class so I can be less fat while also not breaking my spine. Yelp reviews are good, the instructors are RKC certified and I don't detect any Crossfit bullshit on their site so it sounds good.

Hell yeah! I've been doing a minimalist kettlebell routine from Strongfirst (newer org started by the RKC guy) and it is completely changing how I feel and move. It's amazing and if you stick with it the rewards are going to be huge.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I do 200 kettlebell swings every morning to supplement my triathlon training and it's incredible the difference it makes. Super recommend.

And gently caress Turkish get ups.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Bottom Liner posted:

I do 200 kettlebell swings every morning to supplement my triathlon training and it's incredible the difference it makes. Super recommend.

I'm doing Simple & Sinister. The main part is Swings + TGUs. It's crazy how throughly worked over yet strong you feel after doing just those two.

TGUs, making fat goons realize how hard it is to stand up for over 500 years!

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

I do a similar movement with a 10lb medicine ball during rests when I lift as a cardio acceleration, and it will definitely kick your rear end.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Kettlebells almost feel like cheating. It's by FAR the least effort for the most return I've ever seen in any fitness activity.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
What's so good about kettle bells vs dumbbells or whatever?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought Starfinder and some new work shoes but now I want to hear about kettle bells.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

prom candy posted:

With dedication they will all make you strong and healthier in similar varying ways. I picked kettlebells because I think they're the most enjoyable. They're straightforward and minimalist and when it comes to training I like to go with simplicity first and build from there. Maybe I have a cannonball fetish?

Bottom Liner posted:

Kettlebells almost feel like cheating. It's by FAR the least effort for the most return I've ever seen in any fitness activity.

Also this

Kilometers Davis has a new favorite as of 04:42 on Aug 25, 2017

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

prom candy posted:

Very simple motions that use your entire body compared to focusing specific muscle groups like traditional weights. You can still do that with kettlebells, but the very basic exercise (swings) is so effective that you can do just that and get a ton of results. It's a full body workout including cardio if you do a lot of reps in one go. I do 4x50 two hand swings and I feel it from my feet to my neck. Not better or worse than dumbbell and barbells, just different and arguably easier for many people that just want a general fitness boost or some supplemental strength training that uses a good range of motion. It's also easier to stick to the habit if it feels faster and easier to knock out each day instead of spending an hour in the gym. Adding in more advanced things like Turkish get ups can turn it into a serious strength program.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I bought three tape decks for cheap, and the plan is to sell off two to finance owning the third.

The Marantz recorder is just posing for publicity.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

prom candy posted:

At the end of the day they are just another form of weight resistance. It's good to have variety and I don't think it's necessarily better than just using dumbbells. In fact there's a lot of overlap in the workouts you can do.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Mu Zeta posted:

At the end of the day they are just another form of weight resistance. It's good to have variety and I don't think it's necessarily better than just using dumbbells. In fact there's a lot of overlap in the workouts you can do.

More fun and feels badass sending a cannonball over your head. (American swings)

colas
Feb 14, 2007

They're really different than dumbbells.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
"... Belle... "

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

I bought Dead or Alive 5 Last Round for my PS4 recently. Not because I want to study physics or anything.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
A new year of commander decks for Magic: the Gathering were just released. This year the theme is tribal (which rules) and one of the decks is Dragons which just sends my mind off to "I swing for a million damage and all these abilities go off" land.

Of course, like any decent Magic player I hate money so I'll spend a bunch of it on redoing the mana base and swapping in some different dragons, spells, artifacts, and you know what I should just go ahead and sell a kidney...

I can't wait to play it against my friends!

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

I need a recommendation for a silly groomsmen gift. I already got something nice for them. To give an idea, I would have bought them the worlds largest gummy worm, but the amazon reviews show them melting in transit a lot.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Red Baron posted:

A new year of commander decks for Magic: the Gathering were just released. This year the theme is tribal (which rules) and one of the decks is Dragons which just sends my mind off to "I swing for a million damage and all these abilities go off" land.

Of course, like any decent Magic player I hate money so I'll spend a bunch of it on redoing the mana base and swapping in some different dragons, spells, artifacts, and you know what I should just go ahead and sell a kidney...

I can't wait to play it against my friends!

I have an unopened Heavenly Inferno deck. Is it worth anything?

canis minor
May 4, 2011

My iPhone 5s died, so...

bought myself Galaxy S8.

It would be better if it died a month or so in the future, when I'd be able to have a look at new iPhone / Google phone, but hey - S8 is a great phone, and the price of it as I see started to come down, so £540 is manageable.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

bar88537 posted:

I need a recommendation for a silly groomsmen gift. I already got something nice for them. To give an idea, I would have bought them the worlds largest gummy worm, but the amazon reviews show them melting in transit a lot.

Nice double ended dildo bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Bottom Liner posted:

I have an unopened Heavenly Inferno deck. Is it worth anything?

A sealed one is about a hundred bucks if you can find someone to buy it. It's got cool flavor, but it was also just reprinted as part of the Commander Anthology collection.