Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Zereth posted:

Like, are you saying you'll fight a girl in a bikini, a different girl in a bikini, a third one, and then like, a fuckign apple with little arms and legs and a face?

This is pretty accurate, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I haven't played the game but is juice from sentient fruit really that different from getting milk from animals

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Strange Quark posted:

I haven't played the game but is juice from sentient fruit really that different from getting milk from animals

I think drinking blood would be a more accurate analogy

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zereth posted:

Like, are you saying you'll fight a girl in a bikini, a different girl in a bikini, a third one, and then like, a fuckign apple with little arms and legs and a face?

That is a 100% accurate description, yes.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

.... :psyduck:

why

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You need a shtick to stand out in a crowded market

why else would anyone talk about it

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
So like

are living apple bunnies made by cutting up living apple men?

I have so many questions.

e: is the orange equipped with its own slices, and that's why its midsection is cut open?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

The look on that orange's face as it's about to attack you with its guts is freaking me out.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Looks pretty cute tbh

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sam Faust posted:

The look on that orange's face as it's about to attack you with its guts is freaking me out.

A moment of silence for the orange which has given its all to protect its friends.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
where's my rpg game where the cast is just hot men and monster fruits

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FF XV already came out

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Guess Secret of Mana is back

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/rumor-secret-mana-remake-ps4-ps-vita-announcement-leaked

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Secret of Mana 3D remake got announced for next February!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF44EpvFaoA

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Dragonturtle posted:

"Pre order to recieve DLC costumes", weird.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Hardest battle in Cold Steel so far turned out to be accidentally getting into a back-attack fight with the flaming skull dudes in the 6th floor of the old school building. I had to turn down the difficulty like 4 times and even then I just got lucky enough to get a turn and run away. Those guys are the most ridiculous thing. They're so easy to kill if you get the drop on them, but if you're a moron like me and think 'I don't need to put nightmare resistance on my guys, not like they're ever going to get hit' they can stun-lock you pretty much forever.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

Dragonturtle posted:

Looks like the remake of the original SD game (Adventures of Mana). I am okay with this and I want the figurines. I just hope SD3 is next.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm scared of this universe with new Mana games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wonder if it'll have a new translation or just polish up the Woolsey one.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
who cares, it ain't the only good mana game, LEGEND OF MANA

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Legend of Mana with all new 3D graphics would be a travesty

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Sakurazuka posted:

what if they make it look like odin sphere/grimgrimoire

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I wonder if it'll have a new translation or just polish up the Woolsey one.

Adventures of Mana had a new translation, and the phone port of Secret already added stuff.

Sakurazuka posted:

Egglia looks pretty good, though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah and I'd like a million pounds too

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tired Moritz posted:

where's my rpg game where the cast is just hot men and monster fruits
Bastard Bonds already came out

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Getsuya posted:

And they drop fruit juice which you can drink for minor health regeneration which seems kind of messed up in a world where the fruit is sentient.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJXHvCu4cnQ

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Getsuya posted:

Something I've been curious about. Considering all the cool/quirky stuff people have made using RPGMaker on PC, I'm wondering if there are hidden gems in the older versions of the series. Like, Japanese sites speak highly of 3 and 4 for the old Sony systems, including how there used to be a PS magazine that would come with discs containing indie RPGMaker 3 games. Is there a net community for old RPGmaker stuff? It'd be fun to find some diamonds in the rough made from the PS or SFC RPGmakers back in the day.

Ages ago I stumbled over a German RGP-Maker game which was a parody of the Phantasy Star series. It made a lot of jokes I did not understand since this game was my first encounter with Phantasy Star, but it was a complete and working game, which absolutely floored me at the time. (The concept of games made by fans was also new to me.)

This was so long ago I'm not even sure anymore what language the Game text had, or if it was really made by a German. And since this was two generations of PCs in the past, I long lost the game, the bookmark to the website it was downloadable on, and apparently all ability to use Google. I could never find it again. Teaches me a lesson about proper data storage procedures, I suppose.

But it's still in my mind, since I actually played it through from the very beginning. Generally, fan-games can only hold my interest for about five minutes before I give up.

One odd thing I remember: The maximum level was 40, and I ran into this level cap around the beginning of the last dungeon. No idea why I remember that crap, but not actually anything useful.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Well, goon analogies toward life got me to play 7th saga. Game seems a bit slow at first.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Well, goon analogies toward life got me to play 7th saga. Game seems a bit slow at first.

ok now imagine if it were possible for the game to get expone n t i a l l y
s
l

o

w

e

r

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Eh, I've dealt with worse. Mindless grinding is nothing new to my old school game playing rear end. Picked the demon, just hit lv 5 and am about to go and try to grind some more cash to get that armor.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Eh, I've dealt with worse. Mindless grinding is nothing new to my old school game playing rear end. Picked the demon, just hit lv 5 and am about to go and try to grind some more cash to get that armor.

don't play 7th saga ffs

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
mindless grind nothing. 7th saga is a tough mindless grind in the japanese version. in the american version, 7th saga is a sisyphean nightmare where enemies' stats have been cranked way up, exp rewards have been slashed to a fraction of what they're supposed to be, and your tnls have been inflated to the point where actually keeping up with the power curve takes hours and hours and hours

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

You should probably just play Mystic Ark with a patch instead. It is a lot more fun than 7th Saga is and doesn't outwardly hate the player as much either.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Getsuya posted:

Hardest battle in Cold Steel so far turned out to be accidentally getting into a back-attack fight with the flaming skull dudes in the 6th floor of the old school building. I had to turn down the difficulty like 4 times and even then I just got lucky enough to get a turn and run away. Those guys are the most ridiculous thing. They're so easy to kill if you get the drop on them, but if you're a moron like me and think 'I don't need to put nightmare resistance on my guys, not like they're ever going to get hit' they can stun-lock you pretty much forever.

Is Cold Steel as infinitely annoying and Anime as trails in the sky? I really tried to like the first one that's on Steam but I ground to a halt once I hit the last battle and I couldn't do it without going and levelling a bit more. Combat there is slow as gently caress as well.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if by 'anime' you mean 'good,' which is the correct definition of anime, than yes, cold steel is very good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
*whispers* there is a turbo button now

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Well I'd ask why Enix did that to 7th saga, but goddamnit I know why. Yeah I'll just play mystic ark instead. Sisyphusian slogs are not what I want to deal with rn.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Also I dunno if grinding really helps that late in FC? I got walloped my first time as well, but my solution was reequipping to spam AOE time arts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Motto posted:

Also I dunno if grinding really helps that late in FC? I got walloped my first time as well, but my solution was reequipping to spam AOE time arts.

Earth Wall trivializes the final bossfight.