Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mirthless posted:

this is from May of last year so it's a bit longer. It's more small of my back than down to my rear end, really. :shrug: I'm also about 25 pounds lighter.

I don't use a curling iron, that's just what my hair does when it gets to that length. I can't do anything with it at all when it's short. It looks terrible and sticks out in random directions because of the curling, but because of how loose my curls are they don't actually form into curls until they get to my shoulder.

edit: btw, i work in an office environment for an oil and gas company, right down the hall from our CEO. I keep it braided at work. Has had no impact on my professional prospects whatsoever. Tear down patriarchal societal expectations of what kind of hair you're allowed to have, they're pointless and stupid and it negatively impacts everyone in some way or another.

He looks like the guy from Aunty Donna without the self-awareness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Long hair works on a man if you're a pro wrestler or in a metal band. There are no other exceptions, and even in those cases it actively decreases the attractiveness of the person

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

long hair is the least idiotic thing about Mirthless

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Do whatever hairstyle you like, fellow goons. But i don't think managing to not cut your hair is an endevour worth bragging about.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Aesop Poprock posted:

Long hair works on a man if you're a pro wrestler or in a metal band. There are no other exceptions, and even in those cases it actively decreases the attractiveness of the person

You forgot displaced 18th century Ronin warrior that was zapped forward in time by an evil sorcerer. Otherwise, yeah. Pretty complete list there.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Solice Kirsk posted:

You forgot displaced 18th century Ronin warrior that was zapped forward in time by an evil sorcerer. Otherwise, yeah. Pretty complete list there.

Racist. Native american dudes can wear their hair long too. Doesn't even matter if it looks good or not, can't dis it or you're racist.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Facebook Aunt posted:

Racist. Native american dudes can wear their hair long too. Doesn't even matter if it looks good or not, can't dis it or you're racist.

Tatanka did not have long hair. :colbert:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

Tatanka did not have long hair. :colbert:

He's a pro wrestler though so he could

Also I just looked him up because I couldn't remember and he has a mullet or braids most of the time that went down past his neck so I'd count it

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 15:00 on Aug 26, 2017

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Paladinus posted:

Yeah, I'm sure that dude who looks like Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons gets a lot of attention from 'bros'. After all, hair is the first think men notice in a woman.

The best case scenario here is that they laugh and call him a girl behind his back, and then sarcastically overreact when he turns around.

You're overthinking this, at least in that random wolf-whistlers tend to do so at anything that looks remotely female.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I know a guy who had long hair and had somebody yell "hey, baby, how much for a blowjob?" at him from a car window. They sped off when he turned and said "what?!" Dude has a super deep voice, too.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
My long hair was very pretty, but I got more and more tired of taking care of it. I'm much happier having gotten rid of it about a year ago now. It's still weird having to actually go to a barber on a regular basis, but I'm not going back.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I just shave my head now. gently caress spending $20 on a haircut.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Same.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Male pattern baldness, right?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

w00tmonger posted:

Male pattern baldness, right?

Yep!

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Inescapable Duck posted:

You're overthinking this, at least in that random wolf-whistlers tend to do so at anything that looks remotely female.
How much of a shrimp does a man have to be to be mistaken for a woman just based on the length of his hair? Alternately, how much of a misshapen blob that people have to ascertain his gender using contextual clues like length of hair.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

HerStuddMuffin posted:

How much of a shrimp does a man have to be to be mistaken for a woman just based on the length of his hair? Alternately, how much of a misshapen blob that people have to ascertain his gender using contextual clues like length of hair.

I've been on here too long. I scoured this post looking for a pastry pun.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

VanSandman posted:

I've been on here too long. I scoured this post looking for a pastry pun.

The pastry... IT'S PEOPLE!!! IT'S PEOPLE!!!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Making fun of a dude for oversharing about his gross hair and hot takes thereof wasn't an invitation to do the same, just FYI.

food court bailiff posted:

you look like a roadie for system of a down and you have the personality of an intel 486 so pardon me if I don't think your self control is the main reason you're not swimming in strange

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Guy Mann posted:

Making fun of a dude for oversharing about his gross hair and hot takes thereof wasn't an invitation to do the same, just FYI.

Incel 486?

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013
I'm a guy with long hair and I cannot imagine caring that much about being a guy with long hair

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Magnus Manfist posted:

I'm a guy with long hair and I cannot imagine caring that much about being a guy with long hair

I get the thing about male-pattern baldness though cuz when I get sick of it it's clippers. With the 3

And worry that when it's wet you can see too much of my scalp

Frankly what we're talking about here is Metallica Syndrome and that is much more worrying

If you're a rocking dude and lose your metal hair your career in rocking is done

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I know a guy who had long hair and had somebody yell "hey, baby, how much for a blowjob?" at him from a car window. They sped off when he turned and said "what?!" Dude has a super deep voice, too.

Missed opportunity for "I'll let you suck my dick for free" In said super deep voice. Shame.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

syscall girl posted:

If you're a rocking dude and lose your metal hair your career in rocking is done

Nah you man up and shave that poo poo and keep loving rocking instead of looking like a walking joke. Devon Townsend did it.

Looking at you David Lee Roth.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i have long hair

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

the old ceremony posted:

i have long hair

:buddy:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Field Mousepad posted:

Nah you man up and shave that poo poo and keep loving rocking instead of looking like a walking joke. Devon Townsend did it.

Looking at you David Lee Roth.

Bald is an acceptably metal hairstyle. Dallas Toler-Wade (formerly of Nile) shaved his head after a while.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

paragon1 posted:

My couches burn, split upon an outdoor pyre. Amazon is silent. I go to enjoy a movie and then I realize

I have no couch to sit on.

I am free but at what cost.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Bald is an acceptably metal hairstyle. Dallas Toler-Wade (formerly of Nile) shaved his head after a while.

Metal enough for Nile; metal enough for me

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Metal enough for Nile; metal enough for me

http://www.theonion.com/article/metal-council-convenes-to-discuss-metal-hand-sign--1832

Metal Council Convenes To Discuss 'Metal Hand Sign' Abuse posted:

The Supreme Metal Council has experienced deep ideological rifts in the past that have affected its ability to make strong decisions, most notably during the lengthy trial and eventual sentencing of Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich, who was indicted in 2004 on charges of cutting his hair, pussing out on Napster, and contributing to the original motion-picture soundtrack of Mission: Impossible 2.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

Hot drat that's good.

Also I sometimes get jealous of you white boys being able to grow hair that falls down. The one year I let my hair just grow it looked like a head of dry, black broccoli. I've never known a true metal head bang.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

So how much was it? Did you get the price or what?

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

As an American I always get a little culture shock in Sleeping Dogs. You drive on the other side of the road, there's pedestrian-only streets everywhere, shooting someone is considered proof you ARE'NT a cop.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I actually looked up the murder rate in Hong Kong and it's like 15 a year, which is a trip to the bubble tea shop for wei shen

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

sebmojo posted:

I actually looked up the murder rate in Hong Kong and it's like 15 a year, which is a trip to the bubble tea shop for wei shen

I'd say it's more of a stopover to get a Pork Bun. After the bun he's gotta prove to the shopkeep he's a Real Man, and it all goes downhill from there.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

mind the walrus posted:

Hot drat that's good.

Also I sometimes get jealous of you white boys being able to grow hair that falls down. The one year I let my hair just grow it looked like a head of dry, black broccoli. I've never known a true metal head bang.

Get a wig man. Metal enough for Angelo Batio is metal enough for you.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
It's cute when normal healthy guys think catcallers target women they think are attractive instead of women they think are vulnerable. lovely dudes loooooove yelling at women they assume are ugly enough to have low self-esteem. Same lovely dudes are also extra terrified of The Gay, so when they yell at some frumpy longhair in sweatpants and then realize it's a guy, they panic like a hobo just spat blood in their eye.

Meanwhile I remain convinced that dudes who grow their hair long just wish they could grow beards instead.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Karate Bastard posted:

Get a wig man. Metal enough for Angelo Batio is metal enough for you.
Nah I'll get my hair chemically straightened. I look like a 2003 emo kid but drat if I can't throw the hair around.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

elise the great posted:

It's cute when normal healthy guys think catcallers target women they think are attractive instead of women they think are vulnerable. lovely dudes loooooove yelling at women they assume are ugly enough to have low self-esteem. Same lovely dudes are also extra terrified of The Gay, so when they yell at some frumpy longhair in sweatpants and then realize it's a guy, they panic like a hobo just spat blood in their eye.

Meanwhile I remain convinced that dudes who grow their hair long just wish they could grow beards instead.
Stop feeding our egos you know this path only leads to ruin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

elise the great posted:

Is that why almost every Tolkien elf has long hair?