Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

punk rebel ecks posted:

Okay, tell me why Lenin, who killed millions of his own people and founded a dictatorship ideology, was good.

Suck Zone: A Dictatorship Ideology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Immortal Science of Marxist-Dicatorism

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

punk rebel ecks posted:

Okay, tell me why Lenin, who killed millions of his own people and founded a dictatorship ideology, was good.

that Van Dyke :swoon:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Why don't you answer my question by telling me why I'm wrong and why Lenin was good?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

because he never lost a shoe at a 9/11 memorial event

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
A revolution is not a dinner party, or writing an essay, or painting a picture, or doing embroidery; it cannot be so refined, so leisurely and gentle, so temperate, kind, courteous, restrained and magnanimous. A revolution is an insurrection, an act of violence by which one class overthrows another

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

punk rebel ecks posted:

Okay but jack me off first

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/769010610398961668

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raskolnikov38 posted:

A revolution is not a dinner party, or writing an essay, or painting a picture, or doing embroidery; it cannot be so refined, so leisurely and gentle, so temperate, kind, courteous, restrained and magnanimous. A revolution is an insurrection, an act of violence by which one class overthrows another

- Thomas Jefferson

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

if you're desperate for a more serious answer, lenin and the bolsheviks were the least bad option for russia in 1917

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why don't you answer my question by telling me why I'm wrong and why Lenin was good?

Because your question was loaded and intellectually dishonest

Lenin and the October Revolution succeeded largely due to just how nightmarish the Tsars were, and after the Soviet Union fell, well, just look at the nightmare that is Russia today. Many Russians want to go back to communism because it ended up being the best time their country had known, quality of life wise.

yes, it had its problems, and the Soviet Union did a lot of bad poo poo, but you're almost certainly posting this from America, and if so, well then uh lol 😂 this motherfucker 😂

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

punk rebel ecks posted:

he taught us we are stronger together

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Condiv posted:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Condiv posted:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lol

https://twitter.com/markos/status/901484105254043648
https://twitter.com/markos/status/901484284698959872

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lol sure buddy

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

punk rebel ecks posted:

A good person would not have succeeded in ending the horrific nightmare that was czarist russia

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Condiv posted:

god i wish

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lastgirl posted:

Habers gonna Habes :xd:

https://twitter.com/Chemzes/status/901484392866041856

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

is it "assume minorities are too stupid to vote for dems" day?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

shut up ya worthless fuckin bastard

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lol there's literally no change

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ya it was like a weird snarl, very shortsighted to the bigger issue

which is this arpaio poo poo is going to hit the fan big time once the other poo poo thats hitting the fan passes through, like harvey and nk

as if people aren't riled up enough about racism and xenophobia in America ITYOOL 2017

"go vote!!!" How can you when there's systemic corruption in the voting process that's so blatant now by means of gerrymandering and suppression, sure is breeding contempt and distrust like a fuel canister on an open flame :thumbsup:

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

galenanorth posted:

At first I expected false equivocation with Seattle's Lenin statue on private land, then I read further and thought it was all right, then I got to

I think that changing the name of a Jefferson Davis Building on campus is just as important as tearing down these statues. You don't pass by the physical presence of someone that was important to the Confederacy, but you have to refer to the building while discussing how to get from A to B. That keeps the memory alive as much, if not more, than the statue. People that are infamous for their acts of hate deserve even less recognition in our daily lives than the relative nobodies of history, like President Chester Arthur. But sure, call people who are protesting it "silly" so you can keep looking down from your high horse.

Maybe I should try to cobble together something that's at least a page and see if I can get any anonymous op-eds submitted to any newspapers in lieu of these scrawls that are only accepted because they're from a former president's adult child.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/828497454932848640

I don't think the middle can, by definition, be edgy unless you are referring to a very narrow middle like something balanced on top of the spine of a book.

if changing a building name doesnt matter, chelsea, lets change all the bill gate buildings at UW and see if he cares

punk rebel ecks posted:

https://youtu.be/pQeljLL3lyM
i didnt watch this, just liked the title

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
i'm not so sure arpaio's pardon will be the mattering either, i expected it and most trump voters would vote for arpaio too

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

We're gonna smash them all

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

got any sevens posted:

i'm not so sure arpaio's pardon will be the mattering either, i expected it and most trump voters would vote for arpaio too

its not

people are looking for the mattering to document it instead of igniting a cataclysmic thing, they also want the mattering to be context specific, like the US functioning again, but thats just a perception issue because everything is flawed.

its like watching the embers die out because you're too busy filming how pretty and fragile it is much like life instead of fanning it~

just saying that theres more poo poo hitting the fan at a constant high velocity that eventually the fan's just gonna stop working altogether, like maybe the decline of the American superpower, at that point, that shits gonna be carved up

full balkanization now :unsmigghh:

like why be united with racists and supremecists and robber barrons in the ranks? people dont want to excise this tumor, so just cut them out and leave them to rot in their confederate nation state or obliterate them, there's no half measure here.

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 18:44 on Aug 26, 2017

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/901499764495331330

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/GenocideSnacks/status/901501220661190657

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Remember how bad dems and Obama almost sold out programs like Social Security in the name of the entitlement reforms?

Luckily the Tea Party was too greedy or Obama would have signed the deal

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the henry kissinger memorial

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

I am extremely surprised that Chappie actually met a smear against Sanders he didn't endorse, but I guess he's never been quite as bad as ragnarok lobster or whoever

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Barry Convex posted:

I am extremely surprised that Chappie actually found a smear against Sanders he couldn't endorse, but I guess he's never been quite as bad as ragnarok lobster or whoever

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Shear Modulus posted:

the henry kissinger memorial

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

they do have centrism statues like the wall street bull and the little girl mutual fund ad

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Main Paineframe posted:

What? No, sorry, let me rephrase that: what? :psyduck:

I don't recall the civil Rights movement getting all that much help from free speech, and even expressly nonviolent civil rights leaders like MLK faced both legal and illegal government suppression on a regular basis. Civil disobedience - engaging in their protest actions whether they were legal or not - was a key part of the nonviolent civil rights movement. MLK spent time in the Birmingham jail (where he wrote a certain famous letter) because he violated a court order that essentially said he had to stop protesting in Birmingham - and yes, that conviction was later appealed to the Supreme Court, which upheld it. To say that the civil rights movement was helped by or dependent on free speech requires a special level of ignorance, though I guess I shouldn't be surprised given how many people think all the black people just lined up and asked nicely for their basic Constitutional rights.

The fight for civil rights continues until this day. Notice I said post 1960s.

Edit: also, for what it is worth, see for example Gibson v. FLIC

Yudo has issued a correction as of 19:36 on Aug 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yudo posted:

The fight for civil rights continues until this day. Notice I said post 1960s.

Free speech has not saved BLM from getting poo poo all over by the cops every time they protest so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Locked thread