Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm still playing on easy. My winrate is maybe 60%. I look forward to unlocking a second aegis upgrade some day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
You using scorch?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Currently I'm using Legion. Honestly, the biggest factor in winrate is whether people leave. usually if we somehow fail the final wave, someone drops, and then we fail with 3 people, and then someone else drops, and we immediately fail with 2.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Go to regular, it's barely harder than easy and you get much more XP.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Will do. Thanks.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Three things that really help compensate for the rest of your team being dumb pubbies:

1) Use scorch
2) Learn the mortar titan spawns and be waiting for them
3) Arc traps. Arc traps fuckin everywhere. Unless I'm on Homestead or Rise where turrets are basically necessary because of the huge drone swarms, arc traps are basically the only thing I spend money on.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
XBONE:

Picked this up a few weeks ago. Really enjoyed the campaign now I've got a few hours in multiplayer. I'll join the group; my gamer tag is the same as my name here.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh man, regular difficulty is way more fun. I am a giant badass now.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Is there no expedition or brute titan outside of the campaign. Seems odd

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Digirat posted:

Is there no expedition or brute titan outside of the campaign. Seems odd
Nope none, I guess they'd have to port the designs over from the first game to get enough unique chassis.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Yeah those are basically reskinned weapons from Titanfall 1. Not sure what the reasoning was but they probably didn't have these weapons in mind when designing/balancing the MP combat. Monarch was added a few months after launch and uses the Chaingun and has a upgradable missile lock ordinance but nothing along the caliber of the missile lock from the campaign.

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad
Well the expedition is mostly contained in the monarch now. The Brute was never much more than a modified Northstar anyway, the only thing unique to it was the quad rocket launcher.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
How many Tether Traps can be out at once? Is it infinite like the Arc Traps?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Just put a Titanfall 1 Ogre model in with the quad rocket, slaved warheads, and a modified shield core, IMO. It'd be a relatively cheap way of getting an eighth titan in.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

moist turtleneck posted:

How many Tether Traps can be out at once? Is it infinite like the Arc Traps?

I think the max is 3 because they are on a timer.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lemon-Lime posted:

Just put a Titanfall 1 Ogre model in with the quad rocket, slaved warheads, and a modified shield core, IMO. It'd be a relatively cheap way of getting an eighth titan in.

I feel like we need a stealth titan if we get another one (we're not getting another one), most of the pilot abilities have a rough titan analog except cloak. Grapple too I guess, but you tell me how a grapple titan would work.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
He can voltron with other titans.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Using Overcore Scorch on Rise with the mod that makes your core leave thermite trails is that real poo poo gaming is about

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Inspector Hound posted:

I feel like we need a stealth titan if we get another one (we're not getting another one), most of the pilot abilities have a rough titan analog except cloak. Grapple too I guess, but you tell me how a grapple titan would work.

Wallrunning titan please.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

vyst posted:

Using Overcore Scorch on Rise with the mod that makes your core leave thermite trails is that real poo poo gaming is about
I like the defensive one that negates self damage so I walk through all of my traps and ult with my flame shield toasting fools. It owns.

Don't use it on nuke titans tho

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
HOW HARD IS IT TO SHOOT THE ENEMY TITANS!!?! JUST loving SHOOT THEM!!

If I'm the only person killing mortar titans, and all 3 other team members are at the base, why did ion titans do 80% of the damage that killed us? Did they forget to shoot them? gently caress.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Who else is going to fire away in vain at a cloak drone as a Ronin?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

You get reverse telefragged if you ronin phase shift into a titan? :stare:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Digirat posted:

Yeah, it's bullshit. I don't think you should be able to telefrag them, but getting instakilled trying to close distance is dumb.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Digirat posted:

Not if you're holding block, though.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Yeah just hold the block button when phase shifting as Ronin. I think it's a small caveat for Ronin being able to block 90 loving percent of damage from all directions shrugging off Laser, Rocket, Flame cores like it's nothing.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I clearly have an alternate universe Ronin, because when I hold block, I still just melt from chip damage. Fortunately, people can't hit me with chip damage IF THEY'RE BUSYING BEING EXECUTED!!!

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Wazzit posted:

Yeah just hold the block button when phase shifting as Ronin. I think it's a small caveat for Ronin being able to block 90 loving percent of damage from all directions shrugging off Laser, Rocket, Flame cores like it's nothing.
IIRC it's only 75 or 70% normally, but goes up to 90% while Sword Core is active.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I figured 90 was too high but I was mostly exaggerating because it sure does feel like 90% as I unload a core on a Ronin that casually walks away with his back turned to me. I didn't know about the percentage increase during Sword Core though, that makes a lot of sense now.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Lemon-Lime posted:

Not if you're holding block, though.

You still receive some damage though, right?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Wow flight core is completely worthless on Rise. I guess that makes up for how overpowered the rail gun is on it...

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Brutakas posted:

You still receive some damage though, right?

Yes, but not a whole lot.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I just pop flight core on the left alley or just find a low ceiling to pop it under

Also my god the faster charging level up makes it so much better

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I'm usually holding the right lane, and if I decide to pop it just try to aim the missiles so at least 3 of them hit something.
Or hold it for when the harvester gets overrun from the center, and let those arc ronins eat poo poo

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The right lane feels like a shooting range for Northstar. You have your chest high table to rest your gun and pop crits on titans. Of course someone will come and put a sentry there wich will be disabled all the time.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I normally set up right at the crosswalk, maybe back up a bit to have that wall on the left serve as cover.
Throw a few traps down and then just wait.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Just got dropped into an FD match that was on round 3 and where everyone but one guy had apparently quit. Then I watched him drop an arc trap behind the harvester and immediately understood why.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I had a guy screaming at everyone to give him a battery for two waves a couple days ago and he fuckin flipped when he saw someone give me a battery and say "sorry all out"

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

I had a guy screaming at everyone to give him a battery for two waves a couple days ago and he fuckin flipped when he saw someone give me a battery and say "sorry all out"

lmao

how hard up do you have to be to not afford your own battery, or grab one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
The average player of this game is dumber than dirt.

I'm really sick of people just deciding they want to hang out with me instead of killing the enemies near them. Like at the start if a wave, they will take one lane, so i grab the other, and then part way through it, everything is going fine, I'm killing poo poo, and all the sudden a team mate comes over to start blocking my shots and stealing my kills. Okay, I don't really care about "kill stealing" but NO ONE IS IN YOUR LANE AND OH THERE ARE 6 REAPERS WAILING ON THE HARVESTER WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU DOING!!!?

Snak fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 27, 2017