Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Tales of Woe posted:

What does the Sloshing Machine do that the regular Slosher doesn't? I'm comparing them in the test room and they seem to have about the same range and spray but the Sloshing Machine has fall-off damage and the regular doesn't.

Dr Cheeto posted:

The sloshing machine is like some weird blaster hybrid and every shot has a spinning exploding core to it.

It's a cross between a slosher and a blaster, the trail does damage, the blast does damage, so you can lob it over and to the sides of cover and have it be very effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

It also does the same amount of damage from above as it does from below or head on.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
It also sounds fuckin rad too

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Tower Control on Moray Towers and Humpback has to be the least playable ranked rotation in the game

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

No, that would probably be Rainmaker on Inkblot Art Academy and Moray Towers.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tales of Woe posted:

Tower Control on Moray Towers and Humpback has to be the least playable ranked rotation in the game

Humpback is a bitch because of the terrain getting the way of trying to get on the loving Tower. Nevermind the ambush points at the checkpoints.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like tower control on Moray and Humpback

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Moray Towers is the best Rainmaker stage in my experience.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

ZeButler posted:

i like Rainmaker on every map, it's the only one that works on Moray since you can move the objective out of the central death trap quickly and not have to fight on the long range weapons' terms as much.

The new map seems good, we need more maps in the rotation that don't have a big hill in the center and also aren't Moray Towers.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm glad salmon run exists when towers is anywhere in the ranked rotation, because it is so bad.

I don't get all the hate for humpback and tc, never really have a problem jumping on and ambush spots just mean "sticky bomb goes here ➡" on offense.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

ZeButler posted:

I got a 70% winrate in inkblot Rainmaker ama

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

dragon enthusiast posted:

I got a 70% winrate in inkblot Rainmaker ama

Want to go ride bikes

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I've hit that wall where I'm bored with the weapons I'm good at and I can't really find any others I like. I got 100 hours out of it though so can't complain really.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Ugh I died to a clash blaster.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Urrrrrgh I'd feel a lot better dying to the Blaster if the noise it makes wasn't so drat weedy-sounding.

Like at least let me feel like I was killed by a much cooler gun.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Would you rather be killed by a loving bucket?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm still in B/B+ for ranked modes and buckets are a pretty rare sight. Whatever meta rules at A+/S doesn't penetrate down here. :v:

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Pierson posted:

I'm still in B/B+ for ranked modes and buckets are a pretty rare sight. Whatever meta rules at A+/S doesn't penetrate down here. :v:

I disagree, tri-slosher is the weapon that's most consistently been in my games at all ranks I've been through. the shooters are all over the place though, it's not all tentateks like I see in high rank streams.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
I’ve had a tri-slosher in every game today.

I was holding it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I see a tri slosher on the opposing team literally every single match but it's because I use it.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

VibrantPareidolia posted:

Had some fun games with JohnDarko earlier and I somehow ended up on a team full of bucketheads.

It's turf war, what do you even need all that tenacity for!!

Thanks for gear dude, they were fun indeed. You were consistently difficult to deal with.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh they changed the "There hasn't been players for some time now!" message tonjust say "Someone disconnected early in the match so your rank is not affected."

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Is the pro Rainmaker strategy to hide in corners and then surprise the enemy when they either try to get by with the Rainmaker or when they attack your guys? Because everybody was doing that today and it was frustrating

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Only played for a few minutes since it's gone up, how is the new map?

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

It's good.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It's excellent, Rainmaker was great and so was Turf War

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Frankston posted:

I've hit that wall where I'm bored with the weapons I'm good at and I can't really find any others I like. I got 100 hours out of it though so can't complain really.

Yeah I agree with you. They do have a lot of weapons planned so I decided that I'm going to just play splat fests and the occasional salmon run until they have more weapons unlocked.

I mostly play this in between other games to mix it up.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Nephzinho posted:

Only played for a few minutes since it's gone up, how is the new map?
In Control Tower it's really cool, lots of tight/blind corners for ambushes if you stick to the ground but lots of upper catwalks and walls you can cover them from. Really punishes teams who just follow the tower pathway or focus too much on the ground.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/mizukurage_1/status/901440600997642241

Reminder that regular part-time workers of Grizzco will be shipped to a new designated work location in a couple of hours time for a brighter future.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Rexroom posted:

Minami-SAMA ( @minami_ika) ja sarjakuva hazuki-Kun nawabali taistelu hazuki-Kun ja Akita-söpö ja hauska laji, on työtä rakkaudesta. Joten päädyin samassa joukkueessa, mutta kaksi yksilöllinen käsinkirjoituksen 塗renakatた anteeksi ja pahoitellen. < Ko: 彡 < mukava este!

Ok.

I'm a little salty that the new map happens to come out when it's 3am here. They datamined two maps for SR? Hopefully Nintendo will still release more or otherwise mix up the mode to keep it fresh.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Marina is a constant state of worry

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

sexpig by night posted:

Marina is a constant state of worry

Existential crisis after studying Inklings and realizing that her species lost to these chucklefucks.
Also possibly having homesickness due to Inkopolis not having smog, pollution, failing lightning systems and clanking machinery everywhere. At least she now has a motorcycle she can rev to lull herself to sleep.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Mutually assured consumption

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I can't wait to play the new Salmon Run map and tank my ranking because nobody is gonna bother with recon.

throw to first drat IT posted:

Existential crisis after studying Inklings and realizing that her species lost to these chucklefucks.
Also possibly having homesickness due to Inkopolis not having smog, pollution, failing lightning systems and clanking machinery everywhere. At least she now has a motorcycle she can rev to lull herself to sleep.

Pretty sure the thing octolings would miss the most is the random floating bullshit. They can't get enough of that stuff.

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

"What?! I'm not tangled up like this for fun, you know!"
The new map is pretty good but the supplied weapons for the next two days, good God. Blaster, Charger, some burst fire gun. At least there isn't a roller and a brush or something

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Between all the grates in the new map, walls blocking your view and people who can't use the Nozzlenoze - prepare a bit before you go in Profreshional Salmon Run. It can get a little painful if you're not prepared for a Griller or Goldie wave. It's really fun though.

Protip - paint an inside wall if it becomes night. You've got a good 10 seconds of free time for everyone to aim at a Griller or stay safe from a Goldie Rush before they learn to jump at you.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

First run & first wave of the new map was a fog round. Still ended up clearing it. Cool map, really like all the inkable walls.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really do not like the new map for Splat Zones. it's too easy for the controlling team to shut down all the entrances

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

the new salmon run map is real good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Lost Outpost is cool because I think it has my highest winrate out of the 3 SR maps

During a glowfly round you can paint a wall and swim up it to get the swarm in a cluster and I don't think they can jump