Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Ox and Bellerin swapped sides for the last game because Arsenal's tactical innovation of the day was to loop balls over the top of Stoke's defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Why are Liverpool not after Jerome Boateng? No longer first choice for Bayern

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

straight up brolic posted:

Why are Liverpool not after Jerome Boateng? No longer first choice for Bayern

*misreads club stereotypes* Too Black

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

*doesn't know about injuries lasting half a season*

Yeah this Jerome fella from Bayern ain't first choice no more

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Healbot posted:

*doesn't know about injuries lasting half a season*

Yeah this Jerome fella from Bayern ain't first choice no more
Is he currently injured?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
At least the poll ITT was accurate. Can't wait to see who else gets sold off for Arsenal, while no transfers come in, while the side still has huge holes in their depth and routinely has 3 or 4 people in every match playing out of position.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I agree I just think it's stupid when it was all Wenger's fault 6 months ago, but now the supporters seem like they don't want to blame Wenger at all since they've discovered it's all really Kroenke's fault or some poo poo

no Arsenal supporter here, but I've seen how his teams perform in other leagues and there's an overall pattern. If anything Arsenal is overachieving comparatively, if they were really performining to the level of his other teams they'd be battling relegation, or stumbling around lower mid-table.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I agree I just think it's stupid when it was all Wenger's fault 6 months ago, but now the supporters seem like they don't want to blame Wenger at all since they've discovered it's all really Kroenke's fault or some poo poo

Well it's potentially both. Even if Kroenke refuses to give Wenger money to buy a center back, for instance, that still doesn't force Wenger to play two left backs in central defense. But it's definitely more Wenger than Kroenke.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Jason Sextro posted:

no Arsenal supporter here, but I've seen how his teams perform in other leagues and there's an overall pattern. If anything Arsenal is overachieving comparatively, if they were really performining to the level of his other teams they'd be battling relegation, or stumbling around lower mid-table.
Arsenal spend a lot of money. Don't compare fail salary cap sports to the noble game of association football tia

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

sassassin posted:

Arsene Wnger is a good manager.

Maybe 10 years before the game moved on without him.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Byolante posted:

Maybe 10 years before the game moved on without him.

I don't think the game has moved on at all, he's just insanely stubborn and always tries to build the perfect team. He sees the same holes in his team as everyone else, but he always get stuck on the one perfect player (in this summer's case, Lemar) and refuses to move on when they become unavailable. The real change that's happened over the last 10 years is that the club has been systematically purged of anyone willing to stand up to him.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Celtic were meant to be signing South African centre back Rivaldo Coatzee, was pretty much a done deal. Now the deal might be off because they discovered something wrong with his foot during the medical. Shame for the lad.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
It might be a bit early to call this, but it looks more and more like Emre Can will run down his contract with Liverpool.

Vyelkin (or is it Cheese?) will be happy, but I will be very sad.

http://www.football-italia.net/108829/marotta-howedes-schick-and-can

There are also some little nuggets for the Serie A crew in that article too.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Brony Car posted:

It might be a bit early to call this, but it looks more and more like Emre Can will run down his contract with Liverpool.

Vyelkin (or is it Cheese?) will be happy, but I will be very sad.

http://www.football-italia.net/108829/marotta-howedes-schick-and-can

There are also some little nuggets for the Serie A crew in that article too.

Sell him now for the money imo

though tbf he looked better in the last few matches than at any time last season so wtf do I know :shrug:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Her Dryer posted:

Celtic were meant to be signing South African centre back Rivaldo Coatzee, was pretty much a done deal. Now the deal might be off because they discovered something wrong with his foot during the medical. Shame for the lad.

drat, would've loved to see what he can do in Scotland, I loved Disgrace.

oliwan fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 26, 2017

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Too many barbarians up there, you can't blame him.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
And Rangers definitely wouldn't have made a good foe ;)

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I don't like the idea of Can going on a free. He's a frustrating player but he's still very young for a central midfielder and certainly has all the ability to be very, very good. Also in this market he'd be worth thirty plus million so even though we are incapable of actually spending that money I'd rather not throw it away.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Looks like he's going then

quote:

Liverpool have set a Monday deadline for Barcelona to agree a fee for 25-year-old midfielder Philippe Coutinho. (Onda Cero - in Spanish

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

looks like more bullshit from the spanish media who were claiming that coutinho would be signing in a few hours, weeks ago

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Is Can leaving Liverpool or is that speculation about like next year? I'm not a LP fan but I feel like he's been an excellent fit on their team since they signed him.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Libertine posted:

Is Can leaving Liverpool or is that speculation about like next year? I'm not a LP fan but I feel like he's been an excellent fit on their team since they signed him.

He can leave for free in the summer. That means he can sign a pre-contract agreement with any club in January.

Messi is currently in the same situation which is very interesting.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
He's definitely signing for Juve. Can that is

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

He's definitely signing for Juve. Can that is

Who can?

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

can can

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Diu2N8TGKA

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjIl_xFUruM

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
BBC Gossip round up of the papers this morning say Arsenal will bid £75m for Asensio, and are confident of signing VVD and Lemar, by next summer if not now.

So that's us not signing anyone then.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Why would Asensio go to Arsenal

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

https://youtu.be/mSQ6O5CRux0?t=28

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Why the gently caress would we sell Mustafi. He's the one defender we've bought in ages who's actually any good.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

saihttam posted:

Why would Asensio go to Arsenal

Arsenal are going to trigger his release clause but I can't see why he would consider going there.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Asensio signed a new contract with a 500m release clause

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Jesé lol

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

Arsenal are going to trigger his release clause but I can't see why he would consider going there.

Awhile ago some folks thought they were working together so Asensio could negotiate a better contract and Arsenal could pretend to have other targets.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Apparently United are back in for Bale at £92m.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This is, of course, the Mail.

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/901799011711148032

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Lenin Riefenstahl posted:

Why the gently caress would we sell Mustafi. He's the one defender we've bought in ages who's actually any good.

Because Wenger is senile.

Real talk is something has gone on behind closed doors :shrug:

I suppose Asensio might be interested using the Ox negotiations as a starting point: surely and highly rated starter can ask for £200k a week or more at Arsenal after that debacle.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Bacon Terrorist posted:

BBC Gossip round up of the papers this morning say Arsenal will bid £75m for Asensio, and are confident of signing VVD and Lemar, by next summer if not now.

So that's us not signing anyone then.

Sounds great but I doubt they will get any of them and then it will be some 31-yo dude no one's ever heard of on a free transfer coming in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Libertine posted:

Sounds great but I doubt they will get any of them and then it will be some 31-yo dude no one's ever heard of on a free transfer coming in.

good.

• Locked thread