Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Mechanics question: there's no real limit on stacking negative resistances is there?

Like say I were to have a mob cursed with Elemental Weakness (-39%) and Conductivity (-44%), with a totemdad in a Heirophant Bringer of Rain hat (20% pen) using a Brain Rattler (20% pen) along with a pen gem (37% pen), 3% pen on the tree, and have applied EE (-50%) of the correct element.

Without getting into curse effectiveness and base mob resistances, would that totemdad have an effective MORE multiplier of...213%?

I need to know for uh science.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012

dead in real life posted:

Carrion Run
Viridian Jewel
14% increased cold damage
5% increased attack speed
6% increased maximum life
11% increased projectile damage

Thanks for the replies, everyone. In case anyone's curious, I managed to sell it for 180c. No idea if I could've gotten more, but I'm stoked since it's my biggest sale ever (by a lot)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Vasudus posted:

Mechanics question: there's no real limit on stacking negative resistances is there?

Like say I were to have a mob cursed with Elemental Weakness (-39%) and Conductivity (-44%), with a totemdad in a Heirophant Bringer of Rain hat (20% pen) using a Brain Rattler (20% pen) along with a pen gem (37% pen), 3% pen on the tree, and have applied EE (-50%) of the correct element.

Without getting into curse effectiveness and base mob resistances, would that totemdad have an effective MORE multiplier of...213%?

Say, monster has 100% fire resistance (so, 75% effective and 25% overcap).

Case A - 1000 damage fire spell will deal 250 damage.

Case B - 25% penetration. Same spell deals (75-25) -> 500 damage.

Case C - 25% resistance reduction. Same spell deals (100-25) -> 250 damage.

Case D - 50% resistance reduction, 25% penetration. Same spell deals (100-50 => 50-25) -> 750 damage.

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.

Vasudus posted:

The big thing to note is that map bosses and shaper have massively reduced effectiveness of curses
Act and map bosses have 60% less Curse Effect. The Shaper and his guardians have 80% less Curse Effect.
Hence the main place where mobs dont blow up almost instantly curses are a lot weaker.

Applebee123 fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Aug 26, 2017

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Applebee123 posted:

The big thing to note is that map bosses and shaper have massively reduced effectiveness of curses
Act and map bosses have 60% less Curse Effect. The Shaper and his guardians have 80% less Curse Effect.
Hence the main place where mobs dont blow up almost instantly curses are a lot weaker.

(for the newbies) the reason for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8OrZuyktUY

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
What are the purpose of getting all these masters to your hideout? Do they have any benefit beyond allowing access to their crafting benches? All the items they sell are pretty poo poo at my level (34) and I find better stuff off drops.
Is their purpose mostly for crafting?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Dennis McClaren posted:

What are the purpose of getting all these masters to your hideout? Do they have any benefit beyond allowing access to their crafting benches? All the items they sell are pretty poo poo at my level (34) and I find better stuff off drops.
Is their purpose mostly for crafting?

as they level they get more interesting, letting you convert currency at a discount compared to regular vendors and selling skill gems with quality on them, as well as (rarely) drop-only gems like enlighten and empower. also they each have a unique affix that will be on a piece of gear they sell each day, and some of those are good; expensive to make any use of since you have to buy it as a blue and then craft a good item out of it though. crafting benches are the biggest benefit.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Inviting them to your hideout also lets you do daily missions, which gives a big bonus to their level in comparison to normal "wild" missions. Zana's daily is also essentially a free map.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

This is pretty decent find I think? Both damage, crit and AS mods tier 1, prefix space for +physical% or whatever from Vagan. Saving for some hammertime character, or until I migrate from SSF if it's worth a thing.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

Is that a skill support gem that will reduce the cooldown on my Flame Dash skill?

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

So I finally made it to level 90 in HC after dying at 86 and 83 this season! Yay!

I have a question, this is the first time I've ever shaped a T6 to T11 with the intent of poop socking a thousand Spider Forests. I've experimented a bit with sextants(have all neighbors and neighbors of neighbors up) and I've been alching and even putting a bloodline mod on maps and can't seem to quite self sustain. I bought three maps to start and some times I'll get 1-2 more shaped spider forest drops per run but then I'll go on a dry run. I'm even wearing biscos.

I have every t9 completed with the bonus aside from some of the unique maps. Any advice or did I just get stupid unlucky.

Edit: forgot to specify that I sealed excavation after completing it for the bonus too so spider forest is the only open t11

Also also: I'm chiseling them to 20% before alching

Goo P-Nut Sack fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Aug 26, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Dennis McClaren posted:

Is that a skill support gem that will reduce the cooldown on my Flame Dash skill?

Nope. There's a Harbinger item that reduces cooldowns (which is actually not all that expensive if you don't mind a corrupted one), but the only gem that does cooldown reduction is for traps only.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Over a long enough timeline you will sustain t11 with just 1 alch/map and nothing else but you can go on cold streaks at any time, I remember going like 24 maps without a map drop at the start of the league, it was nuts, I literally thought my loot filter was broken or something.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

I have every t9 completed with the bonus aside from some of the unique maps. Any advice or did I just get stupid unlucky.
Unlucky.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

Having a t12 or t13 shaped/unlocked as well will benefit sustain over the long term. They have a slightly higher chance of rolling a red map tier than your t11 does.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

I'm even wearing biscos.

This has no effect whatsoever on map drops.

Map drops are solely affected by the IIQ on the map itself (and anything added by Zana mods), not by any IIQ on your gear/etc.

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Magus42 posted:

This has no effect whatsoever on map drops.

Map drops are solely affected by the IIQ on the map itself (and anything added by Zana mods), not by any IIQ on your gear/etc.

Aye, a clan member tipped me off to this after I posted!

Thanks for the responses, I'm no stranger to getting hosed in the rear end by RNG so I'll just buy a half dozen more shaped maps and get to gettin.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Lunsku posted:

This is pretty decent find I think? Both damage, crit and AS mods tier 1, prefix space for +physical% or whatever from Vagan. Saving for some hammertime character, or until I migrate from SSF if it's worth a thing.

Looks like it's gonna wind up at around 620 total dps once you craft the vagan mod on it. Poe.trade doesn't even list anything past 600 dps with that high a crit chance, so I'd say it's pretty good yeah. There's one with 6.1% crit priced at 45c and also 6 socketed but I think that's underpriced.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Playing the console version: I notice when I open the random chests and boxes dotted around the map gear come out but it can't be interacted with at all. Is this a bug?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
That's probably the default loot filter hiding some items. Is there no binding on the Xbone version to toggle "show all items?" Shameful if true

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If the item is filtered completely out wouldn't it be garbage?

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Just spent my first two Ascendancy points to turn my bleed Duelist into a corpse exploding Gladiator. :black101:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

If the item is filtered completely out wouldn't it be garbage?

Almost certainly.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Can you not use the Level 20 + GCP recipe on Vaal gems?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Sab669 posted:

Can you not use the Level 20 + GCP recipe on Vaal gems?

I thought vaal gems were corrupted

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

(Edit) Bleh, I missed that note on the wikia. Dumb of me :(

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Aug 27, 2017

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.

Sab669 posted:

They are; are Corrupt items unusable in vendor recipes? Oh well I suppose, I play solo mostly so I don't need the +Radius anyways

One thing some people do is buy some 11-13% quality gems from players for a chaos or so as soon as they are able. If you level those instead of 0% quality gems you can get some of the benefits cheaply and without investing too much time.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Im having trouble figuring out a price for this amulet there is nothing on poetrade with spell/crit/mult this high + fire and life

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Applebee123 posted:

One thing some people do is buy some 11-13% quality gems from players for a chaos or so as soon as they are able. If you level those instead of 0% quality gems you can get some of the benefits cheaply and without investing too much time.

you can get 15-18% pretty cheap in most gems and then you can just use a few prisms to finish them off

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

hakimashou posted:

Im having trouble figuring out a price for this amulet there is nothing on poetrade with spell/crit/mult this high + fire and life

Scrub the craft and roll the dice on annulling that trash fire roll

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

Finished the Ascendancy lab/trial thing today and got Chieftain status and my 2 points.
So how do you get more ascendancy points? Is there a limit?

This game keeps getting better. Amazing that it's free. Other developers should take note. The whole City of Sarn Act I just went through had some beautiful maps.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Mondian posted:

Scrub the craft and roll the dice on annulling that trash fire roll

im scared

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Dennis McClaren posted:

Finished the Ascendancy lab/trial thing today and got Chieftain status and my 2 points.
So how do you get more ascendancy points? Is there a limit?

This game keeps getting better. Amazing that it's free. Other developers should take note. The whole City of Sarn Act I just went through had some beautiful maps.

You do harder labs, the max is 8 points, 2 per.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Does anyone have a way to brutally hack this game to let me sort my inventory

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Control Volume posted:

Does anyone have a way to brutally hack this game to let me sort my inventory

God I wish.

I've only played pretty sporadically, this is the first league I'm trying to do better and understand the game. I'm about through act 10 now and I honestly don't understand the maps or prophecies at all yet. I think I need to read the wiki.

Studying for a game. What a weird world we live in.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

DigitalMocking posted:

God I wish.

I've only played pretty sporadically, this is the first league I'm trying to do better and understand the game. I'm about through act 10 now and I honestly don't understand the maps or prophecies at all yet. I think I need to read the wiki.

Studying for a game. What a weird world we live in.

maps are areas and also items. they drop in the usual rarity varieties and currency items work on them just as they do equipment. you use them in a map device and it spawns an area to complete, and modifiers on the map item are applied to the spawned area, such as "inhabited by goatmen' or "monsters do 109% extra damage as cold", and these increase both the difficulty and drop rate. the maps are linked together on a map screen which you get access to once you've beaten the acts, and only maps which are connected to the one you are in, or which you have beaten before, will drop as you kill stuff in a map. tier 1 maps all drop in the regular world to get you started, but the rest drop inside of other maps. however you're not mechanically bound by the connections and you can buy/be given basically any map at any time to complete.

prophecies are just "here's a thing which will happen now' or "go do this thing for a reward"

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

is there room in the guild yet for IMissBreach?

I have a pretty sweet skele mages auramancer and I need people to run maps with

Scags
Nov 12, 2005
Could someone please invite me to guild? Character name is GizmoDuck. I've sent a few PMs but never got a response. I think I play when everyone else is asleep.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Sometimes you get lucky.

Source: I just bought a carcass jack for 12c. 6 slotted with 4 jewelers, 6 linked with a single fuse. Instant x50 profit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Mondian posted:

Sometimes you get lucky.

Source: I just bought a carcass jack for 12c. 6 slotted with 4 jewelers, 6 linked with a single fuse. Instant x50 profit

They just had that 600 million dollar lottery maybe you should have used your luck on that instead of the video game hmmm?