Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Jared Leto as Joker, Walton Goggins as Batman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Parasol Prophet posted:

I have zero interest in a standalone Joker movie, but I'd watch Walton Goggins as Joker.

He'd make it work.

Such a thing exists, it's called American Ultra.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

SleepCousinDeath posted:

Jared Leto as Joker, Walton Goggins as Batman.

Danny McBride needs to in the DCEU somehow. Detective Bullock? Something to let him play off Walton Goggins.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

It's cool BVS left such a massive psychic impact that the entire nerd blogosphere is now hyperinvested in an elaborate Batman V Justice League metanarrative.

Dawn of Some Dumb poo poo

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Jose Oquendo posted:

Danny McBride needs to in the DCEU somehow. Detective Bullock?

Guy Gardner.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Space Cabbie

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bibbo Bibowski

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Karate Kid

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Make Danny McBride Jimmy Olsen and just literally never acknowledge that Lois lane saw j.o. get executed

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Bibbo Bibowski

he's in MoS

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'd totally be down for McBride as Lobo.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

K. Waste posted:

Make Danny McBride Jimmy Olsen and just literally never acknowledge that Lois lane saw j.o. get executed

Jimmy Olsen was just that guy's cover, he want the real Jimmy Olsen

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Oh yes, this.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The real question is that after Justice League, when are we going to get another comic book movie that looks like a (good) comic book?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Probably Deadpool 2? I don't know, the last one was SMG approved though this is a different director.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

The MSJ posted:

I heard Alamo is doing this because an MRA asked if they were going to do a clown-only screening of It after they did a woman-only screening of WW.

Maybe they're just down with the clown :shrug:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yeah Lobo is a great pick

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I just realized we'll never get a Jody Hill DCEU movie and that makes me very sad.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

PenguinKnight posted:

I think the Alamo Drafthouse wouldn't cultivate a gang affiliation.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

I want Danny McBride basically playing himself and telling off all the dumb DCEU incarnations while giving Batfleck a pressed ham

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

PenguinKnight posted:

No joke, ICP was a Jeopardy answer yesterday. :cry:

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Jimmy Olsen was just that guy's cover, he want the real Jimmy Olsen

He's Jimmy Olsen's brother, who is also named Jimmy.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Now we're talking.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Probably Deadpool 2? I don't know, the last one was SMG approved though this is a different director.

The new director did John Wick and Atomic Blonde, though. Those are some pretty movies.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

The MSJ posted:

The new director did John Wick and Atomic Blonde, though. Those are some pretty movies.

Deadpool got him? If so this is awesome news. Good choice.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
From what I understand he was just stunt director of Wick.

I thought Atomic Blonde was something that could've been a good movie, but was really terribly directed at every turn, and the CGI choices were particular bad so I have no hope for Deadpool 2.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
He also played Terry Bogard in the King of Fighters movie so he's used to dorks dressed in red.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Atomic Blonde was sick and looked awesome. Definitely relied a lot on action skills and good actors, which is really all you need for Deadpool. The spy stuff wasn't handled as well as it could've, but I doubt that'll be an issue going into Deadpool, really. Reynolds probably writes and directs his own lines anyway.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

People overestimate how much writing actors do

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

very true, but I think it's pretty likely that Reynolds has a lot of control over that franchise. He managed to more or less fire a director, I doubt he's saying anything from that script he doesn't like.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Deadpool wasn't that impressive in the first place, so it's kind of a moot point.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Vegetable posted:

People overestimate how much writing actors do

I thought it was pretty rare.

I can only think of Rutger Hauer (natch) and a couple more who did improvisation to bad dialogue during a writer's strike.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Go back in time, bring Cesar Romero back and then you can make a Joker movie. Otherwise gently caress off.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

syscall girl posted:

I thought it was pretty rare.

I can only think of Rutger Hauer (natch) and a couple more who did improvisation to bad dialogue during a writer's strike.

Edward Norton rewrote The Incredible Hulk from top to bottom, RDJ and Bridges were making up their lines on the set of Iron Man, Ben Stiller is known for getting pretty involved with the scripts of his movies, Affleck coming onto Beavis was contingent upon him being allowed to change up the script with Terrio, I think Julie Delpy got heavily involved in rewriting the Before sequels...

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Timby posted:

I think Julie Delpy got heavily involved in rewriting the Before sequels...

Both her and Hawke were heavily involved with retooling the scripts. They eventually got co-writing credit on the sequels.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Timby posted:

Edward Norton rewrote The Incredible Hulk from top to bottom, RDJ and Bridges were making up their lines on the set of Iron Man, Ben Stiller is known for getting pretty involved with the scripts of his movies, Affleck coming onto Beavis was contingent upon him being allowed to change up the script with Terrio, I think Julie Delpy got heavily involved in rewriting the Before sequels...

So yeah that's a fair amount but considering Hollywood's total output, percentage wise most actors don't or can't rewrite a movie.

And some of them shouldn't, Ed.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
My understanding was that some stars didn't so much "write" themselves as bring on writers to tailor scripts to them. The more important they are to a production the more power they have to say "I think my character would actually say this". They don't rewrite everything from the top down.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Timby posted:

At least for Iron Man I thought that was more or less by design, the script not being finished and nobody really giving a poo poo because everyone was just lol an iron Man movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Timby posted:

I can't speak to Edward Norton, but RDJ was calling Shane Black for dialogue, Julie Delpy is an accomplished screen writer and Ben Affleck literally has an Academy Award for screen writing, those are edge cases at best for actors writing screenplays.

A good counter example is Daniel Craig was responsible for a good deal of the writing for Quantum of Solace, and even he agrees the screenplay was dogshit.

• Locked thread