Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Koalas March posted:

I left the thread months ago because the bad cartoons can be so loving terrible, but I'm wondering what the worst the cartoon of the year has been so far?

You have no idea how hard this question is to answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Koalas March posted:

I left the thread months ago because the bad cartoons can be so loving terrible, but I'm wondering what the worst the cartoon of the year has been so far?

I'm not sure if anything topped this yet:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/cartoon-comparing-betsy-devos-ruby-bridges-sparks-backlash-n721531

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Branco seems to somehow get more and more shitheaded with every cartoon he puts out.

I mean, it's like he's a black hole of the shittiest takes on any given situation.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
My first reaction is "someting by Branco", too. He's slipped deep into unhidded, unabashed racism and general shitiness this year.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

Koalas March posted:

I want to say that out of all the regulars, it's probably a Dry Bones. Kirschen saw your challenge and is stepping up to the plate.

quote:

A really close friend from America was visiting us and saw this cartoon. He's politically savvy, sharp, and intelligent, but his reaction to the cartoon shocked me. He was unaware of the antisemitism of the left. He'd never heard of the violent antifa movement, and he was ignorant of the antisemitism of the Black Lives Matter organization. Most of his information comes from Main Stream Media and he's been guided by the politically correct stance of American Jewish groups.

I took the opportunity to sell him a copy of my brand-new Dry Bones anthology "Dry Bones Cartoons Fight Back." That led me to think that maybe I should be selling YOU a copy(either for you or for you to pass on to a similarly uninformed friend).

The book is on sale at Amazon http://amazon.com/author/kirschen where, in addition to the (over sized) anthology there's a Kindle copy (and a bookshelf of other Dry Bones books). And if you buy a copy PLEASE leave a review. It would be really helpful.

LordSloth fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 26, 2017

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4820904/ACLU-hammered-tweeting-white-supremacist-photo.html

Political Cartoons 2017: A Goon Full of "No"

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Moddington posted:

Every new Lester, McCoy the Lesser, or Branco toon posted is a new all-time low, so it's a pretty mobile target.

Jeez.

also I apparently forgot about Branco and Dry Bones. Now I wish I moved on and let it stay that way. :(

If asked I would've probably guessed Lester or Muir.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So the Pope is in reference to this I'm betting

EDIT: Holy poo poo. Like, I work CanPol, and most of our guys don't spend this much

Well, John A. did.

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 26, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Koalas March posted:

Was McCoy's "Devos as Ruby Bridges" this year?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
And Ramirez puts himself into the discussion of the biggest doodooheads with a timely cartoon!

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

LordSloth posted:

I want to say that out of all the regulars, it's probably a Dry Bones. Kirschen saw your challenge and is stepping up to the plate.

A really close friend comes to visit and you decide to sell him your book? Not just give it? Way to not be a jewish stereotype, Kirschen.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Koalas March posted:

Jeez.

also I apparently forgot about Branco and Dry Bones. Now I wish I moved on and let it stay that way. :(

If asked I would've probably guessed Lester or Muir.

Muir is banned now, that's the only good news this thread has to offer.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Muir is banned now, that's the only good news this thread has to offer.

Oh and klu klux klurf quit. Came out as a nazi in his last comic to the suprise of no one.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Koalas March posted:

All of them. We have had a large crop of cartoons where the cartoonists openly sided with neo-nazis and other fascist groups.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Koalas March posted:

Here is a link to this year's repository for the gaybies. I'm sure you can find something suitably horrible that someone has already submitted.

I personally say Branco's. Not any specific one, just the collection as a while.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

cheetah7071 posted:

All modern scholarship I've read puts Jefferson as someone whose ideals were in the right place right up until he retired to his farm and realized his slaves having children was the only profitable part of his property, at which point he tied himself in knots to justify why slavery was actually good after all

Early Jefferson was a man whose actions didn't quite live up to his ideals. Late Jefferson was a man who was willing to completely forfeit those ideals for money

Evidence on this?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Sandpuppy posted:

Political Cartoons 2017: A Goon Full of "No"

basics card: In australia, if you go on unemployment benefits (which is ~$212 US per week, paid fortnightly) in certain areas (such as the Northern Territory) then half your payment is "income managed" which sequesters half of it in a separate account and can only be used on "pre-approved" items (groceries, clothing, etc. cigarettes and alcohol are verboten). The "certain areas" portion means that a disproportionate amount of people that have to use the card are indigenous australians.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

HootTheOwl posted:

Evidence on this?

I got it from American Sphinx: The Character of Thomas Jefferson by Joseph Ellis. He seems to be a well-respected historian. I'd have to go back into the book to figure out which primary source he cites for that claim.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Hihohe posted:

Oh and klu klux klurf quit. Came out as a nazi in his last comic to the suprise of no one.

Remember the Twitter poll after he tried to say that you could be 14 without being 88 and his readers immediately proclaimed that they were proudly 1488?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Avirosb posted:

I mean, Trump is at least 7 of those things. That's pretty much confirmed.

Which are the two he's not confirmed to be?

Hihohe posted:

He came out as a Nazi way before then. But honestly, that last one was funny, because he failed to notice that his big strong white nazi guy was speaking Spanish.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 26, 2017

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Fulchrum posted:

Which are the two he's not confirmed to be?

Not yet technically proven to be either a KKK member or an official Russian stooge.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

LordSloth posted:

"My friend was totally misled by his experiences in the country in which he dwells, and by his countrymen. Fortunately, I, a brain damaged old piece of poo poo living [half a world away / vicariously through conservative trash media] was there to set him straight. By telling him to "

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Somfin posted:

Not yet technically proven to be either a KKK member or an official Russian stooge.

I was going with not known to be an actual Klansman and hasn't invaded Poland or committed genocide so not technically Hitler 2.0.
Because he's pretty obviously a Russian stooge.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Somfin posted:

The latter is definitely proven given how much of a butt boy he is for Putin. Its that he himself officially collaborated with the RUssians to tamper with the election that we don't have the totality of proof for. Everyone knows it, but Mueller is assembling the proof. And wasn't Trump in the KKK years ago?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

The latter is definitely proven given how much of a butt boy he is for Putin. Its that he himself officially collaborated with the RUssians to tamper with the election that we don't have the totality of proof for. Everyone knows it, but Mueller is assembling the proof. And wasn't Trump in the KKK years ago?

His father was in the KKK, not Trump himself.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Silver2195 posted:

His father was in the KKK, not Trump himself.

So far as we know. Though by the time Donnie was old enough to join the Klan it was very much on the decline.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

sheep-dodger posted:

Remember the Twitter poll after he tried to say that you could be 14 without being 88 and his readers immediately proclaimed that they were proudly 1488?

Okay I know 1488 is a Neo-Nazi thing but I thought to two were inseparable?

Also just because I want to learn a thing, what exactly is 1488 about?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Renaissance Spam posted:

14 is the fourteen words, 88 is Heil Hitler, cause H is the eighth letter.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Renaissance Spam posted:

Fourteen words, or: We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children.

The 88 is a reference to H being the 8th letter of the alphabet, translating to 'HH' which is their shorthand for 'Heil Hitler'

It's a separation that doesn't have any meaning whatsoever.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Renaissance Spam posted:

14 = the fourteen words
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Words

88 = HH = Heil Hitler

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Well I learned a thing.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Renaissance Spam posted:

Well I learned a thing.

1488 things to be exact.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Office Pig posted:

It's a separation that doesn't have any meaning whatsoever.

now I'm all for the supremacy of the white race and all but you don't have to be mean about it like that nasty Adolf fellow (this in a sensible centrist voice)

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Angepain posted:

now I'm all for the supremacy of the white race and all but you don't have to be mean about it like that nasty Adolf fellow (this in a sensible centrist voice)

Fascism and racism aren't the same thing. You can have racism without fascism (not sure about the converse). Woodrow Wilson was an economic progressive and immensely racist. A lot of pre-Southern Strategy Democrats were, actually.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Hihohe posted:

Who is this?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Not only is this a lovely cartoon but this is pretty much copying the Lester cartoon of Rush right down to the conservative being spray painted on the wall

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Koalas March posted:

The one by Garrison where he depicts trump as trying to Maga into the sun is so loving bad on every level. Sure it's not the most offensive, or the most vile, but it is simply the worst.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

toanoradian posted:

Who is this?

Look up red panels and face the shitshed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

HootTheOwl posted:

The one by Garrison where he depicts trump as trying to Maga into the sun is so loving bad on every level. Sure it's not the most offensive, or the most vile, but it is simply the worst.

Garrison's up there in worst ones this year, really. Starting with the McCain tumor one, he was going all-out on blatantly horrible things. Though at the same time in this past week alone Branco put out as many pro-Nazi or otherwise abhorrent cartoons as Garrison did in that entire timespan I think, so he is fair to consider the worst too like some have.

• Locked thread