Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Kevin White wasn't drafted. Would you drop John Brown for him?

1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST, Half PPR:

QB: Luck, Carr
RB: Gurley, Rawls, Riddick, White, Prosise, Burkhead
WR: Julio, Cooper, Diggs, Sanders, John Brown
TE: Kelce

I'll probably wait until tonight to see if Brown plays, but between the coach and his lack of playing time it's hard to maintain enthusiasm.

Chris Thompson is also available, as is Chris Carson.
John Brown has as much upside as White, if not more, since he has actually been a good NFL receiver at some point. I'd probably hold onto him over White.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Alfalfa posted:

A Cooper, D Adams, S. Diggs, S Watkins, R Anderson, C Meredith

Bell, Fournette, Gillislee, & Prosise are RB's

I'm hurting at QB (Luck & Taylor) (for now) and TE though (Ertz)

Ertz will be fine at TE. But who is his TE? If he's desperate for Hogan, try Hogan/Prosise/Ertz for Martin/his TE.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Agronox posted:

Those are tough. A 12-team league I used to be in drafted in person last week, with two of the guys on the phone. They get halfway through the draft and someone asks Jon, "You still there? Why aren't you bidding on anybody?" Jon replies that he doesn't have much money after blowing $78 on David Johnson.

The room goes quiet. Yes, David Johnson went for $78, but to someone else. The auctioneer had just said "sold for $78" and wrote down the name of the winning bidder without announcing it. He never heard Jon's bid in the commotion.

So, that was a Bad Draft. Also, it took five hours.

jesus christ, an auction draft with multiple people calling in sounds like as close to hell as I can imagine a draft.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/jocktodoc/status/901442393194496001

I've also read it could be a 2-8 week timetable.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Ok. Finished my NO PPR draft. 12 man. #12 out of 12 spot. Wasn't planning on picking a WR early, but it was AJ Green or Gurley. Jordan Howard was there too, but I am legitimately that down on Howard.

new Wentz order:

QB: Wentz
RB: DeMarco Murray
RB: Marshawn Lynch
WR: AJ Green
WR: Devante Parker
TE: Jimmy Graham
FLEX: Mark ingram
K: Sturgis
DEF: Cincinnati

Bench:
Derrick Henry
Adrian Peterson
Kareem Hunt
Matthew Stafford
Cooper Kupp
Kenny Britt

To note there are only 24 moves in the entire season I can make. So thus my handcuffing.

Also, I have the #1 waiver wire pick.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
What's the general consensus on Joe Mixon? I keep seeing him on various sleeper lists as a guy who could be a top 10 or 15 RB, but I have no idea what the backfield situation is like in Cincy. I'm doing a draft through email and it's coming up on my 4th round pick, and I'm wondering if it's too early to reach for Mixon, or to pick someone safer but more boring, like Lamar Miller or Isaiah Crowell (and also I've heard that Miller could lose carries and I have no faith in anyone on the Browns). It's a 10-team, 2 RB 1 flex, non-PPR league, and I only have McCoy at RB so far. There are a dozen picks between my 4th and 5th round choices, and it's pretty much a crapshoot as to whether Mixon would make it back: only 2 of the 6 teams have drafted 2+ RBs and picks have been a little erratic. Thanks!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Or he could be a total bust with Hunt taking over the bellcow role.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

What's the general consensus on Joe Mixon? I keep seeing him on various sleeper lists as a guy who could be a top 10 or 15 RB, but I have no idea what the backfield situation is like in Cincy. I'm doing a draft through email and it's coming up on my 4th round pick, and I'm wondering if it's too early to reach for Mixon, or to pick someone safer but more boring, like Lamar Miller or Isaiah Crowell (and also I've heard that Miller could lose carries and I have no faith in anyone on the Browns). It's a 10-team, 2 RB 1 flex, non-PPR league, and I only have McCoy at RB so far. There are a dozen picks between my 4th and 5th round choices, and it's pretty much a crapshoot as to whether Mixon would make it back: only 2 of the 6 teams have drafted 2+ RBs and picks have been a little erratic. Thanks!

Is Hunt taken?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Or he could be a total bust with Hunt taking over the bellcow role.

I absolutely think he's lost the starting job for the season.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

Is Hunt that good? Even with Ware's injury, ESPN still has Hunt ranked below all of those guys, and it seems like there's a lot of uncertainty over how long Ware could be out/what his role would be when he returns.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Is Hunt that good? Even with Ware's injury, ESPN still has Hunt ranked below all of those guys, and it seems like there's a lot of uncertainty over how long Ware could be out/what his role would be when he returns.

He looked good last night and everyone has been saying his ADP will jump into the 4th round now.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Silly Burrito posted:

First offer: I'd have Brown, Thomas, and pick #13. I'd be giving up picks #1 and #28.

Second offer: I'd have Brown, Thomas and pick #28. I'd be giving up pick #1.

In the first offer, I may still be able to snag DeMarco Murray at pick #13. Maybe not. In the second offer, my RBs start with Crowell/Lynch/Miller or whoever is left.

We go on a 2-1-0 cycle of keepers. Next year in 2018, there will be no keepers at all, so whoever you have on your team now does not matter next year. Everyone goes back into the pool.

In 2019, you will get to keep two keepers from your 2018 team. There are no round penalties. You just keep two players and start drafting at essentially round 3.

In 2020, you get to keep one keeper from your 2019 team. Still no penalties, you basically start at round 2.

In 2021, we wipe the slate clean again and every player is placed in the general pool again.

This year is like the year 2020 example above. So if I get Antonio Brown, I only get him this year. I can't keep him or anyone else next year.

Well, had our draft today and he didn't want to take my first offer, and I didn't want his second offer. He ended up trading Antonio Brown to the guy with the sixth pick, effectively giving him Jay Ajayi.

Here's our draft board. I'm at the #1 position, and that's our keepers at the top, so round 2 is where we basically started. Weird draft. Someone got four defenses, so :shrug:. I think it turned out ok for me, even though I didn't get Antonio Brown. Threw a lottery ticket at Chris Carson, even though I already have two Seattle players. The Saints defense pick by me was a joke, even though I hope they turn out good in real life :ohdear:.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

pubic works project posted:

Ertz will be fine at TE. But who is his TE? If he's desperate for Hogan, try Hogan/Prosise/Ertz for Martin/his TE.

His is Rudolph so I'll probably just stick with Ertz and hope I can use hogan or some other WR's for trade bait later.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

89 posted:

I dunno what you're Doug Martining about, but my RBs are

LeSean McCoy
Melvin Gordon
Mark Ingram
Tevin Coleman
Terrance West
Rex Burkhead
Jonathan Williams

I have Brady & Jimmy Graham as well. Mariota on my bench, which was an alcohol move that could have been something like Tyrell Williams instead or Maclin

EDIT: oh, you were talking to the other guy lolz

No, I was talking to you. Hogan is going to be your wr2. Don't trade hogan for Martin who is suspended 3 games so you will only have 10 games of Martin.

You already have 3 good RBs. Don't dump your wr2 for a rb3/rb4.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Hogan is gonna be great for him, but i wouldn't call him his WR2 over Fitzgerald/Hilton. Unless another key offensive piece goes down for NE.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

VietCampo posted:

Hogan is gonna be great for him, but i wouldn't call him his WR2 over Fitzgerald/Hilton. Unless another key offensive piece goes down for NE.

I'm just afraid of the dog poo poo TY is gonna be without Luck.

And I was never gonna trade for Martin, that's the other guy lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

89 posted:

I'm just afraid of the dog poo poo TY is gonna be without Luck.

Yes, but Hogan has to contend with Gronk, Cooks, White, Mitchell, and all the other RBs. We don't know what Edelman's line would've looked like this year after the Pats added Cooks and Gronk got (and hopefully will stay) healthy, but Hogan is going to be significantly below that.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Kevin White wasn't drafted. Would you drop John Brown for him?

1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST, Half PPR:

QB: Luck, Carr
RB: Gurley, Rawls, Riddick, White, Prosise, Burkhead
WR: Julio, Cooper, Diggs, Sanders, John Brown
TE: Kelce

I'll probably wait until tonight to see if Brown plays, but between the coach and his lack of playing time it's hard to maintain enthusiasm.

Chris Thompson is also available, as is Chris Carson.
Brown is alive again!

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/901592122322706432

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Hilton still ended as a high end WR2 the year Luck only played 7 games, he'll be largely fine unless Luck ends up missing the whole season.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Drop Burkhead for John Brown?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

VietCampo posted:

Charity bet? $10 to whatever you want? Half ppr, Hogan beats one of those two by 5pts. Injuries count.

:toxx:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Whew! I was able to grab John Brown in one of my leagues. He was drafted in another.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

Drop Burkhead for John Brown?

If you're serious, yes.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If you're serious, yes.

Yeah, after that second John Brown TD, I mashed that drop button on Burkhead

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

Charity bet? $10 to whatever you want? Half ppr, Hogan beats one of those two by 5pts. Injuries count.

:toxx:

If i made a charity bet for everytime i had a differing opinion here, i'd have about hundreds on the line.

I still highly doubt Hogan finishes higher than either.

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

I have brained my damage.
No one is worried about John Brown's sickle cell issue? The talk prior to this season seemed to indicate he could miss a few games because of it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Saddamnit posted:

No one is worried about John Brown's sickle cell issue? The talk prior to this season seemed to indicate he could miss a few games because of it.

The prevailing assumption is that his performance last year was due to a cyst in his spine. The sickle cell trait will cause him to recover more slowly from injuries, but if his upside is what we saw today it's worth the late round pick.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Season 5 of GoonTier is officially on. It's a promotion/relegation keeper/dynasty hybrid with IDP slots.

We've got 1-3 spots opening up and only one person currently on our waiting list. So if you want in, now's your chance to claim a spot.

New thread can be found here.

Zypher fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 27, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Just finished my keeper draft and i'm actually feeling nice about it. RB's are a bit concerning after Murray but i think i ended up in a good spot.

12 teams 10th pick
1 PPR 6 PPTD with return yards. K means a keeper and round.

QB - Brees
RB - Demarco Murray
RB - Mark Ingram
WR - Jordy Nelson (K9)
WR - Michael Thomas
TE - Kyle Rudolph
FLEX - Stefon Diggs
K - Prater
DEF - Giants
BN - Tyreek Hill (K10)
BN - Duke Johnson
BN - Bilal Powell
BN - Michael Crabtree
BN - Jamaal Williams

Thoughts?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

VietCampo posted:

Just finished my keeper draft and i'm actually feeling nice about it. RB's are a bit concerning after Murray but i think i ended up in a good spot.

12 teams 10th pick
1 PPR 6 PPTD with return yards. K means a keeper and round.

QB - Brees
RB - Demarco Murray
RB - Mark Ingram
WR - Jordy Nelson (K9)
WR - Michael Thomas
TE - Kyle Rudolph
FLEX - Stefon Diggs
K - Prater
DEF - Giants
BN - Tyreek Hill (K10)
BN - Duke Johnson
BN - Bilal Powell
BN - Michael Crabtree
BN - Jamaal Williams

Thoughts?

I think that's a good team for picking 10th. RB is a bit weak, but the fact that it's PPR means that Duke and Bilal have more value.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

89 posted:

Yeah, after that second John Brown TD, I mashed that drop button on Burkhead
You should've dropped someone else.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Just finished our draft. 15 teams, standard scoring.

QB Cam Newton, Alex Smith
RB LeSean McCoy, Marshawn Lynch, Joe Mixon, Latavius Murray
WR Terrelle Pryor, Tyreek Hill, Brandon Marshal, Tavon Austin
TE Zach Ertz, Evan Engram
DEF Houston
K Janikowski

Don't know enough to know how I should feel about this draft, but I think I did okay.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Tiptoes posted:

You should've dropped someone else.

Would have either been Burkhead or

Rishard Matthews's
Jonathan Williams (handcuff)
Chris Hogan

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Goons please help I need a clever and SFW fantasy team name for my workplace league. Suggestions? :(

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

89 posted:

Rishard Matthews's
Chris Hogan

I would have dropped Rishard.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I think Rishard is gonna ball

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FAT BATMAN posted:

Goons please help I need a clever and SFW fantasy team name for my workplace league. Suggestions? :(

https://fantasyteamadvice.com/best-funny-fantasy-football-team-names/

1 Hangin’ with Mr. Hernandez Aaron Hernandez
2 Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood Aaron Rodgers
3 Hooked on a Thielen Adam Thielen
4 AP’s Daycare Adrian Peterson
5 Alshon of the Dead Alshon Jeffery
6 Cooper Troopers Amari Cooper
7 Make AmariCarr Great Again Amari Cooper / Derek Carr
8 Abdullah Oblongata Ameer Abdullah
9 Benn the Knee Arrelious Benn
10 What can Brown do for you? Antonio Brown
11 American Hoyer Story Brian Hoyer
12 BlakeLivesMatter Blake Bortles
13 Teenage Mutant Ninja Bortles Blake Bortles
14 No such thing as halfway Cooks Brandin Cooks
15 Forgetting Brandon Marshall Brandon Marshall
16 Mr. Anderson C.J. Anderson
17 McCaffrican Camericans Christian McCaffrey / Cam Newton
18 Hyde and Zeke Carlos Hyde / Ezekiel Elliott
19 Wentz Upon a Time Carson Wentz
20 Cobbfefe Cobb / Trump
21 Two Gurleys One Kupp Cooper Kupp / Todd Gurley
22 Neverending Corey Corey Davis
23 Dak to the Future Dak Prescott
24 Dalvin and the Chipmunks Dalvin Cook
25 My Johnson is Burfict David Johnson / Vontaze Burfict
26 Duke Nuk’em Deandre Hopkins
27 Delanie Walker, Titans Ranger Delanie Walker
28 DeMarco Rubio Demarco Murray
29 De more de maryius Demaryius Thomas
30 Forte Ounces to Freeman Devonta Freeman / Matt Forte
31 The Walking Dez Dez Bryant
32 Dezpacito Dez Bryant
33 Teach me how to Dougie Doug Martin
34 Breesus, King of the Drews Drew Brees
35 Taste the Dwaynebowe Dwayne Bowe
36 The Play Book of Eli Eli Manning
37 Erect Dicker Eric Decker
38 Lets Get PhyZekiel Ezekiel Elliott
39 Zeke and Destroy Ezekiel Elliott
40 Run CMC Christian McCaffrey
41 Multiple Goregasms Frank Gore
42 The Knights who say giovanNI Giovanni Bernard
43 Golden Tate Warriors Golden Tate
44 Dix out for Harambe (or Diggs out) HaHa Clinton Dix / Stephon Diggs
45 Counting Crowells Isaiah Crowell
46 1.21 JJWatts J.J. Watt
47 Turn down for Watt J.J. Watt
48 Watt me Whip, Watt me J.J. J.J. Watt
49 Insane Clowney Posse Jadeveon Clowney
50 Gotta Catch Jamaal Jamaal Charles
51 Almost Jameis Jameis Winston
52 Jacking Goff to Gurley pics Jared Goff / Todd Gurley
53 Dirty Landry Jarvis Landry
54 Jeremy Hillbillies Jeremy Hill
55 Carry on my Langford Son Jeremy Langford
56 Maclin on your Gurley Jeremy Maclin / Todd Gurley
57 InstaJimmyGraham Jimmy Graham
58 Glengary John Ross John Ross
59 My Mixon a box Joe Mixon
60 Mind Reeder Jordan Reed
61 Jordy Wanna Ride Jordy Nelson
62 Ladies and Edelman Julian Edelman
63 Game of Jones Julio Jones
64 Yippee Kai A Justin Tucker Justin Tucker
65 Thats Hedley! Lamar Miller Lamar Miller
66 LaQuontum Physics Laquon Treadwell
67 Le’Veon my Wayward Son Le’Veon Bell
68 Le’Veon a prayer Le’Veon Bell
69 Little Red Fournette Leonard Fournette
70 Fournette’s Nest Leonard Fournette
71 Backfields and McCoys LeSean McCoy
72 Super Mariota Bros. Marcus Mariota
73 Team is metric. Measured Ingrams Mark Ingram
74 My Favorite Marshawn Marshawn Lynch
75 InGorious Staffords Matthew Stafford / Frank Gore
76 Melvin and the Chipmunks Melvin Gordon
77 Stairway to Evans Mike Evans
78 Suh-icide Squad Ndamukong Suh
79 Flowers for Agholor Nelson Agholor
80 OBJYN Odell Beckham Jr.
81 Slob on my Cobb Randall Cobb
82 Gronk if you love Breesus Rob Gronkowski / Drew Brees
83 ABC, Easy as RG3 Robert Griffin III
84 Every day I’m Russell’n Russell Wilson
85 Tannesaurus Rex Ryan Tannehill
86 Elementary my dear Watkins Sammy Watkins
87 Rage Against the Vereen Shane Vereen
88 Rebel Yeldon T.J. Yeldon
89 Troubled Bridgewaters Teddy Bridgewater
90 They see my Rawlin’ Thomas Rawls
91 Gurley Gone Wild Todd Gurley
92 The Brady Bunch Tom Brady
93 Romophobic Tony Romo
94 Kelce You Again Travis Kelce
95 Eifert in your general direction Tyler Eifert
96 Pop it and Lockett Tyler Lockett
97 Taylor Park Boys Tyrod Taylor
98 Need for Snead Willie Snead
99 My Ball Zach Ertz Zach Ertz
100 It Ertz when Eifert Zach Ertz / Tyler Eifert

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

89 posted:

Rishard Matthews's
Chris Hogan
Should've dropped your handcuff instead of Burkhead.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

FAT BATMAN posted:

https://footballabsurdity.com/2017/08/18/hunter-henry-hippos-the-ultimate-fantasy-football-team-name-guide/

This has some of the most amazing groan worthy names

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

FAT BATMAN posted:

I always go with "It Ertz when Eifert" for my clean leagues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

89 posted:

I think Rishard is gonna ball

He only moderately balled last year, and Titans added Decker and Davis. Even if he's still the WR1 in the offense, them plus Walker will siphon a lot more away from Matthews than Sharpe and Walker did in 2016.

• Locked thread