Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Real hurthling! posted:

This is what i said for about 9 days after launch.

It's still good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Is this review embargo typical of Ubisoft?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I must suck at Arms. I can't defeat Hedlok at all on Level 4 difficulty of the solo campaign, which is the easiest he can get. I can beat other fighters on a higher difficulty but just can't beat the last guy.

Wtf am I doing wrong?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Astro7x posted:

I must suck at Arms. I can't defeat Hedlok at all on Level 4 difficulty of the solo campaign, which is the easiest he can get. I can beat other fighters on a higher difficulty but just can't beat the last guy.

Wtf am I doing wrong?

You'll eventually get past him, but if you wanna cheese him easy pick master mummy with the megatons and never stop punching. Ai can't deal with those big rear end arms coming at them

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DalaranJ posted:

Is this review embargo typical of Ubisoft?

It's typical of lots of stuff

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah most review embargos are day before or day of release if a publisher is sending the game out early.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I can't find anyone who will sell me this game early :(

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

In that strangely nice intro for rabbids there's statues of waluigi and wario hidden away so I'm now going to be bummed out if they somehow aren't in this.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

TVs Ian posted:

How about DIY white, gold, clear, or teal?

I admit, part of me likes the Super Famicom/New 3DS colored buttons on those, and if there were a SNES Gray set I'd consider it, but I'd rather collect more of the official colors first. Really want a Splatoon set and the Red/Blue to match my Blue/Red.

gently caress my poo poo up with those clear cases

gently caress

E: does that also come with the colored buttons and tools to open everything?

Dizz fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 26, 2017

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

How do you switch focus in arms in two Vs two?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Frankston posted:

How do you switch focus in arms in two Vs two?

Press up on the d-pad

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Dizz posted:

gently caress my poo poo up with those clear cases

gently caress

E: does that also come with the colored buttons and tools to open everything?

It seems to include the buttons, but it doesn't say anything about tools. I haven't opened any of my Switch stuff, but usually it's a tri-wing screwdriver and some kind of pry tool that you can find on Amazon.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Playing the arms test punch has confirmed my suspicion that the game is bad and not purchasing it was the correct decision

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Frankston posted:

Playing the arms test punch has confirmed my suspicion that the game is bad and not purchasing it was the correct decision

My impression of it is a bit different. Using the motion controls, there is a level of physicality to it. I kinda like it. Is it perfect? No. But it's scratching some kind of itch, otherwise I wouldn't play until 100 coins. Twice. It's certainly making me sweat while playing, so I guess it's good exercise? I do have to wipe my Joy-cons with a paper towel after a session.

I'll probably pick up a copy at one point. And some silicon casing for the Joy-cons.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I'm in debt, but I'm still going to steal a copy of Mario + Rabbids.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Don't steal.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Wendell posted:

Don't steal.

It's not stealing, it's disrupting the traditional model of business transactions for luxury products.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
the game seems to have enough to merit 60 bucks, just buy it

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Wendell posted:

Don't steal.

im a criminal

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Don't steal unless you're getting it for me.

I wish I knew where my loving tri screwdriver is so i could order those joycon covers.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

a.lo posted:

im a criminal

Crimes

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I just had a nice medium boneless ribeye steak and green beans sautéed with shallots and garlic. I will now play my Switch. The Switch is good

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
loving meat eater...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rexroom posted:

My impression of it is a bit different. Using the motion controls, there is a level of physicality to it. I kinda like it. Is it perfect? No. But it's scratching some kind of itch, otherwise I wouldn't play until 100 coins. Twice. It's certainly making me sweat while playing, so I guess it's good exercise? I do have to wipe my Joy-cons with a paper towel after a session.

I'll probably pick up a copy at one point. And some silicon casing for the Joy-cons.

Just keep playing the free weekends when new characters come out so you dont get bored of how one note it is

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Arms is in the $30 section for me, which I feel bad about because I like when developers try new things. It just doesn't click for me. I dig the idea and the character design, but the actual fighting is iffy. Maybe if I improve ill feel different, but for now I dont have enough fun playing it to justify $60.

Thanks for listening to my useless arms review

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I just had a nice medium boneless ribeye steak and green beans sautéed with shallots and garlic. I will now play my Switch. The Switch is good

You stole that steak.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ARMS is good

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Wendell posted:

You stole that steak.

I downloaded a steak ROM from the Internet :evilbuddy:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So how does XB2 look? Can you change your outfit and your titty sword girlfriend's outfit or are you stuck looking like a doofus with the chaps and the diving helmet

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

If it's like the other Xenoblade games, then all of the armor you find will be stupider and/or hornier than the default armor.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Supercar Gautier posted:

If it's like the other Xenoblade games, then all of the armor you find will be stupider and/or hornier than the default armor.

Who'd have thought body oil on a bare chest was better armor than reinforced titanium plating?

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Who'd have thought body oil on a bare chest was better armor than reinforced titanium plating?

*raises hand slowly*

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So I was thinking... I would play Hearthstone on the Switch........ just a thought Blizz......

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Re: Bravely Chat:

I've had BD forever and just kinda quit playing it, so I restarted a file and the game definitely rules. I do hope that Bravely Second has shorter cut scenes though.

Bravely Switch would get my money very quickly, but I've still got to beat BotW and then probably I Am Setsuna after that. I hope Setsuna has some of the quality of life improvements BD has because being able to drop encounter rates if I want to backtrack is awesome.

On the fly difficulty changing is very good, too. I had a tough time beating the summoner last night because I lost track of turn timing, so dropping that one to Easy made a big difference. Especially because skipping the ten minute cutscene before that fight was still a pain in the dick.

Lost Sphear hits in January, too, so that's exciting. I'd be most hype for Golden Sun on the Switch. Never beat the DS one, though, so maybe I'll give that a shot.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Macaluso posted:

So I was thinking... I would play Hearthstone on the Switch........ just a thought Blizz......

Just get it on a tablet or something

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dizz posted:

Just get it on a tablet or something

I don't own a tablet... besides the Switch. SOOOOOOOO

Edit: I mean I have an iPhone but screen small

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Macaluso posted:

simple solution; sell the iPhone, then the Switch, get a nice tablet to play digital card game

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Tablets from 2007 can play youtube

Can the switch?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

TheHoosier posted:

Arms is in the $30 section for me, which I feel bad about because I like when developers try new things. It just doesn't click for me. I dig the idea and the character design, but the actual fighting is iffy. Maybe if I improve ill feel different, but for now I dont have enough fun playing it to justify $60.

Thanks for listening to my useless arms review

why would you pay 30 bucks for a game you dont even enjoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Have Platinum Games said anything about Bayonetta / W101 ports? I have the games on Wii U, but never got around to actually buying a Wii U. Thing is, even if I bought a used Wii U it wouldn't be much cheaper than a Switch. I bought the games to support Platinum so I don't mind double dipping, but I'd like to play them before I die from old age.

Also, any word about the HD Zeldas on the Switch?

Edit: Holy crap what's with Nintendo and overpriced controllers?

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Aug 27, 2017

• Locked thread