Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

We are recurring so much offensive awesomeness this cycle my brain can't understand it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

My hot take is I do t like when my teams rivals recruit well. That's all

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/DavidFurones_/status/897622729033121794

hell yeah

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA got a receiver which is cool and good and apparently a few more folks coming along this week maybe for 2018

https://twitter.com/e_moore03/status/897616531504472064

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Some dude named Shocky Jacques-Louis committed to UT. 3* WR out of FL but that name is pretty rad

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
DJ Johnson picks Iowa over notre dame and goes from 4 stars to 3 on 24/7 the same day this is a gotdang conspiracy

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
Saw where Asa Martin committed to Auburn today. Great opportunity for him. But I'm interested to see how he fares in a major conference.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Just checked in on 24/7 again, and Herman is doing work here in the early goings. I'm sure other teams will load up a lot between now and February, and if we're mediocre this year we'll lose some of these early commits, but still impressive. Recruits seem to be responding to our weirdo dbag coach.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee lands a commit from 4-star CB Jaycee Horn.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Tennessee lands a commit from 4-star CB Jaycee Horn.

His dad is former NFL receiver Joe Horn, the guy that pulled the cell phone out from under an uprights pad after a TD

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

this Trevor Lawrence kid is gonna be pretty good imo

https://twitter.com/ClemsonEditz_/s...617606272143360

https://twitter.com/_sam_butler/sta...626120713457668

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Joey Gatewood is bad

Come to FSU Justin Fields pls oh god

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

lamentable dustman posted:

this Trevor Lawrence kid is gonna be pretty good imo

Yea, he's got a cannon. They said Quincy Patterson had a better arm at the Elite 11. :getin:

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Go win the Heimlich Trophy!

That's a cannon arm. The only thing I thought he could work on from last night was that he pulls his arm back a lot farther than he needs to, which isn't a Tebow wind-up by any means, but is the type of thing that causes fumbles when you get hit and some batted passes.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

pillsburysoldier posted:

Joey Gatewood is bad

Come to FSU Justin Fields pls oh god

My co-worker's nephew plays for bartram and mentioned that the guy Gatewood splits time with, Riley Smith, looked like the better QB. They were lining up Gatewood in different spots though this past game, he was in at receiver for the potential game winning play.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Dude I know who at least kinda knows what he's talking about is convinced Gatewood never plays a significant down at Auburn.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
I've seen Gatewood play in person. On looks and physique alone, he reminds me of Josh Freeman, but more athletic. Problem is that he is very bad at QB. Back when he was still a sophomore, one of my friends who covers recruiting swore he was only getting hype/rankings on his measurables (which are impressive), but nothing to do with his actual skill. I've seen nothing to dispute that claim from 2+ years ago.

I know he wanted to go to FSU pretty bad, but I'd wager that he feels like he might actually get a shot to play QB at AU.

Now if he is ever convinced to switch positions, AU could have a hell of a player.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Doronin posted:

I've seen Gatewood play in person. On looks and physique alone, he reminds me of Josh Freeman, but more athletic. Problem is that he is very bad at QB. Back when he was still a sophomore, one of my friends who covers recruiting swore he was only getting hype/rankings on his measurables (which are impressive), but nothing to do with his actual skill. I've seen nothing to dispute that claim from 2+ years ago.

I know he wanted to go to FSU pretty bad, but I'd wager that he feels like he might actually get a shot to play QB at AU.

Now if he is ever convinced to switch positions, AU could have a hell of a player.

No need to be redundant

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA just offered Field's favorite WR and good friend a spot as a preferred walk on. Currently the dude only has offers from Air Force, but if it gets us a shot at getting Fields, that'd be cool.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Just how many people here are from Jax?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/surtainjr/status/902933755454775298

https://twitter.com/corral_matt/status/902941019590713344

gators?

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
Just chiming in to say that after seeing James Cook (Dalvin's little brother) play in person, holy poo poo he can ball. Georgia is going to get a really outstanding replacement for Chubb and Michel when he finally announces.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/AllKindsWeather/status/912414754211278848

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Awesome.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

One less reason to keep Mac.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Doronin posted:

Just chiming in to say that after seeing James Cook (Dalvin's little brother) play in person, holy poo poo he can ball. Georgia is going to get a really outstanding replacement for Chubb and Michel when he finally announces.

Thats cool, we can add him in with Swift, Holyfield, Herrien, and Zeus.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/corral_matt/status/914371848627920896

:shrug:

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Reading that makes me feel really old for some reason.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

His father was a pretty good Offensive Tackle in the NFL.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
VT's about to land a commit Friday from a local kid named Cole Beck that almost didn't have an offer. He's a good-not-great RB who camped at VT two years in a row and couldn't earn an offer because apparently he has stone hands but NCSU, UNC, Pitt, WVU, and a host of other schools offered. He plays for Blacksburg HS and I've seen him play a couple times and I could take or leave him. Fans raised a lot of fuss for weeks about him not getting an offer, arguments being based on anything from his skin color (he's white) to where he plays (SWVA football produces better teams but not better players by and large than their 757 or 804 or NOVA counterparts). Eventually the staff came around and offered him out of the blue but had to recruit hard to land him as he was pretty spurned initially and is not actually from the area but moved there a few years ago.

The real point however, and the reason a lot of people wanted him offered period, is his speed. He is probably the fastest recruit in the country this year and at worst top 3. He ran a 10.41 100m (runner-up at outdoor nationals) and a 6.36 55m (top 10 national time), he is absurdly fast. He set the 100m and 200m all-class records for Virginia last year, too.

I guess the staff realized what the rest of us did, that such speed in your backyard is worth a risk regardless, especially when if you fail to offer you'd be playing against him every year. I'm not entirely sure what will happen to him as a RB but I think if he can prove competent at catching the ball that Fuente will put him in the right spot to do some real damage.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 4, 2017

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Crotch Bat posted:

The real point however, and the reason a lot of people wanted him offered period, is his speed. He is probably the fastest recruit in the country this year and at worst top 3. He ran a 10.41 100m (runner-up at outdoor nationals) and a 6.36 55m (top 10 national time), he is absurdly fast. He set the 100m and 200m all-class records for Virginia last year, too.

Not as a dick waving moment, but Tech's got a WR commit that's faster. Kesean Carter ran a 10.32 100m at the Texas state championships and a 10.35 at the US Juniors.

Anyone got a faster dude?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Fields makes his decision tomorrow

BunLengthHotDog
Jun 30, 2003

Good Game

KKKLIP ART posted:

Fields makes his decision tomorrow

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

All the ~*~*~INSIDERS~*~*~ are moving their crystal balls to UGA and apparently he isn't going to go to some FSU event, so folks are saying the writing is on the wall and he is going to recommit to PSU pick UGA.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

KKKLIP ART posted:

All the ~*~*~INSIDERS~*~*~ are moving their crystal balls to UGA and apparently he isn't going to go to some FSU event, so folks are saying the writing is on the wall and he is going to recommit to PSU pick UGA.

FSU loving sucks and will get him killed behind our poo poo offensive line. He deserves to go somewhere that gives a poo poo about his safety

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

pillsburysoldier posted:

FSU loving sucks and will get him killed behind our poo poo offensive line. He deserves to go somewhere that gives a poo poo about his safety

IDK, seems like safteies may be plentiful with that line

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

drewhead posted:

IDK, seems like safteies may be plentiful with that line

noice

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Fields picked UGA

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
How on earth does a school not named Bama get so many 5* QBs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Here is my super hot take: Kirby is a good recruiter and I think fields knows that if Fromm keeps the job, Eason leaves to go to somewhere else so he can take a redshirt and have 2 or 3 as starter depending on how things go, if not win the job outright. Now I know there were a ton of players who said they want to play with fields so this could end up starting a huge domino effect on other croots coming to town.

• Locked thread