Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Skwirl posted:

What ended up happening in the fight? Mayweather hosed around with McGregor until the Irish bastard got tired in the 6th then just laid into until the ref stopped the fight?

Floyd took four rounds off at the beginning and Conor gassed, then Floyd beat him up for a while. McGregor landed a few punches so good for him.

BlindSite posted:

Please don't be a retard and say mayweather toyed with McGregor.

He fights defensively for the first few rounds in all of his fights true enough but Mcgregor definitely found his home for his left and was hitting him way more than was in his [Floyd's] game plan.

Conors round wins were legit.

Floyd definitely wasn't trying to win those rounds though. He threw like 8 punches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mayweather always coasts early to find patterns to exploit.

If he loses rounds he doesn't give a gently caress.

This is different to deliberately letting conor land hard shots.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Death note couldve been an hour longer and been a lot better. Still pretty fun movie.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Man that fight where Conor got destroyed in the way Mayweather usually destroys people was different for reasons

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It was kind of sad how you could see Conor's gas tank empty so much that even my wife who doesn't watch non-women's MMA fights was like "drat he's tired"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Someone drunker than I am said he thought McGregor would do well against GGG over in the fight thread :laugh:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

BlindSite posted:

Please don't be a retard and say mayweather toyed with McGregor.

He fights defensively for the first few rounds in all of his fights true enough but Mcgregor definitely found his home for his left and was hitting him way more than was in his [Floyd's] game plan.

Conors round wins were legit.

You're posting like someone who thinks Cam Newton doesn't have the right attitude to win games but Christian Mccaffrey can teach him how.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I think it's great how Conor landed a single significant uppercut and that's turned into him having Floyd on the ropes

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Intruder posted:

It was kind of sad how you could see Conor's gas tank empty so much that even my wife who doesn't watch non-women's MMA fights was like "drat he's tired"

I wasn't too surprised. He struggles past 15 minutes.

The funnier thing was the bias of the commentators calling conor dirty but ignoring Floyd trying to throw elbows three or four times.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

reading intruder go from "conor might win" to sarcastically chiding anyone who thought as much is better than the fight was.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

BlindSite posted:

I wasn't too surprised. He struggles past 15 minutes.

The funnier thing was the bias of the commentators calling conor dirty but ignoring Floyd trying to throw elbows three or four times.

Conor couldn't even outbox Nate Diaz, who I still say won their second fight

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Cavauro posted:

reading intruder go from "conor might win" to sarcastically chiding anyone who thought as much is better than the fight was.

Yeah well vodka was one of my hurricane prep items

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

You're not posting from underwater yet I take it by the way?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Not yet but it's raining really hard now and so many people I know thought it was over after last night so lol at them

Oh wait

I also just got in from standing out in the street for like ten minutes letting the rain wash over me

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chichevache posted:

You're posting like someone who thinks Cam Newton doesn't have the right attitude to win games but Christian Mccaffrey can teach him how.

You get that a guy fighting defensively and his opponent being able to capitalise to their surprise is what happened right?

Suggesting Floyd was happy to eat a tight right hook and straight left as is was all part of the plan is legitimately stupid.

Pacqiao and Berto didnt catch him as cleanly as Conor did inspite of Floyd doing his thing in the early rounds.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Intruder posted:

i am genuinely grateful for everything that propped the fight up. Never Stop vodkaing

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I am currently eating jalapeno cheese sausage while my dog stares at me. Hating me.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Intruder posted:

I agree. Diaz' length and style is very different to how mayweather fought though.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Intruder posted:

6 rounds in and Conor has won at least 4 of them

lol he won the first three rounds that floyd took off and threw like 10 punches combined to let him punch himself out and then floyd did what he wanted after

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm glad Cotto's second to last fight went well by the way.

He's not the absolute best boxer in the world but he's a really damned good boxer and I'll be sad to see him go.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jota posted:

lol he won the first three rounds that floyd took off and threw like 10 punches combined to let him punch himself out and then floyd did what he wanted after

Intruder posted:

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

i respect that.

also i'm very disappointed that stephen a smith and chael sonnen being at the ESPN analyst desk in Vegas together hasn't lead to any hilarious arguments

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

But yeah it was pretty clear that Conor punched himself into exhaustion

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Intruder posted:

Not yet but it's raining really hard now and so many people I know thought it was over after last night so lol at them

Oh wait

I also just got in from standing out in the street for like ten minutes letting the rain wash over me

I'm about one more good rain band from getting water in, I'm sweating that pretty bad right now

I forgot to top off vodka too

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Body shots take away your gas tank like you wouldn't believe too.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol at how low Conor's hands were throughout

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Korranus posted:

I'm about one more good rain band from getting water in, I'm sweating that pretty bad right now

I forgot to top off vodka too

I've gotten cocky, last year I came nowhere close to flooding so I kind of half assed my prep. Aside from the booze

(I have a lot of booze)

Intruder fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Aug 27, 2017

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I'm currently inbetween bands so I'm listening to frogs while nursing whiskey

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm drunk and watching Sweeney Todd

I also just ate a bunch of jalapeno cheddar sausage

Also my windows are shaking from the force of the rain :ohdear:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I've been through floods. It sucks. Stay safe.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I've been drunk playing Madden and hoping my luck in mostly high ground lasts. I come from Louisiana and I'll still never be used to floods but I've hit the point of "welp, can't leave without maybe dying in my car, if I flood I flood".

Also watched the saints wreck the Texans, which leaves me conflicted, and saw McGregor get rocked which made me laugh. Disaster breeds deep emotions.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I just read a comment that may be false that Franklin's burned down?

I mean, I'm supposed to say something snarky about good riddance to bad BBQ because of the eternal BBQ wars but if that's true it's terrible.

e: Actually googled and it appears to be true. :rip:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This 6 days movie is cool af.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Seeing Floyd being aggressive in the last two rounds was fun to watch

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

BlindSite posted:

Death note couldve been an hour longer and been a lot better. Still pretty fun movie.

It was alright.

The good: trimmed out a lot of extraneous bullshit. Ryuk's more actively evil characterization and looks really slick.

The bad: Light is a paunchy dweeb. "L" as an antagonist doesn't entirely work because Light is a dumbass and they're not evenly matched.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol Houston is hosed

The aquarium flooded and all the fish are escaping too

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Quiet Feet posted:

It was alright.

The good: trimmed out a lot of extraneous bullshit. Ryuk's more actively evil characterization and looks really slick.

The bad: Light is a paunchy dweeb. "L" as an antagonist doesn't entirely work because Light is a dumbass and they're not evenly matched.

Death Note is the anime that both the protagonist and antagonist are deeply autistic, right?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

lol Houston is hosed

The aquarium flooded and all the fish are escaping too

I'm imagining some poor guy being eaten by a shark as he swims away from his flooded house

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Seems pretty bad

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/901764113415712768

Also, poo poo, I guess it is actually happening:

Kalli fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Aug 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ehud posted:

I'm imagining some poor guy being eaten by a shark as he swims away from his flooded house

How many heads does this shark have?

• Locked thread