Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
What I hope to see come out of this is one of these doors busted off its hinges and wielded as a weapon by a giant gold baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
lmao just swinging it around sucking people up into its mouth like a vacuum cleaner

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

the old ceremony posted:

i want you all to know that this man is a norwegian lumber thief

I have been meaning to ask him about lumber for a while now.

Vladimir, what is your deal with lumber?

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
he legitimately got paid to steal some wood off one guy's farm for another guy in the frozen backwoods of norway lol

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i like abaddon now because he praised me and i am basically a dog, so i just want to give him some insight into his fanbase demographics

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

The difference was Mottom introduced Allison to how the demiurges operate but Allison herself had no stake in the game, nothing to benefit from the whole human sacrifice testicle tree arrangement except I guess just avoiding conflict with pure evil. It's probable (hopeful) that Allison isn't just going to roll over and accept that whole MO now that it's being done for her benefit but I really hope at least she doesn't manage some magical rear end-pull that bypasses the moral conflict entirely. Her "cheating" this would be a copout of the whole learning to be a better heir to God than the Seven thing, the reason they created an endless empire of cruelty and terror wasn't because they were just so much dumber than the average barista they couldn't see all the better and simpler alternatives for what to do with their power.

Aesma-ing it and just wrassling her way through an endless army of priest-accountants might be an acceptable alternative, though.
I do agree that it switches things around in that it really is directly the result of her choices, and that is definitely a difference.

But it was seeing what Mottom was about that pushed her into deciding "gently caress it, I'm King." Allison was effectively stating that in the same circumstances, she wouldn't have made the compromise Mottom did, even knowing the ramifications. Folding on this would immediately undercut that whole narrative arc. The big narrative question is whether Allison really understands the consequences. Allison making the morally right choice here, drat the repercussions, and realizing there's more to that than she realized - especially unintended consequences, especially if they're to someone else - seems like a necessary step towards the arc in understanding why the demiurges made the choices they did.

Also given the way the story works, even if Allison manages a magical rear end-pull I doubt it will entirely bypass the moral choice. At least, there will be a cost for doing it, in one way or another. Maybe not an immediate one though.

FAKE EDIT: I don't necessarily think Felicia is going to survive, mind, I just don't she's going to get sacrificed to the door for Allison's benefit.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Aug 26, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Fish Noise posted:

What I hope to see come out of this is one of these doors busted off its hinges and wielded as a weapon by a giant gold baby.

BAH GOD, IS THAT THE PURSUERS'S MUSIC I HEAR!?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Fish Noise posted:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Eh, I'm sure the door will be fine if you just feed it something. Like, I dunno, the eye of a certain protagonist that has been heavily foreshadowed as to losing an eye in a future event.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Allison will insist they camp the door for 5 hours while Felicity picks the lock.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
More XP that way.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the door is vegan

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

SunAndSpring posted:

Eh, I'm sure the door will be fine if you just feed it something. Like, I dunno, the eye of a certain protagonist that has been heavily foreshadowed as to losing an eye in a future event.

Why stop at the eye?

https://i.redd.it/svhwtng6xzhz.jpg

Nilbop fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 26, 2017

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

More XP that way.

Trash mobs provide nothing but the unlocking will give an XP bonus and instantly level Felicity up to leather catsuit lady.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Just realized what that face reminded me of.

Seem similar to anyone else?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Screaming, crying faces all look the same to me.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what the hell is that from

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

no idea. Just seen it crop up as a reaction gif.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Tollymain posted:

what the hell is that from

Berserk, which is absolutely a reference for K6BD.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Oxxidation posted:

Berserk, which is absolutely a reference for K6BD.
If somebody wants to check it out, don't watch the new series for the love of YISUN.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Allison should have better timed her murders because she could have killed two birds with one stone and shoved Goldie in the mouth to save Felicia. I presume this is something you learn in cutmaster school?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

PetraCore posted:

Allison should have better timed her murders because she could have killed two birds with one stone and shoved Goldie in the mouth to save Felicia. I presume this is something you learn in cutmaster school?

If demons are like cats, you need to punish immediately or they won't know what is bad behaviour.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIHy2cjUwAAS57g.jpg:large

holy balls that's way more brutal than I thought it would be

edit: sites still down but this is the comic image link from twitter

Guildenstern Mother fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Aug 27, 2017

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Why not just stab the face, is what I want to know.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

My assumption after a few min to take the comic in is that Allison is going to flip poo poo and do a Thing Royally but do it too late and its gonna be bye felicia and also goodbye subtle godhead.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
It turns out the door doesn't actually chew, it just sorta gently suckles on an entire person for a while and later the priests extract and quietly lead them back out of the fortress and leave them to be traumatized for the rest of their lives.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i am a zone

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Kill Six Billion Websites

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
drat it Allison, it's "Kill Six Billion Demons", not "Kill Six Billion Daemons."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Getting another 403 error on the site again.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

coolusername posted:

drat it Allison, it's "Kill Six Billion Demons", not "Kill Six Billion Daemons."

what if it was kill six billion Damons. she just had to kill a bunch of regular dudes named Damon.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

Getting another 403 error on the site again.

that's because the sites still down.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Is there a new strip up this morning? This is the last one I saw

Guildenstern Mother posted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIHy2cjUwAAS57g.jpg:large

holy balls that's way more brutal than I thought it would be

edit: sites still down but this is the comic image link from twitter

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

hey is the site up yet

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

The sanctioned action is to cut (the connection)

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Guys I'm getting a 403 error, I think mammon is involved. Clearly we have to sacrifice a poster.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

shirts and skins posted:

Is there a new strip up this morning? This is the last one I saw

Not that i saw from his twitter (as of 5:30 am PST anyway)

Fish Noise posted:

It turns out the door doesn't actually chew, it just sorta gently suckles on an entire person for a while and later the priests extract and quietly lead them back out of the fortress and leave them to be traumatized for the rest of their lives.

Humans are like everlasting gobstoppers, you gotta savor them.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I volunteer.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I guess the tricky thing drawing it out is that most normal ways of defeating 403 Site Unavailable Due to Insufficient Access just has them reincarnate as 404 Site Unavailable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Slashrat posted:

I guess the tricky thing drawing it out is that most normal ways of defeating 403 Site Unavailable Due to Insufficient Access just has them reincarnate as 404 Site Unavailable
So, what, just kill him a few more times. Nobody's really afraid of 409 All Purpose Cleaner.