Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

The moisture feeder bands literally connect from upper central mexico to Florida because of perfect water and air conditions with I guess osme sort of fuckin god demon resonance that happens when hurricanes stall. check it on this doppler zoomed out:

http://kxan.com/weather/radar/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
https://twitter.com/edballs/status/63623585020915713?lang=en

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
F
U
C
K
Y
O
U
:argh:

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naAdjGRm58U

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

lol im white as their second uniform and the politer i am the madder the fukken bacon gets

have u tried licking their boots

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

KHOU people broadcasting the fall of their city and that guy just a minute ago knew it

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

houston won't be the fourth moth populous city in the united states for much longer

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

VectorSigma posted:

KHOU people broadcasting the fall of their city and that guy just a minute ago knew it

feed jsut cut

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Zyla posted:

feed jsut cut

they dead

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

VectorSigma posted:

This is literally the death of houston as a city that we're witnessing holy fuckin moly

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Houston-dams-are-old-beat-up-and-a-vital-line-of-9199908.php

USACE assessment on Aldrick Dam estimated over 6,000 deaths in a complete failure scenario

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

The thing about human nature is that even in the places where most people have good intentions, there's always 1 shitbag in 20 who inevitably screws it up. Retirement home where someone donates a table to the community room? Someone's gonna break it and ruin it for everyone

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
im sure the trump & abbott administrations will rebuild the city

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

im basically getting a crash course in houston hydrology and holy poo poo what were they smoking when they put a fuckin city here

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

deadgoon posted:

im sure the trump & abbott administrations will rebuild the city

more stupid hat pictures

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Aldrick and Barker Reservoirs are the functional equivalent of Lake Pontchartrain, for the Katrina comparison.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

like, new orleans was hosed so hard by katrina that it never recovered

houston is getting hosed harder and it's a city like 7 times the size of nola

it's ok though i'm sure tormp will handle this unprecedented disaster with all the grace we've come to expect from him

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

A giant hurricane, tornados, and apocalyptic flooding all at the same time :krakken:

drat

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

quote:

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...-of-9199908.php

USACE assessment on Aldrick Dam estimated over 6,000 deaths in a complete failure scenario

People have been all like "Oh, another Hurricane Katrina? well, it sucks, but we have Trump and a Republican Congress who don't want to fund anything, so what can we do :shrug:"

and then there end up being more than five Hurricane Katrina's or three 9/11's worth of deaths. But in 2020, Trump will still run on having kept America safe, and anyone that points out this hurricane will be accused of using human lives for "petty politics"

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

galenanorth posted:

The thing about human nature is that even in the places where most people have good intentions, there's always 1 shitbag in 20 who inevitably screws it up. Retirement home where someone donates a table to the community room? Someone's gonna break it and ruin it for everyone

:yeah:

people are dicks

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

addicks

a dicks

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

double dick post

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
My friend is still in Galveston but she only moved there like two weeks ago. She says an evacuation order hasn't been issued for her area but looking at the map it's hard to imagine that any place is safer than any other.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
emergency officials now telling people not to get into attics.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/TxStormChasers/status/901760013118709761

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Aldrick and Barker Reservoirs are the functional equivalent of Lake Pontchartrain, for the Katrina comparison.

Aldrich, Devourer of Cities :madmax:

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

gently caress man I was joking a few days ago when I said this storm would permanently change the coastline of Texas. I didn't mean it ffs

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Samurai Sanders posted:

My friend is still in Galveston but she only moved there like two weeks ago. She says an evacuation order hasn't been issued for her area but looking at the map it's hard to imagine that any place is safer than any other.

honestly galveston (island) is probably better off than houston at the moment, at least it runs off into the gulf quicker

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/EricHolthaus/status/901760358460776448

this is Real Bad

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

There is literally going to be nothing but short several hour respites between subsequent rain events. I don't know how you would even begin to evac this

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Invading other countries pre-emptively is the only pre-emptive disaster response America knows. We'd have to be able to send troops to some mythical birthplace of hurricanes where air and frost giants blow intense breezes across the Pacific Ocean and slay the beasts before the government would try addressing the problem

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
gently caress Texas

Everyone from Texas, especially Houston, has a huge stick up their rear end about it

I'm glad it's flooding

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

gently caress man I was joking a few days ago when I said this storm would permanently change the coastline of Texas. I didn't mean it ffs

why do you think the bayous exist and why do you think the coast is shaped the way it is?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

safely sodomized posted:

honestly galveston (island) is probably better off than houston at the moment, at least it runs off into the gulf quicker
That's good to hear. She says she's having to mop up her floor though. She's a Texas native but not from the coast.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

There is literally going to be nothing but short several hour respites between subsequent rain events. I don't know how you would even begin to evac this

boats. a shitload of boats.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wow, record rain! Good luck! - President Donald J. Trump 2017

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

galenanorth posted:

Invading other countries pre-emptively is the only pre-emptive disaster response America knows. We'd have to be able to send troops to some mythical birthplace of hurricanes where air and frost giants blow intense breezes across the Pacific Ocean and slay the beasts before the government would try addressing the problem

Trump literally declares war on climate change by striking at the hearts of clouds, open patches of water

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

VectorSigma posted:

boats. a shitload of boats.

That is literally what I am expecting to happen here. Boats for however many people we can save before it all just goes underwater

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

it's too late :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Wow, record rain! Good luck! - President Donald J. Trump 2017

I got the most rain, more than anyone! :smugdon:

• Locked thread