Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Waffles Inc. posted:

The only design language is that the FO is the Empire but....better?? and the Resistance is the rebels but....exactly the same??

POE DAMERON: I always wanted to fly one of these things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Well yeah; what I mean is that it's a cartoonist's vision of an evolutionary dead end. God's mistake.

I gotcha.

Grendels Dad posted:

I made it, I finally made it to the end of the thread! I have conquered what seemed like a Sisyphean 20.000 posts, always 20.000 posts no matter how many I'd read. I have been rolling that "Droid=Humans?" rock up that hill over and over again. I have reached you at the end of the thread to share this secret wisdom with you:

Tezzor loving sucks, but also rules because I got to skip like 50 pages because of them and their illiterate ilk. The prequels are OK. See you in a hundred pages.

I still think the best tangent is the one about "can you rape a Buick"?`

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

The New Republic having FO-supporting-Imperialist and Populist factions was done at the behest of Rian Johnson for the novel Bloodline, so those ideas are likely to also pop-up in TLJ.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I still think the best tangent is the one about "can you rape a Buick"?`

If you have seen The Counselor or Christine then the answer is absolutely yes.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/901188116869857280

Well, guess TLJ is gonna be the worst Star War.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

they should just put all the footage in the loving toilet in that case

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

well why not posted:

they should just put all the footage in the loving toilet in that case

Should they then wipe to the front, or the back?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
You know, maybe they could do a Pod Racing movie. Just a bunch of colorful characters trying to win the Big Race.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

MonsieurChoc posted:

You know, maybe they could do a Pod Racing movie. Just a bunch of colorful characters trying to win the Big Race.

They could call it Race Wars.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The MSJ posted:

Should they then wipe to the front, or the back?

WHO EVEN CARES

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Just watch Speed Racer.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I'm now picturing a circle of these getting constructed simultaneously

I wonder how many ISDs it takes to make a circle

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Just watch Speed Racer.

Just because a perfect movie exists doesnt mean we cant have other, really good ones

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

jivjov posted:

https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/901188116869857280

Well, guess TLJ is gonna be the worst Star War.

It's only 12, but they're all star wipes.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Vinylshadow posted:

I'm now picturing a circle of these getting constructed simultaneously

I wonder how many ISDs it takes to make a circle

Luke uses the force to gather all the ships into a circle, makes it spin violently and thrusts it through the order's second star killer base like a destructo disk.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

It's weird that, after decades of complaint, Star Wars is finally bad for real now.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Star Wars has sucked since 1999.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Yaws posted:

Star Wars has sucked since 1999.

And the The Phantom Menace came out and saved us.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

jivjov posted:

Absolutely. Personally, it saved me from having any positive expectations when it comes to new Star Wars movies.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

jivjov posted:

I watched my grandpa succumb to stomach cancer in 1999 and it was more entertaining then TPM.

RIP Grandpa

RIP Star Wars

Phylodox posted:

Absolutely. Personally, it saved me from having any positive expectations when it comes to new Star Wars movies.

:hfive:

Yaws fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Aug 26, 2017

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

1989er here, born to ride the rerelease and prequel waves- I had the Lego set where Jar Jar meets our other heroes, and it ruled!

NVO in preparations for VIII:
I through IV (Ben arc)
VII (Ben cameo)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Glad to be part of the old order mocking kids and their star wars.

Now get off my ding dang lawn

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Barudak posted:

Just because a perfect movie exists doesnt mean we cant have other, really good ones

You make a great point.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MonsieurChoc posted:

There's a Han Solo story in the comics that's literally him in the Falcon trying to win a big race (and pick up rebel spies but who gives a gently caress about that)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Yaws posted:

I watched my grandpa succumb to stomach cancer in 1999 and it was more entertaining then TPM.

You're a terrible person for writing this.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

You're a terrible person for writing this.

My Grandpa's dying words:

The Phantom Menace was the worst thing I ever laid eyes on, and I stormed the beaches of Normandy

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Edgiest post

I realized earlier my greatest hope for the Han Solo movie is to find out Clint Howard is playing Dash Rendar, not "hope it's good".

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

Penpal posted:

I realized earlier my greatest hope for the Han Solo movie is to find out Clint Howard is playing Dash Rendar, not "hope it's good".

Unless I missed something that seems about as likely as Mara Jade showing up in the films.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Star Wars has been consistently bad since 1983, with a brief non-bad blip in 1994 (when Tie Fighter came out).

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

It's telling how subjective the qualities of good/bad star wars are when you tell straight away from a post which ones they grew up with.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I watched my five children burn to death in an fire in 1999. The skin blistering and crisping off their tiny bodies as they screamed in agony was more entertaining then TPM.

RIP Little Bastards

RIP Star Warp

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lampsacus posted:

It's telling how subjective the qualities of good/bad star wars are when you tell straight away from a post which ones they grew up with.

I grew up watching the prequels in theatefs. Episode 2 taught me movies can be bad.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

I grew up watching the prequels in theatefs. Episode 2 taught me movies can be bad.
I watched them in theaters as well. At the time Episode 2 came out I was at a point where I really related to Anakin.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

UmOk posted:

I watched them in theaters as well. At the time Episode 2 came out I was at a point where I really related to Anakin.

I'm sorry about your headbomb. :(

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm sorry about your headbomb. :(

You should watch again. He didn't have a headbomb in Episode 2.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

UmOk posted:

You should watch again. He didn't have a headbomb in Episode 2.

I'm sorry about your lovely haircut.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

RBA Starblade posted:

What film did you watch alongside it?

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

UmOk posted:

Umok is really awkward around women, surprising no one.

Lampsacus posted:

If someone states they like the prequels they almost certainly grew up with them. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Yaws posted:

My Grandpa's dying words:

The Phantom Menace was the worst thing I ever laid eyes on, and I stormed the beaches of Normandy

oh jeez

btw its sad that we can't see the first order be logical because we need our spotless heroes to be the underdogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

UmOk posted:

I watched my five children burn to death in an fire in 1999. The skin blistering and crisping off their tiny bodies as they screamed in agony was more entertaining then TPM.

RIP Little Bastards

RIP Star Warp

Sounds like you would really enjoy Revenge of the Sith.

Yaws posted:

If someone states they like the prequels they almost certainly grew up with them. It's the only thing that makes sense.

No it isn't. They could just not hold the OT up on an impossible nostalgia pedestal, or they could appreciate movies in different ways than you do.

• Locked thread