Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Jorah and Tormund sold Viserion's death for me.

Shame about Dany...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Jon is definitely gonna die

Or live

Definitely one of those

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

precision posted:

Jon is definitely gonna die

Or live

Definitely one of those

That's not really accurate. The writers might also forget about him and he will just exist in superposition states of both dead and alive, like Ghost.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
So Preston on his podcast said that Emilia Clarke had preemptive Botox and therefore her face never moves - does anyone have sources that support such a claim?

esperterra posted:

Like, the Sand Snakes all being animu characters with personality specific killing methods was a little extra, sure, and Quentyn was a useless tangent, but the overall story going on there is interesting, and ties directly into KL, Essos, even Oldtown. Besides, we can handwave that extra poo poo because it seems Dornish folk are pretty melodramatic and flamboyant, anyway.

What we got in the show was bad pussy.

I expect Quentyn and his fate to have serious implication for the plot going forward - the son of one of the great houses got burned. The Aegon camp, when they go up against Dany, will argue that she truely is the Mad Kings daughter, breaking the marriage contract and burning the honorable Quentyn Martell. Aegon will therefore easily get the support of this uncle, even though he can't marry his cousin, given that he needs the support of the Tyrells and therefore will marry Margery.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

GaussianCopula posted:

So Preston on his podcast said that Emilia Clarke had preemptive Botox and therefore her face never moves - does anyone have sources that support such a claim?

Ah, I'd assume he's joking.

Emilia's face moves a whole lot when she emotes.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Aug 27, 2017

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

lezard_valeth posted:

The guy that appeared to be chill as gently caress was actually the record holder for world's longest revenge boner
Doran's revenge scheme consists of hoping really hard that something happens.

Dorne is poo poo in the books and it's pretty impressive that the show version is worse.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Doran's revenge scheme consists of hoping really hard that something happens.

Dorne is poo poo in the books and it's pretty impressive that the show version is worse.

Even sand snake titties couldn't save that horrible plot detour.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

GaussianCopula posted:

I expect Quentyn and his fate to have serious implication for the plot going forward - the son of one of the great houses got burned. The Aegon camp, when they go up against Dany, will argue that she truely is the Mad Kings daughter, breaking the marriage contract and burning the honorable Quentyn Martell. Aegon will therefore easily get the support of this uncle, even though he can't marry his cousin, given that he needs the support of the Tyrells and therefore will marry Margery.

excited for marge marriage #4

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

PupsOfWar posted:

excited for marge marriage #4

4th marriage already, still a virgin :qq:

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I'm a dumbass who doesn't really notice or recognize bad acting as much as other people but that shot of Emilia Clarke's face after Viserion goes down is hilarious. I think she was meant to look stunned?

Oliver Reed
Mar 18, 2014

What's the run time for the finale?

Nevermind, Google helped; 81 minutes...nice.

Oliver Reed fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 27, 2017

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Oliver Reed posted:

What's the run time for the finale?

Nevermind, Google helped; 81 minutes...nice.

I think that includes all the behind the scenes stuff? Last ep was supposed to be 70-80 mins too but there was only an hour of show time if I recall correctly.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
I like this show, so I put together a web map of the GoT world. I also like easter eggs, so I put in a few doodles of various events that have happened this season if you zoom in close enough.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

EatinCake posted:

I like this show, so I put together a web map of the GoT world. I also like easter eggs, so I put in a few doodles of various events that have happened this season if you zoom in close enough.

King's Landing lies on the northern bank of the Blackwater Rush.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

esperterra posted:

Jorah and Tormund sold Viserion's death for me.

Shame about Dany...

Interesting how they put the best actors on the show in the same scene with the worst ones.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

GaussianCopula posted:

King's Landing lies on the northern bank of the Blackwater Rush.

Thanks! Should be fixed shortly.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Trash Trick posted:

I think that includes all the behind the scenes stuff? Last ep was supposed to be 70-80 mins too but there was only an hour of show time if I recall correctly.

Fraid your information was wrong there, last episode was only supposed to be normal time. This episode was billed as the long one.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
This episode is going to be something special, I mean it consists of the following events:

The great meeting in the banter pits
Theons redemption II - Ironborn Boogaloo
Boatsex-incest proofing wedding montage
Littlefinger's death - D&D proofing that Arya's season 6 arc was not the worst they could do
The melting of the wall

I guess the episode will get a 9.8 on IMDB.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I really want to see how people react to the reveal that theon's special power is that he can be kicked in the groin. It's this season's bad pussy.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Littlefinger's end will only annoy me for what happened to Sansa. Turning LF into a useless character isn't new, that's happened plenty of times in this show. But throwing Sansa to a rapist in the process was utterly unforgiveable. I went with the storyline for a bit, hoping there would be some ultimate "evil, but it made sense to him" reasons for it, but nope it was just gratuitious rape for the sake of things, destroying two characters just so Ramsay could be hated more (if that was even possible).

There's much about this silly show I have loved, plenty I've tutted at, but I will never let go of this grudge about what was done to Sansa because it did finally turn out to be a nasty, illogical, salaciously vile storyline for pure shock value alone.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Parkingtigers posted:

Littlefinger's end will only annoy me for what happened to Sansa. Turning LF into a useless character isn't new, that's happened plenty of times in this show. But throwing Sansa to a rapist in the process was utterly unforgiveable. I went with the storyline for a bit, hoping there would be some ultimate "evil, but it made sense to him" reasons for it, but nope it was just gratuitious rape for the sake of things, destroying two characters just so Ramsay could be hated more (if that was even possible).

There's much about this silly show I have loved, plenty I've tutted at, but I will never let go of this grudge about what was done to Sansa because it did finally turn out to be a nasty, illogical, salaciously vile storyline for pure shock value alone.

Sansa is a combination of 3 characters none of which are Sansa which is why it comes off as weird Jeyene Pooyle/Arya/like good Cersei for some reason

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

e: wrong thread, idiot

I have some friends coming over tomorrow for a finale viewing like we have done a few years now. It's no Burlington bar but since I'm the only book reader, I had some fun with some events I could foresee in previous seasons.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 27, 2017

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

emanresu tnuocca posted:

She's got next level eyebrow game.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I bet Theon has a son from the boat whore in the first season.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Tenzarin posted:

I bet Theon has a son from the boat whore in the first season.

Salt wife, please

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The biggest shame about Littlefinger being killed this episode is that it will mean nothing. There won't be any repercussions from it - he just won't be in the show any more. That's probably going to be true for every death from here on out.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
The Dorne stuff from the books, spoiled princess and all, is GRRM gardening from "Huh, wonder what happened to Myrcella?" It's a plot point that the autists in this thread should generally appreciate, but Book Dorne, while legitimately cool to meet and get to know, went into stupid directions just like the rest of the book plots. But I really liked it, especially at first, and the Dornish culture is different enough that it was cool to hang out there for a minute.

The point about Theon having impregnated all the whores is fair, and any sequel series worth its salt (heh) would be about his bastard children all murdering each other for control of those hilariously useless islands of Greyjoy rock. Worth noting that Alfie Allen rules, but Book Theon is meant to be strikingly handsome.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Iron Islands are the South Carolina of Westeros

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Propaganda Machine posted:

Worth noting that Alfie Allen rules, but Book Theon is meant to be strikingly handsome.

Yeah he kinda looks like a dude who plays guitar for money on the street corner but he's not homeless because he's been crashing on your couch for the last 7 months

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
No one will ever sum him up better than his own sister did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RgOm_WJKpE

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Funky See Funky Do posted:

The biggest shame about Littlefinger being killed this episode is that it will mean nothing. There won't be any repercussions from it - he just won't be in the show any more. That's probably going to be true for every death from here on out.

one less actor to pay, more CGI! :black101:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

learnincurve posted:

No one will ever sum him up better than his own sister did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RgOm_WJKpE

psh i don't think the high school drop out who got knocked up by a guy 15 years her senior is in much of a position to talk!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

emanresu tnuocca posted:

http://i.imgur.com/nS3AkSm.mp4

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
dany has two emotes

Mad and Crazy Mad

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
why is she skinnier for press tours than the loving show

she didn't even bother with her body for terminator what is she playing at

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
And gently caress you know what, Myrcella ending up in Dorne in the first place by means of Tyrion sussing out the rats in Kings Landing is the kind of good writing that I miss that suckered all of us into this poo poo.

I miss season/book 2.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I am so unexcited for this poo poo tonight I feel like I'm only watching because I have to.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???
Without dragons flying around burning poo poo the show is pretty unwatchable. At least the action scenes elevate it to the status of entertaining shlock.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
You've already forgotten the tits.

It's okay; so have we.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Propaganda Machine posted:

You've already forgotten the tits.

It's okay; so have we.

There has been exactly one pair of tits this whole season.

• Locked thread