Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CMvan46
Oct 7, 2013

Captain Beans posted:

Regarding the window poo poo, someone suggested to me to use lean. There are a ton of places where a bunch of boarded up planks are blocking that shot if you are standing, but if you crouch now you can't see either. Try leaning left or right while standing, it drops your perspective just enough most times.

That's my biggest annoyance in the game. Maybe they've done it intentionally to make people more exposed but drat is it frustrating.

Got in a firefight the other day in first person both shooting through windows but we both just ended up hitting the window debris a whole lot instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
Within the last week or so pubg has started using way more resources than normal, like 95% cpu and ram spikes and it ends up lagging horribly. Anyone else have this problem?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Let me show you guys a sweet new pro-strat:

http://plays.tv/video/59a25339bb2502fcf2/self-immolation

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
die and drop molotov

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
halt and catch fire

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
stop, drop, and ignite

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
My biggest complaint about this game is that its unoptimized as all gently caress, unless I'm on Very Low I get huge lag spikes and i usually still get them whenever I'm parachuting in.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Thumbtacks posted:

My biggest complaint about this game is that its unoptimized as all gently caress, unless I'm on Very Low I get huge lag spikes and i usually still get them whenever I'm parachuting in.

What are your specs? SSD?

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Sometimes it's worth taking off your trousers (or pantaloons or whatver you 'Merkins call 'em):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkydSiioTAo

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Aug 27, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hawowanlawow posted:

Third person is better than first person, nerd

lol

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I thought third person was okay until they introduced first person mode, now I realise 3rd person is absolute trash and I feel sorry for the regions without

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The REAL Goobusters posted:

gotta start from somewhere. Not even my fav game, dota 2, started out great as esports. TI1 at gamescom like 2011 was almost a disaster in terms of streaming experience.

dota was a an esport before dota2 existed lol

pubg is just not a game that can be an "esport". it's real annoying how every popular multiplayer game now has a competitive scene as a marketing gimmick.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Pubg can be an esport.

All they need is a better spectator mode, the God damned vaulting hurtling and climbing patch, and some patching to the way the sircle works and this could be a really good tournament game.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

nah game isn't built for it. just like hearthstone and overwatch are lovely esports not every game works well in that format.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I can't even see my duster in first person, and there are a million FPS games

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I'd been playing only first person for weeks because the internet told me it's better, but last night I played 3rd again finally and it was refreshing as hell.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I like both modes

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

whoa reel it in there.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Yeah sorry dude you have to pick one and play that exclusively and make sure to tell people who play the other mode how wrong they are.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hawowanlawow posted:

I can't even see my duster in first person, and there are a million FPS games

yeah they;re bad.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

WhatEvil posted:

Yeah sorry dude you have to pick one and play that exclusively and make sure to tell people who play the other mode how wrong they are.

This guy gets it. Unironically though.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I do agree that there are a lot of fps games and third person esthetically is superior, but third person gives campers and hiders a big advantage and makes the game a little stale.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

hey welcome to the show! posted:

I do agree that there are a lot of fps games and third person esthetically is superior, but third person gives campers and hiders a big advantage and makes the game a little stale.

Whoa never thought of that

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

It's very satisfying to just plow into cars that people are using as cover and punt them to death, especially when they're doing it somewhere dumb like the bridges

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I like second person mode where you view the game through another players eyes

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

tote up a bags posted:

Report this stream sniper

revolther
May 27, 2008

tote up a bags posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narration#First-person
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narration#Second-person
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narration#Third-person

I think technically all of PUBG is a second-person narrative, but spectator mode is definitely third person omniscient.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I wonder how many opinions of first person mode will change once you're not playing against bottom of the barrel players, because everyone who cares about ranked is still playing 3PP.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

i finally got back on my desktop and got to play First person for a couple of games --- its good imo

does it really not record stats?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

VulgarandStupid posted:

I wonder how many opinions of first person mode will change once you're not playing against bottom of the barrel players, because everyone who cares about ranked is still playing 3PP.

i don't think you thought this through. fpp can throw you in with people way better than you due to not having rankings.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

VulgarandStupid posted:

What a stupid argument to defend your love of a sub par gaming mode.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Will g-sync help me play this game better? Thinking about a new monitor

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

fletcher posted:

What are your specs? SSD?

It's installed on my SSD. Intel i5-4670, GTX 1050. My computer isn't AMAZING but that should be enough to play on something higher than very low (and even then, just barely). I found a video on YouTube of a guy playing with the exact same specs and he's running on High with no problems.

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

i finally got back on my desktop and got to play First person for a couple of games --- its good imo

That opinion is not strong enough, could you possibly praise it by disparaging another game mode? Maybe insult my intelligence? You get the idea.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

underage at the vape shop posted:

I bought a $700 gsync monitor but it didn't make me any better so I smashed it. POS

Ratio
Aug 27, 2017

underage at the vape shop posted:

G-sync is more of a luxury than a necessity as it just reduces screen tearing and input delay by a marginal amount. Consider a better graphics card and 120hz+ monitor.

revolther
May 27, 2008
I upgraded to a 4k 43" inch TV for a monitor ways back, and won my first solo that night. Just a large display really helps in a game where the amount of pixels on a distant hill that you can pick out can mean winning or losing.

Not gonna make you better but maybe more aware, at desktop viewing distances movement you might have missed or poo poo in the periphery is night and day more apparent.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Just got this, played 4 matches

Survived to top 30 all 4 matches

Killed 1 person in one game
Hit 1 person in another
Sniped every other time to death because I guess I'm bad at spotting people first

Is this how games are gonna go generally? Feel like I'm just wandering randomly most of the time hoping to get the jump on other players so far

I just got this on friend's recommendation (but he ended up not playing tonight so I'm jumping into the waters YOLO)

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

fpp is better for solo, but i think 3pp is tactically more interesting for duos and squads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Artelier posted:

Is this how games are gonna go generally? Feel like I'm just wandering randomly most of the time hoping to get the jump on other players so far

kinda? your wandering will get less random, you will learn to time how long to loot and when to move, but there's a certain randomness to the game that you can't account for. but pick a style, go hog wild and drop school or base for gunfights, or drop in the boonies and sneak to the circle. get a vehicle. use a sniper rifle. the world is yuor oyster

i agree that fpp is better for solo, as well

• Locked thread