Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
did you have to take uber xl for your big rear end phone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I feel like this level of high quality posting demands table breaking images.

(my bad)

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Does anyone know if Adaptive Helm works against Kog'maw's W empowered autos? I'm not really sure if it actually reduces it, but the text for helm suggests it reduces effects. I'm pretty sure Kog'maw's W is an on-hit thing, right? Anyone know?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Servaetes posted:

Does anyone know if Adaptive Helm works against Kog'maw's W empowered autos? I'm not really sure if it actually reduces it, but the text for helm suggests it reduces effects. I'm pretty sure Kog'maw's W is an on-hit thing, right? Anyone know?

Yes, it's pretty good vs. Corki for the same reason

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

How Rude posted:

people who throw out homophobic and racial slurs tend to be the biggest cocksuckers imo

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Cheated out of d1

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

really happy about this half-dwarf half-goat

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Condolences to Methanar, who's currently being brutally corncobbed by MikeYeung on stream.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Vermain posted:

Condolences to Methanar, who's currently being brutally corncobbed by MikeYeung on stream.

Methanar can't catch a break today

🌽 🌽 🌽

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
you have no idea

i spent the last 5 1/2 hours hunched over my laptop stressed out and adhoc salvaging hardware to make more capacity, loving with the network and desperately adhoc killing sessions, strategically taking down the site, and fixing orchestration leaks hot because mcgregor fight

and i lost multiple games of league of legends today and had my client repeatedly crash on me in champ select

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
That feeling when Meth makes it to Honor Level 5 before you

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

That feeling when Meth makes it to Honor Level 5 before you

He plays more than you, which is the biggest factor

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I didn't play for a week, first game back I wreck an Akali mid's poo poo as Lissandra. Game's alright sometimes.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Kassadin is back to the #1 ban position on solo-queue again, good thing they buffed him unnessarily several times in the last lot of patches. he's back to having a 0.7 ap ratio on everything again, which is yet again enough for him to instantly delete people once he get 300 ap or so.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drone_Fragger posted:

Kassadin is back to the #1 ban position on solo-queue again, good thing they buffed him unnessarily several times in the last lot of patches. he's back to having a 0.7 ap ratio on everything again, which is yet again enough for him to instantly delete people once he get 300 ap or so.

More to the point, Faker was using him in LCK summer split (which uses a couple of patches ago) and people are mindlessly copying him because of course they are.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

honour is an irrelevant metric. honour per games played is what really matters -- your honour density. and when it comes to judging that, you can call me.. your honour.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Addamere posted:

More to the point, Faker was using him in LCK summer split (which uses a couple of patches ago) and people are mindlessly copying him because of course they are.

well, that and he's really really really strong right now.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Drone_Fragger posted:

Drone_Fragger posted:

well, that and he's really really really strong right now.
Since April here's the list of buffs to Kassadin:
- Force Pulse (E) has 15 more range.
- Base MR Growth is now 0.5/level
- R has 0.3 ratio base instead of 0.2 ratio base (per stack unchanged).

Prior to that it was re-scaling Q damage and some bug-fixes in July 2016. The reason Kassadin is popping up is likely meta dependent, and also due to the fact the mobility on a short CD (R) is always a premium.

Oh, and almost definitely because pros picked him up for a bit because that's what always happens to play rates when people see pros do a thing.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
league of legends

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Aristocrats!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Small brain: why is that champion back
Normal brain: Riot buffed that champ so it's back
Expanding brain: the meta shifted back into that champion's favor
Galactic brain: the metagame is a social phenomenon based as much on information cascades and copying what becomes popular regardless of whether it was popular for any reason more sensible than a certain film genre becoming more popular for a certain season, because players are imperfect actors and don't have access to enough data to make truly objective decisions, and will certainly never have the intrinsic analytic capabilities to do so

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
farts

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

Galactic brain: the metagame is a social phenomenon based as much on information cascades and copying what becomes popular regardless of whether it was popular for any reason more sensible than a certain film genre becoming more popular for a certain season, because players are imperfect actors and don't have access to enough data to make truly objective decisions, and will certainly never have the intrinsic analytic capabilities to do so

A legit good post

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Mikujin posted:

Oh, and almost definitely because pros picked him up for a bit because that's what always happens to play rates when people see pros do a thing.

Part of the reason pros have been picking him up recently, I suspect, is because the big meta midlanes (Orianna, Leblanc, Taliyah) ate nerfs to their early waveclear, and Kassadin's biggest problem has always been that he's criminally easy to shove in early. The fact that those three can no longer shove him in as easily means it's easier for him to survive to level 6 and a few items.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

kingcobweb posted:

Universal brain: Oh, Faker played it.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

kingcobweb posted:

Drunk Dingus brain: qt is playing kalista again

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Vermain posted:

Part of the reason pros have been picking him up recently, I suspect, is because the big meta midlanes (Orianna, Leblanc, Taliyah) ate nerfs to their early waveclear, and Kassadin's biggest problem has always been that he's criminally easy to shove in early. The fact that those three can no longer shove him in as easily means it's easier for him to survive to level 6 and a few items.
I think it's that they ate some small nerfs and that Kass now has some base MR growth to pair with runes to make him a little more durable in lane, as well.

E: Master Yi's Lancers is the most underwhelming division name I've been in yet. Oh well back in plat.

Mikujin fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 28, 2017

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
After 3 months of flaming, spamming pings, reporting every member of my team for hate speech, afk and negative attitude, and irony honoring the shittiest players on my team:

:hellyeah:

edit: whoops forgot to mention toxic all-chatting, calling my teammates retards constantly, asking for 9x reports in all chat, going afk when we're getting stomped and spamming surrender votes too

Teikanmi fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 28, 2017

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Holy gently caress how hard is it for people to FOLLOW THE drat LEONA. I'm a free kill bot if you just shoot the squishy fed thing that I'm currently waterboarding with the INSANE NUMBER OF STUNS I HAVE. Christ I thought I'd finally found a chill role that I could use to ride the coattails of whatever egomaniac carry I have on my team but loving poo poo.

Gotta take a break after this game.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Warmachine posted:

Holy gently caress how hard is it for people to FOLLOW THE drat LEONA. I'm a free kill bot if you just shoot the squishy fed thing that I'm currently waterboarding with the INSANE NUMBER OF STUNS I HAVE. Christ I thought I'd finally found a chill role that I could use to ride the coattails of whatever egomaniac carry I have on my team but loving poo poo.

:thunk:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
It's funny because in my experience everyone who plays leona just goes in at the worst time and makes the rest of the game a chore

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Warmachine posted:

ladies and gentlemen, this is why i hate playing with leona

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
leona's fun as hell it's a bummer all the people who play her are latent riven mains

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

henkman posted:

It's funny because in my experience everyone who plays leona just goes in at the worst time and makes the rest of the game a chore

*raises paw*

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

:thunk:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

pog boyfriend posted:

ladies and gentlemen, this is why i hate playing with leona

Leona's got the dreaded combination of being generically bad into a lot of the popular supports and being 100% all-in without the ability to really do anything else. There's basically no situation where having Leona is better than having Alistar. She could really use a VGU.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I'm glad you took your assist gold and bought trash items that don't help the team much.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Why.....why is that support tank building a Triforce? Why are there Swiftness Boots? Why Thornmail?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

The fact that you thought this post was a one up on that guy is incredibly lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Now THATs what I call a support build!

• Locked thread