Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Well it takes a while to torture logic that badly, ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

More = better than

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

How dare you criticize it if you won't even watch every bit of it?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

First one is unbearable auto-steadied carcam rambling.

Second one is Sargon, and if he can't get to his point in under 5 minutes, I'm not going to bother watching.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

oh loving hell can you not summarise this in under 5 minutes?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

did you know that there are 3 white people who 'support' BLM for every black person?

this makes it a white movement.

also rich black people only support BLM to virtue signal

also young whites only support BLM because of progressive propaganda

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Someone's getting owned in their own youtube comments after last night's fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSb_qMUHoLY

"This is what a racist looks like who can't admit a POC beat a white person. Like if you agree."

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Surprised nobody posted this yet.

Shaun takes on the infamous Molyneux once more and addresses a video I've wanted to see someone tackle for some time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd_nVCWPgiA

This is something I've never studied too in-depth. One thing Shaun brings up that I was clueless about was how disease spread through the natives. I always vaguely heard it describes as white guys came, close proximity with the vulnerable natives got them infected, etc.. Shaun states that this isn't the case and a lot of deaths weren't the result of initial exposure but happened later when the native population were so weakened from colonization that this is what caused epidemics.

And he ends with a beautiful quote:
Shaun: (summing up the idea of White Guilt which of course Molyneux believes in) "White people hate themselves and are are so guilty about the sins of the past that they're ignoring reality and deluding themselves in the present. And, well, it's not true. [...] Reading the history of what happened to the Native Americans I was often outraged, sometimes disgusted, but I never felt personally guilty, just saddened by what people can do to one another. Acknowledging events from the past in which white people have been in the wrong isn't driven by guilt, just honesty. Understanding is not guilt. Hiding from the historical record, cherrypicking from it, whitewashing it to erase atrocities committed - well, that is REAL guilt in action right there."

A great, informative video as always, although I kind of wish I heeded his warning about learning of the details of Sand Creek.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

NikkolasKing posted:

Surprised nobody posted this yet.

Shaun takes on the infamous Molyneux once more and addresses a video I've wanted to see someone tackle for some time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd_nVCWPgiA

This is something I've never studied too in-depth. One thing Shaun brings up that I was clueless about was how disease spread through the natives. I always vaguely heard it describes as white guys came, close proximity with the vulnerable natives got them infected, etc.. Shaun states that this isn't the case and a lot of deaths weren't the result of initial exposure but happened later when the native population were so weakened from colonization that this is what caused epidemics.

And he ends with a beautiful quote:
Shaun: (summing up the idea of White Guilt which of course Molyneux believes in) "White people hate themselves and are are so guilty about the sins of the past that they're ignoring reality and deluding themselves in the present. And, well, it's not true. [...] Reading the history of what happened to the Native Americans I was often outraged, sometimes disgusted, but I never felt personally guilty, just saddened by what people can do to one another. Acknowledging events from the past in which white people have been in the wrong isn't driven by guilt, just honesty. Understanding is not guilt. Hiding from the historical record, cherrypicking from it, whitewashing it to erase atrocities committed - well, that is REAL guilt in action right there."

A great, informative video as always, although I kind of wish I heeded his warning about learning of the details of Sand Creek.

I just watched this Shaun video independently. It's a part of US history that I didn't know a whole lot about, and honestly hearing anyone, even a nutty cult leader like Molyneux try to make apologism for what was done to these people is infuriating. And it doubly bad, given that Stephen is Canadian and Canada's horrible mistreatment of natives was still ongoing within his adult life. So it really comes across more as a justification of what his society has done contemporaneously instead of ancient history. Note this isn't to absolve us Americans of what we've done recently to natives, but force boarding schools and otherwise shackling people to reservations seems a bit worse than what the US has done in recent decades.

it shaun
Jun 6, 2017
Virgin soil epidemics are a real thing, of course, & a lot of those deaths really are just unavoidable accidents of history. But a lot were also down to the actions of the colonisers preventing re-population & helping diseases to spread through internment & removals & so on.

It's a part of the history people like Stefan leave out when they're making excuses.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

rkajdi posted:

And it doubly bad, given that Stephen is Canadian and Canada's horrible mistreatment of natives was still ongoing within his adult life.
the conditions in many canadian native reserves are still absolutely reprehensible, but yeah, we have a pretty consistently terrible track record throughout history

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kjoery posted:

the conditions in many canadian native reserves are still absolutely reprehensible, but yeah, we have a pretty consistently terrible track record throughout history

Same with the US. But at least natives aren't bound to reservations anymore, which they were in Canada until the 1970s IIRC. It's poo poo that we've provided such poor spaces and conditions for people on reservations, but it becomes something completely different when the ghettoization is forced.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Does Molyneux really believe that "gene expression" means that whatever happens to people doesn't matter as long as some genes are still around? That is one of the more monstrous ideas I've ever heard.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Dmitri-9 posted:

Does Molyneux really believe that "gene expression" means that whatever happens to people non-white people doesn't matter as long as some genes are still around? That is one of the more monstrous ideas I've ever heard.
corrected that for you; 100% stefan believes in white genocide

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Dmitri-9 posted:

Does Molyneux really believe that "gene expression" means that whatever happens to people doesn't matter as long as some genes are still around? That is one of the more monstrous ideas I've ever heard.

And people say eugenics aren't in vogue any more.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dmitri-9 posted:

It sort of follows with the whole idea that race is a real biological construct that a lot of the right bandies about, but yeah it's got some horrible end results. It's also part of that stupid idea people have that it's cool as long as your genetics get to continue on, which shits on kids needing adoption pretty hard.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Dmitri-9 posted:

That is one of the more monstrous ideas I've ever heard.

Paranoia + lack of empathy = "My race is being genocided, the indians will take over the film industry and all media will be bollywood, all food will be ETHNIC, muslims will control the courts, all sports banned for being too indepedent skill based, game of thrones cancelled because no white actors or white writers. The end is nigh! It's loving nigh! I've done the calculations and I saw 502 white people last week, this week... 494, it's happening"

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
For anyone interested in this history, read Bury my heart at Wounded Knee.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Kjoery posted:

stefan believes in white genocide
Is his plan to make his followers 100% white and so obnoxious that nobody wants to have kids with them?

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
To make this as explicit as possible: Molyneux is nakedly a white supremacist. He sees everything in terms of conflicts between cultures/gene pools, and this white guy is very much rooting for his home team. His lies about history are all a smokescreen to hide his real view, which is that anything is justified if it furthers the interests of the white race as he understands it.

Look, I just think someone should state the obvious.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Did anyone honestly believe otherwise? Molyneux doesn't really do subtext, he's all text when it comes to the awful.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
seeing molyneux talk for even a few seconds makes my skin crawl. credit to shaun, man's got a strong stomach.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Lovechop posted:

seeing molyneux talk for even a few seconds makes my skin crawl. credit to shaun, man's got a strong stomach.

Shaun should get more recognition, his intellectual rigor is exactly what is needed to show up these scumbags.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBNYMi9ckHQ

Turns out the Jews paid all those protesters.

Also his book is suggested if you like White Girl Bleed A Lot or The Bell Curve.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol this guy is a billionaire and responding to my dumb rear end

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

If you're going to fight billionares you might as well go find some billionares who affect more in this world than their waistline.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

ngl that's a pretty solid @

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I, a man with a literal billion dollars, am angry about the manufactured race war, but what can I do other than tweet about it passive aggressively?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

OwlFancier posted:

I, a man with a literal billion dollars, am angry about the manufactured race war, but what can I do other than tweet about it passive aggressively?

Shut up you fool or you might actually encourage him to try doing something, someone this Intelligent and Rational with money on his side could cause quite a bit of damage before he gets bored with how saving the world is more difficult than programming interactive legos and goes back home to eat candy

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
He doesn't even eat the candy!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

it shaun posted:

Virgin soil epidemics are a real thing, of course, & a lot of those deaths really are just unavoidable accidents of history. But a lot were also down to the actions of the colonisers preventing re-population & helping diseases to spread through internment & removals & so on.

It's a part of the history people like Stefan leave out when they're making excuses.

Virgin soil epidemics likely killed off the majority of native peoples in the Americas, but the Spanish were happily massacring even before smallpox and other European diseases had taken hold.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Groovelord Neato posted:

Notch managed to make a highly successful game and made billions of dollarydoos while you sit around shitposting on a dead gay forum.

Who's really the loser here?

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

Lovechop posted:

molyneux reminds me of the man with red eyes from a wrinkle in time or something. everything about the way he speaks and how he presents himself to the camera is just a little bit off, you know? it makes the already horrific stuff he says that much worse.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Notch managed to make a highly successful game and made billions of dollarydoos while you sit around shitposting on a dead gay forum.

I wouldn't call sitting around alone in a mansion filled with candy successful, personally.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I shitpost because I have nothing better to do, he shitposts because he can't actually think of anything better to do with a billion dollars.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

the person who believes in the pizza conspiracy is the loser

100%

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

The fact that Notch has a billion dollars but still seems consistently miserable makes me feel a lot better about his success.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Like I dunno buy a shitload of shop tools and spend all day making crappy furniture or something, how can you not find something fun to do with infinite money?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Yeah it's still Notch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
lol of course IFM jumps to the defence of Notch the unfuckable billionaire

• Locked thread