Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Cumslut1895 posted:

I regret spending $20 on three lures today.

:psyduck: ... How is this possible? Are they huge, fancy lures? I just found a seller offering a set of 43 lures for $20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
10 lancets for under $2, they're really sturdy and easy to grip which anybody who has tried to lance a boil at a weird angle with a sewing needle or pin should appreciate. They also have a loop at the back end for scraping the goop out of pimples without tearing your skin open.

Only real downside is that they just come in a plastic sheathe instead of actual sterile sealed packaging like a bandage, but it's just a solid piece of metal so you can flame sterilize it.

Herb scissors that double as a cheap manual paper shredder.

Toilet Bear is watching you poop.

:getin:

Guy Mann fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 26, 2017

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

How old and tall is he, what are you fishing for, and do you think that he will fish often?

14, about 5' 7", trout or bass in the local farm streams, maybe 6-8 days a month during the summer.

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

r u ready to WALK posted:

lol that thing has to be fake as hell, guess they were able to clone the hardware perfectly enough that the software can't tell the difference

although https://www.xeltek.com.cn appears to be a real working page so who knows

I'm still waiting for a cheap TL866CS from ebay for all my ancient eprom needs

Yeah I was expecting it to be a fake, this might just be the same programmer made for the Chinese domestic market.

WilltheMagicAsian fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Aug 26, 2017

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

About time somebody did something about toilet boring

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Minimalist Program posted:

About time somebody did something about toilet boring

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I've aways wanted to poo poo directly into the gaping mouth of hello kitty

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I've aways wanted to poo poo directly into the gaping mouth of hello kitty

Have I got a country for you

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
It's not Aliexpress but I just got an email from Massdrop saying they have those toothpick crossbows that suddenly vanished from everywhere not long ago. Pricier than the old ones though.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Thanks to this wonderful thread I have placed my first AliExpress order! 18 (3x 6 different) Ewok lego minifigs and 20 Lego-sized AK47s. Now to patiently wait for magical China fun time.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

BaconCopter posted:

Thanks to this wonderful thread I have placed my first AliExpress order! 18 (3x 6 different) Ewok lego minifigs and 20 Lego-sized AK47s. Now to patiently wait for magical China fun time.

Warmy welcome, fellow shopper. May your savings be high and your cadmium levels low.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

neongrey posted:

It's not Aliexpress but I just got an email from Massdrop saying they have those toothpick crossbows that suddenly vanished from everywhere not long ago. Pricier than the old ones though.

I just ordered one from wish.com for $4 with $2 shipping.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I just ordered one from wish.com for $4 with $2 shipping.

Nice, I just remembered that they vanished from sale, is all.

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

but can you load them with those lancets posted above

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

WilltheMagicAsian posted:

Time to reenact my last Deus Ex playthrough

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

I look forward to this thread being part of evidence in a criminal trial in the near future

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48DN8QWVAJg&t=6s

Code Jockey posted:

I look forward to this thread being part of evidence in a criminal trial in the near future

Kickstarter is hard at work giving consumers a completely unshielded and open remote-controlled Class 4 laser for less than the cost of a PlayStation, we're going to look back fondly on the days when a toothpick was the worst thing the internet could help people shoot at your eye.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Oh please, indiegogo beat them to that goal months ago

I didn't have the courage to try it out until yesterday though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZbXoTmBRRI

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/uarm-swift-your-personal-robotic-assistant-education-gadgets--2#/

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Oh please, indiegogo beat them to that goal months ago

I didn't have the courage to try it out until yesterday though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZbXoTmBRRI

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/uarm-swift-your-personal-robotic-assistant-education-gadgets--2#/

Huh. Enjoy looking at an Amsler Grid I guess.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Someone earlier mentioned super quick shipping- I ordered some motion sensor LED nightlights on Saturday and they came to the Netherlands on Thursday. They were pretty cheap too, and free shipping. I hope it's a trend that continues. They work well, for now, but we'll see in time how well they hold up.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mag...2779356552.html

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Someone earlier mentioned super quick shipping- I ordered some motion sensor LED nightlights on Saturday and they came to the Netherlands on Thursday. They were pretty cheap too, and free shipping. I hope it's a trend that continues. They work well, for now, but we'll see in time how well they hold up.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mag...2779356552.html

Those look cool. I wonder how often you need to change the batteries.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I was wondering that myself. They don't turn on in the day though, only if it's decently dark - I had to close the bedroom curtains and set them in the closet to test them in the day, but at night they light up when I moved around in bed on the other side of the room. But then again, does that use battery power? I got no idea, but I get batteries from Lidl real cheap too. My house is probably going to burn down and I'll use the insurance money to buy more poo poo on AliExpress and repeat the cycle.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I was wondering that myself. They don't turn on in the day though, only if it's decently dark - I had to close the bedroom curtains and set them in the closet to test them in the day, but at night they light up when I moved around in bed on the other side of the room. But then again, does that use battery power? I got no idea, but I get batteries from Lidl real cheap too. My house is probably going to burn down and I'll use the insurance money to buy more poo poo on AliExpress and repeat the cycle.

Post again when you change the batteries, then we'll know! :haw:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
:klaxxon: Dollar Tree Day! :klaxxon:

Because Aliexpress is gearing up for its "Brand Sale" (whatever the gently caress that is), and everyone has jacked up their prices so they can make "sale prices" that are actually the normal price of the thing, let's take a day to soldier on down to Dollar Tree and find the things there that are a really good value, with zero shipping time. After all, Dollar Tree is basically "aliexpress: the store" although often with fewer things:

1. MUGS: You always running out of mugs? Get mugs for $1, they have lots of colors.

2. FOOD STORAGE: Their food storage items are pretty solid, either get the crummy ones in fourpacks, or the surprisingly good ones for $1 ea. These are the cheap ones:

These ones are good for screws, nails, and lil hardware items. Sometimes they're in the craft section instead.

These are the better kind, like these are the equivalent of the above in size but they're 4/$1 instead of 10/$1.

3. Cleaning supplies: They sell these for impressively cheap here. There are usually the brands in smaller, but often still cheaper-than-Target-etc.-even-adjusting-for-size, containers, or their own mixes which are usually exactly the same thing. I like the LA Awesome series they do, it works well. Bleach, ammonia, carpet cleaner, window cleaner, all-purpose cleaner, dish soap, w/e it's all here. You can also get a dustpan for $1 with a brush, or a basic broom, or a toilet plunger. They've got all those things for $1 in that section. They also have microfiber mitts in the autocare section which tbh I really like for cleaning counters in my kitchen and even corners of the kitchen floor where stuff builds up.

4. Fuckin great-rear end deal on padded envelopes: great-rear end deal

5. Actually their security envelopes and w/e are a really good deal too, we get out envelopes for the office here because frankly it's the best value source.

6. Party supplies: if you get them anywhere else you're frankly dumb as hell, they're super marked up everywhere else.

7. Cards are 2/$1 and usually still even have the normal retail price printed on the back, like $3.49 and fuckin hell I'm not paying THAT for a card.

8. These clear plastic cosmetics things: they are like $8.99 at normal box stores or w/e.

They're good for a lot of storage things, many applications there.

9. These wire cabinet things REALLY increase the utility of many shelves: go for it, lots of configurations of these too.

Pick fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 27, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

If you see powerhouse brand cleaners or soaps do NOT get them they are trash

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
It's also worth mentioning that while Dollar Tree doesn't get quite as much as often as places like Big Lots or Ollie's it's also used as a dumping ground for places trying to offload stock cheaply. Over the years I've gotten tons of Seen-On-TV junk of varying quality for a buck there, sometimes actually good and useful like StoneWave microwave cookers or Topsy-Turvy hanging planters while other times it's the exact kind of hilarious novelty like cell phone headbands that's worth a buck as a gag gift.

Food is also a crapshoot, when Jack Links redesigned their bags a year ago they just dumped all the old ones there and when pink himalayan salt was still rare and faddish enough to regularly go for like $7-$10 a shaker they were selling huge jars for a while. Same with chia seeds.

Also they're the only place that regularly sells DXM-only gelcaps, so you can buy enough to knock you on your rear end for a day and a 3-liter of diet coke to wash it down with all for a fiver.

:catdrugs:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
So somebody saw this classic

and though, I know, I'm gonna sell that for money!?

Does anyone know for sure that when shipping stuff from banggood by Priority Direct Mail, customs/tax get handled by them? I ordered some cheaper stuff that way before and it arrived from the Netherlands, seemingly skipping the local customs altogether.

They don't make this clear at all, but it seems that they ship the orders perhaps in bulk and clear the customs themselves in NL by declaring the actual cost (or bribing). Because the extra cost of this method is way less than what tax+duty+fees would be, like less than a quarter. But I just wouldn't want to order something more expensive like a phone or a tablet and get hit with both the higher shipping charge and the taxes.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
When I lived in a Pakistani area of Manchester ~10 years ago I'd often see women walking around with their phone tucked in their hijab.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Had a question about ePacket that I can't find the answer to elsewhere - figured you guys may have more experience with it.

If I order something shipped via ePacket, do I get the option to have it held at the post office for pickup? It sounds like you track the package via EMS while it's in China and USPS once it reaches the US, so I would imagine I'd have the pickup option once it's trackable via USPS?

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

Who wants to look at lots and lots of diseased butt-holes?

:nms:
:nws:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Herbal-Musk-Ointment-Anti-Detoxify-Antibacterial-Antibiotic-Itching-Hemorrhoids-Cream-Body/32820840123.html
:nws:

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

I clicked it and welp, you weren't lying.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

In china surgery causes warts?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yep, those sure are.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Facebook Aunt posted:

Keloids maybe

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

Ever want to deglove your feet?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BAIMISS-Feet-Mask-Foot/32810897436.html

You wear these booties for an hour, and a week later all the "extra" skin on your feet just falls off in gross shreds.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Facebook Aunt posted:

No ring.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Ever want to deglove your feet?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BAIMISS-Feet-Mask-Foot/32810897436.html

You wear these booties for an hour, and a week later all the "extra" skin on your feet just falls off in gross shreds.

A chemical peel for your feet, just hope you don't gently caress it up and that you only melt the bit you want.

Not really that extreme though.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
What were those grow lights that everyone was talking up early? I'll probably wait until the inflated sale prices are gone to buy one but I want to keep an eye out anyways.

Also to go all Pinterest Mom about Dollar Tree, if you want a really cheap handmade gift that requires not a lot of actual artistic skill you can cut stencils out of vinyl contact paper and use glass etching cream to burn whatever you want onto their mugs (which are sturdy as gently caress) and wine glasses. Especially with nerds, a Vault Boy or Overwatch logo isn't hard to trace at all.

You can also use special markers for glass and ceramic for an even easier effect. There are a bunch of guides about doing it with regular Sharpie and baking it on but it's worth the extra few bucks for something that actually works.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

woah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
OP has been updated w/ some more craps at the bottom, recommend me craps to add if you like