Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

get a better flip phone, jesus ed balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:thunk: glad congress is working on tax cuts for our struggling billionaires

https://twitter.com/brookejarvis/status/901840333259948032

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

TRUMP

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/frankieboyle/status/901718936546410496

quote:

So are we heading for a Mad Max-style future? I don’t think so. After having lived through Donald Trump we’ll surely just call him Max. Trump is behaving so strangely, we’re probably about a month away from not being allowed to make jokes about him. He’s gone past Charlie Sheen and we’re now entering the bald Britney phase. It’s hard to imagine how America can go back to having a normal president after this. The next president will have to be a car with guns for wheels. After Trump, a Saturday Night Live sketch about Mike Pence would look like something by Samuel Beckett.

Trump is sort of like Father Dougal killed a man, so is wearing Father Jack as a disguise. He looks like the image burned into your retina should you watch a completely normal man burst into flames. Even on an HDTV he looks like a sixth generation VHS recording. A president with the temperament of a wasp that’s spent 40 minutes on musical hold, his Twitter feed reads like he’s building up a credible insanity defence for when he’s finally impeached. It’s not just that he lives on Twitter, he embodies it: digressive, petty, trivial, poisonous and self-aggrandising. He basically speaks like a totally random stream of tweets. One minute he’s on Mexicans, then he’s talking about his shoes, then a threat, then a joke about a cat.

Last week he held a rally in Phoenix, Arizona – possibly because he thought he’d blend in to a state that is orange, desolate and has a cavernous gap in its heart so huge, people travel the world just to gasp and cry. Phoenix is best known for the song By The Time I Get To Phoenix (She’ll Be Rising), in this case referring to Lilitu the she-demon of the apocalypse. Trump delivered one of his random rightwing word collages in front of a crowd who if they were any whiter would have had carrots for noses.

Imagine standing up in Arizona and talking about preserving white culture: a state so recently colonised that the dry cleaners still offer a smallpox cleansing service. White guys have only been in Arizona for 150 years – that’s not even enough time to fill a Costa loyalty card. He’s literally standing in Apache land, 150 years after their genocide, talking about protecting American culture; standing amid a culture people like him destroyed, talking about building a wall, like Simon Cowell launching the next series of The X Factor in the Cavern Club.
i like this frankie boyle guy

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

what happened to the spaghetti forecast?

Wrenever
Jul 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/DividendsMGR/status/901814414151692289

MAGA brokebrains cannot handle the reality of this image

Doesn't fit into the just worldview so it's fake news

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Guy Goodbody posted:

There are people in these cars. They're stuck

what part of town are you in, the heights?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Joementum posted:

:thunk: glad congress is working on tax cuts for our struggling billionaires

https://twitter.com/brookejarvis/status/901840333259948032

listen, we all have to tighten our belts

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

hahahahaaha on the good side it could go a different direction after gaining strength and gently caress somebody elses day up instead

It's gonna go hard east and go gently caress up florida

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
How hosed is Houston, looks p bad but I didn't really follow Katrina

How many katrinas is it on the katrina scale

Also did jeff make it

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Wrenever posted:

https://twitter.com/DividendsMGR/status/901814414151692289

MAGA brokebrains cannot handle the reality of this image

Doesn't fit into the just worldview so it's fake news

drain the swamp

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
KPRC live in Friendswood with civilian boats loaded up with axes and chainsaws to get into houses and returning with families and pets. It is pouring rain there and the water is rising.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
trump's been quiet for a couple hours. guess they found something to keep him busy.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Joementum posted:

trump's been quiet for a couple hours. guess they found something to keep him busy.

new hats

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Joementum posted:

the front nine four

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Wolfsheim posted:

How hosed is Houston, looks p bad but I didn't really follow Katrina

How many katrinas is it on the katrina scale

Also did jeff make it

6,000 deaths expected, and Katrina had 1,200 deaths, so five Katrinas, but that was before the forecast of restrengthening and a second landfall

saints gambit
Apr 8, 2004
a donut with no holes is a danish

Joementum posted:

Probably ogling the cart girl on the 9th green.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Sir Tonk posted:

It's gonna go hard east and go gently caress up florida

hit cat 4 again and then take it all out on mar a lago

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sir Tonk posted:

what part of town are you in, the heights?

fifth ward

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
is this trump"s katrina

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

texaholic posted:

KPRC live in Friendswood with civilian boats loaded up with axes and chainsaws to get into houses and returning with families and pets. It is pouring rain there and the water is rising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC5H9P4F5Uk

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Joementum posted:

Fidget spinner.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Martout posted:

:pray:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

galenanorth posted:

6,000 deaths expected, and Katrina had 1,200 deaths, so five Katrinas, but that was before the forecast of restrengthening and a second landfall

Stay safe crumbling infrastructure w incompetent crisis response management ghost

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Kurtofan posted:

is this trump"s katrina

it's going to be a lot worse

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Apraxin posted:

i like this frankie boyle guy

He's basically the cranking acidic UK equivalent to Bill Burr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iy0LWXWw9g

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Katrina federal relief approached $170b. This is gonna need more, and as stated, funds are already in the red.

This has the potential to fundamentally break the US government.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Rushi posted:

what is yospos

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
PEE TAPE ICREAM IS REAL AND NOT JUST RANDOM WORDS POSTED AT ME??@!?!?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

galenanorth posted:

isn't that 6000 number only if one of the dams fails?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
My old roommate toured Afghanistan and then spent time cleaning up after Katrina. He said the bloated corpse he found pinned under a door was worst thing he's ever smelled. He smoked more weed than anyone I've met in my entire life. That's my story thanks for reading

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Martout posted:

MAR-A-LAGO 2 WILL RISE FROM THE ASHES
BIGGER
AND BETTER
AND STRONGER
AND GREATER
GREATER
GREATER
THAN EVER BEFORE