Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

DrSeRRoD posted:

Inarius pretty much buffs every kind of damage that you can do.

Range is garbage apparently. I'm not seeing any real difference in completion times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Range is garbage apparently. I'm not seeing any real difference in completion times

It's not amazing damage. I prefer to use Unity or Lornelle's when running 70-75s just because the damage is usually there, but the toughness is not. Alternatively, Briggs/Strongarms is fun, but not as much as in torments with the huge range. I've tried T&T and Skeletons also, which was fun, but shame they're so weak at 50% wep damage.

E: Next patch, Pestilence will probably overtake Inarius for lazy rifts. Goodbye LazyStorm, hello LazyLance.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Aug 26, 2017

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!

JohnnySavs posted:

Do I still have time to gear up something that will clear GR75 for an idiot like me if Raiment, Inna's, or Archon-Tal won't cut it? Or am I beyond hope?

HT Garg seems the obvious choice.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DrunkFonzie-1401/hero/92165394

This is my Wizard: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Strangepants-1244/hero/92185269

I can clear T75 and your wizard looks comparable / slightly better. Are you keeping monsters at the edge of the screen as much as possible?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Dr Strangepants posted:

Are you keeping monsters at the edge of the screen as much as possible?

Just the tip.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

I need to finish another Conquest to get my stash tab. What's the easiest one after clearing T75? The 2min T10 rift? Can any goon help me out on that one? Strangepants #1244

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Dr Strangepants posted:

I need to finish another Conquest to get my stash tab. What's the easiest one after clearing T75? The 2min T10 rift? Can any goon help me out on that one? Strangepants #1244

50mil gold takes 5 mins at Ruins of Corvus/Cows if you have a leveled Boon. Otherwise, 20 min boss rush or 2min T10.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Dr Strangepants posted:

WELP just got it! The right T10 rift fell into my lap, first try today.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Dr Strangepants posted:

WELP just got it! The right T10 rift fell into my lap, first try today.

Nice. Avarice is super easy to get at Torment X Ruins of Corvus so go ahead and finish the whole season journey.

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.

Dr Strangepants posted:

This is my Wizard: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Strangepants-1244/hero/92185269

I can clear T75 and your wizard looks comparable / slightly better. Are you keeping monsters at the edge of the screen as much as possible?

Yeah, though it seems every other elite pack is leaping or some other modifier that gets up in my face despite me teleport kiting as best I can.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
FINALLY. Gambled a T&T after at least 18,000 blood shards. Kadala is the true Prime Evil.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

It's been a while since I've played Witch Doctor and apparently I've just been hoarding random greens. What should I go for?

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

I put together a Helltooth set recently. It's weird to just sit there while your minions do all the work, but I can do T65 easily, and T70 with some challenge (mostly due to low DMG output). I was thinking of trying another set, but I guess WD has to choose between no clicks or trying to keep a bunch of attack skills active at once??

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
While Blizzard is busy reshaping the game for 2.6.1, is there a good reason for defensive stats to still exist on jewelry? A long time ago they standardized stats on specific slots. Yet jewelry still feels like a loving weird holdover from the wacky itemization days of vanilla.

Sifting through high end builds for the various classes, I couldn't find a single one that wanted defensively-statted rings. Then there's the fact that you always need a socket because legendary gems are a thing. There are so many stars that have to align in order to get the ideal ring or amulet, it's ridiculous.

I'd like to see one of the following changes made to the game:
-Remove most defensive stats from the pool for jewelry (keep Vit I guess?)
-Let Ramalawhatevers be usable on jewelry.
-Alternatively, have jewelry always roll a socket the same way that pants and chest always now roll their sockets.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Pants and chest don't always roll sockets at all. Maybe they do for set items, I don't know. But it sure isn't true for other legendaries.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
While we're wishing on stars I think we should get a Gift for totally completing the seasons journey.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

While we're wishing on stars I think we should get a Gift for totally completing the seasons journey.

Someone suggested getting a 1-time consumable item for completing the last chapter that lets you upgrade any item you use it on to a primal. That would be pretty nice.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Whats the easiest conquest achievement to do, if you can even call them easy? They all seem outrageously difficult, except the one for reaching a greater rift level 75 solo.

I can't fathom killing all the bosses within 20 minutes of starting the game, or getting a 50 million gold streak outside the vault.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Node posted:

Whats the easiest conquest achievement to do, if you can even call them easy? They all seem outrageously difficult, except the one for reaching a greater rift level 75 solo.

I can't fathom killing all the bosses within 20 minutes of starting the game, or getting a 50 million gold streak outside the vault.

I got avarice with a couple gold items on and getting an invite to a bandit shrine

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Mind over Matter posted:

Pants and chest don't always roll sockets at all. Maybe they do for set items, I don't know. But it sure isn't true for other legendaries.

My favorite is depth diggers. No native socket roll and very hard to get good ones for DH grenades build.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Node posted:

The grindy but absolutely foolproof method to complete Avarice is collecting 50 bounty caches on T10, then opening them all at once with no pet active and without moving.

What's probably faster is doing a run through the Ruins of Corvus on T10ish with a goodly amount of gold find and a decently levelled Boon of the Hoarder after "preparing" the map (i.e. running through it once without killing anything, just opening all doors and making all the little scarab monsters spawn).

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

MMAgCh posted:

50 bounty caches

:stare:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I did say it's grindy and am not necessarily endorsing the method, mind you. :v: Corvus runs are pretty much guaranteed to let you complete the conquest in a far shorter span of time, but amassing caches is an option as well in case you really enjoy running bounties and/or need a lot of the act-specific crafting materials.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

MMAgCh posted:

The grindy but absolutely foolproof method to complete Avarice is collecting 50 bounty caches on T10, then opening them all at once with no pet active and without moving.

What's probably faster is doing a run through the Ruins of Corvus on T10ish with a goodly amount of gold find and a decently levelled Boon of the Hoarder after "preparing" the map (i.e. running through it once without killing anything, just opening all doors and making all the little scarab monsters spawn).

Just do it on t11, much easier.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

Node posted:

The bosses in 20 minutes one is a lot easier than it appears. It's only on T10 and most speed builds demolish T10 bosses and RGs. You can do it with others too to cut down the time it takes to find all the bosses. Two players can easily do it with 3-4 minutes to spare.

For avarice, level 50 boon of the hoarder + mob dense area = 50 million gold streak easily. I got it without even trying on a T12 weeping hollow rift floor.

Suspicious fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Aug 27, 2017

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

Am I doing something wrong with my necro build? I can clear up to GR 50 or so fine, but anything above that kicks my rear end.

Here's the link to the char: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/diremonk-1989/hero/92132879

Do I keep on rolling with the Rathma set or switch over to Inarus for lazystorm? I've got five pieces of that in my stash. I also have the two piece Jesseth set, but both of those aren't as good as what I'm currently using?

Any ideas or should I just work on getting better?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
The Jesseth set is miles better because it buffs all of your minions, which notably includes your Singularity mages. The ordinary skeletons really deal no worthwhile damage in the average necro build and are used only for the Jesseth proc as well as their active skill effect.

Jewellery-wise you need Krysbin's Sentence. Try to get your hands on the Rathma boots so you can lose the RoRG in the cube. The single Restraint ring obviously is doing you no favours either, so replace that with a Convention of Elements or a Unity (I'd tend toward the latter because Rathma necros deal stupid amounts of damage as it is). The Endless Walk set is an option as well.

Your cubed armour slot item should be Tasker & Theo, as much of a pain to acquire it can be. You'd probably get more mileage out of an amethyst in the helm as well. The belt should probably be Dayntee's Binding; you'd currently need to lose a skill in order to use Decrepify, so I'd go with Frailty because your damage output should/will be the least of your concerns.

Consider slotting the Final Service passive if you find yourself dying too much. Extended Servitude is the one passive I absolutely wouldn't drop for it; the rest are handy but not strictly essential.

I'm on mobile right now and the b.net profile won't let me look at your items' affix rolls, but the above should be enough to get you started. Make no mistake though, Rathma necros simply are squishy as hell, so careful play and letting your minions absorb as many attacks as possible are pretty much required.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Yeah. As another Rathma Necro, my first recommendations are echoing MMAgCH's. (My char for reference: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jolinar-1232/hero/92453545 )

My immediate recommendations are very similar: Get yourself a Krysbin's, and a Tasker & Theo. If you're worried about the Julian's, you can get a bunch of blood shards, make another Necromancer and start gambling for rings at level 1. (I did, and I ended up getting it within a dozen rings.)

I'm honestly ambivalent on the Endless Walk set. I like it myself, but there are times I find it a little too fiddly, especially when I'm running away from everything.

Swap out Spreading Malediction for Final Service. That death cheat will help you out a ton as well.

For your follower, going for the 'follower cannot die' trinket + Unity rings can also get you a lot of extra mileage. Even if the stats are wrong for that follower, the big thing will be all that extra life your follower gives you.

To get your Jesseth set, don't gamble for it, upgrade shields and one-handed scythes in the cube. You'll get them a *lot* faster. (You'd think the offhand would be a phylactery, but nope. It's a shield.)

If you want to swap your curse to Decrepify, I'd also recommend a Dayntee's Binding belt.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Any tips for the necro challenge on EU? I always end up having the last floor leave me at 90% mobs and having to go into the 5th level making me lose a lot of time.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Zedd posted:

Any tips for the necro challenge on EU? I always end up having the last floor leave me at 90% mobs and having to go into the 5th level making me lose a lot of time.

Are you trying to just finish it for the first time or trying to improve your time?

If you're just trying to finish it for the mats, join a public game. You can have up to four players who need to kill the same amount of mobs working together and you still get the rewards

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I did it, goons! For possibly the first time ever not counting the very first day of a season, I'm on a leaderboard. #647 on the Seasonal Barbarian board for clearing a GR 76 in ten and a half minutes. :unsmith:

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

MMAgCh posted:

The Jesseth set is miles better because it buffs all of your minions, which notably includes your Singularity mages. The ordinary skeletons really deal no worthwhile damage in the average necro build and are used only for the Jesseth proc as well as their active skill effect.

Jewellery-wise you need Krysbin's Sentence. Try to get your hands on the Rathma boots so you can lose the RoRG in the cube. The single Restraint ring obviously is doing you no favours either, so replace that with a Convention of Elements or a Unity (I'd tend toward the latter because Rathma necros deal stupid amounts of damage as it is). The Endless Walk set is an option as well.

Your cubed armour slot item should be Tasker & Theo, as much of a pain to acquire it can be. You'd probably get more mileage out of an amethyst in the helm as well. The belt should probably be Dayntee's Binding; you'd currently need to lose a skill in order to use Decrepify, so I'd go with Frailty because your damage output should/will be the least of your concerns.

GoingPostal posted:

For your follower, going for the 'follower cannot die' trinket + Unity rings can also get you a lot of extra mileage. Even if the stats are wrong for that follower, the big thing will be all that extra life your follower gives you.

To get your Jesseth set, don't gamble for it, upgrade shields and one-handed scythes in the cube. You'll get them a *lot* faster. (You'd think the offhand would be a phylactery, but nope. It's a shield.)

If you want to swap your curse to Decrepify, I'd also recommend a Dayntee's Binding belt.

Thanks for the advice, I have both of the Jesseth items, but wasn't using them because it was showing that it was 30% damage loss per item. I guess that damage is only for my character not the mages or skeletons. I've got the Dayntees belt in my bank, I've swap it out.

To get Tasker & Theo, best to gamble for those or upgrade at the cube? I'm kicking myself because I had a Krysbin but salvaged it because it wasn't an improvement. Of course, now that I don't need it I got three Nailui's Evol gambling.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Gamble for armor pieces, upgrade (use DBs) on jewelry/weapons.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

diremonk posted:

Thanks for the advice, I have both of the Jesseth items, but wasn't using them because it was showing that it was 30% damage loss per item. I guess that damage is only for my character not the mages or skeletons. I've got the Dayntees belt in my bank, I've swap it out.

To get Tasker & Theo, best to gamble for those or upgrade at the cube? I'm kicking myself because I had a Krysbin but salvaged it because it wasn't an improvement. Of course, now that I don't need it I got three Nailui's Evol gambling.

Your sheet toughness and dps is extremely misleading if not outright wrong. Most builds depend so heavily on synergies that can't be reflected as a simple number. I usually ignore it. If you are unsure of what stats to roll or what leg to use check out a build on icy veins or see what the top leaderboards are running.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
What you have to keep in mind while looking at leaderboards is they don't show consistent clears. What they show is who fished for the perfect rift for their build. If they get a nonoptimal one they probably would die just as much as you do, assuming they even bothered to try in the first place instead of leaving the game and remaking.

Rathma is squishy. The leaderboard kings have the same problem you do.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Yeah. I am super squish. When I run a grift, the first sign of an enemy, I pop my mages. If there's something there they'll see it before it shows up on my screen and start wailing on it.

Do you use auto cast? I use the Cannibalize rune with Devour and it helps a fair amount too.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Edit: nevermind!

Malkof fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Aug 28, 2017

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Whats an easy to learn Trag'Oul build? I looked at some of the builds on Diablofans, and it seems the strongest is one where you have lots of CDR, have Simulacrum and Land of the Dead, and you blood rush around, gathering up elite packs, and unleashing your two big skills on the packs, rinse and repeat. Does anyone have a suggestion for T13/Rift farming build?

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Node posted:

Whats an easy to learn Trag'Oul build? I looked at some of the builds on Diablofans, and it seems the strongest is one where you have lots of CDR, have Simulacrum and Land of the Dead, and you blood rush around, gathering up elite packs, and unleashing your two big skills on the packs, rinse and repeat. Does anyone have a suggestion for T13/Rift farming build?

AFAIK most of the blood builds worth a drat are very CD dependent. I'm currently using this blood/pet build to farm bounties but it can clear XIII.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Node posted:

Trag'Oul Bloodlancer build is very.. difficult and honestly not very fun to play (just my taste). I use it though still for doing GR90. But yes, what you do is find elites (try not to group up too much trash because it can make targetting the elites difficult), dash around until Sim+LoD is off CD and then pop it and pop all the elites you can. I find it very difficult especially in later rifts because even the combo may not be enough to kill like 6-pack blues and targetting becomes a huge issue. It's still very effective and one of the better ones for pushing high GRs. In between CD, you spam Decrepy with Opportunity and try to proc Blood is Power (20% cd reduction rune) to get them off CD ASAP, and then you can use your Blood Rush to spawn corpses and make up a pile and wait for CoE to cycle to Physical and then unleash the pack of corpses but I find you generally don't get much mileage out of that. You will want to have about ~50% CDR on gear alone before you bother using it. I'm at 49.5% or something when I use it and still takes quite awhile.

If you want T13 Rift/Bounty or up to GR 80-85, do an Innarius Bonestorm build. Let me see if I can figure out how to link mine here in a sec. I very consistently do sub 4-minute GRs 80 with it. If I'm doing ~70 or less I have a slight modification to go even faster for easy ~2:30+/- GR70s or lower

Xaris fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Aug 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Good news all I finished the Season Journey.