Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

cubicle gangster posted:

Does anyone know why telltale haven't made an Archer game yet?
Pretty niche relative to the other stuff they do, nobody but the actual staff under the supervision of Adam Reed could plausibly write it, the humor is super dependent on the editing providing comic timing which would be ruined by the interactivity of a game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
Some of that could be mitigated but I guess it wouldn't be that straightforward... you're right that it would have to be written & directed entirely by the regular Archer team.
I just finished watching s7, and last week finally played tales of the borderlands and it seems like they could make it work if they tried.
I feel like Archer is more well known than borderlands at least.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Aug 27, 2017

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Borderlands 2 has sold more than 13 million copies so it's not exactly a niche title. Archer is a great show but I'm pretty certain borderlands is more well known than archer.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

H jon benjamin is probably too busy on his 12 shows to do a video game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Has naughty dog ever made a game where the characters walk/run as a decent speed? Crash, jak, the uc characters all loving move painfully slow - especially jak and like chloe who do a lot of backtrackin

I ferget if tlou has a sprint

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

TLOU has a sprint it's L1. One of the many reasons it's their best game.

It's not so much that you move slow in ND games it's that you move at the speed the game wants you to so it looks as cinematic as possible. It's honestly one of the biggest things that annoys the gently caress out me about Uncharted. "Hey you know that button that does a thing? Well, it doesn't do that now because we didn't think it would look cool here." "Trying to take cover/dodge? Sorry dude we thought that would look lame so Chloe is just gonna run her fingers on this wall for a second, bounce around for a bit and do the opposite of what you are trying to do by taking cover in front of point blank shotgun barrels. I know it completely failed on a basic functional level but you have to admit it looked pretty realistic."

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
All games controllers are great and you should be able to switch between them at will to call yourself a true gamer

apart from that abomination of an original xbox controller

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The DS4 is probably the smoothest feeling controller I've ever handled and makes my XB360 feel cumbersome by comparison. I still use the 360 gamepad for PC games though because I'm too lazy to unplug my DS4 and move it two feet to my USB panel.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Who designed the UI for the Gwent game? I stopped playing during the tutorial because I realized I would have to either squint or move comically close to the TV to see anything.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Macarius Wrench posted:

All games controllers are great and you should be able to switch between them at will to call yourself a true gamer

apart from that abomination of an original xbox controller

You are not a man until you have caved your enemy's head in with a Duke :manning:.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Now I want to buy a non working The Duke gamepad just to have it on my shelf.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cool now maybe I can play one of those 'new games' I've heard so much about.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Does the new DS4 controller for the Pro even have a separate name, or do they just love confusing the crap out of users with all their product naming?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ufarn posted:

Does the new DS4 controller for the Pro even have a separate name, or do they just love confusing the crap out of users with all their product naming?

It doesn't have a new name because that would tank the value of "old" unsold controllers. But the new Dualshock is easily recognized; simply look for the light strip above the touchpad.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So maybe this'll lead to something or maybe not but Target out of nowhere put up a listing for a Game of Thrones game made by Bethesda.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Policenaut posted:

So maybe this'll lead to something or maybe not but Target out of nowhere put up a listing for a Game of Thrones game made by Bethesda.

The Red Wedding won't be the same with the corpse of your first wife falling through the ceiling.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Red Wedding won't be the same with the corpse of your first wife falling through the ceiling.

Drogon is a lot less scary when he aborts his strafing run to spin around in midair and dive headfirst into the ground.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I can't wait for the Macho Man drogon or white walker dong physics mods.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Guillermus posted:

I can't wait for the Macho Man drogon or white walker dong physics mods.

Macho Man Joffery

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Whoever takes the throne will be the one who is not permanently stuck in a hillside.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Policenaut posted:

i have to say at this point i am impressed with the effort level they've put forward in reselling skyrim

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I'd be relieved if it was Bethesda cause I managed to quit the show a while ago and if it was a better RPG developer like Obsidian or CD Projekt Red that might pull me back in against my better judgement.

Really it's screaming for the KoTOR 2 treatment let by an outsider who isn't a blind fanboy.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I'd be relieved if it was Bethesda cause I managed to quit the show a while ago and if it was a better RPG developer like Obsidian or CD Projekt Red that might pull me back in against my better judgement.

Really it's screaming for the KoTOR 2 treatment let by an outsider who isn't a blind fanboy.

Bethesda doesn't necessarily made by Bethesda the developer since Bethesda is also a publisher.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

There was already a Game of Thrones RPG (not the Telltale visual novel) and it wasn't half bad from what I remember. Reminiscent of Witcher 2 actually

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

There was already a Game of Thrones RPG (not the Telltale visual novel) and it wasn't half bad from what I remember. Reminiscent of Witcher 2 actually

That was made by Cyanide and it was bad

Andrast fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Aug 27, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Andrast posted:

Bethesda doesn't necessarily made by Bethesda the developer since Bethesda is also a publisher.

A Faceless Men game in the Dishonored 2 engine wouldn't be the worst thing. A step backwards in terms of interesting setting, though

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I wouldn't mind an elder scrolls style open world game set in the game of thrones universe but bethesda's writing staff aren't who I'd want writing it

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

A Faceless Men game in the Dishonored 2 engine wouldn't be the worst thing. A step backwards in terms of interesting setting, though

Not if you ran around the other parts of the world than Westeros.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I'm not sure that would make a significant difference, actually. What are they going to do, make it about feudal politics and how all the nobles are actually shitheads? GoT was pretty much already about tearing down the fantasy novel cliches and making the point that life in such a situation was nasty, brutish, and short. Heroic fantasy like Star Wars has a lot of ingrained assumptions to attack, GoT not so much.

Though, Bethesda will definitely make this into Generic Fantasy RPG #852.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Renoistic posted:

Who designed the UI for the Gwent game? I stopped playing during the tutorial because I realized I would have to either squint or move comically close to the TV to see anything.

Press R2 to zoom in on a selected card?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Obsidian would at least be in fitting with the game of thrones books. Because then the game would also be unfinished.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Andrast posted:

That was made by Cyanide and it was bad

It wasn't that bad but you could have removed the Game of Thrones brand and no one would have noticed.

it was a generic, low budget WRPG.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
The train sequence in Uncharted 2 has to be the most amazing and frustrating experience I've ever had as a gamer. drat. This game is wild.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What is preloadable coming out this week and what is playable 12 est?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Morby posted:

The train sequence in Uncharted 2 has to be the most amazing and frustrating experience I've ever had as a gamer. drat. This game is wild.

You'll have to be more specific: the first, second, third, or fourth train sequence

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Feenix posted:

What is preloadable coming out this week and what is playable 12 est?

Yakuza and Everybody's Golf both have preloads and are playable at 12.

Wouldn't be surprised if a couple others were like Pillars of Eternity or RE.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You'll have to be more specific: the first, second, third, or fourth train sequence

I guess this is the third? The part I was referencing was the last part of the flashback sequence with helicopters and whatnot.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

glam rock hamhock posted:

Is Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles any good?

It depends on how interested you are in those sorts of games I guess. There's no combat and the farm gameplay/mechanics are bad and forgettable, so it's basically just gathering, exploring, crafting and completing quests. I thought the game sorely needed an occasional teleport. I did still have fun with it though, but I played it on PC so not sure if there's any performance issues or anything. I would also probably wait until you could get it for $10-15bux.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
On this Uncharted talk. I have the vita game and it seems alright but it hasn't compelled me to keep going back to it obsessively. I also have the Drake collection on PS4, so, if I'm not totally enthralled with the vita one, should I still play it (I know it's a prequel) or skip it and move on to the other games. If I'm not loving the vita one will I still like the other games? (I loved The Last of Us, just for the record). I know this is one of those vague questions no one can really answer for anyone else but I thought someone might have some insight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The best way to know is just play them? You can stop whenever you want