Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Flight core is as underwhelming in FD as it is in multiplayer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Sometimes I kill a titan with it. Honestly I'm starting to find it better for mopping up large groups of stalkers and reapers.

There's a part on forward base where stalkers come over a tiny hill in a big perfect line and I can get 6 stalker kills with a single railgun round. That's kinda cool.

I'm soooo close to unlocking the faster railgun charging. That's gonna be so great.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Tone does not feel very powerful despite being able to get double marks and in a very wide radius compared to SP, but the thing just prints support points for no work at all

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Digirat posted:

Tone does not feel very powerful despite being able to get double marks and in a very wide radius compared to SP, but the thing just prints support points for no work at all

loving support point king right there.
Throw down a good sonar and just rack the points up

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Tone is comparably lackluster in it's output, but it shines in being able to basically shoot missiles at everything on the map once.

Of course this is irrelevant to Papa Scorch, Avatar of Pele, whose utility to is to tell someone to go gently caress themselves, while simultaneously saying that to everybody within fifty feet of the guy you're telling to get hosed. And pretty much always having a 'delete titan' button that is flame core. Good loving grief, I wish you could see a comprehensive stat breakdown after matches because Scorch on rise must be putting out an astronomical amount of damage, kills, and whatever else but I'll never know because i'm always MVP.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
On Rise, northstar can usually shoot 4 titans at once with piercing shot.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I played and beat Rise on hard and did alone more points with a fast charge Northstar than the rest of the team. I just saved tether for ronin titans to stop them and then blow 'em with the railgun.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Legion on any map with a chokepoint is completely broken once you unlock the first aegis upgrade.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
The trophy to get top 3 on the Gauntlet leaderboard is killing me. I've watched a bunch of guides and I grab the secret EPG but it's still just eluding me

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

SpookyLizard posted:

Tone is comparably lackluster in it's output, but it shines in being able to basically shoot missiles at everything on the map once.

Of course this is irrelevant to Papa Scorch, Avatar of Pele, whose utility to is to tell someone to go gently caress themselves, while simultaneously saying that to everybody within fifty feet of the guy you're telling to get hosed. And pretty much always having a 'delete titan' button that is flame core. Good loving grief, I wish you could see a comprehensive stat breakdown after matches because Scorch on rise must be putting out an astronomical amount of damage, kills, and whatever else but I'll never know because i'm always MVP.

I average 7000 combat points on Rise with scorch. It's ridiculous

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
Let it be known that Swordmaster Ronin with Highlander is insanely fun and hilarious. Just an endlessly sustainable murdertrain which only Scorch can keep up with. 10/10 would weeb again.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Funnily most ronin players I found are garbage that nuke eject all the time.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i just thought this looked cool

http://i.imgur.com/i748FUB.gifv

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Guillermus posted:

Funnily most ronin players I found are garbage that nuke eject all the time.

Nuke eject is fun

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Also, hitting "Ready" will release your grenade in the campaign

http://i.imgur.com/TbSdeqq.gifv

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
My god I love executioner on Legion. Deleting nukes is so loving satisfying :haw:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I don't understand how it works... In what situation does it bypass doomed state? When it does enough damage to take them into a doomed state, they juat blow up instead? I couldn't ever get that to work.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Snak posted:

When it does enough damage to take them into a doomed state, they juat blow up instead?

Yes.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
But hitting them with power shot in the doomed state doesn't seem to instant kill them, so it's kind of a small window...

In other news, I just played a match of attrition after playing nothing but FD for a week and somehow I got way better.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Legion's close range power shot is pretty strong so it's a good call to hit a nuke titan with it when it's down to under a single bar of health if you want the Executioner benefit to kick in. Note that it's weaker with hidden compartment on.

Being able to safely delete a nuke titan at point blank range feels real good.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Xarbala posted:

Legion's close range power shot is pretty strong so it's a good call to hit a nuke titan with it when it's down to under a single bar of health if you want the Executioner benefit to kick in. Note that it's weaker with hidden compartment on.

Being able to safely delete a nuke titan at point blank range feels real good.

Yep. Use the close range power shot when they're in the one health pip left state.

Neat side note: The spread is wide enough that you can get fancy with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inI3oFohMhk

It sure was useful to have in that pub game where nobody but me went after nukes and we lost the harvester to god drat grunts and drones :shepface:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that does seems good. The problem I have is I'm usually not the only person shooting at something, so I have trouble hitting the window before a titan enters doomed state.

As soon as I get the fast charge for Northstar, I'll have a pretty good toolbox between legion, scorch, and northstar.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Snak posted:

But hitting them with power shot in the doomed state doesn't seem to instant kill them, so it's kind of a small window...

In other news, I just played a match of attrition after playing nothing but FD for a week and somehow I got way better.

Doomed state is an additional, second health bar titans get when their HP hit zero. Execution makes the CRM powershot just kill them instead of taking them to doomed state if it would deal enough damage to drop them to 0 HP.

It does a ton of damage so it's not that hard to kill with it - just wait until they have a bit less than one tab of health left and do it from relatively close.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The swiss knife of titans is Monarch. Get healing laser for team mates, maelstrom for high damaging smoke (that heals if you have the aegis upgrade) and the accelerator as 3rd core upgrade. If you play more on offense, swap laser heal for arc rounds and you can gently caress up gunshields and other energy stuff real good.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

What's the best perk for tone in FD? Most of the titans seem to have ones I can write off but all of tone's seem really good. Double sonar has been working best for me so far

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Double sonar or better energy wall for me worked well enough.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Ronin's pretty fun in FD. He can solo hold final wave right lane on rise fairly well, too

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Digirat posted:

What's the best perk for tone in FD? Most of the titans seem to have ones I can write off but all of tone's seem really good. Double sonar has been working best for me so far

Double sonar all the way.
Paired with his aegis that increases the time poo poo is marked and increases damage on marked enemies, if you do it right you'll never not have something marked and taking extra damage

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Blind Duke posted:

Flight core is as underwhelming in FD as it is in multiplayer

Yup, Flight Core should be full on Itano circus with missiles all over the place that don't really need to be aimed. It should just gently caress up a good chunk of area. It's complete poo poo in every way: it looks bad, it sucks and it makes you a massive target in MP.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lemon-Lime posted:

Doomed state is an additional, second health bar titans get when their HP hit zero. Execution makes the CRM powershot just kill them instead of taking them to doomed state if it would deal enough damage to drop them to 0 HP.

It does a ton of damage so it's not that hard to kill with it - just wait until they have a bit less than one tab of health left and do it from relatively close.

I know what doomed state is, I'm saying that I hit the button to trigger powershot and then while my power sgot is charging some other player knocks the titan into doomed state. So I've never pulled off an execution.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Well, you said it yourself

Snak posted:

The average player of this game is dumber than dirt.

But when it does land and some gloryhog ronin isn't trying to play hot potato with the nuke titans in your path, it feels real good

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Haha I think these AI titans are not so smart and then a scorch just turns around and airshots me from 20 meters away as I'm going for a rodeo

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I feel like Scorch is the most dangerous AI to be around, if only because no other titan has trickshot me from weird angles like he has.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I feel like Scorch is the most dangerous AI to be around, if only because no other titan has trickshot me from weird angles like he has.

He seems really, really aggressive lately. Super agile and poo poo and pulling off ridiculous shots.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Scorches do seem to be able to hit me way more accurately than anything else. It feels like they were just given perfect accuracy since it matters less than any other titan if a scorch has perfect accuracy. Which is true, but I'm not sure they should be able to make the trick shots they do so often. One time I used flight core in front of two of them so that there was no longer an obstruction between us, and they burned my health from 75% to doomed in less than a second. I haven't even gone above regular difficulty so I'm assuming everything's accuracy is only going to get better from here

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

What are good things to buy with credits in FD?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Digirat posted:

What are good things to buy with credits in FD?

Turrets, arc traps and amped weapons. If your team is bad then the shield one is good too. Once I've got Turrets I tend to get battery every round too.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I should have said "for" FD, I mean for stuff you unlock early

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Get yourself the Thunderbolt as anti-titan as it builds titan meter like crazy and can damage more than one target at a time. Phase embark and titan hunter are cool perks. And for main weapons, LMG's and grenadier weapons are fine choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
SMR