Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

quote:

In a place famous for its lack of building zone regulations, thousands of homes are located in floodplains and next to bayous and creeks.

"Are" located?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Zebulon posted:

They've been evacuated, thankfully.

The cat in the background was rescued too, according to one source:

https://twitter.com/citizenservant/status/901868886957498369

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

ilmucche posted:

Didn't McGregor open at +1000 or something?

I only looked at the odds on fight night. Typically odds will trend towards the betting average, so it's likely a lot of people took the 10:1 odds and forced it down to 3:1.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Jesus gently caress the power is still on. Whatever you do don't shuffle too close to wherever a wall socket lurks among the murk if you are carrying a pacemaker.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Zipperelli. posted:

Schadenfreude for people in Texas who spent tons of money on hurricane prep: Harvey has been downgraded to Cat 1, and is expected to be downgraded again here soon.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zipperelli. posted:

Schadenfreude for people in Texas who spent tons of money on hurricane prep: Harvey has been downgraded to Cat 1, and is expected to be downgraded again here soon.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

These words, how do they taste?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

You can't fool me, those are just photos of Detroit you ran through the Photoshop flood plug-in. :colbert:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Karate Bastard posted:

Jesus gently caress the power is still on. Whatever you do don't shuffle too close to wherever a wall socket lurks among the murk if you are carrying a pacemaker.

well no, if you get shocked and it fucks up your heart you would want to be the guy with a pacemaker, since it will get your heart going properly again.

unless the electric shock just burns out the pacemaker too, I guess. hmmm. further research is needed

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!

Sagebrush posted:

unless the electric shock just burns out the pacemaker too, I guess. hmmm. further research is needed

And that's why Sagebrush isn't allowed near a nursing home anymore.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

zakharov posted:

Hey Zippy, just wondering if you regret this post

Eh. Can't take it back now so I might as well own it. Schadenfreude is on me on this one.

Icon Of Sin posted:

These words, how do they taste?

Like shoe leather.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

5 deaths from Harvey

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

oldpainless posted:

5 deaths from Harvey

I heard 5 before the new body found at Walmart, so at least 6 I guess

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Sad. Truly tragic.

Mongolian Queef
May 6, 2004

oldpainless posted:

Sad. Truly tragic.

More like hopefullypainless.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Mongolian Queef posted:

More like hopefullypainless.

More like Oldlifeless

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Besesoth posted:

IIRC, the schadenfreude isn't on MacGregor, it's on what are apparently the overwhelming majority of fans who bet on him to win.

The real vast majority of the MacGregor bets were very small "What if I beat the odds" bets.

EDIT: f;b

Samizdata has a new favorite as of 23:44 on Aug 27, 2017

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Stoatbringer posted:

"Are" located?

Until the water's gone you can't prove anything is wrong with the house.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Azhais posted:

lol don't cry about the white supremacists drowning

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Karate Bastard posted:

The bigger danger to old frail immune systems is probably that they're wading in sewage

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

A police chief was just outed as the owner of a neo-Nazi record label

http://www.newsweek.com/oklahoma-police-chief-quits-after-being-linked-neo-nazi-websites-655674?amp=1

quote:

An Oklahoma police chief plans to resign after being accused of links to neo-Nazi websites.

Reserve officer Bart Alsbrook was appointed temporary police chief in the town of Colbert near the Texan border Tuesday.

Texas-based broadcast news network KXII channel 12 had probed local racist groups identified in a hate map by the non-profit civil rights group the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC).

White supremacist organizations in the U.S. have come under renewed scrutiny in recent weeks following the deadly Charlottesville rally, in which an anti-racism protester was killed.

The network found that Alsbrook’s name was on ownership records for two neo-Nazi websites: ISD Records and NS88 Videos.

The groups sell Nazi and confederate memorabilia, and neo-Nazi music by bands including The Klansmen with album titles including Hitler was Right.

The network reported that both websites were taken offline after Alsbrook was questioned about his links to them.

Speaking to news website Tulsa World Saturday, Alsbrook denied involvement with the websites, and said his name had been linked to them by local skinhead groups in a bid to smear him.

“Someone has been using my name for years on the internet in regards to racist topics. It’s not me, rather someone who has hijacked my name due to my combativeness and rejection to white power skinheads who were always coming to the heavy metal shows, starting fights and messing up our scene,” he said, as quoted by the website.

Alsbrook said neo-Nazis in Dallas have been using his name since the mid-90s.

“We hate each other,” he said. “They use my name in all sorts of things.”

The SPLC had previously identified Alsbrook as Texas coordinator of racist skinhead group Blood and Honor and NS88 chief.

According to the SPLC, Blood and Honor emerged in the racist skinhead music scene in the U.K. in the 1980s, subsequently spread to the U.S., and advocates race war.

When asked if he planned to sue those who he alleged smeared his name, Alsbrook told Tulsa World “wish I could.” He later siad reports on his ties to racist groups placed his family in danger.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Azhais posted:

Yeah but it was in a Wal★Mart. How can we be sure it was the hurricane that killed them?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/0sF5l5O.gifv

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tourette's?

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Subjunctive posted:

Tourette's?

Druuuugz

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

Tourette's?

Gakked out of his mind

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Subjunctive posted:

Tourette's?

Cocaine probably

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Harvey is expected to be stuck for some time before dissipating.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Wowsers! Gee golly! 125mph so fast!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/901190479798312961

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Trump would look more presidential if he got a photo like this taken of him:

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

8-9 fatalities yesterday, 6 today.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

WrenP-Complete posted:

8-9 fatalities yesterday, 6 today.

You know what they say, God hates fags.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Lechtansi posted:

?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/fla-man-labels-hurricane-matthew-act-god-meant-punish-gays-article-1.2820986

Varsity
Jun 4, 2006

I have heard only two things come from Texas. I've never confirmed it tho.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Quite a lot of blowhards said that Hurricane Katrina was God’s punishment for America’s alleged tolerance of homosexuality.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Lechtansi posted:

Can't confirm.

They make great angels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014