Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Nikki Cross being a full-fledged face even without any good heels is probably preferable to her torpedoing any and all of the less over faces. Someone could even use her overness to turn heel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Basic Chunnel posted:

I mean that sounds like a Stone Cold segment so yeah that's still a face thing

Yeah but it's a step towards it instead of just they're teaming now.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Is the MYC now for the NXT women's championship?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Is the MYC now for the NXT women's championship?

I see it more likely to set up a contender who would then probably have to go up against Ember/Nikki/both?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Would the current roster be buried more or buried less if they put up the belt to be fought over exclusively by new hires

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

The important question that nobody's asked: where the gently caress are the Authors of Pain?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

AoP probably getting called up soon.

Sanity as crazy tweeners is fine. That tag match with Cross and Riot sounds like some good story telling.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The crowd loves Nikki anyway so having her work as face-leaning tweener just makes sense

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Open Marriage Night posted:

Sanity as crazy tweeners is fine. That tag match with Cross and Riot sounds like some good story telling.

https://twitter.com/Akam_WWE/status/899808594010546176
Was posted during RAW and then nothing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Revival did that like five goddamn times before they were actually called up, so. Grain of salt.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

theyre just told to post that poo poo as if theyre watching it

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Open Marriage Night posted:

Yeah, Nikki not liking the Iconics makes sense and there might be some skits or segments with Billie and Peyton taunting Ruby to find a partner.

Now, serious question, if Asuka's on Raw, who wins when she inevitably feuds with the only person as invincible and over as her: BRAUN?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, Nikki not liking the Iconics makes sense and there might be some skits or segments with Billie and Peyton taunting Ruby to find a partner.

Now, serious question, if Asuka's on Raw, who wins when she inevitably feuds with the only person as invincible and over as her: BRAUN?

They stop in the middle of the fight, look into each other's eyes, and realize they're each what the other has been looking for their whole lives.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Asuka takes both Raw and Smackdown titles and will defend them both against all the women at the same time and it will be like that one fight in Kingdom Hearts 2 (which was bad btw) where you fight 1000 heartless or whatever.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Asuka will run undefeated until she is forced to job to Ronda

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Asuka will put Sasha over.

Sasha will blow out her knee again two minutes into the match, leaving Asuka to carry and put her over, only to vacate the title the next night,. Asuka will be blamed for the injury.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Sasha will accidentally knock herself out, then Asuka will kick her into a concussion in frustration

e: Sasha will probably give herself a concussion first to be fair

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Rumored plans for the finals of the MYC have been posted:

quote:

Dave Meltzer reported on the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE has discussed having the winner of the Mae Young Classic to be crowned the new NXT Women’s Champion. WWE is planning on holding the finals of the women’s tournament in Las Vegas on Tuesday, September 12th at 10 pm EST after SmackDown goes off the air that night.

Needless to say, that means either Kairi Sane or Shayna Baszler will be your next NXT Womens Champion if true. As for reaction from certain parts of the internet, its been less than positive, some claiming its a slap to the face to the "established nxt women". Then others are blaming Asuka for it, claiming she ruined the Womens Division as a result of this.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

How could anyone blame Asuka for how she's been booked? It's not like she's booking herself.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Skinty McEdger posted:

How could anyone blame Asuka for how she's been booked? It's not like she's booking herself.

Because she's "buried" the division on her own. Totally. When asked who would be a suitable champ, the #1 answer I've seen is....Peyton Royce. :psyduck:

Also people are claiming this will ruin the prestige of the title, soooo yeah.

Giant Murderbaby
Dec 16, 2012
It seems to me that a lot of WWE fans just want to see titles get hot-shotted around around half the roster so all their faves get a go, rather than having decent championship runs to make the title feel like it means something. Not terribly surprising considering that's how titles are often treated in the booking.

"You-deserve-it" *clap clap clap-clap-clap* etc.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wwe fans have been taught the wrong lessons about wrestling for like 50 years so

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I'm thinking if this rumor is true (who knows), I think the heavy favorite to win the tournament will probably shift from Kairi to Shayna, probably because WWE (although to be more specific, Stephanie) is hellbent on getting Ronda to have a match in the company, so they'll put the NXT Women's Title on Shayna in hopes that Ronda will compete at Wrestlemania or something.

I've also seen ideas where the winner of the MYC should face the winner of a battle royale or fatal 4-way among the NXT women to determine the new champion. Of course the problem with that being that those same people go on to argue that the MYC winner should fall short, because they haven't been in NXT as long, and its "not fair" that they get to leap frog ahead of everyone else, and if the MYC winner takes the title, it buries the current NXT Womens Division.

Giant Murderbaby
Dec 16, 2012
The title has just been vacated. There is a big women's tournament tournament happening in the same time frame. It makes immediate sense to have that tournament be for the title. The "burying" is another instance of frustrated marks hiding behind smarky terms to make their fanboyism sound like analysis.

EDIT: in any instance I hope they don't use a battle royal. It's such a random and messy a match to determine a champ.

Giant Murderbaby fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Aug 28, 2017

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Who outside of the tournament is any good? Ruby, Nikki and Ember?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Who outside of the tournament is any good? Ruby, Nikki and Ember?

If we are talking kayfabe: Ruby, Nikki, Ember.

If we are talking actually good/decent in the ring: Ruby, Nikki, Ember, and Peyton.

However, Peyton is pretty much bottom of the pack when it comes to NXT roster W/L records (20% win rate since 2015), so I don't get why people think she should suddenly get the title, because she very rarely wins; combined with the fact that NXT's creative team doesn't seem to think very highly of the Iconic Duo.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 28, 2017

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
i unironically want to see Asuka defeat Triple H to go on and submit Brock in a triple threat match with Braun Stroman and unify the titles.

Then I want to have her make fun of Finn Balor calling him a vanilla midget.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

haha yeah

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i want vince mcmahon to choke to death on dog poo poo on monday night raw

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

i want vince mcmahon to choke to death on dog poo poo on monday night raw

They'd erase the whole next night's SD to dedicate it entirely to celebrating his life with montages and video packages and interviews from the talent about how great he really was

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i hope they go full carnie when he dies and like have bray wyatt bathing in his ashes but they'll probably do some gay 10 bell salute and crying poo poo

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

DarkstarIV posted:

If we are talking kayfabe: Ruby, Nikki, Ember.

If we are talking actually good/decent in the ring: Ruby, Nikki, Ember, and Peyton.

However, Peyton is pretty much bottom of the pack when it comes to NXT roster W/L records (20% win rate since 2015), so I don't get why people think she should suddenly get the title, because she very rarely wins; combined with the fact that NXT's creative team doesn't seem to think very highly of the Iconic Duo.

In kayfabe, I think Peyton is supposed to be strong when Billie helps her cheat. Ideally, they'd be lovable like Miz and Maryse or heel New Day. It was great when they made fun of Liv Morgan for not having friends. But yeah I don't think the NXT writers want to put the belt anywhere near that type of character.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Stephanie McMahon should crown herself NXT Women's champ brother.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Iconic Duo is a prelim-rear end gimmick and they can keep doing their prelim-rear end poo poo without either of them holding the belt

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Ember picking it up would make the most sense in terms of storylines. Let the fact that she could never defeat Asuka be her thing as NXT champion and have others give her poo poo for it, then eventually build to a match between the two on the main rosters. Bonus points if she goes to the opposite show and they hold the match until Survivor Series or something.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The biggest issue isn't that NXT is buried, its that the MYC is going on in the 205 Death Slot with an empty crowd of people who don't care.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Asuka and Braun should be Master Blaster. With Braun on Asuka's shoulders.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

KungFu Grip posted:

The biggest issue isn't that NXT is buried, its that the MYC is going on in the 205 Death Slot with an empty crowd of people who don't care.

it was all already filmed at full sail right? if nothing else the crowd will keep themselves entertained

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

shiksa posted:

it was all already filmed at full sail right? if nothing else the crowd will keep themselves entertained

The final is live, after SD, Sept 12, at Sioux Falls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Chris James 2 posted:

The final is live, after SD, Sept 12, at Sioux Falls

The finals are being held in Las Vegas. Not Sioux Falls.