Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

What the gently caress do you think the man has been doing? He's dragged that dogshit into places it has no earthly reason to be in. I mean, gently caress, him taking Pouhon flat essentially penalized him with power delivery. Alonso will whine and moan on the radio but never doubt that he doesn't give 110% every race he's in.

Also, ban Perez. He's scum. I'm done with him. Trump is right.

Hell, same.

Welcome to the #bosezone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Just checked the MotoGP and very glad a top top Italian lad like Dovi wins while riding a top top Italian bike like the Ducati. Would hate to be Spanish fraud Jorge Lorenzo, or Spanish fraud Marc Marquez.

Didn't see F1. Seems like Mercedes are cheating again.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
lol forever @ Lorenzo. Did he not learn having watched Rossi's time at Ducati? Like, come on.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Force India eating itself was the only notable thing.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Despite his name Otmar Szafnauer sounds like a generic North American guy.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Perez is a loving thug and Force India must be regretting letting him have his way in Canada.

gently caress you, Perez.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Alonso will whine and moan on the radio but never doubt that he doesn't give 110% every race he's in.

Let's be real here, he boxed because he couldn't be bothered to finish the race. Now personally, I don't give a poo poo what he does, if he wants to give up that's his call. This thread was up in arms howling at Hamilton for "quitting" a few years ago when he actually had an engine problem and wanted to box it to save the mileage. (That was at Spa too right?)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

friendly reminder Vettel needed a tow to make the front row

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Man, at the start of this season i was loudly proclaiming Grosjean and Perez to be the good and cool midfield drivers to root for and both of them are consistently showing themselves to be hack frauds this year.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

NtotheTC posted:

Let's be real here, he boxed because he couldn't be bothered to finish the race. Now personally, I don't give a poo poo what he does, if he wants to give up that's his call. This thread was up in arms howling at Hamilton for "quitting" a few years ago when he actually had an engine problem and wanted to box it to save the mileage. (That was at Spa too right?)

The difference here is the engines suck so saving mileage is important so he doesn't get a 30 place grid penalty every race when parts fail during practice/qualy.
If that wasn't the case, then yeah, it's just "gently caress it I couldn't be bothered if there's no points in this particular race". I'm not "this thread", but putting miles on an unreliable engine that is only going to end up ruining future races with penalties is different to saving miles on a more reliable one.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Wirth1000 posted:

What the gently caress do you think the man has been doing? He's dragged that dogshit into places it has no earthly reason to be in.

He should just shut up and drive. Parking it today was embarrassing, considering he's paid $9 million per race. If he's that good, how come none of the top 3 wants him?.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Only the loving idiots at sky f1 suggest that nando is parking the car. In reality he is driving that piece of poo poo untill it dies

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
I was watching everything on ch-one tonight as they had a delayed cast of motogp after. The downside of that was the many ad breaks. I nodded off during a break after the safety car and Vet not being able to get past Ham because then the race was very boring and the only hope of action would be Kimi having a go at Ricc, which seemed very very unlikely because LOL at Kimi caring near the end of a race.
I woke up from my nap to see Dovi do good and Marques engine blow, was good.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The last few races of the season are going to be insane with engine/gearbox penalties.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

ImplicitAssembler posted:

He should just shut up and drive. Parking it today was embarrassing, considering he's paid $9 million per race. If he's that good, how come none of the top 3 wants him?.

I bet you're one of those guys who tell athletes to Stick To Sports

Also loving lmao that Max has almost exactly half as many points as Riciardo

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

You must be a real blast to have a drink with at a pub lol

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

He almost certainly had a problem, probably the same one he had during Quali where he wasn't getting the Hybrid deployment. He went from vaguely keeping up with the Red Bulls to getting passed by *everything*; I think Vandoorne went past him at one point.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Schlesische posted:

He almost certainly had a problem, probably the same one he had during Quali where he wasn't getting the Hybrid deployment. He went from vaguely keeping up with the Red Bulls to getting passed by *everything*; I think Vandoorne went past him at one point.

Quoting this in response to everything above.

Alonso is the guy who dragged a Ferrari with like 3 gears working to a Top 5 finish or whatever it was. It was the Spanish grand prix I just can't remember the year... 2011?

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Fkn lmao

https://streamable.com/5g661

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Wirth1000 posted:

What the gently caress do you think the man has been doing? He's dragged that dogshit into places it has no earthly reason to be in. I mean, gently caress, him taking Pouhon flat essentially penalized him with power delivery. Alonso will whine and moan on the radio but never doubt that he doesn't give 110% every race he's in.

Also, ban Perez. He's scum. I'm done with him. Trump is right.

Nice meltdown :smug:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

lmao somebody keep this guy far away from ron dennis

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

How can people dislike this guy?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

So are Renault a sneaky chance to see Nando next year?
I mean, Hulkenburg is hauling that car into the Top 10 now so maybe they're not as dogshit as we all assumed they were at the start of the year.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Acquilae posted:

:laffo: Verstappen's car sounded like a dying lawnmower
So, like a McLaren-Honda?

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
as someone who's only had a passing interest in motogp, can someone explain how dovizioso, a rider who was otherwise mediocre, on a ducati, a team so bad even rossi couldn't salvage it, is suddenly winning the championship?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Rhopunzel posted:

as someone who's only had a passing interest in motogp, can someone explain how dovizioso, a rider who was otherwise mediocre, on a ducati, a team so bad even rossi couldn't salvage it, is suddenly winning the championship?

Because everything in this post is wrong.

Ducati has always been peculiar bike to road but those that harness it dominate and are competitive see Stoner. Also Dovi has always owned.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

This is both hilarious and a fantastic boot into Verstappen while he's down God drat.

Someone please give him a championship contender car. :smith:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rhopunzel posted:

Dovi is basically the coolest dude in MotoGP and nobody realized it until this year. Also Ducati owns and desmodromic valve engines are cool as gently caress that only cool and good riders can manage to race.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Wirth1000 posted:

Because everything in this post is wrong.

Ducati has always been peculiar bike to road but those that harness it dominate and are competitive see Stoner. Also Dovi has always owned.

Agreed on the first thing, not so sure about the "always" part about Dovi. No doubt I'm pleased to see him winning on a Duc against all the Spanish aliens but I still remember him as the guy who got punted out of Honda by Stoner and Pedrosa. He's definitely gotten much better since then and I'd be happy to see him as a Hayden style world champion. Except not dead obviously.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Hayden basically lucked into a situation where the Yamaha was poo poo that year and he had a rookie teammate. Dovi has actually improved his driving style this year and is more aggressive when he needs to be.

But ya the Ducati isn't necessarily bad, but because of the engine it requires a completely different riding style than virtually every other bike in the field and some drivers struggle to adapt.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Aug 28, 2017

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Holy poo poo at the people who don’t unreservedly love Dovi. I’m a god drat piece of poo poo moron and I’ve loved that dude for years.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

wicka posted:

Holy poo poo at the people who don’t unreservedly love Dovi. I’m a god drat piece of poo poo moron and I’ve loved that dude for years.

I only really follow motogp through reading results so I don't really know of anyone that isn't a WDC or that dude with the afro who died

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Simoncelli?
gently caress I remember when Kato died :(
I'm a piece of poo poo moron and I've been a dovi fan since last year.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I only started watching MotoGP since like last year and for some reason Dovi jumped out to me as the driver to root. Guess I just have good instincts when picking cool and good racers to root for, like ARE Lewis.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Just ordered my Dovi cap :getin:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Dovi has the best font on his numbers. Reason enough to root for him.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Just ordered my Dovi cap :getin:

Which one did you get? I want one too.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/OconEsteban/status/901848988512649216

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Perez and Ocon hating each other rules.

Adbot