Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
they have that winning mentality that comes from doing their hair and getting tattoos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

sebzilla posted:

I reckon Southgate called him to tell him he's never getting in the squads because he's old and poo poo, and offered him the chance to say he retired instead. Prevents the poo poo pundits clamouring for him to be brought back and lets Southgate get on with building for 2018. Gives Rooney some dignity. Best move for both parties imo

i'm not sure southgate is capable of this level of critical thinking

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

He was a hell of a player. And god drat he was rapid and energetic as a young man, just look at goal #3. :stare:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Out of 53 international goals:

quote:

Macedonia - 1
Croatia - 4
Russia - 1
Kazakhstan - 3
Belarus - 2
Slovakia - 2
Bulgaria - 2
Ukraine - 1
Poland - 2
Montenegro - 2
Slovenia - 2

Wayne Rooney, Slav Slayer

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
The Croatia goals surprise me as I only remember us getting spanked by them repeatedly except that one time Walcott scored a hat-trick

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Al2001 posted:

The Croatia goals surprise me as I only remember us getting spanked by them repeatedly except that one time Walcott scored a hat-trick

He got 2 against them in Euro 2004. Think he went off injured shortly afterwards.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Someone make a MDT I have some bad opinions to talk about

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
tasty non-MDT goals

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

EvilHawk posted:

Someone make a MDT I have some bad opinions to talk about

i also want to say phwoar

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Hopefully not about that goal :stare:

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

J-Zeus looking lively.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Aguero's been reported to the police for assaulting a steward? I'm a big fan of this for many reasons.

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/sergio-aguero-could-be-in-serious-trouble-as-bournemouth-steward-claims-he-was-assaulted-139610

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
ban short corners

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

greazeball posted:

Aguero's been reported to the police for assaulting a steward? I'm a big fan of this for many reasons.

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/sergio-aguero-could-be-in-serious-trouble-as-bournemouth-steward-claims-he-was-assaulted-139610

I guess City will be putting in a big tasty bid for Alexis Sanchez sooner rather than later.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

pik_d posted:

I guess City will be putting in a big tasty bid for Alexis Sanchez sooner rather than later.

Bit expensive to replace a bench player, no?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

greazeball posted:

Jesus wept stewards are soft these days

http://twitter.com/BeardedGenius/status/901497572568825857

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

PirateBob posted:

He was a hell of a player. And god drat he was rapid and energetic as a young man, just look at goal #3. :stare:

With the way people talk about Rooney and the way he looks, it's hard for me to believe that I'm basically the same age as him.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
arsenal are real bad and im sad about it

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Real bad loss today by the Failing Gunners of London! Should've bought that Ear Biter when they had the chance! Sad!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Apparently yesterday it was also six years to the day from this historic Arsenal triumph!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W66gKiqXkxA

I'd say they probably shouldn't play football on the 27th of August but hell it's not like they did.

E: nope that game was on 28.8.2011.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Aug 28, 2017

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Forgot some of those 8 goals were absolutely cracking.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

lol at Evra trying to pick Rooney up after 3-0, he can't even lift his feet off the ground

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hoops posted:

That Nani goal still looks loving unreal. When it first happened (and every time since) I literally can't believe he's that open in Arsenal's penalty area. I was 100% sure he'd been miles offside but nope just Arsenal defending.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Hoops posted:

Good memories of all of the times Ashley Young scored his one goal

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I was at that match, goals 5 onwards had as much laughter as actual cheering

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
That was basically all United got out of Ashley Young, and somehow he's still at the club.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

At least back then Wengy could shift part of the blame to the insane number of injuries. He had his full-strength team at his disposal yesterday, but chose not to field it. lmao.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Imagine losing 1-0 to Stoke then somehow making your fans more upset the next week.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Imagine Wenger leaving after his contract ends having gutted the team and done nothing to plan ahead for life with a regular manager.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
In more Arsenal fallout, Thierry Henry has said that Arsenal are a gay team that he hates:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/31969/11009403/thierry-henry-questions-why-alexis-sanchez-would-stay-at-arsenal

And Wengy said in his post match press conference that there was a reason the team played so poorly, but he didn't want to talk about it. Sounds like he lost the dressing room [a while ago].

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

wicka posted:

Imagine Wenger leaving after his contract ends having gutted the team and done nothing to plan ahead for life with a regular manager.
Also known as The Fergie.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Does Wenger make it a year if this kind of poo poo show continues?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

At least Fergie won the league in his last season.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

hadji murad posted:

Does Wenger make it a year if this kind of poo poo show continues?

Arsenal could get relegated and Wenger wouldn't walk nor would the board sack him.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
mane is good. real good.

- signed, someone who wasn't terribly excited about his signing back when it happened

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Der Shovel posted:

Apparently yesterday it was also six years to the day from this historic Arsenal triumph!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W66gKiqXkxA

I'd say they probably shouldn't play football on the 27th of August but hell it's not like they did.

E: nope that game was on 28.8.2011.

:allears: Very enjoyable game. And like someone said, for the last few goals there was more laughter than cheering.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Arsenal seem to be in deep poo poo and I don't see how they are going to get out of it. How are they going to attract good enough players next summer after they finish outside top 4 again and their best players leave?

The funniest thing is that not only was Wenger not fired after last season, he got a £2 million pay raise. :laugh:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

PirateBob posted:

Arsenal seem to be in deep poo poo and I don't see how they are going to get out of it. How are they going to attract good enough players next summer after they finish outside top 4 again and their best players leave?

The funniest thing is that not only was Wenger not fired after last season, he got a £2 million pay raise. :laugh:

They can conceivably overpay for a few players, but with the number of players leaving, it does seem pretty worrying.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
They only overpay for managers though, not players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
arsenal being located in london is the only thing saving them becoming blackburn imho

• Locked thread