Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Welcome to the Premier League Season 2017-18. We Kick off with the totally important and not at all a joke Community Shield contested this season between the mighty Petrodollar Fascist London Blues against the African Child Smuggler North London Reds.

Let me be the first to say end the season now!

Did manchester united spend enough on players?
Did Pep spend enough on EPO?
Did Joey Barton finally stop gambling?
Will Santi Carzola ever play another game of football?
Does Oezil have depth perception?

Find out the answers to these questions and many more this season in

Brought to you by EA Sports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Selhurst park is a poo poo hole

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Arsenal will be disappointed with that table imo

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
The premier league is just too competitive

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I am looking forward to Ederson kicking the ball really far and accurately, and possibly remembering to stop shots.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Huddersfield are in the prem lmao

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

quote:

Players will receive retrospective two-match suspensions for diving this season in a rule change that the FA hopes will deter them from deceiving match officials.

The bans, which come into effect from Friday night when the Sky Bet Championship begins, are only set to apply to incidents that result in a penalty being awarded or the dismissal of an opponent.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/fa-will-ban-divers-for-two-matches-dqldd7hbc

Cool and good imo :discourse:

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
My hope for this season is that proper clubs Burnley, Brighton, and Huddersfield all stay up. Not sure there's much hope for Brighton mind.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Nice table.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Relegate us now.

Here's a video the grauniad have done, they also predict us to finish rock bottom and hell I agree.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2017/aug/01/brighton-hove-albion-a-journey-from-nowhere-to-the-premier-league-video

deletebeepbeepbeep fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Aug 1, 2017

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Waroduce posted:

Where is the best place to get drunk around Wembly since spurs/liv is a 3pm game

From the last thread, but that game probably won't be a 3pm kickoff. It will more than likely be on TV, so will be moved. They just haven't announced the TV schedule that far ahead yet.

Mickolution fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Aug 1, 2017

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
It's a Match!

quote:

Manchester United to wear lonely hearts on sleeves with Tinder set to become £12m-a-year sponsor
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-4747584/Man-Utd-set-Tinder-12m-year-sleeve-sponsor.html

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Friday, 11 August 2017

Arsenal Leicester City

Saturday, 12 August 2017

Watford Liverpool
Chelsea Burnley
Everton Stoke City
Southampton Swansea City
Crystal Palace Huddersfield Town
West Bromwich Albion Bournemouth
Brighton & Hove Albion Manchester City

Sunday, 13 August 2017

Newcastle United Tottenham Hotspur
Manchester United West Ham United

Saturday, 19 August 2017

Swansea City Manchester United
Leicester City Brighton & Hove Albion
Liverpool Crystal Palace
Southampton West Ham United
Burnley West Bromwich Albion
Bournemouth Watford
Stoke City Arsenal

Sunday, 20 August 2017

Huddersfield Town Newcastle United
Tottenham Hotspur Chelsea

Monday, 21 August 2017

Manchester City Everton

Saturday, 26 August 2017

Bournemouth Manchester City
Chelsea Everton
Newcastle United West Ham United
Crystal Palace Swansea City
Watford Brighton & Hove Albion
Huddersfield Town Southampton
Manchester United Leicester City

Sunday, 27 August 2017

West Bromwich Albion Stoke City
Liverpool Arsenal
Tottenham Hotspur Burnley

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Everton to be bottom of the league by September.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Is this the year Stoke goes down?

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
i can't wait for my north london cannonshooters to defeat the mighty PL league one (1) time champions, the lester city fox fursuiters

let the race to 4th place begin!!!

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

They should apply to all dives, not just ones resulting in a penalty or player dismissal.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
looking forward to the foot

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

santanotreal posted:

They should apply to all dives, not just ones resulting in a penalty or player dismissal.

this

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
im glad we have a new thread and don't have to read posts by that terrible american anymore

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

RideTheSpiral posted:

im glad we have a new thread and don't have to read posts by that terrible american anymore

you have to be more precise than that

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Sturridge crocked himself sprinting for 4 seconds, anyone else I'd assume maybe a simple pulled hamstring and out for a month and change but since it's him I assume we can look forward to seeing him again next summer

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Liverpool has torn Bayern apart tonight with Mane and Salah combining twice in the first half.

Sturridge scored in the second half then immediately injured himself so rip in peace I guess

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

EvilHawk posted:

Liverpool has torn Bayern apart tonight with Mane and Salah combining twice in the first half.

Sturridge scored in the second half then immediately injured himself so rip in peace I guess

it must be liverpools year

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Didn't Liverpoo tear Barca apart in a pre-season friendly last season?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Didn't Liverpoo tear Barca apart in a pre-season friendly last season?

We did. Friendlies mean gently caress all.

In saying that Salah and Mane are the loving best and Moreno is BACK

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Ewar Woowar posted:

and Moreno is BACK

:chloe:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Ewar Woowar posted:

We did. Friendlies mean gently caress all.

In saying that Salah and Mane are the loving best and Moreno is BACK

Moreno is so bad lol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lolverpoo

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I think this may have been mentioned at the tail end of last month's thread, but I can't be bothered to go back and look.

The Spirit of Shankly supporter's group held a public meeting and vote on the introduction of safe standing. They did this for two reasons: 1) as it became more common (particularly in Scotland) there was an underlying feeling that it couldn't be introducted "because of Hillsborough" and 2) more importantly, there was a danger that it would go one way or another without the consultation of Liverpool fans. It was a 9 month long project by SoS which involved speaking to various groups such as the Hillsborough Justice Campaign and the Police. The bottom line is, out of 17 thousand people who voted (which is unprecedented for the SoS and fan groups in general), 88% were in favour. Only 5% were opposed, the remainder wanted more information before making a decision. The public forum (which is available on the youtubes if you want to watch two hours of scousers talking) was really well done, lots of good questions were asked and some good answers given.

This is pretty big for a couple of reasons:

-Previously it has been thought (on here, elsewhere on the internet, and IRL) that Liverpool fans were against standing at games (as a result of Hillsborough). Clearly this is not true
-SoS could not get a single group, including the police, to come and speak against the idea. Individuals, sure, but no organised groups.

It doesn't necessarily mean anything going forward, but it will start to increase pressure on the FA and government to look at bringing this in. Liverpool fans (and Hillsborough) can't be seen as an easy out any more. If more fan groups can hold similar votes, or get a sense from their community in other ways, then maybe things can change and we can reintroduce standing, which will (hopefully) lead to better atmospheres and cheaper seats (ha).

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

So close to the funny numbers.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

do arsenal have a team of orcs for medical staff, how can you gently caress up an ankle that much

rip santi

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

kecske posted:

do arsenal have a team of orcs for medical staff, how can you gently caress up an ankle that much

rip santi

Did something happen?

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
I think people just assume they can post "RIP Santi" or "Rip Sturridge" every couple months

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Cazorla is out indefinitely and almost had to have his leg chopped off to be fair.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Shrapnig posted:

Cazorla is out indefinitely and almost had to have his leg chopped off to be fair.

John Guidetti was "lucky" to have his leg virus happen around 21. He still had plenty of time to bounce back, even if it wasn't at the level he maybe could have been with losing a full season and a half. At Cazorla's age it's probably too late to return to anything resembling the form he had.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

pik_d posted:

John Guidetti was "lucky" to have his leg virus happen around 21.

who?

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Some bald City twat who now plays for Celta Vigo and misses big chances against Utd in the Europa League

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
In the spirit of the thread title I will be going round the OPs mams house tonight.

I ffor one cant wait for Man United to win the league and the Chels get relegated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
Please rename me iffor one Wales' fattest pooshited fan

• Locked thread