Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party
suffer from dull, lifeless hair? adolph has the final solution!

https://www.tmall.com/mlist/cp_sKK1wLfy.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Haier posted:

One thing I must stop when I leave China is being able to point out the person's looks or weight because that's fine here. When I see photos of somebody, or am out with someone, I am freely allowed to say "LOL, so fat," or "He looks like a pig" or "That girl is balding and looks like a man." I mean, it's true, but everyone says that stuff out loud here all the time and nobody cares because it's part of the culture. I can't really do that so easily in other places, and I have gotten so used to it that I feel a little sad about not being able to instantly say "Wow, look at that guy's disgusting mole!"

Just get some gay friends who are into drag. Then you can chill with them an try to one up each other with sick burns of ugly/fat people.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

big time bisexual posted:

Hair Hitler

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Spotted today atop Jungfrau in Switzerland

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Just the right shoes to walk around in the swiss mountains.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

big time bisexual posted:

IT WILL MAKE YOUR HAIR PERFECTLY WHITE!!!

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

webmeister posted:

i'm the kid desperate to jump into death

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

webmeister posted:

I'm the backwards flag.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

JaucheCharly posted:

Just the right shoes to walk around in the swiss mountains.

To be fair, those weren't even close to the worst shoes I saw all day. Plenty of grannies in Crocs, women in heels and guys in black leather shoes like they're heading to the office.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Women climbing Vesuvius in heels was mindblowing because not only is that obviously bad but it's a volcano so half the time you're climbing up vertical gravel.

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party
:gonk:

https://zippy.gfycat.com/SatisfiedSneakyEnglishpointer.webm

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Oh my god I didn't see that coming and now I feel sick.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

i thought someone was getting crushed. this was worse.

http://www.sixthtone.com/news/1000738/spurned-by-love%2C-man-throws-woman-from-19th-floor

this is the kind of people haier is competing with in china.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Jeoh posted:

http://www.sixthtone.com/news/1000738/spurned-by-love%2C-man-throws-woman-from-19th-floor

quote:

Netizen reactions since the court revealed the details of the case have overwhelmingly condemned Wang, the victim. One highly upvoted comment reads: “I think the woman deserved it. If you don’t like someone, then accepting their gifts is just toying with them! That’s why he was pushed to do it! It is understandable.”
Since Chinese dating culture is the epitome of "Nice Guy" romance, gifts definitely = marriage or sex if the guy relentlessly pursues her like an autist digs for Dragon Ball Z VHS tapes at Goodwill.

The only thing that matters in this idiot culture is money and compensation for something.

Haier fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Aug 26, 2017

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

simplefish posted:

Hair Hitler

:eyepop:

normal contact
Mar 19, 2010

Jeoh posted:

Not that it makes this any less bad, but what was she thinking moving in with him??? I have to assume that he offered to pay the rent...

He Who Smelt It
Jun 14, 2012

Haier Hitler

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Haier posted:

Since Chinese dating culture is the epitome of "Nice Guy" romance, gifts definitely = marriage or sex if the guy relentlessly pursues her like an autist digs for Dragon Ball Z VHS tapes at Goodwill.

The only thing that matters in this idiot culture is money and compensation for something.

ya lol

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Gosh.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Jeoh posted:

This reminds me of the revolving door incident at my job. Except more severe.

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

Not to be a cold rear end in a top hat but what the hell was her plan?

Does the laws of physics stop working when you enter china or something?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Lazer Monkey posted:

People sure do behave like it.

To be fair I've seen all kinds of Chinese car wreck aftermath pictures where I have no idea how they're even physically possible, so I'm starting to wonder.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Lazer Monkey posted:

Did you miss the video of the man trying to hold up a truck in a hurricane with his bare hands?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
You brake your 3 ton car by simply putting out your foot, like on a scooter.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
You guys should give ballerina tea a try lol

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Lazer Monkey posted:

They're just used to bribing their way out of any kind of law enforcement.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

whip posted:

You guys should give ballerina tea a try lol

Why is it called ballerina tea? Does it give you necrotic feet?

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

JaucheCharly posted:

Why is it called ballerina tea? Does it give you necrotic feet?

Because you're gonna look like a ballerina once your intestines are done falling out of your rear end :kiddo:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I think she didn't realise it was moving. She went to get out with her poo poo, realised it was moving and sat down but didn't see the pole and then snap. Probably didn't even understood wtf was going on.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Outrail posted:

Probably didn't even understood wtf was going on.

china.rmvb

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

nickmeister posted:

Did you miss the video of the man trying to hold up a truck in a hurricane with his bare hands?

No, this is the china-thread right?

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart

Lazer Monkey posted:

No, this is the china-thread right?

it was a typhoon

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

Grand Fromage posted:

People sure do behave like it.

To be fair I've seen all kinds of Chinese car wreck aftermath pictures where I have no idea how they're even physically possible, so I'm starting to wonder.

my personal favorite is the one I showed you maybe a year ago where the wrecked car is balanced perfectly on its nose against the divider on an overpass as if it had fallen from the sky

Outrail posted:

I think she didn't realise it was moving. She went to get out with her poo poo, realised it was moving and sat down

youd have to have some serious inner ear and awareness problems for a car to be rolling at that speed and not feel/see something happening before trying to step out of the car. the giant pole would be a great indicator since it's super visible unless you spend a lot of time in your car not looking out the front or side window

this could tie into those research results posted previously that showed ethnic chinese people are more prone to motion sickness/vertigo - she always feels like she's drifting in the car even when it's stopped, and therefore didnt notice until she tried getting out.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

LentThem posted:

my personal favorite is the one I showed you maybe a year ago where the wrecked car is balanced perfectly on its nose against the divider on an overpass as if it had fallen from the sky

Post that one you found yesterday where the car is flipping through the air into oncoming traffic like it just got punched by Singham.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Lazer Monkey posted:

nickmeister posted:

http://i.imgur.com/bzlaGhY.gifv

angel opportunity posted:

it was a typhoon
I thought typhoons and hurricanes were the same thing but different names so one could tell which side of the world they were on?

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
LMAO

http://i.imgur.com/r36ZVca.gifv

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Today is yet another Valentine's day here, which I think is like the fifth one this year. Like all the others, girls I haven't talked to in ages are crawling out of the woodwork to ask to meet saying it's a special day and they can't stand to be alone on it because all their friends and married friends are with someone. I give my standard "LOL, there's too many of these stupid days here" and then am told that NO, this is the REAL Chinese Valentine's day. Even the name of the day, Qixi Festival or whatever, translates into "Chinese Valentine's Day" in Wechat.
I don't care. I have like three days of work left and I am finished. Today I pack my luggage as much as I can and throw out all the unnecessary stuff in my apartment. I am leaving so soon, it's amazing.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Haier posted:

Today is yet another Valentine's day here, which I think is like the fifth one this year. Like all the others, girls I haven't talked to in ages are crawling out of the woodwork to ask to meet saying it's a special day and they can't stand to be alone on it because all their friends and married friends are with someone. I give my standard "LOL, there's too many of these stupid days here" and then am told that NO, this is the REAL Chinese Valentine's day. Even the name of the day, Qixi Festival or whatever, translates into "Chinese Valentine's Day" in Wechat.
I don't care. I have like three days of work left and I am finished. Today I pack my luggage as much as I can and throw out all the unnecessary stuff in my apartment. I am leaving so soon, it's amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsQCNtCH2sc

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Grand Fromage posted:

Post that one you found yesterday where the car is flipping through the air into oncoming traffic like it just got punched by Singham.

I saw that happen here once. Scary poo poo.

OWLS! fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Aug 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
"I wanted to give you a hickey so girls know your mine."
They all try. I loving hate it. God drat it.

• Locked thread