Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Munkaboo posted:

Seeing season 8 spoilers... I might be leaving the thread again

Don't worry, they're all fake. Filming doesnt start for another month or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

no really, that poo poo was stupid.

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

Joey Freshwater posted:

It's been mentioned a couple times but why do Lena Hedy and the guy who plays Bron hate each other?

They used to date and it ended badly if I recall.

CDHiggs
Dec 16, 2016

That night in Point Pleasant. Those red eyes Richard Gere would never forget.

TheRat posted:

Don't worry, they're all fake. Filming doesnt start for another month or two.

Which, of course, mean the scripts are likely finished.

Not saying I know what's going to happen, but it will be fun to see if stuff like this is accurate:

https://pastebin.com/Aiginbap

Season 7 leaks were pretty much dead on. So that's either poo poo actually being leaked, or the fanfic crowd knows the writers as good as they know themselves.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

I know it's going to be a global bonanza whenever it does get released, but you gotta think that if the book was even close to finished they would've rushed it to coincide with this season of the show to squeeze every last dollar out of it. Book ain't happening.

Verisimillipede
Jul 17, 2006

So we all know Jon (or Aegon?) knocked up dany right?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

there was a minute long cityscape of king's landing being frozen over. what exactly was that?

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

The Unnamed One posted:

Here lies Petyr Baelish.

He never scored.

Bip Roberts posted:

loving lol @ jon "uncle fucker" snow

Lmao at these.

Phi230 posted:

I have a feeling "ice dragon" was on the outline so DnD, being retarded hacks, thought of the catch-a-wight

This is the conclusion Preston reached in his last podcast. "It's a little too bold for D & D to do" Then said maybe it would be better if GRRM didn't give them an outline.

The episode actually ended well tonight. It was ok.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
I hope they have a completely hosed up incest baby. That'd be a good ending.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Joey Freshwater posted:

It's been mentioned a couple times but why do Lena Hedy and the guy who plays Bron hate each other?

They had an IRL relationship that ended poorly

They have a stipulation in their contracts that they never have to be on the same set/see each other. I think its all on Headey since i cant see a man being that petty or giving that much of a gently caress.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

CDHiggs posted:

Season 7 leaks were pretty much dead on. So that's either poo poo actually being leaked, or the fanfic crowd knows the writers as good as they know themselves.

Season 7 leaks were leaked well after filming started, and were leaked in PDF format from reliable people. Season 8 "leaks" were written on 4chan. They are fake.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
So Jon retakes the North for the Starks, the North proclaims him King in the North, and he bends the knee to Danaerys to both totally throw away all the goodwill he gained from the North *and* to gently caress up a potential truce with Cersei

Why? Why is everything so stupid

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Until the freefolk vouch for them im gonna hold that S8 leaks are fake :colbert:

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Constant posted:

I think its all on Headey since i cant see a man being that petty or giving that much of a gently caress.

:thunk:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

TheRat posted:

Season 7 leaks were leaked well after filming started, and were leaked in PDF format from reliable people. Season 8 "leaks" were written on 4chan. They are fake.

Weren't the seven leaks similar stuff from multiple people? Not just one unsourced blob from no one?

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Mike N Eich posted:

So Jon retakes the North for the Starks, the North proclaims him King in the North, and he bends the knee to Danaerys to both totally throw away all the goodwill he gained from the North *and* to gently caress up a potential truce with Cersei

that is by far the least stupid thing about that entire stupid episode

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Mike N Eich posted:

The northern lords arent gonna give a gently caress when the dead arrive at Winterfell pretty much the same time Jon does.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bip Roberts posted:

loving lol @ jon "uncle fucker" snow

Shut your loving mouth, Auntie Fucker
You're the one who hosed your auntie, Auntie Fucker
You don't sleep or eat or close your lips
You just gently caress your auntie on the ship

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

AeJon Targaryan, the only Targaryan or Stark to have dark black hair.

CDHiggs
Dec 16, 2016

TheRat posted:

There's definitely some incredible trolling going on, which will make it fun to see which leaks were right. Not sure if I buy the "4chan is behind it all" theory.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

V. disappointed that the entire wall didn't crumble and only a chunk at the end went down.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

drunken officeparty posted:

AeJon Targaryan, the only Targaryan or Stark to have dark black hair.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/6wggrg/spoilers_extended_the_books_already_told_us_that/

quote:

Game of Thrones Season 7 Episode 7 revealed that:
* Rhaegar and Lyanna were married
* Jon is the rightful king
* Dany and Jon hook up
I wanted to show that the books have long been hinting that this was the case.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

V. disappointed that the entire wall didn't crumble and only a chunk at the end went down.

If it was summertime maybe it would

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/Scaramucci/status/901996399419678721

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The "are the season 8 spoilers real" derail is gonna last a looooooooong time.

(They're fake)

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

In It For The Tank posted:

Rhaegar is the worst person in the world. He annuls his marriage to Elia - presumably disinheriting both of his still-living children and making them bastards- and leaves her and them with his insane father in King's Landing, leading to to their eventual rape and murder, while he knocks up a 14 year old and plans to name the new baby after his still-living now-bastard son.

"Aegon" and "Good Aegon"

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Euron acts like a rich entitled kid from 2017. It's very grating.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I kind of like Theon's character arc. Although that scene where he's just kneeing him in the dick that he didn't have was weird.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

In It For The Tank posted:

Rhaegar is the worst person in the world. He annuls his marriage to Elia - presumably disinheriting both of his still-living children and making them bastards- and leaves her and them with his insane father in King's Landing, leading to to their eventual rape and murder, while he knocks up a 14 year old and plans to name the new baby after his still-living now-bastard son.

Yeah when Bran said that Roberts Rebellion was based on a lie...Rhaegar still was a massive dipshit

Dudeabides
Jul 26, 2009

"You better not buy me that goddamn tourist av"

Joey Freshwater posted:

They were a thing at one point

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Lloyd Boner posted:

Yeah because it was spoiled, it's still loving stupid. Why would Rhaegar give both his sons the same name

Check out what George Foreman named all his sons

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The scene with Tyrion and Cersei was...dare I say it...really good acting. And then they went and ruined it 20 minutes later by doing the exact same "Give him the order!" thing with Jamie.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
So when Bran and Sam tell Jon is it basically just gonna be 8 episodes of Jon Snow violently throwing up?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Harlock posted:

Something something prophecy, can't fail if they both have the same name.

Yeah he was clearly just hedging his bets

CDHiggs
Dec 16, 2016

The scene with Tyrion and Cersei was...dare I say it...really good acting. And then they went and ruined it 20 minutes later by doing the exact same "Give him the order!" thing with Jamie.

Agreed. It was so good they tried to copy it in the scene with her and Jaime...with middling results.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Alter Ego posted:

So when Bran and Sam tell Jon is it basically just gonna be 8 episodes of Jon Snow violently throwing up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO0ZM8xOkM8

It's Always Sunny In Westeros

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nachos posted:

This show has no idea what the gently caress to do with bran lmao

he is needed to explain everything!

then die, then become the new night king in the postcredits stinger

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

After the Winterfell scene with Littlefinger, all I can think of is "At hospital, lost fingat."

:nms: http://i.imgur.com/rOG2il.jpg :nms:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
IMO it isn't very realistic to have a massive ice wall collapse but somehow leave a broad, smooth path through the massive pile of rubble for a zombie army army to shamble through.

Go look up some big quarry blasting videos and see if any of the resulting rubble piles look trafficable by zombies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

withak posted:

IMO it isn't very realistic to have a massive ice wall collapse but somehow leave a broad, smooth path through the massive pile of rubble for a zombie army army to shamble through.

Go look up some big quarry blasting videos and see if any of the resulting rubble piles look trafficable by zombies.

are you serious

• Locked thread