Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Jim Davis, creator of Garfield the Cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

steinrokkan posted:

Garfield

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Garfield as portrayed in Lasagna Cat

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Statues to our nation's truest hero

Richard Garfield creator of Magic tr Gathering

steinrokkan posted:

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

youse guys wanna take down da statues of christopho colombo, da greatest Eyetalian known ta histry, and replace him wit some cornbread mangiapatates?

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

now this i can get behind

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Actually I changed my mind just tape that picture of your fat head to every Columbus statue

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

call to action posted:

Exactly! Dude's a nazi and so are the other Democrats mentioned in the article. Anyone that defends the symbols of white supremacy must be destroyed.

i can see that you are trying really hard, bless your heart

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Actually I changed my mind just tape that picture of your fat head to every Columbus statue

rude

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I'd like to post about mark lilla itt but I'm not sure how many people would unironically agree with him

Subpar Superhero
Nov 27, 2013

the hunger games
lmao that they dragged old rear end andrew young out of bed to try to calm down all these uppity negroes trying to tear down symbols of slavery

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Panzeh posted:

It's kinda funny watching people talk about how americans don't like violence when in fact we glorify violence- or symbol of freedom is the gun. Violence is a part of the american culture and it comes off as insincere to talk about nonviolence in the current US culture.

one of my current least favorite things in the world is people going "I condemn all violence" bc like that's actually an insanely radical position but it's supposed to demonstrate how reasonable you are

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wizard on a water slide posted:

one of my current least favorite things in the world is people going "I condemn all violence" bc like that's actually an insanely radical position but it's supposed to demonstrate how reasonable you are

Yea, the "all violence is bad!" argument is basically the "all lives matter" argument in another sweater.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ZJemptv/status/900856955379625987?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/901161682432655360

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The funny thing about the "Antifa is dumb/wrong because there's no real risk of Nazis gaining power" argument is that you can flip it onto its head to counter their own "what if Antifa start roaming the streets and punching random people" argument.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
noted racist shithead Notch the Minecraft Guy out there informing people about what really matters

https://twitter.com/notch/status/901192994971410433

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

notch forgot some parentheses

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'm so tired of this surface-level political analysis applied to everything in existence, in this case Mayweather/MacGregor

quote:

If you look at this on a social dynamic, not only is Floyd Mayweather fighting for the survival of boxing, and to prove that boxing is a superior sport over MMA. I think, he’s also fighting for victory for blacks and Latinos, who primarily watch boxing, over blue-collar, white Americans who watch mixed martial arts. On the other side, you have people who hate brash, African-American boxers, and have labeled them as all flash, and they’re rooting for a guy who says he’s mastered numerous styles of fighting, in Conor McGregor.

Now this is bigger than a fight, or the supremacy of one sport, or the legacy of a boxer, or the legacy of MMA as a sport. When you look at the racial environment, now it’s black versus white. Now it’s Donald Trump supporters versus people of color.
personally i don't want to watch it because it'll be 12 rounds of boring crap with a decision to Mayweather

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Ytlaya posted:

The funny thing about the "Antifa is dumb/wrong because there's no real risk of Nazis gaining power" argument is that you can flip it onto its head to counter their own "what if Antifa start roaming the streets and punching random people" argument.

its either an unwillingness 2 learn what antifa is and does or a willful ignorance 2 push a particular ideological agenda ya

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
holy poo poo that's a bad take

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
it's pretty bad but boxing fans are pretty racist

or at least ethnocentric if i put it charitably

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Floyd mayweather, known abuser, is the champion we need to defeat Trump's America

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I lol heartily at anyone who pays for that fight in 2017 when you can stream yourself streaming the fight and make money.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

sword_man.gif posted:

noted racist shithead Notch the Minecraft Guy out there informing people about what really matters

https://twitter.com/notch/status/901192994971410433

Fatty's delivery driver must be late.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Fatty's delivery driver must be late.

with the kind of place he lives i don't think they let delivery drivers in, so i think we might have just solved the puzzle

that or someone told him that a Pizza Wall wouldn't work

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Al! posted:

its either an unwillingness 2 learn what antifa is and does or a willful ignorance 2 push a particular ideological agenda ya

Burning_limo_dot_jaypeg

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

OWLS! posted:

Burning_limo_dot_jaypeg

won't someone think of the inanimate objects!?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

OWLS! posted:

Burning_limo_dot_jaypeg

not done by antifa

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

so ya im correct

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

still, was pretty cool

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Al! posted:

not done by antifa

NO TRUE ANTIFA...

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

its "no true scotsman" dumbass and also it wasn't antifa

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

burning limos is good anyway

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Oh no a symbol of unnecessary luxury was destroyed call in the national guard

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

it's pretty bad but boxing fans are pretty racist

or at least ethnocentric if i put it charitably
you can write a good article about how McGregor/Mayweather is (or was, since it's finished) a continuation of the tensions between white and black boxers and the fans who cheer for them. people freaked the gently caress out about Joe Louis's domination back in the day, and they freaked out even more when Muhammad Ali proved he wasn't going to tone down what he said for the approval of white society

saying "this fight represents Trump supporters vs. PoC" is the laziest opinion

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You could but connecting Floyd Mayweather in attitude, effect, legacy or even tradition to Ali or Louis would be insanely insulting to all concerned

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Crane Fist posted:

You could but connecting Floyd Mayweather in attitude, effect, legacy or even tradition to Ali or Louis would be insanely insulting to all concerned

It's seems like there's more effort to racialize the fight ex post facto than leading up to it.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's seems like there's more effort to racialize the fight ex post facto than leading up to it.
boxing's been a battleground for racial supremacy going back decades, that's why you could write something actually meaningful about it than just Generic Trump's America Comparison #48932. crane fist's point is fair so you gotta be cautious in writing it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

get that OUT of my face posted:

boxing's been a battleground for racial supremacy going back decades, that's why you could write something actually meaningful about it than just Generic Trump's America Comparison #48932. crane fist's point is fair so you gotta be cautious in writing it

Well, all the odds were against Connor and he expectedly lost. So it's weird that, say, Richard Spencer would claim Connor as a white man now after he lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Well, all the odds were against Connor and he expectedly lost. So it's weird that, say, Richard Spencer would claim Connor as a white man now after he lost.

Be weirder if he claimed Mayweather as a champion of the white race imo

• Locked thread