Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Just in case anybody doesn't know, you can hit Esc during a conversation and restart it if a dialogue choice goes awry.

Thank you! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Just lol if you don't use esc to cancel after every choice so you can find the perfect combination to make your companions happy.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

RFC2324 posted:

Just lol if you don't use esc to cancel after every choice so you can find the perfect combination to make your companions happy.

Ugh don't do that. Influence via conversations is such a not big deal, do the option you like best.

Fun fact - You gain more influence if a companion disapproves of your decision than if they are ambivalent.a

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Medullah posted:

Ugh don't do that. Influence via conversations is such a not big deal, do the option you like best.

Fun fact - You gain more influence if a companion disapproves of your decision than if they are ambivalent.a

I was joking. Used to do it back when disapproves took away influence, but now only when I get a weird unexpected result.

What happens if you try this in a group?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

RFC2324 posted:

I was joking. Used to do it back when disapproves took away influence, but now only when I get a weird unexpected result.

What happens if you try this in a group?

You very quickly get vote kicked.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Medullah posted:

And added to 3 ignore lists, I imagine. Just amusing that it works, lol.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

As a Healer or Tank I would just leave myself. Insta-queues are nice like that.

What I've started doing is if people don't spacebar I not only don't spacebar but don't make choices either, just let them time out. Meanwhile watching Netflix til convo is over. People get really super mad but they also usually start spacebarring.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Could someone invite me to Goon Squad on the Jedi Covenant server? I've noticed that I can chat now, despite it saying a while ago that I had to be P2P to be able to do so. The Who list is still closed off, though, so I can't request an invitation the way that the original post recommends. My character's name is Rigela.

Edit:
Invite received and joined

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 27, 2017

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Medullah posted:

Planetary missions still bugged today, worth a little less than yesterday but still full planet bonus for each mission. This includes bonus missions, and in the case of Oricon, double for bonus missions with multiple phases.

Thanks for the heads-up about this; I got about 20 command levels each for two of my characters yesterday.

I also found out after some trial and error, not every daily mission on every planet gives you the crazy bonuses, but you can tell at a glance; when you mouse over the mission before accepting it, it will list the CXP rewards and those numbers are in fact accurate. It also shows up correctly in your quest log. This allows you to very quickly figure out what's worth doing on any given planet.

Out of all the daily areas I tried, Yavin 4 gave the greatest amount of total CXP, roughly equivalent to two other planets' dailies. Be sure to do all the bonuses there too!
Note about Yavin: One of the quests causes a bug where you can no longer use mounts/speeders on the planet, which is super annoying, but if you port to your stronghold and back really quick, it fixes it.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Medullah I've been playing around on my Operative and something they need is for Curative Agent to allow Kolto Probes to be cast on self without breaking stealth, keep the Infusion change and chunk the two-probes-at-once-nonsense.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Somehow I failed to notice that CXP boosts DOUBLE the points you get... I feel like a fool now... My 20 levels yesterday could have been 40.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
This weekend has taken me from GC 205 to 300 on my main, and I've put about 50 levels on my alts. Good times.

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

what are the chances of them trying to roll this back somehow, as in restoring their databases to a prior state, or adjusting CXP levels somehow? thinking of logging on to do some planetary missions, but concerned that it will all be wiped away due to "exploits"

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Among the other bugs the lowbie Weekly for PvP is the lvl 70 one again so it's worth quite a bit of XP.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

neurotic posted:

what are the chances of them trying to roll this back somehow, as in restoring their databases to a prior state, or adjusting CXP levels somehow? thinking of logging on to do some planetary missions, but concerned that it will all be wiped away due to "exploits"

In my experience, this type of thing is not likely to be hit with rollbacks. What they consider to be an exploit is usually something a player wouldn't ordinarily do, like continuously buy and sell the same item when there's some sort of credit glitch, or something else where it's obvious people figured out a way to cheat by doing something unusual.

What we're dealing with here is people getting a little extra benefit by playing the game 100% as intended, i.e. doing quests. It would be really weird for anybody to decide that simply doing quests is cheating. When things like this have happened before (and they have happened before) they have always let it slide.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Medullah I've been playing around on my Operative and something they need is for Curative Agent to allow Kolto Probes to be cast on self without breaking stealth, keep the Infusion change and chunk the two-probes-at-once-nonsense.

That'd be nice, but I have a feeling they wouldn't add anything to give Ops more survivability (Well, Concealment at least).

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Every bit of Tatooine is absolutely fantastic, including the missions, the "some planets have these things called seasons" type NPC conversations, and all the ways they manage to vary a planet with nothing but sand.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Every time I get the drunken impulse to play this again, the patch time far outstrips my booze-influenced patience.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Nipponophile posted:

Every time I get the drunken impulse to play this again, the patch time far outstrips my booze-influenced patience.

use the patch time to work on your gi Joe let's read!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Welp double CXP is up and the daily XP thing hasn't been fixed. 3,800 per mission with a 100% CXP boost

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So for anyone who's thinking of rushing forward and getting the new train stronghold, they have a limit of 6 strongholds - so if you have all of the other ones, to get the train you'll have to deactivate one of yours. :(

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I imagine that was an oversight and they'll up the cap at some point.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

is that per account or character?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I finished the IA story for the first time over the weekend. I thought it was pretty good. My agent was a patriotic Imperial. I hated Kaliyo and Scorpio as characters. I wish I could have pushed them both out an air lock. Maybe drop Scorpio into a star to be on the safe side. It's kind of annoying b

I was pretty satisfied with the ending I got. I let Ardun Kothe live, but refused to give him the codex. I liked Kothe, the Jedi with dark side corruption on his face. I also refused to become Imperial Batman, saying I would work within the system. It was somewhat anti-climatic, but still weirdly satisfying that the spy stayed a spy.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

I can't seem to launch this game since the new patch, anyone else having this issue? Crashes immediately upon launching the actual game client.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shimrod posted:

I can't seem to launch this game since the new patch, anyone else having this issue? Crashes immediately upon launching the actual game client.

Assuming you're using the standard bitraider launcher, go to c:\program files\electronic arts\star wars - the old republic (or wherever the program directory is), go to the bitraider folder and delete all the files with the .xfs extension. That will force a repair and should resolve your issue.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Thanks, I'll give that a shot when I get home

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Which Flashpoint's can you do again in solo story mode?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Does anyone know how often SWTOR has done double XP events?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

galenanorth posted:

Does anyone know how often SWTOR has done double XP events?

Don't know the exact math or anything but they do them every couple of months.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Which Flashpoint's can you do again in solo story mode?

Black Talon (Esseles for Pub), Boarding Party (Taral V for Pub), The Foundry (Maelstrom Prison for Pub), Directive 7, Battle of Ilum, False Emperor, Assault on Tython, Korriban Incursion, Depths of Manaan, Legacy of the Rakata, Blood Hunt, Battle of Rishi, and the new Umbara one.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Turbl posted:

Black Talon (Esseles for Pub), Boarding Party (Taral V for Pub), The Foundry (Maelstrom Prison for Pub), Directive 7, Battle of Ilum, False Emperor, Assault on Tython, Korriban Incursion, Depths of Manaan, Legacy of the Rakata, Blood Hunt, Battle of Rishi, and the new Umbara one.

Thank you! I had always thought all of the Flashpoints were available, but turns out that is not true. At least the new Flashpoint is available though!

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Iokath dailies back to regular CXP lvls tomrrow, the rest next Tuesday. Can't complain was fun while it lasted.

I said come in! posted:

Thank you! I had always thought all of the Flashpoints were available, but turns out that is not true. At least the new Flashpoint is available though!

FP's relevant to the main story got solo modes the ones that are glorified sidequests did not.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Haha holy poo poo the bugs....

All vendors broken, galaxy map broken, Cartel Market broken, mission tracker broken, buff/debuff icons gone.

Just got a going down for maintenance message so my guess is 5.4a rolling back.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
So just a minor issue, then.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

All vendors broken, galaxy map broken, Cartel Market broken, mission tracker broken, buff/debuff icons gone.

I don't understand what changed between when the patch launched and before? :P

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Servers are back up.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I did eternity vault tonight for the first time in 3 years.

I pulled threat (hatred sin) on the annihilator droid. We spend 5 minutes on some ridiculous jumping skip to the lava cave. Gharj was constantly cleaving the raid. I was one of 3 people alive when Soa died.

All in all exactly what I remembered!

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

I pulled threat (hatred sin) on the annihilator droid. We spend 5 minutes on some ridiculous jumping skip to the lava cave. Gharj was constantly cleaving the raid. I was one of 3 people alive when Soa died.

The majority of Tanks are trash and unlike Heals and DPS you don't have other players to hide behind. For EV HM runs I usually just solo heal it and run sans Tanks, a single Taunt capable DPS works fine.

As for Soa people got used to doing it overleveled and never learned proper mechanics i.e. destroying the pylons on the way down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Sometimes I miss being overleveled for stuff.

The good news is, I hit 70 before starting KOTFE on one of my characters, sent him a set of legacy gear with purple mods from command crate drops, and then found out you don't get scaled down at all doing the early chapters at level 70. It's honestly so much more fun when I one-shot every skytrooper.

• Locked thread