Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Haifisch posted:

I'm (28f) adopting my niece (4f) and my family have ex communicated us.

This woman is an angel, and as much as it sucks should just cut all contact with her family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Mocking Bird posted:

Let's be clear that the headline will be "HOW CPS INCOMPETENCE MISSED THE HORRIFIC CHILD ABUSE UNDER THEIR VERY NOSES"

I do not envy your job. it's one of those things people discuss like a modern day welfare queen thing where it's always the cps bogeyman overstepping their grounds because some petty person keeps calling them but the second their's a kid who can't get proper help due general logistics/bureaucracy they're a useless organization.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

gently caress your family, take care of the little girl. What a bunch of assholes.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Is this domestic abuse? (self.relationship_advice)

quote:

Is throwing things and threatening to break things domestic abuse? Like everytime there is a fight he (28m) breaks and punches things then leaves. He picked up the tv and was about to smash it unless I answered him in 3 seconds. He has done this before with items and has burned my things because I didnt answer him the right way. I'm scared this will get worse even though he's never put his hands on me but he has raised his fist before several times. He just leaves when he's mad but slams doors and throws things across the house in the process.

He expects me to act a certain way and answer him a certain way but when I expect the same from him he flips out and says I'm starting a fight on purpose. I asked him what he wanted and he says "do what you want" but when he asks the same of me I HAVE to tell him what I want.

I have to walk on eggshells or he'll get pissed and leave and kick me out of the house or take my daughter. I dont know what to do I just need some advice from a 3rd party that's not his friends or family.

I wish I could find one of these pushover women, only instead of threatening to smash her tv I'd cook her sriacha eggs and force her to watch peep show. :smith:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Haifisch posted:

I'm (28f) adopting my niece (4f) and my family have ex communicated us.

She is such a good aunt. :unsmith: There's an update:

Update! I (28f) adopted my niece (4f) my family excommunicated me

quote:

Hi guys! So you may remember my post from January (above) I received a lot of messages and wanted to give you all an update. I have recently moved, changed my job to another branch, with a promotion! Anna is adjusting really well and is so happy that her mum is offically her mum. We completed the adoption and had a little party, just the two of us. I even got my first proper mothers day card (with the help of Angelas mother) from Anna. I never thought I'd be so happy. Anna still sees her bio mother's parents and they love her. I went no contact with my parents, I really have nothing more to say about them, it's a severed tie that will stay that way. I have started communicating with Angela via post to a po box so she doesn't know where I am. She has written letters for me to give Anna one day. I have read them all and saved them for Anna one day if she wants them. Angela sounds remorseful and has given me proof of being clean. I'm not yet ready to allow her any access to Anna and she would have to do a huge amount to be allowed near her. Lance hasn't showed any interest in his daughter. Mainly Anna is happy, I'm her mother and that's all that matters. I've also started seeing someone special that Anna is excited to meet and she's already trying to plan a wedding!

Thank you, you wonderful reddit people you gave me the confidence I have now that will help me be the mother Anna deserves.

Tldr happily ever after

My, it's dusty in here.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
My longtime girlfriend wanted me to bend her over right after proposing to her.

quote:

We've been dating for 5 years. Finally decided to pop the question on our 5th year anniversary yesterday while we were staying in Niagra Falls.

"Oh my God, YES!" she told me

I felt in love with her all over again.

After slipping the ring on, she whispered "Bend me over behind that tree."

Now for the sake of transparency, my girl is a self-proclaimed nymphomaniac and definitely gets off on being dominated and demeaned... especially in public (something we've done on several occasions before).

Having said all that, am I wrong for having told her no? Is it strange I feel like she completely ruined that special moment by interjecting with the request that I do her doggy style in some shrubs? I always envisioned that this would be a sanctimonious and romantic moment... instead, it felt dirty... it felt wrong.

The entire moment is playing over and over in my head. She doesn't seem to understand why I was so taken aback... why I've been so uncomfortable about the whole situation. She reminded me we've done it dozens of times before, and even had the nerve to tell me I was being too "emotional".

I don't know what to do. The last day has felt like one big weird blur. Just needed a place to vent.

TL;DR: girlfriend wanted to have sex in public after I'd proposed to her. Don't know how to feel about it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

maskenfreiheit posted:

YOU loving IDIOT

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

YOU loving IDIOT

Smart enough to put a ring on it, but dumb enough to miss out on a top 5 sex memory.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

YOU loving IDIOT

he mentions they've had public sex many times before, but now he's suddenly slut shamey.

he doesn't DESERVE hot canadian outdoor niagara falls sex

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

in today's time you will get put in prison and then on the sex offender list if you get busted banging in public

aint worth it bros

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

should've compromised with a car beej then

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Carrion Luggage posted:

in today's time you will get put in prison and then on the sex offender list if you get busted banging in public

aint worth it bros

They were in Canada. You can get away with a lot (trust me), plus you get to pull the tourist card.

(I'm sorry Officer, I didn't realize I couldn't do that!)

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Carrion Luggage posted:

aint worth it bros

Since he just proposed, I assume they were somewhere semi-private.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
I (24m) told one of my closest female friends since high school that I loved her and my gf (24f) read our texts and wants nothing to do with me.

quote:

First time posting here, I really would appreciate some direction on what to do.

Just a little background, I've known my gf for 2 years, been together since December (9 months). We're in a long distance relationship and we only see each other one weekend a month. My gf has always had trust issues since her first relationship she had which ended up with her bf emailing some girl saying he can't wait to see her (8 year relationship).

My hs friend has been like a sister to me, but my gf thinks we were having an affair. I told her that she's just a friend and we never had anything intimate and that I had no physical attraction towards her.

The past week my gf and I have been very Rocky and I turned to my high school friend for advice. She is a psychology major and has had more relationships than me and always gave me good advice. She told me not to see my gf anymore since we had a pseudo break up and I told her I saw her anyways. I told her I loved her for looking out for me. I would send her hearts and the kissy face emoji too because it's how we've always talked with each other.

My gf saw these messages and cursed me out, threw me out of her place and told me she wants nothing to do with me. After a while of angry texts she blocked all forms of communication except for email. I send paragraphs trying to explain myself but haven't heard anything yet.

I feel terrible for betraying her like this, but I think she's taking it the wrong way. I still love her dearly and only want her. I'm afraid this will be the last time I'll see her.

I'm not looking for sympathy, just other perspectives on this, I can follow up on as many questions as I can. Thanks for reading.

Tl;dr My gf saw messages between me and my female best friend since hs saying I love her and my gf wants nothing to do with me.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
A relative gave me (30f) a letter from my missing dad that contradicts years of lies from mom (65) should I confront?

quote:

My dad went out of my life when I was four and my mom quickly remarried and did everything in her power to make me my (abusive) adopted dad's kid, including changing my name. My whole life I've been told that he was lazy, jobless and that my mom has no idea why he abandoned me but she blames it on his being Japanese, saying in their culture they don't interfere with the kids if a mother gets remarried. Sometimes she would just say I guess he didn't care that much about you. A few weeks ago I got an old letter from a relative who wanted me to know the truth.

This letter was written to my mom shortly after their breakup and states very clearly that he wishes to stay in my life. He asks when he can come and says several times how much he loves me. He says he's going to send letters and gifts (I never got a letter, maybe she tossed them) and says if you won't let me see her, please send pictures. He stated that he has something he intended to give me at 15 and apologizes to my mother for not letting her have whatever it is, saying it would be too emotionally traumatic for her. Then he says he will respect her wishes and stay away if that's really what she wants but it will break his heart.

Do I confront my mother about letter? I'm not even angry to tell you the truth because she's narcissistic and has always done crap like this, I'm not actually shocked. I'm convinced if I try she will just dig her heels in and refuse to admit it so what's the point? Is there any or should I just keep it to myself and know my dad wasn't as lovely as she let on?

Tldr: narcissistic mom made me think absent dad forgot about me, turns out she pushed him out of my life. Should I discuss this with her?

It gets better:

quote:

Yes, you do. Contact your dad and let him know how you found out about him. Then get her out of your life forever.

OP posted:

This is the problem, he took getting out of my life to an extreme and I can't locate him now. I've been searching and searching fruitlessly for years. No internet presence, no addresses or phone numbers. I managed to find his family but they haven't heard from him in years. Last anyone saw was an ex who said she last saw him in 2001. He was heavy in the judo/martial arts scene but I haven't been able to find anything there either.

quote:

Martial arts scene is pretty tight, you may be able to find out something about him.
...The part of me who loves bad movie plots suggests taking up judo outright.

OP posted:

I've joked this my anime destiny now.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

maskenfreiheit posted:

I (24m) told one of my closest female friends since high school that I loved her and my gf (24f) read our texts and wants nothing to do with me.

You dumbass. You absolute moron.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Me [24 F] with my soon-to-be BIL [29 M]. He is trying to create drama because he thinks I'm 'stealing' his brother/my fiance [26M]

quote:

Throwaway because we all reddit and know each other's names.

I've been with Fred for 4 years and we are planning to get married next year. I met him after I had just moved to the UK and we instantly clicked. I hadn't planned on dating anyone but I guess sometimes life just happens. Back then, he was still living at home so I quickly met his father, stepmum, sister and brother Peter. They were all nice to me and very obvious happy that Fred had found someone. He has social anxiety disorder, so approaching me was a huge deal for him.

After two years together, Fred moved in with me. That was the first time his brother and father displayed some dislike for me. They feared I was taking advantage of him and stealing him away. In my opinion, they also disliked that I encouraged Fred to go back to university and finish the degree he dreamed of instead of working a dead-end job in the family business (where he felt incredibly unhappy and controlled).

After some time his family got used to it and everyone seemed very happy that Fred was doing something with his life. We got engaged and while everyone seemed happy, Peter took him aside fearing that I was trapping him or forcing him to get married. This really hurt me and installed a lot of fears. I questioned our entire relationship and whether I was controlling and pushy.

Recently, we announced that we'll be moving across the country for our careers. I've got a paid PhD position and Fred landed a job in his dream industry (not many opportunities where we are right now). I think that was the final straw for his brother. So far he has had several stern talks with Fred that he shouldn't let me walk all over him, that my dreams didn't have to be his etc. Again, I am incredibly hurt and anxious. When I met Fred, nobody in his family cared about what he wanted. I remember when I asked him what his dreams were and he said that nobody had ever asked him that. I do believe that I want the best for us as a team. We discussed getting married, we discussed moving... we make decisions together. So I don't think I'm the controlling she-devil that Peter sees in me. I know he is protective of Fred but this is really putting a strain on our relationship.

Last night, Peter texted him complaining that he didn't want me there at a family dinner because I was too aggressive and never understand his jokes. We were both shocked and after some questioning, Peter couldn't name a single specific incident. I cried a lot because I feel targeted. Yes, I do sometimes speak up against Peter, when I disagree with something he says (eg when he makes jokes about my country). But I never once raised my voice or insulted him. We believe that he can't handle that a woman is standing up for herself (his own gf is very submissive and only speaks when he asks her to... it's quite shocking to see).

Anyways, Fred went to the family dinner and I stayed home. He promised he'd talk to Peter and stand up for me. What should I do now? How should I react if he didn't talk to him or if he allowed Peter to talk baldy about me again (which I think will be the case)? How can I acknowledge that I feel for him because of the anxiety but that he needs to put his foot down? His family is not supportive of any 'conflict' and believes that the younger siblings must respect (=completely submit to) the older siblings.

tl;dr: Almost-BIL dislikes me and sees me as a controlling crazy witch. I want my fiance to stand up for me but his social anxiety and family hierarchy make it difficult.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

The Lone Badger posted:

You dumbass. You absolute moron.

Eh this is dumb and all but he's in a 9 month long distance relationship that sounds terrible, he should accept the dumping and be grateful for it and either work on some boundaries or just get to it and gently caress his psych major bestie

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
For me, two of the big ones were his inability to prioritize, and his lack of interest in my happiness, which frequently went hand-in-hand. His games and internet were more important than me, always. He could not stop playing long enough to do anything whatsoever to make me happy, even when specifically asked. He knew exactly what I wanted, I wrote things down many times. He would apologize for not meeting my needs, but then put ZERO effort into changing. He was simply unable to care enough about my happiness to do anything, even when told exactly what I wanted. Begging, crying, threatening, bargaining, nothing worked. His playtime was top priority in his life and always will be. There is no fixing that.

Loving someone means putting them ahead of yourself and your own interests at least sometimes. It means sometimes doing things we don't necessarily want to do, but we do it to make our partner happy. It means being able to compromise and reciprocate. Give and take. He was unable to do that. That's not a relationship. It's not fair to give 100% of yourself and get 5% of them back, if they're feeling generous.

And this was a long-distance relationship, so we hadn't even gotten to the shared chores and living together part yet. My requests were extremely simple. That's actually a big reason why I broke up with him... I knew this was a tip-of-the-iceberg situation... If he couldn't make me happy by doing a small, easy "token" thing that I specifically asked for (over and over), he sure wasn't going to put any effort into the big things. And if he was behaving like this during the dating phase when he was supposed to be at his best and trying to win me, God help me if I had actually married him.

Sadly, a dog gives me more empathy than he did. A dog truly cares if I am happy. When I am happy and make happy noises and happy faces, a dog pays attention to that and reacts with tail-wagging gladness. A dog will try his best to make me happy with what limited understanding he has. My ex-bf couldn't even give me that much. A dog cared more about me. And that hurts.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Pick posted:

For me, two of the big ones were his inability to prioritize, and his lack of interest in my happiness, which frequently went hand-in-hand. His games and internet were more important than me, always. He could not stop playing long enough to do anything whatsoever to make me happy, even when specifically asked. He knew exactly what I wanted, I wrote things down many times. He would apologize for not meeting my needs, but then put ZERO effort into changing. He was simply unable to care enough about my happiness to do anything, even when told exactly what I wanted. Begging, crying, threatening, bargaining, nothing worked. His playtime was top priority in his life and always will be. There is no fixing that.

Loving someone means putting them ahead of yourself and your own interests at least sometimes. It means sometimes doing things we don't necessarily want to do, but we do it to make our partner happy. It means being able to compromise and reciprocate. Give and take. He was unable to do that. That's not a relationship. It's not fair to give 100% of yourself and get 5% of them back, if they're feeling generous.

And this was a long-distance relationship, so we hadn't even gotten to the shared chores and living together part yet. My requests were extremely simple. That's actually a big reason why I broke up with him... I knew this was a tip-of-the-iceberg situation... If he couldn't make me happy by doing a small, easy "token" thing that I specifically asked for (over and over), he sure wasn't going to put any effort into the big things. And if he was behaving like this during the dating phase when he was supposed to be at his best and trying to win me, God help me if I had actually married him.

Sadly, a dog gives me more empathy than he did. A dog truly cares if I am happy. When I am happy and make happy noises and happy faces, a dog pays attention to that and reacts with tail-wagging gladness. A dog will try his best to make me happy with what limited understanding he has. My ex-bf couldn't even give me that much. A dog cared more about me. And that hurts.

Please post content or go to E/N

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

maskenfreiheit posted:

Please post content or go to E/N

That is, that's a quote. what the hell is your problem.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Pick posted:

This thread is for mocking Redditors, not you to post about yourself. Sorry for the confusion! 🙂

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

that kid is the happiest little sixteen-year-old Satanist in the world right now and I really hope nobody fucks up the good thing he's got going re: sis's square assed boyfriend

you're the problem with the world.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
:spergin:

Met a girl who asked if I was single and then proceeded to talk about having a threesome

quote:

Im a bit socially awkward and have very little experience, I don't say weird poo poo, I just don't talk much because I don't have any crazy stories to share or anything clever to say.

I asked a girl in a class if she wanted to come with me and grab lunch in the area since she was new around the area I didn't see her with anyone walking out the building. While chatting she asked if i was single which i said yea and asked what's the craziest things we've done which i shared and then she said she had a threesome at one point, WE JUST MET we're not even at the lunch place yet lol.

So I'm wondering do girls just ask guys if their single out of curiosity for conversation or are they always interested when they ask that, also with the threesome thing I guess I kind of have a vibe where I'm chill and can talk about anything without judging anyone. Do you guys think she was interested? Or are girls with piercings that like doing graffiti are just open to talk about anything.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Pick posted:

Every quote has a kernel of truth hiding awkwardly under a truck, we all know that.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

maskenfreiheit posted:

Absurd Alhazred posted:

YOU loving IDIOT

Haifisch posted:

Me [24 F] with my soon-to-be BIL [29 M]. He is trying to create drama because he thinks I'm 'stealing' his brother/my fiance [26M]

Seduce your brother in law and rip that family apart.

maskenfreiheit posted:

:spergin:

Met a girl who asked if I was single and then proceeded to talk about having a threesome

Beware women that talk about sexuality, they will inevitably want to spermjack you. Run.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

maskenfreiheit posted:

This thread is for mocking Redditors, not you to post about yourself. Sorry for the confusion! 🙂
are you literally retarded lol

kru
Oct 5, 2003

p sure its a joke, friend

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

kru posted:

p sure its a joke, dood

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Last night, Peter texted him complaining that he didn't want me there at a family dinner because I was too aggressive and never understand his jokes.

Lol.

"Bro, we need to talk. Your girlfriend doesn't 'get' my jokes and I'm pretty sure I'm not the problem here."

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

quote:

Yes, I do sometimes speak up against Peter, when I disagree with something he says (eg when he makes jokes about my country)

ah, i see

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Me [24 M ] with my ex[28 F] of 18 months , I gave her a pizza and she threw up wtf ??

quote:

So recently I gave my ex who i dumped a pepperoni pizza as she was always loved it. I wanted to cheer her up to move on as she took the breakup quite badly and was broken according to some mutual friends and she had previously mentioned that she loved my pepperoni and it was the biggest and best meat she's ever had. But after opening the pizza box and seeing the pizza she threw up? Why would my ex do that? I thought she loved eating the pepperoni I always gave her and she found it juicy and succulent and she previously couldn't stop licking every last bit of it and was always gushing over it. Should I offer her another one or let it slide? ;(

tl;dr: Gave my ex a pizza and she threw up and starting crying. What do?

As an aside, the winky-frown is my personal favourite emote

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
that's not even a clever or funny list of blowjob references

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm banking on it being someone trying to roll with the punches on the fact that his ex puked on his garbage dick

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
honestly if you read the whole story in that metaphor it sounds like sexual assault more than anything else

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
A cheery story for the bank holiday Monday:

My [M 28] grandparents [M 71/ F 69] abandoned me 'cause I'm biracial - now my grandmother "wants to get to know me."

quote:

u/stephandkdhater
My parents died in a car accident when I was 12. My father was black, and my mom was white. From the beginning, my parents disapproved of my parents’ relationship, due to my father's race. When my dad proposed, they gave my mom an ultimatum – them or my dad. She chose the latter. In response, my grandparents disowned my mother and had nothing to do with my family.

When my parents died, my grandparents refused to take me in. Last time I saw them was at my mother’s funeral. My grandfather didn’t speak to me, but my grandmother did. My dad also grew up an orphan, so there was no one on his side of his family. I was taken in by the state before a childless foster family took me in.

I was a troubled teenager. The pain of losing my parents would cause me to act out at times. I skipped classes, smoked pot, drank lean, got in fights, isolated myself from the world. But not once did my foster parents waver in their commitment to me. I love them so much. They are my second set of parents. We have a great relationship. When I was in foster care, my grandmother would send a letter to me, once in while. I didn’t respond. Eventually she stopped sending them.

I’m now 28, have my own business and am married to a wonderful woman; we’re expecting a baby in November. When I was in my early 20s, I was an alcoholic. In retrospect, I have no idea how I graduated from college. I drank liquor every day.

I drank when I woke up, when I was studying for exams. Basically all the time. I was so messed up then – it’s hard to comprehend that I really was that person. I used to run a little betting business in college; it was lucrative. However, I blew the money I made from that on booze. Looking back it makes me want to punch myself in the head. I earned the nickname "Fish" on campus due to my drinking habits. I was notorious for it. Old college buddies still call me that name - something that annoys my wife.

I hit rock bottom after graduating from college – I met my wife at the same time. She was so influential in helping me become sober. I couldn’t have done it without her. I’ve been dry for four years now.

With exception to the first few weeks and months of my sobriety, I haven’t felt the urge to have a drink (until now). Even when I go to parties these days – I’m content with a non-alcoholic beverage, while everyone else is drinking booze. I’m not entirely without vice – I’ll smoke the odd joint once in a while (it’s legal in my state). But I can handle that – when it comes to booze, I certainly cannot. I can’t drink it like “a normal person.” When I drink, I want to get absolutely wasted.

The urge to drink has surfaced because I read a letter from my grandmother. My “grandfather” passed away last year. My grandmother wrote that she didn’t want to leave me all alone, but her husband wouldn’t have it any other way. She said they were from a different time, where in a marriage, the man took the absolute lead. She wrote she loved me and wanted to get to know me.

Reading that letter brought up all kinds of feelings – anger, pain, confusion, regret. In the aftermath of reading it, I was close to buying a bottle of Jameson and ruining my sobriety. Only the thought of my wife and unborn son stopped me. I haven’t responded to my grandmother’s letter. Frankly, I don’t think it’s good for me to be around her. Not only for my own mental health (I’ve worked way too hard to get to this point in my life) but also for my family.

tl;dr

What I do know is that my grandmother wasn’t as adamant (as my grandfather) about disowning my mother and myself. However, I’m not so sure about having her in my life. Like I wrote, I hadn’t had the urge to drink for years prior hearing from my grandmother. And I’m about to be a dad – I feel like I need to be at my best, and having old wounds reopened is something that goes against that. Would appreciate any advice - even your own stories and experiences of family estrangements will help give me perspective.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Milotic posted:

A cheery story for the bank holiday Monday:

My [M 28] grandparents [M 71/ F 69] abandoned me 'cause I'm biracial - now my grandmother "wants to get to know me."

Send the letter back along with a note saying they have the wrong person as youve never had any grandparemts

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
lol Grandma's realizing she needs to get someone to pay for her when she ends up in an old folk's home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
I [15M] bought my girlfriend's dad a PS4 and people are calling me a homo for it.

quote:

My girlfriend's dad is in the Marines. He was angry when he met me and thought I wasn't good enough for his daughter (I am also Indian, so that made it worse).

I always heard him lament that he wanted a PS4. I worked a summer job and saved up money to buy him one. It was his birthday yesterday, and I wanted to show him that I am a good boyfriend. Everyone was surprised and he was a really happy man!

However, my gf told her friends this and they're calling me an idiot and homo for buying him a PS4. They say that if I am buying him gifts of such calibre, I should just date him (No).

What should I do about those idiots? Was I wrong to give him such a present?

TL;DR : Bought gf's dad a PS4 for his birthfay. People are calling me calling me an idiot and homo for buying him a gift of such calibre.