Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I honestly just found it refreshing that Eric was so bitter and angry and hostile. I'm sick of all these stories about inspiring handicapped people who climb mountains and poo poo, I can only relate to dickheads like myself.

Also I hope Kendra rots in hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
My new thing is reading Trumps tweets in Eric's voice.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Bonzo posted:

My new thing is reading Trumps tweets in Eric's voice.

Holy poo poo. This actually works.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Who beet?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i like to think that johnny fratto is exploiting eric up in heaven right now

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

an adult beverage posted:

Yeah I agree he was definitely "nudged" in certain directions for bits, maybe by the show and/or Johnny Fratto. But, I don't think any of the best ETM bits are fake. ETM is just too lovely of an actor/liar to pull it off. The biggest fake I can think of is the whole Kendra saga that he was definitely in on- but he got found out pretty easily with that one.

You think ETM was in on the Kendra saga? I always felt like he was being lied to by Johnny and Kendra and thats why he would get so indignant when they would say it was fake. He would get so mad! Eric was the best.

If he admitted it or something I may have missed some key parts of the saga and should remedy that with some ETM background noise today.

Evil Agita fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 25, 2017

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Eric the ungrateful shitcock never scammed limo drivers and restaurants. He never got away with vehicular homicide. He never did whatever it is that makes me hate rear end Napkin Ed and Debbie the pet lady so much. He just wanted to be loved by an American Idol. Is that so wrong?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Szyznyk posted:

Eric the ungrateful shitcock never scammed limo drivers and restaurants. He never got away with vehicular homicide. He never did whatever it is that makes me hate rear end Napkin Ed and Debbie the pet lady so much. He just wanted to be loved by an American Idol. Is that so wrong?

He threatened to rape a woman on the air so...

He also stalked women and there was some questions about if he'd had discussions with the police over it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I heard he survived by photosynthesis.

Maybe it had been cloudy for a week up until the day he died.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, like... he might not have initially pushed for the Pepsah-Cola reimbursement if not for Johnny, but he was still a dumb enough moron to go along with it. That, to me, is just as good.

For anyone on here who can't stand listening to him, the main reason we fans of him are how we are is likely because we love to hate him. He is maddeningly frustrating, even infuriating at times, and it's just so ridiculous that we can't turn it off (it's the 'can't look away' trainwreck situation).

At least that's how I feel. So, I get the hate, I do, but those feelings in me just make me want to listen to him more.

EDIT: Take this bit for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xTVegmABCw

I LOVE how they gently caress with him here. And I mean, them doing that is one thing, but then the fact that he doesn't clue in to how they're being SUPER obvious about it is just the icing on the club-footed cake.

For someone who listens to the show as much as he did, he didn't realize that Howard and the gang NEVER go on and on and on about a missed call ever.

I get that for someone like Ralph. I love to hate him. I love when they make fun of Ralph, Sal, Gary, Benjy, etc.. But with eric, it was like there's no emotion behind him. He didn't feel embarrassment, or didn't show any signs of it, so it's hard to get pleasure from them making fun of him. It's like making fun of a toaster.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Eric was in on the Kendra poo poo. It was all planned. That's why the entire "Im going to play the field" bit failed because he was such a lovely actor he couldn't stop from smiling in the middle of saying it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Eric displayed more rage than I ever will in a lifetime.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Szyznyk posted:

What?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

some guy on the bus posted:

I get that for someone like Ralph. I love to hate him. I love when they make fun of Ralph, Sal, Gary, Benjy, etc.. But with eric, it was like there's no emotion behind him. He didn't feel embarrassment, or didn't show any signs of it, so it's hard to get pleasure from them making fun of him. It's like making fun of a toaster.

Holy poo poo, THIS.

I've never really been able to explain why I never really liked his segments, and this is it.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Elegant Elliot Offen.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Elliot Offen killed someone. It was manslaughter though, just a bad accident.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches

^^^^ edit; gently caress, beaten

Elegant Elliot ran over and killed an old lady sometime between the end of the radio show and the debut of the Sirius run. It was definitely reported on by Langford, yet weirdly enough not expounded upon on the actual show that much.

And let's not give short (heh) thrift to Eric - he did too try to scam...he first padded a bill to Fratto for his WWE trip to promote an energy drink, and also tried to use Johnny's credit card to get free rides to the Bunny Ranch. Let's also not forget his price gouging on his autographed photos on his store, I think they were nearly $30 and you didn't even get it in an 8x10 form. Little shrimpy gangster gently caress, haha!

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Cliche Guevara posted:

^^^^ edit; gently caress, beaten

Elegant Elliot ran over and killed an old lady sometime between the end of the radio show and the debut of the Sirius run. It was definitely reported on by Langford, yet weirdly enough not expounded upon on the actual show that much.

He sent that old bag to the CHOP SHOP, that's gangster talk for morgue riiighhhttt

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
gently caress you GAY HOWARD

Hi Fred

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Eric displayed more rage than I ever will in a lifetime.

Its like the rage distorted his body. Like the Emperor in Star Wars.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Ether Frenzy posted:

gently caress you GAY HOWARD

Hi Fred

I miss Alice. They had a bit with her a few weeks back, but she is on the show so rarely now.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I liked when Elliot Offen would yell and argue and complain about how to properly pronounce his last name.

"It's Offen! Not Offen!"

It always sounded exactly the same and no one knew what he was yelling about.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Former Human posted:

I liked when Elliot Offen would yell and argue and complain about how to properly pronounce his last name.

"It's Offen! Not Offen!"

It always sounded exactly the same and no one knew what he was yelling about.

He says it like "Affen". I hear the difference, I just don't understand it.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

This is my ultimate case for why Hank is my favorite Wack Packer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyl2_b2KE1w

He's loaded, he destroys Gary, and he even hits Randy Newman with a barb.

Beet has a longer time on the show and Eric was heard far more but I'd put Hank up there as the P4P greatest Wack Packer ever. I think Beet and Eric had chances of being dull and boring (I love Beet but there's only so much he can do or the show can do to him) but Hank was always interesting and always on.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I only started listening to the show after Hank died, but the thread made me go back and listen to his best bits earlier this year. The only think that really bothers me about it all is knowing that he died, and watching the staff laugh at him, and encouraging him on when he was smashed. It almost felt like they were unknowingly helping him kill himself, but he probably would have done the same anyway, and he got to live a decent portion of his life as a star :snoop:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Kragger99 posted:

I only started listening to the show after Hank died, but the thread made me go back and listen to his best bits earlier this year. The only think that really bothers me about it all is knowing that he died, and watching the staff laugh at him, and encouraging him on when he was smashed. It almost felt like they were unknowingly helping him kill himself, but he probably would have done the same anyway, and he got to live a decent portion of his life as a star :snoop:

They almost did this with Artie

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Kragger99 posted:

That's why Crackhead Bob stopped coming on the show, he was tired of being a joke and moved away from the city to get off drugs.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Kragger99 posted:

They tried to get him into rehab. He wouldn't go. Just like Artie.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Here's Hank and folks, he's drinking again. This is so sad. Hank, you're an alcoholic, please get help.

Repeat for 45 minutes.

Oh boy, what a great Stern show!

They tried to help Hank on multiple occasions, he didn't want it. The dude bailed out of mandatory court treatment programs, too. You can't save everyone.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Plus Bob and Hank were discovered because they had a drug or alcohol problem. Their problems started way before and had zero to do with the show.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

One of the greatest things about Eric is a mix of his ingratitude and complete lack of intimidation of Howard. Howard Stern, regardless of your opinion of him, is a gigantic figure in the last 50 years of American Media. I know KOAM started as a goof but in the 90's Stern was to radio what The Simpsons were to TV. I didn't listen then but I always knew who he was. I even really enjoyed Private Parts, having never listened to his show.

He's incredibly famous, incredibly rich, impressively powerful, and here is a broke midget in a wheel chair calling him bignose, and threatening to "go to war" with him over calling Kelly Clarkson fat. You can't get much farther apart on the social hierarchy ladder of the world than Eric and Stern. Nobody, NOBODY in Stern's life talks to him like Eric did. Not for decades.

God I miss that angry little mcnugget.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

For anyone on here who can't stand listening to him, the main reason we fans of him are how we are is likely because we love to hate him. He is maddeningly frustrating, even infuriating at times, and it's just so ridiculous that we can't turn it off (it's the 'can't look away' trainwreck situation).

At least that's how I feel. So, I get the hate, I do, but those feelings in me just make me want to listen to him more.

:same:
I always felt like it was the same (for me) as the Hoawrd Stern Haters in Private parts. They listen for twice as long as the fans, because "they want to hear what he'll say next".
I really fuckin hated the guy, but it was always classic when they antagonized the poo poo out of him.

Zero... Point... Zero.

Which wack packer do you guys thing will die next? I kinda wish it'll be high pitch eric, but he seems like a human cockroach. After stern has long retired, he'll still be kicking and beet, foot, gary, wendy will have all kicked the bucket.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

^^ I get the feeling when High Pitch dies, it'll be a violent shooting because he conned the wrong people.

GenoCanSing posted:

One of the greatest things about Eric is a mix of his ingratitude and complete lack of intimidation of Howard. Howard Stern, regardless of your opinion of him, is a gigantic figure in the last 50 years of American Media. I know KOAM started as a goof but in the 90's Stern was to radio what The Simpsons were to TV. I didn't listen then but I always knew who he was. I even really enjoyed Private Parts, having never listened to his show.

He's incredibly famous, incredibly rich, impressively powerful, and here is a broke midget in a wheel chair calling him bignose, and threatening to "go to war" with him over calling Kelly Clarkson fat. You can't get much farther apart on the social hierarchy ladder of the world than Eric and Stern. Nobody, NOBODY in Stern's life talks to him like Eric did. Not for decades.

God I miss that angry little mcnugget.

I think that is what really upended Howard, honestly. Artie showed that it was easy to wail on Eric because despite his rage he really had nothing else in life. You could tell him to gently caress off and he would screech and 'quit' the show and then call in the very next day under some pathetic excuses. He was a human punching bag that really couldn't fight back despite his delusional brain thinking he could. Howard could have and should have gone further. At the end, it wasn't Howard holding back, it was Howard kowtowing to some little freak because Howard was getting too soft and trying vainly to break into the mainstream and failing.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

He was a human punching bag that really couldn't fight back despite his delusional brain thinking he could.

(EDIT: I'm totally wrong, but not going to delete my post)

"I'm IRISH... we're known for fighting with our words..."

I'm also (Canadian) Irish, and what the gently caress is this all about? First of all, who thinks this? You get a stereotypical Irishman riled up and you'll likely get a hook to the jaw.

Second of all, oh Eric, did you back the wrong horse. If this IS an Irish stereotype, he is a shining example against it. :allears:

"Fred, you push that button one more time and I'll show up and

BZEHK AHR YZR.... FINGERS!"

"Howard, let me do the red carpet. I know I can do it, so let me drat do it."

"..........." (this choice quote is from his 'Idle' show).

Edit: For someone like him who consistently let opportunities pass him by, I'm reminded of:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 28, 2017

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
My favorite ETM moment is the press conference he gave over the internet during one of his breaks from the show. There's a computer fan hum sound in that background that goes between a low and higher frequency. It's sublime and I don't know why.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Oh my god, I forgot about his Idol show. It's almost how impressive how boring it was.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

haljordan posted:

Oh my god, I forgot about his Idol show. It's almost how impressive how boring it was.

His Idol show with all those technical difficulties was amazing. I also loved it when he booted people for asking when he was going to fly with Balloons or they would just type ACK ACK.

ETM is the greatest Wack Packer of all time in my opinion. He thought Werewolves were real for christ sake.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Burden posted:

His Idol show with all those technical difficulties was amazing. I also loved it when he booted people for asking when he was going to fly with Balloons or they would just type ACK ACK.

ETM is the greatest Wack Packer of all time in my opinion. He thought Werewolves were real for christ sake.

Agreed completely. Though for the sake of full disclosure, Johnny put that werewolf thing in the clause. Eric, however, didn't fight it. "Johnny said he read something on Wikipedia..."

I will say that the only part of the ETA timeline that I don't really care for (while still loving it more than a lot of other wack packer appearances) was when Gonzo showed up. I mean, I love it when people hosed with Eric, but Gonzo was annoying.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

This screenshot of John's desktop and browser is loving hysterical.

https://twitter.com/stutteringjohnm/status/901848753140666370

Also of note, he went on a random rant at Jackie in the past couple hours after saying he made up with Artie. No clue where it comes from since Jackie (41k Twitter followers to John's 17k, that's hilarious by itself) seemingly does nothing but tweet hack jokes and promote himself. Nothing to what John says other than that Jackie was a narcissist, as if anyone on the show wasn't. Maybe he'll fire out more who knows. He claims he's going to lay it all out in his book as well but I'm doubting that book ever sees the light of day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

This screenshot of John's desktop and browser is loving hysterical.

https://twitter.com/stutteringjohnm/status/901848753140666370

Also of note, he went on a random rant at Jackie in the past couple hours after saying he made up with Artie. No clue where it comes from since Jackie (41k Twitter followers to John's 17k, that's hilarious by itself) seemingly does nothing but tweet hack jokes and promote himself. Nothing to what John says other than that Jackie was a narcissist, as if anyone on the show wasn't. Maybe he'll fire out more who knows. He claims he's going to lay it all out in his book as well but I'm doubting that book ever sees the light of day.

At this point I think the funniest thing is that a bunch of old men are acting like teenagers while clinging onto the 'cool guy' who is a junkie dependent on his mother and sister for nearly everything he does.

Oh, but they're 'real men' who are bitching about Twitter, and arguing over how many followers they can buy. Jesus Christ.