Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I know Gorka is Chapos thing but good god he would be fantastic as a CBB guest
https://twitter.com/JAdomian/status/901482060271038464

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
Did Earwolf record any video for Episode 500? I love hearing everyone off-mic losing their poo poo when something funny happens but I really want to see the reactions.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I wish they had video of the last christmas episode when John Lennon got a Chicago accent.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Please come back, James
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjmVkswP2eo

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

he was on a month ago

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Terror Sweat posted:

he was on a month ago

My prayers have been answered!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Good rear end lineup today

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
lineup was good, but drat put this poo poo out to pasture.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
its either new, unfunny guests who have no idea whats going on, or ~classic guests~ who moved on a long time ago fake laughing to bits that expired years ago.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
Paul F Thompkins and Lauren Lapkus are literally wheezing for twenty seconds at a time!!! At an ironic dad joke wordplay by SCOTTYTOOHOTTY!!! They still got it B)

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Please, stop crying and banging your fists on the table

cams
Mar 28, 2003

angry about not liking a comedy podcast

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The episode is Good. I like any Nathan Fielder appearance because his deadpan, straight-shooting demeanor pairs really well with Scott's "I want to push this stupid idea as hard as possible" style.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I was happy to see Nathan Fielder was a guest, and then immediately disappointed to see Betsy Sodaro. It was a real roller coaster ride of emotions.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
You don't like Betsy? Betsy's great!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Betsy's amazing, but I can see her flavor of improv turning some off. But also they have bad opinions.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I like Betsy but sometimes on I4H her improv style is like Meisner repetition of whatever Gabrus said.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Her episode of Off Book was pretty great too, but all episodes (I've heard so far) of Off Book are pretty great.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I enjoy Betsy Sodaro's voice a lot

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

GoutPatrol posted:

I like Betsy but sometimes on I4H her improv style is like Meisner repetition of whatever Gabrus said.

Will Hines has been doing this lately and it's driving me crazy.

Love both people, though.

Edit: Specifically, his last i4h appearance, not today's CBB.

crimedog fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Sep 12, 2017

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Hm, I can see it with Betsy and Gabrus but not Will. Sure, Will is a "Yes, and..." machine, but he' always dives deep down into the minutia of his immediate, unconsidered "yes" and settles in to dig and dig and dig.

e: for anyone who likes Will Hines, he's got a couple videos of his late great NYC improv show Brothers Hines up on YouTube. This one in particular is one of my favorite improv sets I've seen. Hell, this one is pretty drat great too. I miss that show :smith:

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Sep 12, 2017

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I haven't finished today's ep yet but this quote from Scott had me crying from laughing so hard:

"Do you think Sia should have someone open for her named 'wouldn't wanna be ya'?"

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

JethroMcB posted:

The episode is Good. I like any Nathan Fielder appearance because his deadpan, straight-shooting demeanor pairs really well with Scott's "I want to push this stupid idea as hard as possible" style.

same with Tig

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

AndrewP posted:

same with Tig

Tig's energy compared to Lauren, Erin and Mary made it even more entertaining.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I always hope for the return of the Good One Robot. 200x’s Character of the Year.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

PFT holding Scott's feet to the fire on his dumb comedy tics is my favorite thing.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

FitFortDanga posted:

PFT holding Scott's feet to the fire on his dumb comedy tics is my favorite thing.

One of my favorite moments from basically any podcast is in UTU2TM when PFT is just soft of dismissively going "Mmm-hmm. Uhh-huh" over and over while Scott tells a story, and after a few seconds Scott just breaks and announce that he's lost patience for the show. PFT then says "Oh, is it because people are doing to you what you do to them?"

cams
Mar 28, 2003

andy deals with scott in my favorite way, which is "i am not going to acknowledge your premise but i will give you SOME response."

i believe this episode features the second time scott has asked andy for his dream snl cast, and the second time scott listed charlie chaplin for his.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
SNL Dream Cast is one of my favorite dumb Scott jokes. People get so earnest about it and put real thought into their answers, then Scott pulls the rug out with his list of silent movie stars and/or master thespians.

SpacePig posted:

One of my favorite moments from basically any podcast is in UTU2TM when PFT is just soft of dismissively going "Mmm-hmm. Uhh-huh" over and over while Scott tells a story, and after a few seconds Scott just breaks and announce that he's lost patience for the show. PFT then says "Oh, is it because people are doing to you what you do to them?"

Did we ever find out when PFT first heard about U2?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

FitFortDanga posted:

SpacePig posted:

The 2016 tour is great for this too. The May 19th (maybe 20th) episode, Scott gets exhausted and give the show to PFT who then does "good" interview questions to everyone and only asks Scott "Scott questions", which then causes Scott to break and talk about how he's going insane from being on a tour bus and waking up to talk to insane people and then fans and then going back to sleep. Scott doesn't break from exhaustion often, and it's hilarious.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

JethroMcB posted:

Did we ever find out when PFT first heard about U2?

It's like a high school newspaper question.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
This is the best episode in months and months, they alternate being past it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Nothing warms my heart more than PFT bullying his long time pal.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Yeah I was coming here to say that I don't listen weekly now but MAN it's good to hear a bit of that classic Scott/PFT comedic relationship. PFT just constantly exasperated by Scott never gets old. And Andy honestly treats Scott similarly to the way PFT treats Scott which made it doubly great.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I still don't know when Brooklyn 99 is premiering.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Borderline crying laughing when Scott started to close up the plug bag and the "Nice" kicked in. C+ ep.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Papa John Misty posted:

Borderline crying laughing when Scott started to close up the plug bag and the "Nice" kicked in. C+ ep.
i sang along in my car

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I've had my suspicions for a while but it was hearing "the show where they talk to interesting people" said sincerely on James Bonding that convinced me that tag line wasn't a Scotty Aucks joke but something imposed by Scripps.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I wouldn't be surprised if just coming up with a tagline for the show was imposed by Scripps, but that the line itself was literally the best thing Auckerman could come up with to describe the show in 1 sentence or less. Also, it looks like it was suggested as a catchphrase in the forums back in June, but I honestly couldn't say when Scott started to say it, so who knows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think he also uses it as a test to see if any of the guests listen to the show. None of them seem to have passed.